Millennium Falcon - "Hero Series"

Reaction score
So the rumored large vehicle was a new Falcon after all and a much duller one at that. My interest is about 2%, meaning I just want the radar dish since it looks to possibly be bigger than the underscaled one from the Legacy Falcon. So if anyone is planning on getting this to do a post attack on the Death Star 2 version of the Falcon and doesn't need the radar dish I will gladly take it off your hands. If not I will keep my fingers crossed Hasbro places a parts order for it on their website.Giant "Role Play" Millennium Falcon Coming This Fall! - YodasNews.com – Star Wars Action Figures, Collectibles, and Movies News

Reaction score
So Stan's hint was right. Not the one about flying casual but the one before stating that we'd get a BMF and it is a BMF and much duller one this time around. May be great for some who want sort of a replica prop look given a bit of painting. I really don't have an interest in it unless I can get the dish somehow since it looks to have a better scale to it than the Legacy version.

Giant "Role Play" Millennium Falcon Coming This Fall! - YodasNews.com – Star Wars Action Figures, Collectibles, and Movies News

Reaction score
Messa back ... Just for second! Comic-Con will have a few new items! It will be like taken in a fresh breathe of air! The tie in ship for Esp VII. Here a hint! Fly but don't fly to close!!!!
lando said that while piloting the falcon, so that's where i guess a falcon reissue

Fly casual.
this quote i assume started the shuttle theories

So Stan's hint was right. Not the one about flying casual but the one before stating that we'd get a BMF and it is a BMF and much duller one this time around. May be great for some who want sort of a replica prop look given a bit of painting. I really don't have an interest in it unless I can get the dish somehow since it looks to have a better scale to it than the Legacy version.

Giant "Role Play" Millennium Falcon Coming This Fall! - YodasNews.com – Star Wars Action Figures, Collectibles, and Movies News
stan didn't say "fly casual"- again i think the shuttle theory got many off the idea of a falcon, which as we now know does tie in w/ ep7

Reaction score
ok, lando didnt say that directly, but his line in rotj was more in tune w/ stan's hint (lando did say the would "close" while flying the falcon) than was han's line

GNT

Reaction score
I've moved the posts into a thread and have moved to the Saga Legends/Rebels section of the forum as it's in the rebels packaging.

Reaction score
With a bit of customizing, this looks like it could be spectacular! Star Destroyer next? Yes please!

Reaction score
The weird thing is why did they make the X-Wing the same size. This should have been the size it is and the X-Wing a lot smaller. The vehicle line has quite seriously turned into a train wreck. I can't even imagine kids being into a line with this degree of inconsistency.

Reaction score
I don't really get the marketing strategy behind those big hollow vehicles (X-Wing and now Falcon)? Very little play value besides actually flying tht gigantic vehicle from one room to another. Oh well, i guess that's gonna help save funds for recently or forthcoming annouced new lines.

Reaction score
I can't imagine kids wanting a ship that you can't open up and put pilots/passengers in...

Reaction score
So the rumored large vehicle was a new Falcon after all and a much duller one at that. My interest is about 2%, meaning I just want the radar dish since it looks to possibly be bigger than the underscaled one from the Legacy Falcon. So if anyone is planning on getting this to do a post attack on the Death Star 2 version of the Falcon and doesn't need the radar dish I will gladly take it off your hands. If not I will keep my fingers crossed Hasbro places a parts order for it on their website.Giant "Role Play" Millennium Falcon Coming This Fall! - YodasNews.com – Star Wars Action Figures, Collectibles, and Movies News
Looks like the quad cannon is much more accurate as well. If it has 2 cannons, and they and the dish can be interchanged with Legacy BMF, I'd bite if it's 30 dollars.

This could be swappers paradise.

Reaction score
Scratch that idea. Just saw where big X wing is running 45 dollars, a little steep for guns and dish. Hoping for those replacement parts, but I think even Hasbro will see beyond blowing that potential goldmine.

Let loose the swappers.

Reaction score
Sorry for triple post guys, but compared this to my BMF and it looks like the circumference has been thinned down making the whole ship more screen accurate, but it seems to have no landing gear meaning one cannon is a given.

