Micro Machines (2015+)

Reaction score
if anyone is interested... the micro Driven series by Battat (only been able to find these at Target) are amazing and work well with the old Galoob line as well as the current Hasbro offerings and the Jada Nano series. They are all roughly the same scale but the Driven series features rubber tires and retail for $1.99 each (1 car, crate and road pieces to build a playset). Highly recommend these. There are 4 series so far of the Driven line including some playsets.

Reaction score
if anyone is interested... the micro Driven series by Battat (only been able to find these at Target) are amazing and work well with the old Galoob line as well as the current Hasbro offerings and the Jada Nano series. They are all roughly the same scale but the Driven series features rubber tires and retail for $1.99 each (1 car, crate and road pieces to build a playset). Highly recommend these. There are 4 series so far of the Driven line including some playsets.
Yeah, I've been eyeing some of those as well. I think it would be good to have some road pieces, etc. I also like that Driven Series 2 and 3 has some aircraft offerings which is something they need more of in the Micro Machines line IMHO. If Driven does some kind of airport or even some kind of military base set I'll be all over it.

Incidentally, I saw some Micro Machines blind bag singles at Gamestop about a week or so ago. Nothing I was really interested in picking up, but nice to know they're out there.

In more Micro Machine news I came across this 15-pack on Walmart.com. Never seen it before. Looks like all existing vehicle, but in different colors.
63c84e00-3894-4792-afa8-856b18824f85.e80274655699e39815e8a5496240c47d.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been eyeing some of those as well. I think it would be good to have some road pieces, etc. I also like that Driven Series 2 and 3 has some aircraft offerings which is something they need more of in the Micro Machines line IMHO. If Driven does some kind of airport or even some kind of military base set I'll be all over it.

Incidentally, I saw some Micro Machines blind bag singles at Gamestop about a week or so ago. Nothing I was really interested in picking up, but nice to know they're out there.

In more Micro Machine news I came across this 15-pack on Walmart.com. Never seen it before. Looks like all existing vehicle, but in different colors.
63c84e00-3894-4792-afa8-856b18824f85.e80274655699e39815e8a5496240c47d.jpeg
eyeing that lt. tan Light Vehicle on the right and already thinking it's very similar to the Vamp MK II from G.I. Joe.

Reaction score
picked up a few more Series 4 sets over the weekend:

S4 Micro Color Phase
S4 Muscle Cars
S1 Construction Set
S1 Farm Set
S1 Fire and Rescue
2 different 15 packs
S4 GM/Bugatti 8 pack
S4 White Protection Force set

Reaction score
I finally caved on the pop culture micromachines substitutes lol... and picked up the Jada Nano Batman Returns, Back to the future, and Jurassic Park

I don't know if anyone has seen the Jurassic Park set, but it's amazing. It has a Jeep, the landrover, and the helicopter! :)

I think these will look ace with the aliens, indiana jones and terminator micromachines.

Reaction score
My local Target had the Super Van City marked down to $31, so I pulled the trigger. I've been noticing it less and less in the stores around me. I felt that I shouldn't pass it up. I'll probably not find it for less.

Also, I found some Series 2 5-packs at Walmart marked down to $7 and change. Picked up another military set.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey just to let anyone from the UK know that the new micro machines basic packs are currently £2 each on clubcard at Tesco.

Reaction score
I picked up Construction playset at Target for $10. At the Walmart next door they had the Tuner Garage playset, also for $10.

Then I noticed the Tuner Garage is $5 with Prime shipping. duh-oh!

Edit (one day later): Last week I mentioned I picked up the Super Van City at Target for $31. Well, today I found it for $18 at Walmart. Needless to say I'll be returning the Target one. Also, the 3-packs (Series 1 and 2) were $1.67, so I picked up some of the ones I didn't have and some extras of the ones I like best. Got plenty of vehicles now to populate the city and other playsets I picked up recently. (y)

