Micro Machines (2015+)

Reaction score
Also, does anybody know if there are 3 versions of the T-16 Skyhopper?

I only recently found out about the smaller version from the Slave 1 playset. And managed to order one from France; but during my research I came across a curious smaller version with really long wings?

Below picture number 1 has the regular T-16 on the right hand side

Picture number 2 has the smaller T-16 that has a bigger cockpit window painted on, and gun tips to the wings, and a gun mounded at the front of the white base as well as other minor differences.

In picture number 1 there is an intriguing smaller ship that has double the wing length of the other small T-16 and seems to be a different mould altogether, anyone have any details?

Attachments

• 224763639_4584203618258931_9082125371146167040_n.jpg
    224763639_4584203618258931_9082125371146167040_n.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 23
  • sky hopper 2.jpg
    sky hopper 2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Also, does anybody know if there are 3 versions of the T-16 Skyhopper?

I only recently found out about the smaller version from the Slave 1 playset. And managed to order one from France; but during my research I came across a curious smaller version with really long wings?

Below picture number 1 has the regular T-16 on the right hand side

Picture number 2 has the smaller T-16 that has a bigger cockpit window painted on, and gun tips to the wings, and a gun mounded at the front of the white base as well as other minor differences.

In picture number 1 there is an intriguing smaller ship that has double the wing length of the other small T-16 and seems to be a different mould altogether, anyone have any details?

Looks like the model that came with a Luke figure, with the stand removed:

Reaction score
Good catch !

Speaking of Hasbro figures, there's a variant of the MicroMachines X-Wing fighter with "Red One" markings that came with the Jorg Sacul 3.75" action figure.

Reaction score
That's the first time I hear about that possible variation, but a quick search on ebay shows some auctions with a Han figure that is indeed brown. Apparently, the boxes with figures on the orange background have the brown figure, while the ones with blue background and grid on top (thus earlier version) have the black/dark blue one.

It's a nice little nod to the never ending blue/brown debate !
Yes I only noticed it the other day when I was sorting out the doubles from my Dad's collection so I can sell them for him. :) I wonder what others there might be, has me really looking closely at everything now lol

Reaction score
Looks like the model that came with a Luke figure, with the stand removed:

Aaah awesome I have that one, so my OCD can rest on that one at least xD haha I wasn't really bothered about variants before, but then when I randomly got a load of them in some lots, I started trying to get them.

Good catch !

Speaking of Hasbro figures, there's a variant of the MicroMachines X-Wing fighter with "Red One" markings that came with the Jorg Sacul 3.75" action figure.

Noooooooooo!!!!! xD bladdy Hasbro (shakes fist at sky) I had a look on ebay and they go for quite a bit, although saw that a couple went for not much. So will have to keep my eyes open.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Other variants include:
- the Millennium Falcon, with blue or white engines
- Tantive IV, Jabba's Sail Barge, Vader's TIE Fighter, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, X-Wing from the playsets, which can have different paint jobs or be slightly different molds than the ones from the vehicle 3-packs.
- Star Destroyer with blue or white engines (variant in the Epic Collection).

Reaction score
The variants weren't limited to Star Wars either, I've been sifting through my Star Trek lot purchase, and I'm noticing deco variants on a number of those. I think there were some changes based on whether the ship was in a 3-pack or the large collector multipacks. This tends to happen if the production runs were at different times, or even varying locations. I'm not sure if Galoob had multiple factories, but I know Hasbro does. I believe there was actually a site that covered the variants - is it still around?

Reaction score
Other variants include:
- the Millennium Falcon, with blue or white engines
- Tantive IV, Jabba's Sail Barge, Vader's TIE Fighter, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, X-Wing from the playsets, which can have different paint jobs or be slightly different molds than the ones from the vehicle 3-packs.
- Star Destroyer with blue or white engines (variant in the Epic Collection).
Thank you, I have those :-D and thank you for all the info, it's much appreciated!! At some point I will double check my ships, as I think there might be a few others.

The variants weren't limited to Star Wars either, I've been sifting through my Star Trek lot purchase, and I'm noticing deco variants on a number of those. I think there were some changes based on whether the ship was in a 3-pack or the large collector multipacks. This tends to happen if the production runs were at different times, or even varying locations. I'm not sure if Galoob had multiple factories, but I know Hasbro does. I believe there was actually a site that covered the variants - is it still around?
I can imagine, and maybe it was just supreme trolling by Galoob haha. I'd be interested in checking that site out if anyone has the link?

Reaction score

There's MicroMachines Museum, but not all the variants are on. I've started compiling a spreadsheet for Star Wars MM, referencing packaging variants, but I still need to work on it as I haven't detailed the playsets/transforming environments yet. If you're interested send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward the document.

Reaction score
Came across this playset at Target the other day. Pretty neat. I had no idea it was coming out.
iaifuli.jpg

Y9qKzNg.jpg

I saw these listings on Amazon for some other playsets. Are they old? Can't say I ever saw them in stores.
https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Machin...cphy=9052206&hvtargid=pla-1210211531500&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FVGGDPZ/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_1_dp

Edit: found the listing for a new Super Van City. Looks similar to the old one, but in a new color palette.

Edit again: Previously I eluded to some other images that could have been Micromachines sets. I've since seen that they are not. Just some wrong images on the Google image search.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wot an outrage, Boris, they eluded our probes! So to speak. ;)

Did some digging and found that the wee Starspeeder is from a set of Hasbro blind bag toys called Collector Packs, which were sold at Star Tours, with ~18 waves of stuff released. There's also a squished mini (~1.5") Choro-Q starspeeder from Tomy that was sold at Tokyo Disneyland.

Anyhoo, there are some oddities like the Naboo Water Speeder and Vader's hoverplatform in there, interesting choices for ersatz Micro Machines (or AF mini-figs), ain't they. ;) :)

View media item 405509
View media item 405508
View media item 405510
View media item 405511
View media item 405512
View media item 405507
View media item 405506
View media item 405505
View media item 405504
View media item 405503
View media item 405502
View media item 405513
View media item 405501
View media item 405500
View media item 405499
View media item 405498
View media item 405497

Reaction score
Those Disney collector packs are cool little novelty micros, but some are oddly sculpted. I have a handful of the originals, I suppose from wave 1? I must have traded them with someone here or got them on ebay, because I've never been to Disney. Oddly enough, I have 3 of the white Starspeeder - not sure why? lol I must have traded for a lot or something. So I have spares of those to trade, if someone has the red version!

Reaction score
Picked this set up from Target today for $29.99

Attachments

• 20211007_132918.jpg
    20211007_132918.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20211007_124724.jpg
    20211007_124724.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Reaction score
scored 2 of the Series 5 Packs and 2 Series 4 packs recently. picked up the Series 4 Micro Desert Adventure Micro Jungle Adventure from 5 Below today and found the Series 5 Micro Beach Day and Micro Speed Legends (Corvette) from Cracker Barrel on Sunday.