This has warped my mind. Do I buy this and attach BMF landing gear? Buy it and transport dish and cannon? Go to a hypnotist and erase its existance from my memory?

My head hurts.

Reaction score
For someone who really enjoys customizing, it might be fun to open it up and build the interior from scratch if the price is right. Way beyond my abilities though. It might be nice to hang from the ceiling in a young kids Star Wars themed room too.

Reaction score
I have a feeling this will either be in the same $39.99 price range as the X-wing or just slightly more expensive at $49.99. Either way, that's still pretty damn cheap for what you're getting. It'll look great mounted on a wall!

Reaction score
Wall mounting is an excellent idea. I'm already finding the perfect spot in case this thing ends up looking good. My painting skils aren't great but I've found weathering isn't too hard and it could make this thing a winner.

Reaction score
Suprise! This item is for the kids, again the price point will be lower! Just for the record their will be some surprises! Sure hope the retailer retain the NEW Darth Vader Tie Fighter! Wampa, Snowspeeder, now that we're little closer to SDCC, they had a mock up of troop transport in ESB on the planet Hoth! Not sure if someone pick it up! Few new figures on the short list: Shasha Tiel, Imperial Gunner, Leia Ceremony, Twizzit, power droid, Yak face! More later! 6 inch figures. Luke hoth, Han hoth , Snowtrooper deluxe with tri pod!

Reaction score
Suprise! This item is for the kids, again the price point will be lower! Just for the record their will be some surprises! Sure hope the retailer retain the NEW Darth Vader Tie Fighter! Wampa, Snowspeeder, now that we're little closer to SDCC, they had a mock up of troop transport in ESB on the planet Hoth! Not sure if someone pick it up! Few new figures on the short list: Shasha Tiel, Imperial Gunner, Leia Ceremony, Twizzit, power droid, Yak face! More later! 6 inch figures. Luke hoth, Han hoth , Snowtrooper deluxe with tri pod!
Wow. Great report! 2 jabba aliens plus one cantina will make many happy. Can't wait to hear the others.

Reaction score
I just noticed that, for all the incredible detail on the top of this, half of the greeblies around the sides of the ship are printed stickers, NOT sculpted detail. These stickers also appear slightly off, colour wise, but well designed.

Reaction score
Or perhaps the product wasn't finished in time for the box art photographs, and they photoshopped the inset side details?

Reaction score
I can't imagine kids wanting a ship that you can't open up and put pilots/passengers in...
Presumably Hasbro is going to sell this in a different aisle and the packaging makes it painfully clear that no action figures can be used inside the vehicle. That way there will be no chance of generating a nasty feedback loop from kids discover they can't re-create movie adventures with their figures inside the vehicle, parents returning the product because of their upset kids, and retailers upset with Hasbro for the costs incurred from handling their angry customers and returning the product back to Hasbro.

There's zero chance this product will be an epic fail.

(excuse me, my tongue somehow fell off inside of my cheek)

Reaction score
Well I hope the kiddies enjoy it. If I was a kid again I'd want the first BMF that you can put figures in. But I was a weird kid I guess. ;-)

Reaction score
Eh... If it shelf warms long enough to be clearanced out for $19.99 or less I may pick one up. A little paint and weathering and it'd probably make a nice display piece.

Reaction score
Well I hope the kiddies enjoy it. If I was a kid again I'd want the first BMF that you can put figures in. But I was a weird kid I guess. ;-)
Look at the kid on Yodasnews.com. I doubt most kids could even pick it up, much less 'fly it around'.

I like how the Disney logo is right next to the Stormtrooper helmet. "Hi, we're Disney. And we're the face of EVIL!" Hasbro wisely put it's logo on the opposite corner :)

Reaction score
The box makes it extremely clear this is Ep V Falcon. If it does sell guess we'll see an Ep VII version with different paint app?

(And a super cool Ep VI battle-damaged version with no radar dish).

Reaction score
I assume this will come packaged in 3 main pieces (ship, 2 mandibles), how hard would it be for someone with a 3D printer to create a 5 or 6 ft version?

Or 20 ft version for 6 inch Han? (just kidding, on that one)

Reaction score
I assume this will come packaged in 3 main pieces (ship, 2 mandibles), how hard would it be for someone with a 3D printer to create a 5 or 6 ft version?