Kind of some random thoughts about the new series of Micro Machines. I hope/wish they'll do more non-car vehicles such as more planes, helicopters, etc. Also, some regular people to pose around the vehicles and playsets would be nice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't been actively tracking down MM since the line went on hiatus after RO, but I was on a roadtrip, and stopped by a collectible shop and was browsing the huge selection, and stumbled upon a bag of MM. I thought at first because of the price that they'd all be common. I then rotated the bag, and noticed the Caretaker Array. I actually thought to myself...holy ****, haha. I jiggled it around a bit more and found the other two rare pieces from the set. When I got home, I noticed the Klingon BOP with movable wings was in the bag. I also need the variant Excelsior - which was included. I think the bag has close to 60 pieces, with stands - the price sticker...$20. This has to be my ultimate MM find - it only would have been better if the rare SW ships from the Epic Collections were in there too. Its cool to have, I believe, a complete Trek collection now, having bought them ever since I was a kid. I'll probably have around 50 ships to trade in the days to come, after cleaning them up.

View media item 403989

Reaction score
I haven't been actively tracking down MM since the line went on hiatus after RO, but I was on a roadtrip, and stopped by a collectible shop and was browsing the huge selection, and stumbled upon a bag of MM. I thought at first because of the price that they'd all be common. I then rotated the bag, and noticed the Caretaker Array. I actually thought to myself...holy ****, haha. I jiggled it around a bit more and found the other two rare pieces from the set. When I got home, I noticed the Klingon BOP with movable wings was in the bag. I also need the variant Excelsior - which was included. I think the bag has close to 60 pieces, with stands - the price sticker...$20. This has to be my ultimate MM find - it only would have been better if the rare SW ships from the Epic Collections were in there too. Its cool to have, I believe, a complete Trek collection now, having bought them ever since I was a kid. I'll probably have around 50 ships to trade in the days to come, after cleaning them up.

View media item 403989

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! 😃 I love finds like this where it's like those best collecting dreams and you stop for a moment and think "Wait this is reality" haha I have been tempted by the Star Trek line a few times, but so far held off as there are just too many and too many tricky ones to track down haha. So it sounds like this was your "bonus round" and you finally scored the last ones!! 🙃

PS I just got the titanium ultra AT-AT at last, and discovered that the included snowspeeder isn't just micro machines scaled...but is actually a secret micro machine as it has the hole for a stand on the bottom, fit perfect onto one of my old stands.

Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! 😃 I love finds like this where it's like those best collecting dreams and you stop for a moment and think "Wait this is reality" haha I have been tempted by the Star Trek line a few times, but so far held off as there are just too many and too many tricky ones to track down haha. So it sounds like this was your "bonus round" and you finally scored the last ones!! 🙃

PS I just got the titanium ultra AT-AT at last, and discovered that the included snowspeeder isn't just micro machines scaled...but is actually a secret micro machine as it has the hole for a stand on the bottom, fit perfect onto one of my old stands.

I had honestly given up finding them because of rarity and the prices on the secondary market. I usually don't luck out like this, as I don't explore that many collectible shops, nor travel all that much. Some individual ships go for insane prices on ebay, and the final three sculpts are probably the hardest to track down. When I was a kid buying these, I had no idea about variants, or that the Klingon BOP (movable wings) was the HMS Bounty for example. Apparently it was only released in a 3-pack, which I never bought. Nearly all of my MM were from those large collector sets, where you get a dozen or more at once. I fondly remember buying them at places like KB & TRU.

Its a tough call on whether to start a collection of the Trek MM if you don't have any already, they're amazing little sculpts, but an entire collection would be pricey. Even owning the commons would be great, but you'll probably want them all if you get started! Did you only collect the SW run? I have most of those as well, but I'm missing some from TPM and of course the final Epic Collections that I believe were only released in Europe or something. There are also MM that are unique to playsets and things like that, making it even tougher to complete a set. I love the vast majority of MM though, especially the sci-fi related releases. I also have Babylon 5, Alien, & Starship Troopers. Its cool that the Titanium Ultra AT-AT comes with a MM, I forgot about that one - and its unique with those blaster bolts. Is the deco different too? I don't own that release, I only have a couple ultras, as I tend to collect the small stuff. I know there were a couple sites that tracked the entire MM run, I'll have go find them and see how far off I am with SW.

