Midnight Madness

Reaction score
Is anybody going? The Clive, Davenport and Cedar Rapids TRUs are hosting it.

Reaction score
I'll be going to Salem WM first, and if I can't find evrything I want there, I'll be hauling butt over to MT Vernon's WM. If I can't find the BMF and AT-TE there at midnight, I may run over to Carlyle and Centralia WM's at 7:00 when they open. But I seriously hope it dosen't end up like Indy day did. Me hafing to go to Fairveiw Heights just get what should of been out that day.

Reaction score
Ill probably go...they are hosting here in Bloomington as well...I do have a couple of stupid questions though...what is the exact date...and what day of the week is it...

...really...I have no idea...

...are the walmarts doing anything or just TRU...

Reaction score
TIE_Pilot23 said:
Ill probably go...they are hosting here in Bloomington as well...I do have a couple of stupid questions though...what is the exact date...and what day of the week is it...

...really...I have no idea...

...are the walmarts doing anything or just TRU...
It will be on Friday night at midnight, so you should line up at Tru at 11.30 pm on Friday and then they will let us in at 12:00 am, I dont know if Wal-Mart is doing anything, the way our Wal-Mart is, it is really hard to say if they will even put them out that night.

I will be going to the TRU in Bloomington to pick up somethings.

Reaction score
Thats a good question if WM's will be actualy having a midnight madness or anything. My WM dosen't even open till 7:00, but still, I want to go at midnight just for the fun of it. (to the other two WM's that is.) I realy realy realy hope I can just go to one WM, and either they have both the BMF and AT-TE out, or they'll go get them from the back for me. I don't think they'll do either, but still, I guess I should hope, hu?

Reaction score
I still have not decided where I am going on July 25th, I am torn between Toys R Us and Wal-Mart. I know that Tru will have everything, but it is more expensive, where Wal-Mart may not have anything at all. Is there anyone on here that is going to a particular place besides me and Tie(not sure if he is going)?

Reaction score
I'm going! I'll be at TRU at 11:30 to get everything I want there. THen I'm gonna head to Walmart to pick up the A-Wing. It just makes sense to do it that way since WM is open 24hrs.

Reaction score
Im gonna be at the Bloomington MM as well.See everyone there and maybe ill get to meet some of ya!

Reaction score
Yes...I will be at our local TRU...we could hook up at hooters or ride the 9 or something like that to have a drink or two and compare wish lists before we go...

Im not sure what Im even looking for...could someone post a link or a list of what is supposed to be available Friday night...

Welcome tikkes...how will we recognize you...I have personally met everyone else that should be there...

Reaction score
Good plan, I may need a bit of liquid courage to ease my mind of the spending I'm gonna do.

Here's my list so far

ATTE
Yarna
Ewoks
A-Wing
Homing Spider Droid
Bane Malor
Chewbacca
+others I maybe can't think of right now.

Reaction score
TIE_Pilot23 said:
Yes...I will be at our local TRU...we could hook up at hooters or ride the 9 or something like that to have a drink or two and compare wish lists before we go...

Im not sure what Im even looking for...could someone post a link or a list of what is supposed to be available Friday night...

Welcome tikkes...how will we recognize you...I have personally met everyone else that should be there...
Im gonna be wearing my Max Rebo Band shirt and i have a long ponytail...

Reaction score
Well only three days left. What time do we want to meet and where do we want to meet before we head to TRU?

Here is my list

Padme evolutions
rebel pilots 1
rebel pilots 2
wave 2 legacy
at te
spider droid
torrent

I think that is it, I have wave 1 already, my brother picked it up for me at a Target where he lives.

Reaction score
FRAK!!!! Salem WM isn't going to have MM! Sssssoooo, I guess I'll change directions, go to Mt Vernon first, then Benton.....Marion WM...TRU.....C'Dale WM.....Frak.
It REALY sucks because I'll be super busy Friday night, and I hafe to frakkin' wake up early to work at a friggen church for an anniversary party, then serve drinks for a few hours.
So now I'm nervous about it. Wasn't realy before, because I had expected to go to Salem WM and get evrything there....but Mt. Vernon dosen't seem to promising either....Thats a preety long trip to be starting and stopping over and over again, then trekking back home, sleeping a bit, and waking up to do something you don't want to do.
Not to mention I want to take pics. of my stuff.