Or 20 ft version for 6 inch Han? (just kidding, on that one)
How hard... well, that depends on how you want to do it. 3D-scan that Falcon, and then print it? (Would not be very hard to do although I can't say how well a 3D scan would retain the greebles.)
Or rather model a Falcon from scratch, and print that instead - which you could already do, but it is a lot of work to create a finely detailed model (there are Falcon 3D models out there, but the needs for physical printing are somewhat different from those of a purely virtual model).

The biggest issue in 3D printing a large vessel would be that the printers have a size limit. The Falcon main rump would need to be printed in parts, and then assembled. A pure scan would need to be modified for that, creating latching parts.

The second biggest issue would be the price. The quality of home 3D printers is not all that great (yet); for detailed smooth work you'd need to go to a printing service that offers large format, fine-grain prints.

I was toying with the idea of doing a 1:12 X-Wing, which would be easier since it has more smooth surfaces... an accurate 1:18 6' Falcon would still be a different beast, and a 1:12 Falcon... well, it'd be only 9' so if you can pay for it you surely have the room to display it ;-)

Reaction score
Since I never bought the Legacy / TVC Millennium Falcon, this might be a cool toy to display hanging from the ceiling, surrounded by styrofoam Asteroids.
Or maybe it could be turned into an Action Fleet-scale custom (not sure whether this works)?

Reaction score
I have to question the logic in this and the X-wing release......

my 8 year old has owned both the Galactic Heroes and LEGO versions of these iconic SW ships.

Both of these versions had numerous play features and openings to fly your compatible figures around in.

Who at Hasbro greenlit these stupid,stupid,stupid toys???.(toys???)

Do they even actually QUALIFY as toys???.....I see these very similar to the non-transforming Transformers.....

That was a new unsurpassed level of stupidity......(the clue was in the name,dingus!!)

I showed the online pics to my boy....and he thought they were"dumb".

They obviously are,and if the target market thinks this,God help us all!!

Darren

Reaction score
So its literally a 2 foot plastic shell with the only play feature being the cockpit opens?

I'll buy a couple when they"re 40% off at Target.

Reaction score
I didn't see where the cockpit opens. In fact it looks like one of the black decals meant to be a 'window' is peeling off in one of the photos. I think the only play features are a rotating radar dish and movable laser cannon.

Reaction score
The play value of these things is simply the flying it around, and having a huge iconic ship replica. Worth $50? That's for individuals to decide. There are Star Wars toys that have tons of play features, like Transformers, that have never appealed to me aesthetically. This Falcon looks good. That's enough for some people. Hasbro does not always manage to make things look right.

I am wondering what the underside looks like, though. It must have something like the landing gear. It seems to sit properly on the table in front of the kid in the pics.

Reaction score
How hard... well, that depends on how you want to do it. 3D-scan that Falcon, and then print it? (Would not be very hard to do although I can't say how well a 3D scan would retain the greebles.)
Or rather model a Falcon from scratch, and print that instead - which you could already do, but it is a lot of work to create a finely detailed model (there are Falcon 3D models out there, but the needs for physical printing are somewhat different from those of a purely virtual model).

The biggest issue in 3D printing a large vessel would be that the printers have a size limit. The Falcon main rump would need to be printed in parts, and then assembled. A pure scan would need to be modified for that, creating latching parts.

The second biggest issue would be the price. The quality of home 3D printers is not all that great (yet); for detailed smooth work you'd need to go to a printing service that offers large format, fine-grain prints.

I was toying with the idea of doing a 1:12 X-Wing, which would be easier since it has more smooth surfaces... an accurate 1:18 6' Falcon would still be a different beast, and a 1:12 Falcon... well, it'd be only 9' so if you can pay for it you surely have the room to display it ;-)
Thanks for the info, Caas.

My original thought was finding a company with an industrial 3D printer that might be hired for the job, assuming licensing issues wouldn't scare them off.

DROIDWORLD, I wouldn't count on landing gear or bottom cannon. I think the box would have made mentioin of them. If I remember correctly, removing landing gear and lower falcon allowed the BMF to sit level.