Reaction score
I had honestly given up finding them because of rarity and the prices on the secondary market. I usually don't luck out like this, as I don't explore that many collectible shops, nor travel all that much. Some individual ships go for insane prices on ebay, and the final three sculpts are probably the hardest to track down. When I was a kid buying these, I had no idea about variants, or that the Klingon BOP (movable wings) was the HMS Bounty for example. Apparently it was only released in a 3-pack, which I never bought. Nearly all of my MM were from those large collector sets, where you get a dozen or more at once. I fondly remember buying them at places like KB & TRU.

Its a tough call on whether to start a collection of the Trek MM if you don't have any already, they're amazing little sculpts, but an entire collection would be pricey. Even owning the commons would be great, but you'll probably want them all if you get started! Did you only collect the SW run? I have most of those as well, but I'm missing some from TPM and of course the final Epic Collections that I believe were only released in Europe or something. There are also MM that are unique to playsets and things like that, making it even tougher to complete a set. I love the vast majority of MM though, especially the sci-fi related releases. I also have Babylon 5, Alien, & Starship Troopers. Its cool that the Titanium Ultra AT-AT comes with a MM, I forgot about that one - and its unique with those blaster bolts. Is the deco different too? I don't own that release, I only have a couple ultras, as I tend to collect the small stuff. I know there were a couple sites that tracked the entire MM run, I'll have go find them and see how far off I am with SW.

I can imagine, I started looking them up as I got close to completing the Star Wars stuff, and saw so many and saw some high prices for some of them and thought "nope don't do it" haha. But then when I see some lots go up with a high amount of ships I still get tempted; but you're 100% right that I would end up needing to collect them all. So the only micros I diverged into was the Aliens (nabbed all 3 sets for a really good price), I love how the tank fits into the action fleet drop ship. Also Got Indiana Jones for a great price. And almost had the starship troopers... but the seller vanished and after a month I had to get my money back. And then haven't had my finger on the button quick enough to grab a deal.

And yes I have some very fond memories of seeing them hanging up at Forbidden planet, and at some other comic shops. Oh and my own "this is real and not a dream" moment in 2000 when I went into a pound shop in Hull and there was an 80% stripped display of Star Wars Micro Machines but from what was left I managed to nab about 8 packs at £1 each (echo troopers, vehicle packs, imperial officers etc) always made me wonder if they'd had the full range, I went back so many times hoping... and did end up getting some episode 1 playsets and the addiction kicked in that got me into 3.75 figures when they hit the poundshop lol. Wasn't till years later that I started pursuing the completion the micro machines again, I guess in part due to Hasbro really slacking off on 3.75 and also charging a fortune for each figure nowdays.

And yes my main run of MM is star wars... collected a few figure packs back in the 90s and a multipack that had figures and vehicles, which I got alongside my action fleet run back then. Then the pound shop deal happened... then didn't pick up collecting it again until around 5 years ago... and really went in on the vehicles, and have everything but the ones from those last 3 epic collection packs. and yes there some tough pieces to get... and a lot of variants... I posted some photos of variants some pages back in this thread if they help any :) And oh my days I once saw the epic collections rares had sold - all 3 packs for £150 combined, after checking a seller's feedback who I had bought something else from. I did a "Noooooooo" for missing out haha. But yeh they are too pricey for me right now, at least at the prices they usually go for which are like £400 just for one set. And yes the deco on the snow speeder is a lot darker and grubbier looking than the regular version, I will take some photos at some points, as well as some more of things people might find interesting... like the hasbro battleship game star wars ships that fit perfectly on micro machine pegs but at 1 fifth of the scale.

And same for me with the ultras I have the AT-AT as got it for £13 shipped the other day (bargain) and I have the Arc fighter which scales nicely to the hotwheels jedi starfighters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its hard to beat a pound per pack on those MM releases. I think that's part of the thrill, finding a great price, or even something close to the original retail price, considering how inflated many have become on the secondary market all these years later. I can understand prices jumping, as they no longer make them, but they become so high that many simply write-off ever owning them - that's what I did with the final Trek pieces. I remember awhile back seeing the Star Trek Voyager 3-pack with the Caretaker Array going for maybe $200, which I think is ridiculous. They remain one of my all time favorite collectibles, alongside 3.75 figures - but I couldn't bring myself to pay those prices. Sometimes the long game pays off - I never thought I'd find a dream set like that for $20.

