Micro Machines (2015+)

Reaction score
thanks all :). Yep it was on my wish list, mostly as a placeholder for me, so very surprised when it showed up. Now i have every single MM playset. so i am 1 ship, 3 mini heads and 5 figures away from completing my MM collection.

Reaction score
I need mini head collection 7 (luke, 4LOM, Snowtrooper). The scimitar assault bomber and the epic figures Borsk, Dorsk, Garn, Exar and Lando. so close...

I bid on an Epic Dark Forces Rising set on ebay last week, but didnt win. It went for $200, out of my price range

Reaction score
I need mini head collection 7 (luke, 4LOM, Snowtrooper). The scimitar assault bomber and the epic figures Borsk, Dorsk, Garn, Exar and Lando. so close...

I bid on an Epic Dark Forces Rising set on ebay last week, but didnt win. It went for $200, out of my price range
it's tough to track down those final mini-heads... I have modest collecting aims and only wanted the 4-Lom one to complete my "every bounty hunter from the bridge scene in ESB" figure or ship made by Micro Machines. Nabbed one on sale by itself on eBay after months of not seeing anything. Paid like $40... but that was that, lol. I wish you good fortune on your search....

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure which mini-heads were included, but at the time, some were released by Pizza Hut as an in-store promotion. They came single-packed in a clear baggie with some anti-choke warnings printed on it. I think some of the later ones were available this way.

Reaction score
I didnt bid on the one on ebay. I have a private wish list that my family can access, so they pooled together and found one online somewhere. very nice of them. It was a set i had despaired of ever getting. but it is very cool. easily one of my favorites though i like the Rebel Transport the best

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure which mini-heads were included, but at the time, some were released by Pizza Hut as an in-store promotion. They came single-packed in a clear baggie with some anti-choke warnings printed on it. I think some of the later ones were available this way.
yep, this is how i picked up a lot of the mini heads. a friend of mine had all of the pizza hut releases from years ago and gave em to me. Unfortunately, pizza hut never had Luke, 4LOM or snowtrooper mini heads

Reaction score
Hmm.. Now you have me curious.. One of my sources shows that the last 5 sets were released by PH, which would include the set that contained those 3.. Now I'm going to dig out all mine to check, except they're in DEEP storage.. Prob take me a month to get to them.. lol

Reaction score
4-LOM, Luke Skywalker (Pilot) and the Snowtrooper were not available as part of the Pizza Hut promotion (individual baggies with mini-head and figures).

I already did research on that. This also explains why it is the most expensive 3-pack among the mini-heads, as it's availability is the lowest of the set.

Reaction score
Hello all, possibly silly question: has anyone found any cool alternate terrain ideas for SW Micro Machines figure set-ups? It took until this year to purchase the Action Fleet playsets (Yavin, Hoth, and Death Star) and I love them, but are there any cool things other companies are doing or have done that work well as terrain for the figures?

Reaction score
Hello all, possibly silly question: has anyone found any cool alternate terrain ideas for SW Micro Machines figure set-ups? It took until this year to purchase the Action Fleet playsets (Yavin, Hoth, and Death Star) and I love them, but are there any cool things other companies are doing or have done that work well as terrain for the figures?
it's expensive but there is always Miniatures terrain for tabletop games

Reaction score
I have been wanting to do dioramas with my large collection of MMs. Rebelscale has some projects that they have done. I am still working on the scale, but the MM figues are between 1/72 and HO scale, so any terrain on that scale will work, i.e. model railroads, war games (as DarkMatt mentioned), and the like. Most SW miniature games are 28mm and scaled up, so they usually don't have accessories that fit.

I try to work between those scales and see what fits with them.

Reaction score
There's a lot of options, most require a little building though. Italeri has some diorama kits in 1/72, mostly for WWII. Then, there's the old MPC kits, like the Hoth Rebel Base that could work with MM figures. Apart from that, look at train stuff like BlindJedi said, HO scale is perfect. But, if you want terrain, you'll probably have to make your own.

