Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!!!!

Reaction score
Is anyone else collecting this line? I bought the wal mart 5 pack just for lord zed. I've bought the individual figures for the ones not in the box set. The box set rangers suck and have 5 poa. The singles have a lot more and are better figures. Target carries the megazord and it is the coolest figure I've bought in a long time. It breaks down into 5 zords and can also turn into the tank. I'm 25 now and loves this show in 3rd grade. This is a great throwback. Now I need to watch my mmpr bootlegs.
Singles 5.86 only 9 figures
5 pack $15
megazord $20

Reaction score
Not getting any for Christmas in 2nd grade was a real heartbreak. I don't think I would be able to bring myself to hunt for these anymore this lifetime (got that disappointment out of the way at age 7 too). Are they just re-releasing those original first few lines? I usually skip past the Power Ranger stuff in the stores. Just not interested in them now.

...But on the plus side, I don't think the excitement fo getting a figure I want will ever match the happiness I felt when I got my first Power Ranger. It was the 8" Red Ranger and the 5" Red Ranger with the motorcycle.

Reaction score
I was thinking about grabbing the Green Ranger but I don't know. These look pretty dated next to the other toy lines on the pegs. I might get it anyways since they don't cost too much and the Green Ranger was my favorite. He'll look good next to the Super Legends Green and White Rangers and Super Legends Extreme Green Ranger. (whew!)

Ewok Slayer, they're showing the original MMPR series on ABC on Saturdays. But it depends on the affiliate in your area. They're not showing it here in mine. Was hoping to show it to my son, see if he'd like it.

Reaction score
They are 4" figures. New sculpts I'd assume.
They have
red
yellow
blue
black
pink
green
lord zed
goldar
alpha with zordon
putty patrol

Reaction score
Those are new sculpts. They actually look cooler than the original ones that were that scale. But that's the old Megazord. That thing was so much fun. I still have it stored somewhere. If you're gonna collect this line, pick that one up. It's a lot of fun even just putting all the zords together to form him. And if they put out the Dragonzord and Titanus... well, then it's a party.

That was what I liked about the old toys.. even though the Rangers were as tall as the zords, the villains were too. Didn't have two buy the same villain in two different scales.

Reaction score
I have all of the figures and the megazord. Maybe cost me $50-$60 for all of it.

Coloring said:
Those are new sculpts. They actually look cooler than the original ones that were that scale. But that's the old Megazord. That thing was so much fun. I still have it stored somewhere. If you're gonna collect this line, pick that one up. It's a lot of fun even just putting all the zords together to form him. And if they put out the Dragonzord and Titanus... well, then it's a party.

That was what I liked about the old toys.. even though the Rangers were as tall as the zords, the villains were too. Didn't have two buy the same villain in two different scales.

Reaction score
The new Megazord is a new sculpt and mold. Much smaller than the original but for $20?! You really can't beat that price for what you get! I love my new megazord and can't wait for the Dragonzord!

Reaction score
I hope it is a newer and improved Dragonzord. I really wasn't too impressed with the original one. I wanted one of those so bad when I was younger, but when I saw pics of it on ebay later, it didn't look too good.

Reaction score
Yeah, childhood toys rarely look as good as you remember them. I'll have to go and check out pics of the Dragonzord, but I remember thinking it was so cool back then. I got mine in a trade with a kid that had just moved into the apartment complex where we were living at the time, and when his mother found out she tried to come and take it back.

Reaction score
The new small figures look cheap and like something you'd get in the 90s. Not impressed sadly.

Reaction score
I picked up the Megazord the other day at target for only $19.99. MUCH better than the original one I had in the 90s. I really, really hope that they make the Dragonzord AND this,

Reaction score
Titanus? Was there ever an original release of that guy? I wonder if he was basically just a chariot with cannons and a head. If the toys remain successful I think it'd be a good possibility.

Reaction score
There was an original release of him. There was a panel on his back that opened up and MegaDragonzord could stand in. Titanus also had a chest panel that opened downward that Dragonzord's chest armor could snap into. And his tail snapped off and split in two and could be mounted to the sides to make those two canons.

Reaction score
Updated the male ranger heads on my loose MMPR collection today (switched out the heads with the new red, black, blue & green battalized dragon morphin figures), and I have to say, though the size difference is slight, they are a vast improvement. The male rangers no longer have tiny pea-sized heads! The new heads are much more in scale with their bodies, as well as the female ranger heads, and are more screen accurate. Bandai shoulda used these noggins in the first place.

It's a pricey update (nearly $50 for all 4 battalized dragon morphin rangers), but they look much better...and the neighbor's son loves the dragon morphin figures!

EDIT: Here's another pic from the web to show the size difference in the original 4" male ranger heads and the better-scaled battalized dragon morphin figures' heads...

Reaction score
I look at these everytime I'm in Wal Mart. I don't know if I want to start collecting them or not. I like Alpha with the Zordon Head. If they release the White Tiger, and Red Dragon Thunderzords, I may not be able to resist.

I would like to see the Rangers with removable helmets. Also the Rangers in their normal clothes. While they're at it, Bulk and Skull.

