Micro Machines (2015+)

Reaction score
Hey, here are the comparisons, tallest to smallest = left to right with the Hasbro on the far right.

The tallest on the far left is made from a harder plastic than the other micros, and does not have moveable legs like the middle two. (hasbro has moveable head instead of legs)

Reaction score
My 2 Galoob Chicken Walkers don't have movable legs.
Interesting, are they both the same? And if so do they look like the one on the far left in my images? (I got that one from a Return of the Jedi foil stamped logo 3 pack)

I think the one 2nd from left is from the Chewbacca head playset, and so 3rd from left might be from the Endor playset (I bought these loose)

Reaction score
Hey, here are the rest of the comparison images for everyone, will put a description for each too.

Millenium Falcons Galoob white engine and blue engine at the back, then hasbro millenium falcons at the front

Hasbro snowspeeder on the left, then next one is a galoob snowspeeder which has dirty finish (not sure if this is just aged, but had a few exactly like this) then next is a clean cool grey galoob snow speeder. And then final is one freed from the Luke head playset.

Sandcrawlers Hasbro, galoob colour style 1, galoob colour style 2

AT-ATs, Hasbro, galoob, galoob painted X-ray, galoob legs tied modded to flat base from luke playset.

Star Destroyers top row: hasbro destroyed star destroyer, galoob white engine and blue engine star destroyers, hasbro star destroyer, galoob super star destroyer
bottom row: Hasbro FO star destroyer clean, Hasbro FO Star destroyer dirty, Hasbro interdictor, Hasbro super star destroyer

Hasbro FO Tie fighters: Top row: Scorched wing special forces Tie, Snow wing special forces tie, Sand wing special forces tie
Bottom row: Special forces tie, regular FO tie, destroyed FO tie

Outrider from regular 3 pack and from Shadow of the empire pack

Hasbro Tie strikers, 3 versions

Reaction score

Sith Infiltrator from regular galoob 3 pack, sith infiltrator from hasbro darth maul figure pack in, sith infiltrator from hasbro blind bags

Hasbro droid fighter, Galoob droid fighter (Wish they had brought out the unreleased 3 pack so coulda got a fleet of these)

Tie Advanced Galoob and Hasbro

Tie bomber and Tie interceptor, Galoob and Hasbro versions

Lukes Landspeeder Galoob and hasbro

Fambaa scaled and smooth version

Hope that helps people :) I know that the discussions and images in this forum really helped me to figure out what was out there.

Also question for anyone in the know, the Galoob A-wing, was there ever a version made with out the white triangles printed on the top of the front? I have one with white triangles, and one without, but not sure if they have just worn off, or if it is a true variation.

Reaction score
Also question for anyone in the know, the Galoob A-wing, was there ever a version made with out the white triangles printed on the top of the front? I have one with white triangles, and one without, but not sure if they have just worn off, or if it is a true variation.
Thanks for all your efforts, Mark. It is much appreciated and nice to see the variants. I may have some or even all of them, but I never compared them that nicely done. Thanks again!

May I download the pics and add the comments to distinguish them, just for my personal use & reference?

Reaction score
Thank you for the excellent pics, MarkJediWanderer! I don't have a lot of the newer Hasbro Micros, so this is great for comparing them with my Galoob stuff.

It seems that while sculpts have improved somewhat, paint + materials was better on the 90s MMs.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your efforts, Mark. It is much appreciated and nice to see the variants. I may have some or even all of them, but I never compared them that nicely done. Thanks again!

May I download the pics and add the comments to distinguish them, just for my personal use & reference?
No problem :) I shall try to do some more pics at some point

And of course you can use the pics, and I don't mind what anyone uses them for, they are there to help people. This forum has massively helped me with my collection, so it's good to pass it on.

I'd like to help compile a list of known variants at some point too.

Reaction score
Thank you for the excellent pics, MarkJediWanderer! I don't have a lot of the newer Hasbro Micros, so this is great for comparing them with my Galoob stuff.

It seems that while sculpts have improved somewhat, paint + materials was better on the 90s MMs.
No worries :) and yes it's a mixed bag, as at first I thought they were inferior when looking at stuff like the speederbikes. And some of the paint apps are weaker. But then on others the Hasbro are actually surprisingly superior, and some even feel similar to Galoob. Might be that they used different plastic depending on the sculpt involved, or the factory used.

On the Tie fighter with the scorch marks in my photo, the material is actual really bendy rubber like a pencil eraser, unlike the other Ties which are more ridged.

I think by the Rogue one waves the paint and materials improved too. The figures are noticably better at that point, and maybe even superior to the Galoob.

Reaction score
Some more of the comparison pictures for everyone

Boxed mini micro machines, next to the regular micro machines version of each vehicle

Boxed mini micromachines with regular, and painted micro machines X-ray version of each ship for size comparison

3 micro machines sizes of Millenium Falcon (mini, regular, painted X-ray)

3 sizes of micro machines Slave 1

mini micro death star, galoob deathstar and hasbro medium sized deathstar

Death star scale comparison next to finger - mini micro and regular micro machines

Reaction score

Battle droid tank, Larger, smaller and exploded tanks

Trade federation MTT, larger MTT from playset, and other larger MTT removed from playset.

