Millennium Falcon collection focus.

Reaction score
OK, lately, my collection seems to have taken a turn towards Han Solo's iconic ship. I've put it off for a while as most of my big, cool and expensive Millennium Falcon models are still boxed up and not on display yet. As shall endeavour to start taking photos and posting on some of my other items though. I recently received a handmade mohogony model and a version made from scrap metal. I've posted photos on other threads and think they're pretty cool and unusual.

Anyway, i ordered these cufflinks from etsy.com the other day and should get them in the next few days.

Feel free to post some photos of your Falcon related merchandise.

PS, can someone pm me on how to post photos on the boards, as these links are a bit cumbersome? Thanks

Reaction score
Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff all in one place. Part of me thinks we should have a separate forum just for focus collection threads.

Reaction score
Cool. I have a Chewie focus that has gone into the Falcon focus also. 1. I love the design of the ship 2. And I always figured Chewie was more the pilot and mechanic of the Falcon then Han ever was.

austin

Reaction score
cpenafan said:
2. And I always figured Chewie was more the pilot and mechanic of the Falcon then Han ever was.

austin
Whoa, don't you remember from ESB, "no, no, no! This one goes there, that one goes there, right?"

Reaction score
Cool cpenafan,looking forward to seeing some associated photos.

I've just discovered e/bay and have found someone selling the Code 3 Millennium Falcon etched glass cube that was a limited run for a convention that was at the time. $13.99 plus postage and packing. I've ordered one, but can't pay on Paypal as he hasn't set up his shopfront properly. Watch this space.

Anyway, here's a photo.

The seller has 9 left. PM me if you want one and i'll send a link.

Reaction score
I've also ordered these reproduction blueprints. I have an old set of blue prints for the "Millennium Falcon Selayana class" that was out many years ago. (I'm led to believe that these are quite rare.)

These looked different enough to get and at $10.99 and $5 postage and packing it was a bargain.

Reaction score
Back in 1997 the Hamilton collection released a series of vehicles and vessels collectors plates. The Millennium Falcon was among them. (I have most of them, but for some reason i'm missing the Y-Wing, Death Star and Jabba's Sail Barge.)

Reaction score
Cool focus! I'm not a Falcon collector but I have this funny looking bootleg toy with engine and lights:

Reaction score
Thanks Sergiu. Colourful aren't they? I'm still waiting to hear from the vendor on the Code 3 Etched Cube, but my cufflinks and Blueprints are on the way.

How's the health?

Reaction score
I won this on e/bay last night. I've never seen this before and i don't know if we ever had this in the UK. It's quite nice in my opinion. Reminds me of meccano i used to play with as a child. 1063 pieces. It cost $20.50 and $65.50 to ship.

Reaction score
I want to see that F.Mint Falcon. Its not the same as that pewter falcon made by another company is it?

Troy

Reaction score
I think the other company was Rawcliffe pewter. I'm not sure of the size of their piece, but i think it's about 3 inches. (I still need to get one of those. I'll have a good look on e/bay next month.)

The Franklin Mint one is about 6 inches long with gold accent on the deflector dish and top cannon. I really like this one. I got it about 1995, way before i'd even heard of Code 3, MR, Icons et al. It's a real nostalgic piece for me. (There was a gold plated 20th anniversary variation that i need to track down too.) I shall try to post some photos next week.

Reaction score
OK, this e/bay thing has officially gone too far.

I'm currently bidding for this Puzz 3D puzzle of the Millennium Falcon. 837 pieces. I shall never finish it, i don't have the patience.

My cufflinks arrived this morning too. Superb.

Reaction score
Look at Yodasnews.com
Collections
and click Mike Demaine's collection

anyone know more about this doorsticker (docking bay 94).

Reaction score
LOL. Thanks Catch, you're supposed to encourage me, not put me off.
Clearly i have a long way to go.

If anyone wants to look at a serious collection of Millennium Falcon memorabelia, look there. It's pretty incredible.

Reaction score
The Code 3 Falcon. A lot of collectors don't rate it, but i love it. At the time it was $300 so it cost me about £230 including the case. Pretty reasonable IMO. The details not too shabby as you can see. I can imagine that you'd be able to pick these up quite cheaply now. Personally, i thought that it was a good effort.

[photo]142706[/photo] [photo]142705[/photo] [photo]142707[/photo] [photo]142708[/photo] [photo]142709[/photo]

Reaction score
OK, i won the Millennium Falcon 3D Puzzle, so that will be coming in the next few days.

Reaction score
Rodders said:
Cool cpenafan,looking forward to seeing some associated photos.

I've just discovered e/bay and have found someone selling the Code 3 Millennium Falcon etched glass cube that was a limited run for a convention that was at the time. $13.99 plus postage and packing. I've ordered one, but can't pay on Paypal as he hasn't set up his shopfront properly. Watch this space.

Anyway, here's a photo.

The seller has 9 left. PM me if you want one and i'll send a link.
I've just tried to pay for this again, and the vendor has changed the shipping details to Canada and the USA only. I'm pretty cheesed off as i was really looking forward to that.

Reaction score
Didn't you already win it? If so I don't think he can change the terms. But if you have problems maybe I can buy it on your behalf and send it to you.

Reaction score
It was one of those "buy it now" sales. I've mailed them, so i'll wait a couple of days to see what they say so i may take you up on that offer later icruise. Thanks.