GNT

Reaction score
Keaton33 said:
i was strolling through thr toy section of walmart when i was shocked to see they had toys and action figures from the OIRGINAL, yes, original 90's TV series, the very first power ranger show with the yellow, pink, blue, black and red rangers, and the green ranger too. they had figures of the grey putty henchman, that winged monster guy with the golden armor, the little robot with zordon face, and even that big robot the PR's always morphed into at the end! it was a pleasnt surprise to be sure, but i was really kinda happy to see these! i used to have the figures that flipped the heads back and forth as a kid. has anyone seen these? they looked cool.

Reaction score
also, does ANYONE know if this show is out on DVD yet? like seasons? i'd love to see it again.

Reaction score
No, unfortunately. But they're showing remastered reruns of it on ABC on Saturdays. It's not showing in my area, but hopefully this will lead to a DVD release.

Reaction score
I only grabbed the rangers themselves, the other figs were disapointing (read lacking articulation) so they were and easy pass. But i love the range of motion on the single packed ones.

Reaction score
im really surprised to see these, its like seeing the jurassic park line just reappear out of nowhere. i mean this is from a show that came out almost 20 years ago (cant believe its been that long!). plus they had like 1000000 differenr TV power ranger TV shows which were just stupid since everyone knows the original series from the early 90's is the only one. so why would they make new figures from such an old show? i mean im happy to see PR's getting some love but it is kinda odd.

Reaction score
well last night i went to walmart, was passing by the toy section and saw these. ive been eyeing them for quite a while now since i saw them about a month ago. i have real fond memories of watching this show as a kid, haveing like all the action figures. when i saw these new ones in stores that were based off the ORIGINAL show, i was like man that is so awsome. for years now they've only been making PR figs based off one of those zillion idiotic spinoff stuff. but everyone knows that the real power rangers are the OIRIGINAL early to mid 90's guys. these new figures looked great, and they are updated with really awsome articulation, and there weapons are accurate and EXACTLY how i remember them! they each had there own indivual weapons. the guns i dont remember exactly but that was a cool idea to have it attach to there sides. they even made the putty guy who looks exactly like i remembered them! those putt fiends that were always attacking the power rangers lol. and goldar looks awsome. alpha 5 with the zordon head is just plain awsome and unexpected!

anyway, walmart for once had ALL 6 of the rangers, which is cool cuz ussually they only have like 2 or 3 of them at one time. but this time they were all there, so i was like really deciding if i should get this cuz it would take up the last of my B-day cash, and eventually i just said screw it, i obviously want these. as corny as it may be, i really am happy i got these. they are fun and colorful on the shelf and certainly harken me back to a more simpler time in my life, i used to love this show and i wish they would release DVD's of it in the US. anyway, here they are, all 6 of them! now i just need the other 3 figs. damn, i never in a million years thought i'd be buying power rangers again, but here they are!

URL=http://img84.imageshack.us/i/imga0937.jpg/]
[/URL]

also, is lord zed single packed or just available in that walmart 5 pack? i havent seen the walmart set, is it still available?

also, what are the chances we will see any more figures in this line? i'd love a rita or the other monsters, and certainly a white ranger! they gotta make a white ranger.

Reaction score
also, just found out at toyfair that they will in fact be making the dragon zord vehicle and we're getting a white ranger! heres a pic, its small though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

unfortuanly i saw no new villians.

Reaction score
trust me, other then the original show, im not a big PR fan either. i just happen to see figures from the original show and was like whoa thats pretty neat. if i can at least get all the rangers and villians thats good enough for me. im glad we're getting the white ranger though, that should round it off pretty much.

Reaction score
Apparently wave 2 (or 1.5, depending on who you ask) is sprinkling into stores (Texas so far), consisting of wave 1 Rangers cast in translucent plastic (Green, Blue & Pink have been spotted) with silver dino-flyers. Yah, I don't get it either.

It seems most retailers are clearancing out MMPR. I don't know if this is a bad thing though, they could simply be making room for Fall product (most/all Star Wars has been on sale or clearanced for weeks) The Megazord & 4" figures have always sold well in my area (except Goldar). The only stuff you ever see on pegs at any given store are the 2" super deformed figs, 4" Goldar, tiny role-play items and lots of gimmicky crap that never appeared on the show (battalized rangers, crazy bikes, etc.).

It'll be interesting to see if White Ranger 1 & 2, Dragon Shield Red, Black & Blue, and single-carded Lord Zedd even make it into stores (not to mention those hideous monstrosities fans have affectionately coined 'shoulder rotor ***** rangers'). Or Titanus. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but it looks even less likely now for the 2011 Dragonzord and the much-hinted-at Rita Repulsa (teased thru Bandai's facebook post 'after 10,000 years she will finally be free').