Tie phantom from the TOYs R US exclusive set

First order transport, and sand deco variant

Reaction score
What sort of height are Micro-machines stands usually? Realized that all the blind-bag ships I have all have small holes in them (except the B-wing?) yet I can't find any mention of stands anywhere, or anywhere selling any in the UK. Figured I'd would be quite easy to just cut some plastic rod and glue it to a bit of cardboard/plasticard as a base but I have no idea what sort of height would be good.

Reaction score
What sort of height are Micro-machines stands usually? Realized that all the blind-bag ships I have all have small holes in them (except the B-wing?) yet I can't find any mention of stands anywhere, or anywhere selling any in the UK. Figured I'd would be quite easy to just cut some plastic rod and glue it to a bit of cardboard/plasticard as a base but I have no idea what sort of height would be good.
What Darkmatt said

Although if you want originals then search "star wars micro machines perspex stands ebay" on Google (can't search them on ebay for some reason). and there are 2 sellers selling quite big lots of stands.

Reaction score
Anyone still tracking down MM years later? I'm still finding some at retail...bumped into a discount store that had some of those small TFA playsets for $1.99 - didn't buy any years ago, and still haven't, though for two bucks, I suppose its worth it just for the micro ship / figure. I did run into an awesome lot on ebay, I was searching for something else, and spotted a group of 16 micros for...$1.99 plus $4 shipping! Best part...it included what is probably the rarest and most sought after (modern) exclusive - the TIE Phantom. I recall wanting it from the TRU exclusive mega pack, but not wanting all the duplicates. Luckily there were four other ships I didn't have, the B-Wing, X-Wing, and TIE Interceptor from the ROTJ set and a FO TIE with burnt wings - anyone know what set that is from?

Here is a shot from ebay, the others are up for trade if anyone needs them - I know the Death Star is probably a bit difficult to track down.

View media item 395529

Reaction score
Anyone still tracking down MM years later? I'm still finding some at retail...bumped into a discount store that had some of those small TFA playsets for $1.99 - didn't buy any years ago, and still haven't, though for two bucks, I suppose its worth it just for the micro ship / figure. I did run into an awesome lot on ebay, I was searching for something else, and spotted a group of 16 micros for...$1.99 plus $4 shipping! Best part...it included what is probably the rarest and most sought after (modern) exclusive - the TIE Phantom. I recall wanting it from the TRU exclusive mega pack, but not wanting all the duplicates. Luckily there were four other ships I didn't have, the B-Wing, X-Wing, and TIE Interceptor from the ROTJ set and a FO TIE with burnt wings - anyone know what set that is from?

Here is a shot from ebay, the others are up for trade if anyone needs them - I know the Death Star is probably a bit difficult to track down.

View media item 395529

Awesome find dude :) especially gettin ghre TIE Phantom for that price :O and yes there are still some of us out there hunting them down.

I just pretty much finished off my collection this year, including all the variants from both eras. I think I only need the 4-6 Epic collections vehicles, although resided myself to the fact that I will probably never pay the fortune needed to buy them xD

Does the burnt wings Tie have rubbery kind of wings? If so then it is was from the First Order Star Destroyer playset... the updated one that had more figures and vehicles.

I still live in hope of more star wars micros in the future. I was watching clone wars the other day and thinking how disappointing it is that we never got a republic cruiser to army build against the invisible hand class ships.

Reaction score
Rubbery wings indeed, like it was made in a Jell-O mold. Thanks for the info, wish it had the micro FO destroyer, as I'd like to track down the clean version. Ebay lots tend to be missing pieces though, that's why the hunt is never-ending. You can get some great deals though, because trading and buying singles isn't exactly cost effective with ever increasing shipping prices.

Reaction score
Rubbery wings indeed, like it was made in a Jell-O mold. Thanks for the info, wish it had the micro FO destroyer, as I'd like to track down the clean version. Ebay lots tend to be missing pieces though, that's why the hunt is never-ending. You can get some great deals though, because trading and buying singles isn't exactly cost effective with ever increasing shipping prices.

Hahaha yes that's it, when I got it out of the packaging I was like "huh what's up with this". I think they must have experimented to see if it could be done that way, and just went "nah"... "how can we offload this batch?" "hmm, paint burn marks and fling it into a playset"

Yeh the clean one was what I bought the set for, got it for like £11 from a discount retailer sometime last year.

But definitey, my top tip is to bookmark your micro machines search and then check it multiple times a day. I have mine set to "newly listed" and just click the bookmark and have a look every now and then. Which is really quick when you don't have to type it in and select options each time.

And eventually everything you want will come up, I guarantee it. :) it's just a waiting game. Although I sometimes hate the gamble of "should I buy it now?" "or wait to see if a cheaper option comes up" for the expensive rare ones lol. I 've just been finishing off my original action fleet collection, and a few of them gave me tough choices lol.