Millennium Falcon - "Hero Series"

Reaction score
I just picked up the last local one around here for $15. I love this thing. My kids love this thing...but not for full retail. I applied the decals last night, and for a hunk of plastic, I like it. I am not sure if I will mod it or not. I may just hang it in the kids room.

If I do mod it, I may just simply do a wash and some dry brushing and be done. I'd love to be extensive...but this is good enough for a kids toy.

Reaction score
picked up two of these for $15 in Indianapolis last weekend. Have yet to even open yet.
Finally got around to messing with this. I picked up a few of these @ $15 and my daughter and I made a weekend out of getting them stickered up and ready for the big treatment. It was real fun. I think they look great.

I used a piece of frosted plastic to conceal the bulbs. It really helps diffuse the light a bit and give it more of an even glow across the panel. Next time I might try bagging the light a bit so it doesnt pour back into the ship.

Reaction score
That looks great, just like it's had a really hard time of things.
I used stamp pad ink for the weathering and I'm glad I did as I need to alter the engine exhaust stains to a more realistic pattern. It just wipes off with a cleaning wipe.

I sprayed the inside of a lot of the hull because of the light bleed (I first noticed that on the Revell snap kit I got). It does make a difference to the overall effect but I think I had less of a problem with the Hasbro model as I just stuck two strips of leds on the existing engine wall which throws the light rearwards. I covered the strips with blue masking tape which diffused the light and then used a length of OO gauge railway sleepers for the grille effect.

To be honest, I think the critics of this model are way off. I got this instead of the DeAgostini model mainly because of the cost difference and I'm pleased the way mine, and many others like yours for example, are turning out. If only the X-Wing had moving wings I'd have bought one of those too (whats an X-Wing without folding wings ? a ¤---0O0---¤ ? )

Reaction score
Even if you spend a couple of hundred bucks on the Shapeways parts, including the cockpit, you would still have a great looking replica at only 1/10 the cost of the De Ago Falcon.

Reaction score
Here's the finished product with molded details for the parts that would be stickers around the perimeter. They were molded form the BMF mandibles and cast in Hot glue. Attached then painted. All in all a nice finished product.

Reaction score
Nice.

This MF is a real bargain bucket, and when people can see what it looked like straight out of the box and what it can be turned into with a little effort, the results are truly amazing.

Reaction score
that's some beautiful modifications there. Pretty amazing. Also, I have such a foul mouth that my brain translates 'MF' to something other than Millennium Falcon when I read it here. Just makes me chuckle. Especially 'BMF' which I automatically translate to 'BIG something something inappropriate'.

Reaction score
Dying to find one of these at a discounted price in the Houston area

Reaction score
Man, I'd love one of these. Has anyone fully converted it to 3.75 inch playable yet?

For those that picked it up for $10 and are sick of looking at it, I'll help ya out!

Reaction score
I have been eyeing picking one of these up to convert to a 3.75 figure toy. Is there enough vertical room inside for figure? Cheers