....Aprox. 2 or 3 hours of sleep that night to get ready to do something I have no desire to do.

Reaction score
DUDE This is going on tonight!!! Im gonna get some sleep cuz i got some work to do tomorrow and then get my new figures! See you in Bloomington guys.Look for a guy with a max rebo band shirt and long hair...

Reaction score
Mr. Fetus, is it weird I had to google something I said once?
LOL....I seriously don't remember saying that!

I've decided to go to Mt Vernon, then Benton, and mabey Marion. I'm pulling for Mt. Vernon right about now, because I've talked with the stock room guys at Centralia WM, and they absoutly don't think they have anything in the back room.
I'm gonna say they're wrong, but then again, it is Centralia WM.

Reaction score
jodo said:
Mr. Fetus, is it weird I had to google something I said once?
LOL....I seriously don't remember saying that!
Nope not weird at all.

Woman working in toys at the Marion, IA Wal-Mart told me that the toys weren't coming out till Midnight tonight. When asked if they were actually going to be put out tonight she said she didn't know..."It's up the the night crew."

Still not sure if I'm gonna try and go out for any of the fan madness.

Reaction score
Aside from being able to get your toys at the earliest possible moment, is there any other benefits of going to TRU for midnight madness? Are they giving out an exclusive figure or anything of that nature? Something going on in CR at the TRU worth noting?

I figure I could just wait and get in line at Target in Coralville tomorrow morning before 8:00 since they have signs up and down their toy aisles about July 26th, get my BMF and get out of there rather than head to CR tonight.

Reaction score
boba_fetus said:
Nope not weird at all.
lol, phew!

I'm sorta reluctant to rely on WM's now, I don't know what to do now.
I thought mabey about going to Marion TRU, they're a deffinite MM location, but its an hour and 15 mins away, plus the time to get there to stand in line.
Mabey I'll pass Mt Vernon, pass Benton WM, and go to Marion. And then hit Benton and Mt Vernon on the way back.

Or mabey I'll hit Benton, then Marion, then Mt Vernon.
Frakkin' Salem WM should have the stuff out, its in the backroom right now.

Reaction score
I have to work at six tomorrow morning so hopefully I'll be sleeping comfortably by midnight. I am thinking about stopping at Ankeny Wal-Mart on my way to work in the morning but I don't know if I actually trust them to have any of the new stuff out yet. They never did put out any of the Droid 2-packs as far as I can tell. All I'm really interested in picking up right now is one of the First day of issue figures, though I'll probably end up picking up another figure or two once I find them. I'm trying to collect light this time around.

Reaction score
Darth_Cain said:
Aside from being able to get your toys at the earliest possible moment, is there any other benefits of going to TRU for midnight madness? Are they giving out an exclusive figure or anything of that nature? Something going on in CR at the TRU worth noting?
Nothing that I'm aware of.

Darth_Cain said:
I figure I could just wait and get in line at Target in Coralville tomorrow morning before 8:00 since they have signs up and down their toy aisles about July 26th, get my BMF and get out of there rather than head to CR tonight.
Hangin' with the Hot Wheels guys, waitin' to get into Target. Always a solid plan. If I do anything, this is it. Target on Blairs Ferry is only a few minutes from home.

Reaction score
I think TRU is going to have the exclusive Holo Grevious Clone Wars animated figure. Free with $30 purchase if I remember right. I'm not sure at all about Walmart's exclusive. They have an A-Wing exclusive at some point, but I'm not sure if it is tonight or not.

Corman

Reaction score
Went to Centralia WM, and talked to my cousin, Centralia WM is officialy going to have the basic figures, $20 vehicles, and the comic packs, but theres no sign of the BMF, or AT-TE.
They also won't be open till 7:00, so if all else fails, I'll get up early and check there too. They did have two spots open for islands, but I wouldn't think that such a small WM would get a island. But they had like 20 or so pegs for basic figures, and had moved the TAC figures down to a seperate section of the isle.

Reaction score
terd...you still up for a pint before the "madness"...anyone else?...See you dorks in the witching hour ...

I hear they are putting the new SW stuff over in the back of the kids clothing section...

