Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!!!!

Reaction score
Update:

Wave 1.5 (translucent) does not include translucent Black or Yellow rangers...

Wave 2 revision cases are scheduled to include Powered Up/Armor Green Ranger, then White Ranger later.

After initially passing on the translucent wave (twice), I picked up the males (still looking for Pink). I don't know, just something cool about painted, translucent figs...it makes no sense, but for a repaint wave its slightly more aesthetically interesting than a straight reissue with a silver dino flyer (those dino flyers look better in silver anyway). I also think these could become very hard to find soon with wave 2 hitting already, planned revisions to that assortment, Bandai gearing up for its 2011 line and many reports of retailers (some Targets, TRUs & Wal-marts) resetting without PR or dropping the line altogether.

Also caved and purchased the entire wave 2 asst...

Reaction score
ive been to walmart and target and havent seen these. where have you seen them? also, where are you from abouts?

Reaction score
I haven't personally seen wave 2 in stores yet, I got a pretty good deal online for my set...All Target, TRU & Wal-Mart stores near me are completely barren of PR basic figures (the most you'll find are mix-n-match figs or super-deformed minis...TRU just got the flying Megazords in, but that's all they have). This seems to be common everywhere. Target has nothing PR related anymore, which, along with Bandai's recent blog comments about wave 2 shipping to Wal-Mart, Meijer & TRU stores, would support the rumor that Target has dropped the line.

I only saw the clear/translucent figs at one Wal-Mart store. They were put on clearance with all other PR toys about a week later and were gone (???)...

I think wave 2 will be easier to find in a month's time, I just don't think you'll find them at Target. I haven't heard too many retail sightings yet, but what I have heard are sightings all over from the mid-west to the north east though.

Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't seen wave 1.5 (translucent) or 2 (powered-up) yet, I took a few pics...

Now all I'm looking for is Powered-Up Green Ranger & White Ranger. Speaking of which...here's a pic from Bandai's facebook showing factory samples. Hopefully these will make it into stores.

Reaction score
i REALLY want that white ranger!!! and tha zed looks nice, it basically looks like the other one but with more articulation. is he still really small compared to the rangers or is the new zed as tall as them cuz the multipack zed was a midget in comparison to the rangers.

harbringer, where did you find the new wave?? i have only seen remnants of it, those see through rangers at walmart but no zed.

also, is the zed figure just a repack of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Rangers-Super-legends-Lord-Zedd-Figure-/200515256443?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eafa4007b

they look exactly the same, are they the same scale?

Reaction score
Keaton33 said:
i REALLY want that white ranger!!! and tha zed looks nice, it basically looks like the other one but with more articulation. is he still really small compared to the rangers or is the new zed as tall as them cuz the multipack zed was a midget in comparison to the rangers.

harbringer, where did you find the new wave?? i have only seen remnants of it, those see through rangers at walmart but no zed.

also, is the zed figure just a repack of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Rangers-Super-legends-Lord-Zedd-Figure-/200515256443?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eafa4007b

they look exactly the same, are they the same scale?
The new shielded Ranger wave w/coins (& Zedd) is hitting now, mostly Wal-Mart sightings. I picked up my set online some time back.

The new Zedd is completely new, taller and more accurate to the 4" scale than the smaller mulitpack, limited-articulation Zedd...much improved. Also, he is not the same as the Super Legends Zedd in that link, that figure came out a few years ago and is 5" tall.

White Ranger and powered up Green have not been released as of yet.

Reaction score
well i got lucky a couple days ago at walmart and found the lord zedd. man this is SUCH a huge improvement over the original. he has just as much articulation as the rangers and hes defiently more intimidateing then the midget zedd from the 5 pack. the difference is huge, and im finally glad to have a propper lord zedd for the rangers to battle.
now they just gotta make rita and im good! heres a few pics i took.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reaction score
That new Zedd looks great. I bought all the rangers and the Megazord when they came out. I kept waiting for the shielded rangers and Zedd to show up somewhere but honestly I've kind of lost my interest in finding them. I do want the new Titanus but it's not a top priority for me unless they release a new Dragonzord.