Reaction score
these were shown at toyfair so im pretty sure we will see these in stores. they wouldnt go through all the trouble of making and showing off the dragonzord just to not release it. im not sure how this line sold but the regular figures seem to be doing great as i never see all the rangers there, mostly just goldars and such. and gawd i really hope we get a rita repusive! that would be awsome! i wondered why they made zed and goldar but not rita! she was the original villianous of the show.

however, today i finally picked up the alpha with zordon figure (yep, filled the zordon with water for that weird TV show effect lol!) along with the TRU 5 pack with lord zed figure. never thought we'd get alpha 5 and a freakin zordon figure! i also needed another green ranger dagger cuz i lost the other one, luckily it came with the 5 pack. im finally caught up with all the power rangers figures. i seriously never thought i'd be into these, but i really like them! im still debateing whether i will get the mega zord, but it does look cool. and i also just had to get the MMPR:the movie on dvd just because if i cant get the TV show on DVD, then the movie will have to do! i remember seeing it in theaters as a kid and being scared of ivan ooze lol now imm gonna relive it tonight haha. i feel like a kid again! cant wait for the white ranger though!

Reaction score
Keaton33 said:
these were shown at toyfair so im pretty sure we will see these in stores. they wouldnt go through all the trouble of making and showing off the dragonzord just to not release it.
Sadly you'd be surprised how often this happens. Let us not forget the McFarlane line of South Park figures.

Reaction score
Ewok_Slayer said:
Is anyone else collecting this line? I bought the wal mart 5 pack just for lord zed. I've bought the individual figures for the ones not in the box set. The box set rangers suck and have 5 poa. The singles have a lot more and are better figures. Target carries the megazord and it is the coolest figure I've bought in a long time. It breaks down into 5 zords and can also turn into the tank. I'm 25 now and loves this show in 3rd grade. This is a great throwback. Now I need to watch my mmpr bootlegs.
Singles 5.86 only 9 figures
5 pack $15
megazord $20
I picked up both the Pink and Yellow Rangers as well as a Putty. thinking of trying to customize the Pink Ranger (maybe an un-helmeted version).

had a huge crush on Amy Jo Johnson...

Reaction score
bonoferox said:
Keaton33 said:
these were shown at toyfair so im pretty sure we will see these in stores. they wouldnt go through all the trouble of making and showing off the dragonzord just to not release it.
Sadly you'd be surprised how often this happens...
Too true, unfortunately figures are shown at toy/comic shows all the time, which never see the light of day at retail. Also, the Dragonzord was mentioned as planned for 2011 at ToyFair, it was not present at the show.

Reaction score
well if you look online you will find photo's of the dragonzord as well as other figure from the line. not sure what show it was shown at though, thought it was toyfair.

Reaction score
well if you look online you will find photo's of the dragonzord as well as other figure from the line. not sure what show it was shown at though, thought it was toyfair.

Reaction score
Keaton33 said:
...Link? Where are you seeing pics of a new Dragonzord? Bandai has not revealed a proto for a new Dragonzord for 2011 release at any con, show or media outlet unfortunately, and no credible photos have surfaced from any other source. There is no evidence that any zord beyond Titanus has been tooled for future release (this was shown at ToyFair as a playset for the hideous mix-n-match line, but is also in scale with the new Megazord).

A Dragonzord was not planned for 2010, and unless one slips in under the raider for Christmas it's not going to happen this year, if at all next.

Reaction score
ooooh im thinking of titanius, not dragonzord. sorry! thats what i saw, along with the white ranger and other figures.

Reaction score
ooooh im thinking of titanius, not dragonzord. sorry! thats what i saw, along with the white ranger and other figures.

Reaction score
so far this is my line of PR figures

i got that set that came with lord zed but hes pretty small compared to the other figures. defiently sad with his scale. but otherwise i really like this line, very colorful and its from my childhood so i cant complain at all.

Reaction score
The new fully articulated single-carded Zedd is showing up alongside wave 2 now.

Reaction score
ohman, i didnt know they were releaseing a fully articulated zed. aaah that sucks that i bought the other. i havent seen any new PR stuff in a while.

Reaction score
Keaton33 said:
ohman, i didnt know they were releaseing a fully articulated zed. aaah that sucks that i bought the other. i havent seen any new PR stuff in a while.
The translucent rangers (wave 1.5?) with silver dino flyers are showing up around here. I've only seen Red, Blue, Pink & Green. Not sure if Black & Yellow are in that asst...

Wave 2 figures with Dino power coins are also starting to pop up around the country. Wave 2 includes Dragon shield Red, DS Black & DS Blue (even though Blue never wore the dragon shield)...reissue Pink & Yellow w/power coin morpher/spinners and the new fully-articulated Lord Zedd. I thought this wave was supposed to have Green Ranger w/new armor & White Ranger as well, but I haven't seen any confirmation of this yet (other than the pic of armored-up Green on back of packaging). Perhaps these 2 will be rotated into revision cases later?...I just don't see MMPR lasting much longer with Bandai's 2011 Ranger line typically showing up just before Christmas. And most retailers have clearanced out the remainder of MMPR merch (I picked up a Putty for $1.97 at Target
).

Also - Titanus is out and available for order on Amazon! It comes with some stupid Mix&Match gimmicks, but is in scale and usable with Megazord.