Reaction score
TIE_Pilot23 said:
terd...you still up for a pint before the "madness"...anyone else?...See you dorks in the witching hour ...

I hear they are putting the new SW stuff over in the back of the kids clothing section...

Thanks for the heads up.....WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Reaction score
TIE_Pilot23 said:

yes, just let me know where and I'll go, it's still early. I'll Pm you my phone number, remember, it takes me 1/2 hour to get there.

Reaction score
Well Im home. Got a BMF and a set of new legacy figs. Was a bit disapointed. I was the only guy at altoona walmart after a BMF. Or at least the first person to grab one.

Hope everyone got waht they wanted.

Oh my aching credit card! In the last month I've gotten an Argonauts Millennium Falcon, SS han and Luke and today got Ayla Secura!

Reaction score
I am home as well. Went to TRU in CR. Got my BMF Falcon for ten bucks more than at Wal-mart but I refused to buy it there after an incident a couple weeks ago. Also picked up the TRU exclusive B-Wing and the Torrent Fighter.

I didn't think TRU had many figures out....I didn't buy any but it seemed like there wasn't many. TPM Midnight Madness they were running to the back and coming out with boxes of figures. This was much more tame.

Do I sleep or open the Falcon? I guess I will get all the sleep I need when I am dead.

Reaction score
Had to get my swag from the Allen Rd Wal-Mart. The East Peoria Wal-Mart had nothing out and the stockers disappeared for break so I left there after 12:00.

Allen Rd Wal-Mart was ready for the rush. They had plenty of everything. I picked up the BMF, AT-TE, Homing Droid and 6 figures. I only saw 1 other person buy a BMF, but there were a few people buying the AT-TE.

Reaction score
Didn't head out last night but I did hit Target on my way into the office this morning.

Aside from the one Hot Wheels guy I saw with multiple of the Target Xclusive clone commander, everything was calm and undisturbed. However, there was no BMF that I could see and I couldn't find an R2 with the 1st Day sticker.

Reaction score
I decided, considering I had decided about 40 times, on what to do.....To go to Benton first, and I'd hit there early. I left at about 10:25, got to Benton WM at about 11:10, and waited there for 50 mins for the stuff to be brought out, but I had to sweet talk "Bob the Bald Guy", AKA, Bob the Builder. Then get past a manager, who automaticaly had it out for me.
Bob was sorta less than friendly about it at first, but after a while, he loosened up.

I was told to ask for him, and when I did, he wanted to check the pallots first. I told him I knew that they had islands sence Medic has seen them, and the WM employees had talked about it. He said he knew they where proboly back there, but wouldn't bring them out to midnight, which I was totaly ok with. Midnight madness, ya know? Well the woman manager turns around and says sorta sharp "I'll get it out, and it'll go right there." I hadn't relised I had done anything to require such a sharp comment, enspecialy after I was told to go stand at the other end of the toy section.

So I stood down at the other end, and after a few mins., I started talking with a woman and her daughter about MM, and she was preety cool. Turns out she was there for her son, and that he knew exactly what he wanted and stuff. They were realy fun to talk to, and had a preety wide know how of SW. A woman working Sporting Goods called me down to her, and asked me if Bob had ever came back, I told her no, and she said ok. Then you hear "BOB, COME TO TOYS." over the PA. :doh I ran up to her and told her se didn't need to page him, the stuff didn't come out till midnight, the lady said she was sorry, but she didn't cancel the call either. He never did come, but the woman manager did. "SIR. I told you already, we're NOT bringing it out till Midnight...You understand that?"
Stupid Sporting goods lady.

After like 10 mins. past midnight, Bob brought out the first island, the Basic figures island. The lady went for the animated stuff first, but I went to the realistic side (lol) of the island and started grabbing what I wanted in a mild manner, as she did the same, we talked a bit, and then she got messed up and had like tripples and double of Yarna,etc. They only had two Ak-Rev's, and she had both, but relised it, and gave me the other.

Bob stood around and talked for a second after that, I told him about the BMF, and AT-TE, and he said he's look for sure, but didn't think he had any big items aside from the Voice Changer, and $20 vehicles. He brought the second island out, the vehicle, VC one, and there was a TON of empty places on the island. They only had 3 V-19's, so between me and the lady, there was only one left. TONS of repacked vehicles. Sorta odd if you aske me.