I'll be sure to check out your photos again, I'll have to start putting together a list of SW ships that I don't own yet. I brought collecting those to a halt after the modern run went on hiatus after Rogue One. I also collected the gaming pieces from Starship Battles, many were in scale with the MM line, which was also a reason I didn't track down some of the MM versions. I would like to finish the gaps from TPM at least, and maybe some of the modern releases - the last Epic Collections are a pipe dream though, lol. The only one I own is a replica of the Mon Remonda - a gaming designer cast the original MM years ago and made resin copies, and I have two of them - he didn't do any of the others though, so they will remain in my dreams, haha.

Reaction score
Don't forget Babylon 5. That was another great line from MM. Also just like Star Trek, the last 2 3-packs are pretty rare and fetch a pretty penny.

I lucked out on a small, local, auction at a farm a couple years ago (I'm in Canada) and managed to snag the collector's sets (1&2 only) plus a whole set of the silver Star Trek packs (1-3). Also the first 3 Epic Collection Star Wars set (based on the books). All sealed.

In total I paid 45(Cdn), but the lots also included a couple of throw away items that I don't even remember amore what they were.

Anyway I still love them, even though I have the Eaglemoss collection now, but I can't justify the price for collector set 3, or the caretaker array 3 pack.

Also I worry about the long term viability of the molds. I can see the nacelles on some already warping, and I have seen lots of them on eBay with similar problems.

Reaction score
Yes indeed, I have the Babylon ships from MM, along with the larger micros that came with the figures. This was many years ago, when they were both cheaper. I even remember when those figures went for a couple bucks each - I was never interested in the figures, just the ships, because I was more of a casual fan of the series.

I noticed while browsing the lot, the Enterprise A is actually more grey in color, compared to the one in my collection which is more blue - is this a known variant as well? I know the Enterprise D had those running changes with color, but I wasn't aware of A.

PS: Occasionally, you'll have a distorted nacelle, but those can be easily fixed with boiling water. All you need do is dip it for maybe 15 seconds to help it regain its molded shape. You can correct it manually as well and hold it in place as it cools. Original MM are quality plastic, so they can be fixed with this method. Other lines, like SSB, tend to warp even after being corrected, as they're more cheaply produced.

Reaction score
Found the Micromachines Fire and Rescue set at Target on clearance for $7.50. Not a bad deal. I think all I need is the Car Wash set. I didn't think I'd have such a collection of the new Micromachines, but I keep finding them on clearance.

Reaction score
Its hard to beat a pound per pack on those MM releases. I think that's part of the thrill, finding a great price, or even something close to the original retail price, considering how inflated many have become on the secondary market all these years later. I can understand prices jumping, as they no longer make them, but they become so high that many simply write-off ever owning them - that's what I did with the final Trek pieces. I remember awhile back seeing the Star Trek Voyager 3-pack with the Caretaker Array going for maybe $200, which I think is ridiculous. They remain one of my all time favorite collectibles, alongside 3.75 figures - but I couldn't bring myself to pay those prices. Sometimes the long game pays off - I never thought I'd find a dream set like that for $20.

I'll be sure to check out your photos again, I'll have to start putting together a list of SW ships that I don't own yet. I brought collecting those to a halt after the modern run went on hiatus after Rogue One. I also collected the gaming pieces from Starship Battles, many were in scale with the MM line, which was also a reason I didn't track down some of the MM versions. I would like to finish the gaps from TPM at least, and maybe some of the modern releases - the last Epic Collections are a pipe dream though, lol. The only one I own is a replica of the Mon Remonda - a gaming designer cast the original MM years ago and made resin copies, and I have two of them - he didn't do any of the others though, so they will remain in my dreams, haha.

Most definitely, although it had me sitting looking at the card backs thinking "did they have the ewoks" etc xD If only I'd got there sooner! And definitely the thrill of the hunt. And it was that which kept me going back to see if they got any more in... which they didn't BUT they did get the pod race arena and Gungan ruins for £1 each, some of the galoob diecasts. And then wanting that Buzz I got into the 3.75... which I nearly got the whole collection of the episode 1 wave, and then I ordered the last few from America, after which I was hooked to those figures too lol. So I collected through what is likely Hasbro's golden age - ephant mon etc there was so much value in the figures back in those days.