I received an e/mail from them this evening. They say they do ship to the UK, but need to check. It's probably just an error.

Reaction score
troyig88 said:
I want to see that F.Mint Falcon. Its not the same as that pewter falcon made by another company is it?

Troy
Here's a couple troyig88.

Reaction score
My blueprints arrived this morning. Cool.

I suppose that i can expect a lot of Star Wars stuff through the post over the next week or so. A lot of Millennium Falcon goodies.

Reaction score
thanks, rodders. I wonder what the value of that is now. So, when I get ready to get one I will have some idea what to pay.

Reaction score
I'd say about $150 was a fair price. (I think that Gus and Duncan had them at $100 in their book.)

There was also a gold plated one that was released for the 20th anniversary. I need to get one of thes, but i've not seen them.

Reaction score
icruise said:
Didn't you already win it? If so I don't think he can change the terms. But if you have problems maybe I can buy it on your behalf and send it to you.
I just received notification that this has been mailed, so my panic has been annoyance (panic
) has been allayed somewhat. Thanks for the offer icruise.

Reaction score
My etched glass cube came yesterday. Very nice piece. A little smaller than i would've liked, but a nice piece well worth the price. As usual with the Code 3 stuff, it's quite beautifully packaged in a jewelry style black box.

Reaction score
Rodders said:
I won this on e/bay last night. I've never seen this before and i don't know if we ever had this in the UK. It's quite nice in my opinion. Reminds me of meccano i used to play with as a child. 1063 pieces. It cost $20.50 and $65.50 to ship.

[/QUOTE]
I bought this when it first came out and have yet to open it, they also made a x-wing as well, I know I paid probably close $40.00 when I bought it new.

Reaction score
i must admit jaklits that i'm looking forward to getting this. It came earlier in the week, but i wasn't in. I need to get them to redeliver to a different address.

I also got my 3D Puzz Millennium Falcon 3D jigsaw today. It looks pretty good and could be a great way to while away a few hours if you're into that kind of thing. I'm not going to count the pieces to make sure that they're all there.

Reaction score
OK, i should finally receive this on Tuesday.

On another note, i'm looking forward to hearing further news on the eFX Falcon.

Reaction score
I'm going to start a Millennium Falcon focus as soon as eFX gets their Precision Cast Falcon going...

whenever that will be

Reaction score
I finally took receipt of my Steeltac Millennium Falcon today. I must try to get the UCS Lego one too.

Warpedjedi has also posted a photo of a Millennium Falcon sled that looks very cool and a lot of fun. I must admit that after seeing Mike Demain's collection on the collections section of Yodasnews i'm finding this a little intimidating, as there's just so much stuff to get. Still, i'm determined to soldier on.

I recently started a new job and where i've been training is a small glass factory. I was thinking of asking if they'd be up for a Millennium Falcon commission. A hand made, spun/blown glass model would look incredible and it'd be the only one in the world. I don't know if i can afford such a thing though. I'll ask next week.

Reaction score
OK, i just bought the Lego Millennium Falcon Midi scale model from Tesco. Hmmm. Not cheap at £40.

Reaction score
C'Mon guys, i can't believe that i'm the only Scummer with any interest in the Millennium Falcon.

OK, I've just e/mailed a glass blowing company to see if they're able to make me a bespoke Millennium Falcon. I'm also hoping that acme Archives will release a Millennium Falcon Sketch Plate.

Reaction score
OK. I asked on Sunday and got a reply today.

The London Glass Blowing workshop agreed that it would be an interesing project to work on. However, because of the work that would be involved, the cost would be in the region of £5000.

Still, it would've been an amazing addition to my collection(Or anyones, for that matter) .

Reaction score
I bought this blueprint of the Millennium Falcon Landing gear in a frame off e/bay for $50. Should look nice on the wall. (I'm sure i have this at home somewhere. Wasn't there a pack of blueprints released back in the 80s that had this in it? I vaguely remember a bright red cover.)

Reaction score
Rodders said:
OK. I asked on Sunday and got a reply today.

The London Glass Blowing workshop agreed that it would be an interesing project to work on. However, because of the work that would be involved, the cost would be in the region of £5000.

Still, it would've been an amazing addition to my collection(Or anyones, for that matter) .
How big were you thinking it would be? And how exactly would you make a MF out of blown glass? Too bad it would be so expensive. And just imagine what would happen if you dropped it.

Reaction score
I would've thought about 12 to 18 inches. As for how they'd make it, i don't know. I was expecting (perhaps rather naively) about £500.

They did seem to be pretty keen though. They guy said that he's a pretty big SF Fan himself and it'd be a challenge.

Reaction score
Rodders said:
I would've thought about 12 to 18 inches. As for how they'd make it, i don't know. I was expecting (perhaps rather naively) about £500.

They did seem to be pretty keen though. They guy said that he's a pretty big SF Fan himself and it'd be a challenge.
Now you might have give him an idea, soon you might see these for sale on ebay

Reaction score
Looks like Finemolds are releasing an new Falcon in 1:144 scale

Finemolds Falcon

Great that it's the same scale as the J-Toys X Wing and Snowspeeder. You could even do a Hoth or Yavin Diorama!

Reaction score
I'll definately try to get one of those.

I recently applied for a job that would've given me a 16K payrise. I found out today that i didn't get it. The first thing on my mind was the fact that i wouldn't be able to hunt for the Attakus Millennium Falcon Dio.

Do i have a problem?