Millennium Falcon - "Hero Series"

Reaction score
Please, please don't tempt me :p

I wanna hang this from my ceiling with other models behind.
But yeah, it's a fun project.

Curious question to anyone; what are the acrylic stands called with the three prongs that sit any small vehicle on?

Reaction score
Please, please don't tempt me :p

I wanna hang this from my ceiling with other models behind.
But yeah, it's a fun project.

Curious question to anyone; what are the acrylic stands called with the three prongs that sit any small vehicle on?

Crap, I have two of 'em and I can't remember the company name! (also, they took FOREVER to ship!)

but they are cool.

Reaction score
Onwards and upwards with this Falcon :)
Already run out of a necessary colour so I'm stopping until I find it again.

That said, here's what I got so far

Enjoy my work

Ben

Reaction score
Is there a particular brand/type of paint you guys are using? I am a little concerned about damaging this softer plastic.

Reaction score
There is an extensive thread on The RPF about this ship and what is working and not working as well as there being a number of threads from members who are actively modifying their Falcon. Also are you aware of the new accessories from Shapeways for this beast?

Reaction score
There is an extensive thread on The RPF about this ship and what is working and not working as well as there being a number of threads from members who are actively modifying their Falcon. Also are you aware of the new accessories from Shapeways for this beast?
Some of those guys at RPF blow my mind. I dabble in customizing, but what I'd give to have some of the skills floating around on that site.

Reaction score
I picked one up on clearance, I am planning on trying to make it a little better. I bought a parts lot to the BMF a few months ago, it has all the parts I need:grin:

Reaction score
I've picked up 2 on clearance over the last couple weeks. My ultimate plan is to make the body taller to accommodate some internal stuff. We'll see how that goes. Might just end up giving them a paint job.

Reaction score
No. They did a market test run early last year of 4 issues before going back and making changes to the parts, magazine and the order in which the parts are released. It has just been OFFICIALLY released and is now up to issue 2 in the UK with worldwide distribution set to commence very soon.

havent they cancelled that project twice and now starting it up for a third time?

Reaction score
Bought the Falcon and the X-Wing over the Xmas period, with the goal being to give tem a makeover and add some basic lighting and then hang them in my cinema room. As mentioned throughout the thread the kits are very boring straight out of the box, but with a quick paint job and some $3 LEDs they turn into worthy epic masterpieces.

Reaction score
Bought the Falcon and the X-Wing over the Xmas period, with the goal being to give tem a makeover and add some basic lighting and then hang them in my cinema room. As mentioned throughout the thread the kits are very boring straight out of the box, but with a quick paint job and some $3 LEDs they turn into worthy epic masterpieces.

YUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice. I've got 2 sitting in the garage right now. Trying to figure out how to cheaply fill those gaps around the edges to avoid using the stickers.

Reaction score
Took under an hour to paint the entire Falcon. I also applied all the stickers and just dry brushed over the top to blend them all in. Drilled 30 holes at the rear and inserted a string of 30 micro LEDs. Cost $2 + $1 shipping.

All I was after was a large size Falcon that looked reasonably accurate with a bit of lighting to hang in the room, and this Hasbro item ticked all the boxes. Looks a little nasty straight out of the box, but with a little Imagineering can be turned into a semi professional looking Falcon for next to no money.

I've had friends drop by and say that they'd pay at least $500 for a Falcon looking that good. All up cost me Aus$90 for the Falcon, $5 for paint and $3 for lights. Converts to about US$80.

Reaction score
Saw a ton of these on a pallet tonight at a clearance price of 30.00. I'm tempted to get one to attempt a PT paint job on one since it is so cheap, but I just can't pull the trigger so far. I just like the BMF so much better...

Reaction score
Purchase the side wall upgrades (one of many for this Falcon) from Shapeways or wait for them to be cast in resin very soon.

YUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice. I've got 2 sitting in the garage right now. Trying to figure out how to cheaply fill those gaps around the edges to avoid using the stickers.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I like the way you operate. I really need to rekindle my 3D love. Did some awesome work in college but once I graduated I really didn't have any luck finding work. I really think this should be the year I remedy that.

Shapeways is an awesome platform for a lot for stuff I have in mind for sure.

Reaction score
Saw a ton of these on a pallet tonight at a clearance price of 30.00. I'm tempted to get one to attempt a PT paint job on one since it is so cheap, but I just can't pull the trigger so far. I just like the BMF so much better...
I'll have to go check ours..if they have them at $30 Im grabbing 2 more

Reaction score
Went to my Walmart to check this out again since I saw it yesterday for $30, and to my surprise it went down to $15 today! For that price I decided to get it. Great discount. Not even sure where I'll put it yet but I want to add the stickers and some paint, and then add LEDs like S4Sith. Awesome job by the way!

Reaction score
whoa..are you serious? just bought 3 of them today..wonder if theyd match the new pricer since it was on the same day.

Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised to see it drop even more so soon. I'd try getting them to match the price, you'd get a lot of money back. Maybe return them then buy it again right there.

Reaction score
Just called another store nearby to see if they had any, and theyre still $30 there..and wont price match another WM store..they only price match competitors.

Reaction score

​WOW! I am impressed. Its looks amazing.

Reaction score
Ironically 1 of 2 of the most hated items in recent Star Wars toy history. However in the right hands the hero series Falcon and Xwing are practically works of art. I particularly love the xwing as it's perfectly scaled for 3.75 inch figures. Sadly, the awesomeness and potential of these items will mostly remain unknown to most collectors. :sigh:

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I've done a few detail shots of mine as well as hanging the top and bottom halves in a window. It kinda gives you an x-ray type look. I for one don't care for play value in a model such as this, for the price it's cheap and completely moddable (sic).
Hasbro Falcon Slideshow by eoslensman | Photobucket

I think a tank kit will provide enough parts for the side detailing, plenty of wheels and track bits. I've even bought part one of the DeAg model for the cockpit backplate. I know it's a little out of scale but once it's cut to fit and backlit I won't mind.

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I've done a few detail shots of mine as well as hanging the top and bottom halves in a window. It kinda gives you an x-ray type look. I for one don't care for play value in a model such as this, for the price it's cheap and completely moddable (sic).
Hasbro Falcon Slideshow by eoslensman | Photobucket

I think a tank kit will provide enough parts for the side detailing, plenty of wheels and track bits. I've even bought part one of the DeAg model for the cockpit backplate. I know it's a little out of scale but once it's cut to fit and backlit I won't mind.
Good idea.

Reaction score
Took under an hour to paint the entire Falcon. I also applied all the stickers and just dry brushed over the top to blend them all in. Drilled 30 holes at the rear and inserted a string of 30 micro LEDs. Cost $2 + $1 shipping.

All I was after was a large size Falcon that looked reasonably accurate with a bit of lighting to hang in the room, and this Hasbro item ticked all the boxes. Looks a little nasty straight out of the box, but with a little Imagineering can be turned into a semi professional looking Falcon for next to no money.

I've had friends drop by and say that they'd pay at least $500 for a Falcon looking that good. All up cost me Aus$90 for the Falcon, $5 for paint and $3 for lights. Converts to about US$80.
Really excellent work, S4Sith.

If you don't mind sharing, did you brush or airbrush? And what type/brand paint did you use.a
Again, really impressive work.

Reaction score
Really excellent work, S4Sith.

If you don't mind sharing, did you brush or airbrush? And what type/brand paint did you use.a
Again, really impressive work.
I kept the job as simple as possible. Small soft brush and some Tamiya flat black and flat grey. Dry brushing is a quick way of bringing out all the raised detail.

The white LEDs arrived yesterday, so I'll install them in later this week. I predrilled around 10 holes in the cockpit area (under the stickers) so there'll be some glow from the cockpit + 2 front (spot) lights and I want a soft diffused glow around the front entry point.