And yes the prices are crazy on some things. I am lucky with a majority of the sacred pieces, Like I scored Action fleet e-wing and tie defender for £150 and got the theed palace for £150, so can't really complain. I think it just boils down to the amount of people wanting them and the scarcity! And yes $200 just for a 3 pack that's wild!! And always, if you stay on the hunt you will find pieces eventually :)

Definitely, and the way I did it, was I created a few folders on my desktop... saved the pictures of all the items I needed and it was quick to visually reference them, and then when I got them I just moved them to a "got" folder! Using that system now with titaniums!

Oh I almost started on the game pieces, they are very much the same scale. And there are some cool pieces in TPM! I wish they had brought out the sets that never got released, whoever has the production copies is lucky! And yes the epics are a pipe dream for me right now too... although as I said about the hunt... you never know lol. I did see one go for £150 recently... and I think the other 2 went for £200 a piece... so £550 tops.... if I was flush with cash I could have bit at that price just to get them over with lol. But alas it was too pricey for me. Ah wicked!!! That's cool... you should check out mel_miniatures on instagram... he has a store on shapeways and has been making loads of the starwars ships in micromachines scale... I am so tempted to get some!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
found an entire box of the mini blind bag micro machines at my local game stop. I may go back and buy a few or try and get the whole box.
I had seen Series 3 blind bags only at one particular Gamestop in my area. I finally popped back into that one recently and ended up getting 3 of them. Fortunately, the ones I wanted (Bulldozer, Front End Loader, and Ambulance) are larger and uniquely shaped that it was easy to feel them out.

Reaction score
so got to thinking the other night about the possibilities if Hasbro decided to revamp the Micro Machine line and dive back into licensed properties again (TV / Movies etc) and thought of a couple cool properties that would work well in the Micro machine line:

The A-Team (could consist of BA's van, Face's Vette, Murdock's Helicopter and Military vehicles)
Scooby Doo (really could just be a set with mini figures, ghosts and the Mystery Machine - maybe a playset)
Men in Black ( re-releases of the Galoob line from the 90s just updated)
Ghostbusters (with 4 movies made as well as 2 animated series this is a no brainer. multiple different Ecto's as well as ghosts, mini figures, and maybe a micro Firehouse playset... would work well with the Scooby line)
Transformers (I know Jada has the license with it's nano line but Hasbro could belt these out as well)
G.I. JOE (again same as above)
Batman (see above)
Star Wars (another no brainer - maybe even bring back Action Fleet)
Star Trek (another no brainer)
Top Gun (this could be a lead in to a military line of jets, planes etc and maybe a return of the MM Aircraft Carrier which could double as the USS FLAGG for the G.I. JOE line)
Robocop
Knight Rider

Reaction score
In regards to GI Joe and Transformers, I just wish Jada would release the rest of their Nano series that they previewed more than a year ago. So far I only have the first 3 pack (HISS, Vamp 2, Snowcat), and there is no sign of the other packs getting a release, or ever being made outside of the preview pictures.

Reaction score
In regards to GI Joe and Transformers, I just wish Jada would release the rest of their Nano series that they previewed more than a year ago. So far I only have the first 3 pack (HISS, Vamp 2, Snowcat), and there is no sign of the other packs getting a release, or ever being made outside of the preview pictures.
I spoke with a representative from Jada toys and they assured me the rest of the series are going to be shipped soon. They claimed due to the pandemic and the blocking of the canal that delays were making it difficult to get the product out in time.

Reaction score
I spoke with a representative from Jada toys and they assured me the rest of the series are going to be shipped soon. They claimed due to the pandemic and the blocking of the canal that delays were making it difficult to get the product out in time.
Awesome. That's good news. Really hoping to see that Transformers wave with Jetfire. Still don't know how they worked out the licensing for it, but whatever they did I'm glad.