Then Bob told us that they had aboustly no BMF, or AT-TE's. The meanie manager came over to us, acting extremly nice, asking if she could call Marion and Mt Vernon, she did, and she told us Marion had quite a few, but Mt Vernon had just a couple, and there where people still lined up at 12:30 to get them. WHILE IT WAS RAINING. It was raining realy hard right before we left, so hopefully they let the people in or something, or had the line inside,etc. She didn't like they where indoors.

So I told the nice lady and her daughter, and left for marion at like 12:35. Got there about 1:00, and as we pulled up, Han Solo ran into Marion WM. :lol I got out sorta ran/skipped/jumped/rode a cart to toys, and it was like frakkin' heaven. 4 islands. 12 Falcons. 1 Han Solo. I grabbed a BMF, and an AT-TE, and after I knew I wouldn't bother the Han Solo guy, I walked over to him and asked him if he was in the Rebel Legion. He told me no, but that him, and his friend, and his wife we're with the Illinois fan force, so I talked to them for about 20 mins or so, got his card,etc. I hadn't ever heard of them, theres I guess like 30+ members or so.

Right when I went to leave, the Benton lady walked to the BMFs, grabbed one, checked it out a little bit, and then grabbed a SECOND one, LOL. I sorta laughed and ran over to her and said "Two? TWO?!? TWO ?!?" She laughed and said yes, and then proceded to grab an AT-TE, and a arm full of the repacked figures that Benton didn't have.

So I got evrything I wanted to, plus some. At Benton, I scored the V-19, 3 Scuba Clones, the Quad Canon guy, Ak-Rev (Who thanks to Bob, found out he's got Commander Gree on the back of his card...so...) Fat Chick, Obi-Wan in Clone stuff, Saesee Tinn in clone gear, Animated Rex and a basic clone.

Then over at Marion WM, got the BMF, and an AT-TE.

Reaction score
I had alot of fun at midnight madness last night. I was cool getting to chat with alot of you again, or for the 1st time. Tikkes, you never showed up at WalMart after TRU and they had a few extra quarrens? YOu should go back and see if they're still there. In the end I went about $150 over my budget, but groceries are overrated anyways!

Reaction score
Today was Great!!!

Commander Rex came in the mail.
Picked up an AT-TE, BMF, Spider Driod, all evolution packs, all Clone Trooper types (Scuba is very cool), Lego Republic Gunship, and two clone helmets for our boys! They look really cool with them on.

It has been a while since I have been excited about finding Star Wars stuff. But today really felt good…………….until I got to the register and had to pay for it all.

I hope everyone got what they were looking for, it seemed like this time there was plenty of everything for everyone.

Reaction score
I couldn't beleive how much my tax came to realy, I spent an additional $50 some dollars more than I had expected.

Reaction score
I guess I found everything I was looking for...since I didnt really even know what I was looking for...

It was cool seeing Terd and tikkes at TRU...Terd Im sorry...I got your PM today...The Battery on my laptop died shortly after I made my last post Friday...And I never went back online before I left...I was actually suprised to see so many people at TRU...

...I was kinda ticked that the cartoon style Ventress and Dooku were not out yet...I had a friend of mine/local collector grab a Target exclusive commander Fox for me yesterday morning...he said they only had about 12 on the pegs...

I think Im going to wait to get the BMF when it goes on sale...I dont think there are alot of parents out there that are going to drop $150+ on this thing as an impulse buy...

Reaction score
One question for you guys....Am I the only one who got a Gree cardback on their Ak-Rev figure?
:

The only reason I relised it was because Bob who works in Benton IL's toy dept. picked it out of my cart and asked who it was, I told him "He was the guy, behind the guy, next to the drum, in that shadow."
He sorta laughed, and said, "Oh, is he like a troop commander or something?"

Reaction score
I didn't make it to any Midnight Madness stuff but on the way into work Saturday morning about 5:30 I stopped by Ankeny Wal-Mart and they seemed to have plenty of the figures and even some Falcons. I was pretty excited because I didn't really trust them to actually put that stuff out when they were supposed to.