Reaction score
i dont get the see through rangers or the "shielded" rangers. were those in the show or is it just for the toys? right now the only figure i want next is the white ranger.

Reaction score
Keaton33 said:
i dont get the see through rangers or the "shielded" rangers. were those in the show or is it just for the toys? right now the only figure i want next is the white ranger.
I know that there were episodes where the green ranger transferred his shield to the red and black rangers. I don't think the blue ranger ever wore it but I could be wrong. I agree with you about the transparent rangers, who knows what they were thinking with those.

Reaction score
all i have are the Pink and Yellow Rangers at the moment...looking for the White, Green and Lord Zedd.... plus when are we going to get a Rita figure ????

Reaction score
DarkArtist said:
all i have are the Pink and Yellow Rangers at the moment...looking for the White, Green and Lord Zedd.... plus when are we going to get a Rita figure ????
Honestly? It's doubtful we ever will. After teasing fans on facebook with Rita news for PowerMorphicon, Bandai reps at the con evaded questions with the same ol' "There's nothing planned for the 2010 line, but we never say never for 2011 or the future"...same response they give for Dragonzord and every other wishlist item fans throw at them.

Apparently one Bandai rep explained off-record at Morphicon that they'd LOVE to do a Rita figure and have wanted to for years, but its the higher ups at BoA that axe it every time, citing the belief she won't sell (remember, BoA's foremost target audience is always children...who don't even play with action figures anymore, but whatever...). This combined with the arrival of Saban's new Power Rangers Samurai just around the corner and the less than stellar performance of Mighty Morphin 2010 in stores...I've given up hope for ever seeing a Rita, etailer/con exclusive or otherwise.

Your best bet for a Rita Repulsa figure is still a 5" Starlight custom (which honestly only fits in with Legends scale wise, but is styled more like the vintage 5" villains and auto-morphin rangers). Mine was expensive, but she really completes a vintage MMPR display.

EDIT: Now w/pic!...

Reaction score
even if we dont get a rita, we've gotten virtually every other major character from the origina series, im happy at least we got goldar, the putty patrol and a sweet zedd. all i hope for is that we get the white ranger, which personally looks like its in the bag but we prolly wont get it till next wave.

Reaction score
For those who haven't seen, this is what Saban's Power Rangers will look like in 2011...

No word yet if MMPR or Legends will continue in any way, but you can expect Bandai's focus to be on Samurai.

Reaction score
ugh, that looks awful. only good power rangers were the classic ones from the 90's.

anyway, the white ranger is out now which i wasnt aware of till today. i actually saw one single PR figure in riteaid and it just happened to be the white ranger. what luck! just picked him up today and he is very well done. that should be it for me now with PR, unless they decide to make a rita replulsa or any other bad guys.

Reaction score
Found my second Lord Zedd and two Powered-Up Green Rangers today. Now all I need is another translucent Pink and two White Rangers (congrats on that find Keaton!)...

Reaction score
White Ranger is out?! When's the DragonZord coming out dang it?!

Reaction score
rnbuda said:
White Ranger is out?! When's the DragonZord coming out dang it?!
There will be no Dragonzord for MMPR. MMPR is done because BoA is hard at work soliciting their hideous Power Rangers Samurai merch for 2011. If you thought they fumbled their MMPR designs, well...

Reaction score
Spotted the last wave of MMPR at an airport terminal toy store no less (LAX) over the holidays...LOTS of Armored Up Green & Lord Zedds, as well as the usual Dragon Shield Red & Blue, and Pink w/mini morpher (black & yellow must be short packed or absent in some of these last case pack outs)...no White Rangers.

Also spotted those ugly little Samurai figs, entire 4" wave & Megazords hitting Wal-Mart.

Reaction score
I'm so mad. Finally decided to start picking these up and my Wal-Mart clearanced them out. Only got the Yellow Ranger and Goldar, but they were 2.85. Can't find any of the stuff anywhere. Except, anyone know about the figures showing up a Big Lots? I got the Ranger pack and a single packed Green Ranger, but they are like 5 POA and come with their weapons. There was also a Big Lots two-pack of the Tyrannosaur and Mastadon mini vehicles with those weird upgraded Rangers. But I hadn't seen these cheaper PRs, the singles were only 2.80 and the set was 10, but didn't know if anyone knew anything about them. They aren't listed on Bandai's main site or anything.