Reaction score
I wish the new company would dip into sci fi, just to test the market - I'd love to see a return of Star Trek , or even a movie, like Dune. Surely there still has to be a market for miniatures, as so many companies are releasing various products - there just aren't any that are reasonably priced, lol. I'd like to see a return of MM as toys, not fancy gaming pieces, etc. Can you imagine a 3-pack from one of the new(er) Trek movies for $5-10? I'd snap it up, I've wanted a Kelvin since that first movie came out. I know the Star Wars license isn't going to happen, but Trek is probably viable.

Reaction score
I would like to see a $5 Star Trek series of diecast. Eaglemoss ships are cool, but they add up with being a higher price point and you have to deal with shipping costs Also, they sometimes arrive broken due to shipping damage.

Reaction score
As promised here is a shot of the micro machines laser blasting variant that came with the Titanium Ultra At-At, they must have used the micro machines original as the basis. Even has the hole of the stand in it, even though they plugged those lasers into the At-At leg in all the photos and the box display.

From left to right are the Galoob snowspeeder, not sure if the one on the far left is a variant or just discoloured so I put it anyway. Then the second from right is the Titanium Ultra packed micro, and the one on the far right is the Hasbro micro machines snowspeeder.

The one at the front was cut off a broken Luke head playset.

Attachments

• IMG_9328.JPG
    IMG_9328.JPG
    732.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9330.JPG
    IMG_9330.JPG
    861.4 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Also another cool find recently was that there is a 4th rebel pilot in helmet holding pose.

Left to right are the standard rebel from the figure pack, the Luke from the mini head, the pilot from the galaxy battle collector's set (1st edition), and then wedge from the Luke's binoculars playset.

Attachments

• IMG_9368.JPG
    IMG_9368.JPG
    787.5 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Also another cool find recently was that there is a 4th rebel pilot in helmet holding pose.

Left to right are the standard rebel from the figure pack, the Luke from the mini head, the pilot from the galaxy battle collector's set (1st edition), and then wedge from the Luke's binoculars playset.

Actually, there would then be 5 variants, as the figures from the character packs were available both with painted and unpainted boots. The one holding his helmet thus does have a variant with black boots.

Reaction score
Actually, there would then be 5 variants, as the figures from the character packs were available both with painted and unpainted boots. The one holding his helmet thus does have a variant with black boots.
Interesting, I've just been looking up pictures and there are some of the other pilots with brown boots too as well as black. Almost makes me shake my fist at Galoob lol. But for this variation I think I can let it slide as it's not all that noticable.

There were slight variations on some of the other figure packs too weren't there? Was it Echo troopers with painted goggles, and imperial officers with badges?

Reaction score
Yes, there are:
- Echo Base Troopers, with painted or unpainted goggles
- Imperial Officers, with painted or unpainted badges
- Rebel Pilots, with painted or unpainted boots

It's not clear whether the painted and unpainted versions are from different factories, or if the unpainted ones are a running change to save a few pennies here and there. However both versions can be found on the 7-back and 11-back cards.
On orange cards with 11-back and first version of Classic Characters, it gets tricky, as:
- I only have proof of the Rebel Pilots with painted boots.
- I found the Echo Base Troopers with painted goggles on a Quality Control item, but never on a normal card.
- I don't have any proof of the existence of Imperial Officers with painted badge.

Reaction score
Thank you for the info! Damn there are some sneaky variations with Galoob lol.

After the message earlier I went through my Dad's collection of figure that I am in the process of buying off him. And he does have a few brown boots and black boots variants of the rebel pilots.

I had a look at my imperial officers and I have only 1 with a painted badge. And I remember when I sold the rest of his imperial officers there were some with painted badges. So think I made a rookie mistake and mixed both painted/unpainted DOH!

Don't think I've ever had any of the green painted goggles hoth troopers.

From the playsets I noticed the kneeling hoth Han solo has a brown and a blue version; is that a known variant too?

Reaction score
From the playsets I noticed the kneeling hoth Han solo has a brown and a blue version; is that a known variant too?

That's the first time I hear about that possible variation, but a quick search on ebay shows some auctions with a Han figure that is indeed brown. Apparently, the boxes with figures on the orange background have the brown figure, while the ones with blue background and grid on top (thus earlier version) have the black/dark blue one.

It's a nice little nod to the never ending blue/brown debate !