On the other hand I did pick up the entire first wave of the PR: Samurai 4 inch figures, and bought the Samurai Megazord.

Reaction score
So I am really hoping they release original versions of the Samurai Rangers. they are doing a 5 pack, but they are the 5 POA versions and those were really lackluster in the MMPR line. I found out today all the artiuclated Samurai Rangers are based on an American concept of the "Mega" suit which will be entirely American shot footage. It may end up being great, but for now I really want the basic versions of the Samurai Rangers with good articulation.

Reaction score
Ok, so...I'm eating my words a little bit. Upon seeing Bandai's interpretation of Saban's return to the Power Rangers universe in 2011 (and perhaps feeling MMPR had been abandoned without a Dragonzord or Rita), I was not a fan of the Samurai designs. Like some kind of jacked-up Shinkenger, Bandai's promo pics were completely confusing to me. But upon seeing the "Mega Rangers" in person, and reading that these powered-up costumes will appear in the American version, something swayed...and I picked up a few sets...

Sad to see MMPR go unfinished, but Samurai is probably the only other post MMPR series (other than Magi/Mystic Force) of which I've found the concept and character designs really interesting...Digging the kanji, the helmets, the weapons, the scale, the packaging, etc. all here - hopefully we'll see the main villain and a set of standard Samurai rangers in the next wave.

Reaction score
They have released a set of basic Samurai Rangers but they have like 5 POA and are a set of all 5. Really hoping for more waves with basic articulated Samurai Rangers and some more villians. I agree with you Harbinger, I'm really interested in seeing the series.
Now to wait for my package to arrive from Keaton33. Bought most of the MMPR 4 inch collection from him for a really great price.

Reaction score
Heck I hope they stop dumbing down the Megazords and give us a straight up repack of the Japanese toy.

No emblem modes? Pretty weak, Bandai..Pretty weak....

Reaction score
Agreed Atmo.
So I had a pretty bad thing happen tonight. Went to my parents house tonight to pick up some stuff, and found their new dog dragged out a piece from my original stash of MMPR figures from when I was a kid, and completely destroyed it, that piece being the Pterodactyl from the original Megazord. I was so ticked all night, since it would cost a lot to replace and I cannot now even find the new Bandai MMPR Megazord.

Reaction score
Sith_Dreamer said:
I was so ticked all night, since it would cost a lot to replace and I cannot now even find the new Bandai MMPR Megazord.
There's currently one on eBay BIN for 15 with a make an offer option...

Reaction score
Harbinger said:
Sith_Dreamer said:
I was so ticked all night, since it would cost a lot to replace and I cannot now even find the new Bandai MMPR Megazord.
There's currently one on eBay BIN for 15 with a make an offer option...
I'll go take a look, thanks!
I got my MMPR Rangers in today from Keaton and love them. I know the body proportions are weird, and the White Ranger has a pea-head compared to his body, but they are awesome. It's nice to have a Zedd figure that can actually be posed to fight my Rangers too instead of the old 4 POA from the original line.

Reaction score
Good news: They FINALLY made a Rita Repulsa Figure
Bad News: Her hands are the size of her head which has an undersized face.
Worse News: She's a chase figure

Reaction score
SO happy to hear Rita is FINALLY getting released!!

Not a perfect design by any means, but so much better than nothing at all. I feel like the MMPR 2010 line will finally be complete now.

Reaction score
Is this coming as part of the Samurai line? where are the picks for the new PR figures at?

Reaction score
Sith_Dreamer said:
Is this coming as part of the Samurai line? where are the picks for the new PR figures at?
Rita is shipping as a chase figure in an upcoming Samurai assortment, though it hasn't been confirmed if she will arrive in Samurai packaging, MMPR 2010 or some Legends-like cardback.

New Samurai product was shown at NYTF. MMPR 2010 is done, Rita withstanding.