For instance, I used DAS air-dry clay and plaster rock molds from Woodland scenics to build my AT-TE Cargo Walker diorama using Micro Machine figures. It takes time, but looks better than any pre-made rocks I've seen. I did the same thing with the Mini Dioramas...all of which are built on Foam board topped with DAS clay. You can do wire twisted trees and coat them with clay or supersculpey to create some really cool trees (there's a video on youtube I think that shows this). Rock molds are pretty easy once you get the hang of it. PM me or contact me through RebelScale if you're curious.

Greenstrawberry does some photo-etch Rebel Hanger accessories in 1/72 that would be kinda neat. And then there's whatever you can find on Shapeways (3D printed stuff).

But it all comes down to what look you are going for. Cheers!

Reaction score
Since there is not much discussion going on here, I thought I would ask a question

What variant Galoob Micro Machines are out there? I am talking ships that come in the same set, but are different from each other. Not ships that come in different sets (like the Blue Engine Falcon in the Double Take Death Star, vs the ones that came in the three packs)
The ones I know of (or think are out there)
1 Episode 1 Royal starship. There are 2 silver versions. One with a window gap, one without. Both are found in the Desert Escape playset.
2. Rebel Pilots. One set has grey boots, one has black/brown boots
3. Episode 1. Collections 1-6. Figures come with holes in the base or no holes in the base (I know this may not be a true variant, but a running change)
4. Ghost Ben. A light version and a dark version
5. Rebel Cruiser. I have one that has a different darker paint coat with a ‘blue nose’ and one with a lighter paint without the nose paint.
6. Is there a darker version of the sandcrawler?

What else am I missing?

Reaction score
Since there is not much discussion going on here, I thought I would ask a question

What variant Galoob Micro Machines are out there? I am talking ships that come in the same set, but are different from each other. Not ships that come in different sets (like the Blue Engine Falcon in the Double Take Death Star, vs the ones that came in the three packs)
The ones I know of (or think are out there)
1 Episode 1 Royal starship. There are 2 silver versions. One with a window gap, one without. Both are found in the Desert Escape playset.
2. Rebel Pilots. One set has grey boots, one has black/brown boots
3. Episode 1. Collections 1-6. Figures come with holes in the base or no holes in the base (I know this may not be a true variant, but a running change)
4. Ghost Ben. A light version and a dark version
5. Rebel Cruiser. I have one that has a different darker paint coat with a ‘blue nose’ and one with a lighter paint without the nose paint.

What else am I missing?

For figures, you have:
- Rebel Pilots, which you mentionned, and come either with painted or unpainted boots.
- Echo Base troops, which come either with painted (green) or unpainted glasses
- Imperial officers, with painted or unpainted insignia
--> those 3 are simply a running change to cut costs (the painted figures were prior to the unpainted)

- figures from mini-heads sets, that can come with various numbers scultped on their stands (probably linked to the factory line or machine used - I have proof for Ackbar, Boba Fett and Gamorrean Guard)
- EPisode 1 sets #1-6 --> we discussed that earlier in the thread. There are "1st Edition" variants.

- Then there are the vehicles or figure variants between vehicle sets and playsets or between different sets. Even if you specifically said that you are not willing to count this as per your question, it is good to mention: Darth Vader's TIE (from Stormtrooper playset), X-Wing (from Rebel Transport), Millennium Falcon (from Double Take Death Star), Gian Speeder (Naboo Temple Ruins), Star Destroyer (with colored engines from Epic Collection), Tantive IV (from Star Destroyer Fortress), Jabba's Sail Barge (R2-D2 playset), Bespin Twin-Pod Cloud Car (Boba Fett playset), TIE Fighter (dark/light grey), Imperial Officer (Star Destroyer Fortress), Imperial Naval Trooper (Star Destroyer Fortress), Stormtrooper (grey or brown stand), Sith Infiltrator (Darth Maul Playset), AAT (Jar-Jar playset), Naboo Fighter (Battle Droid playset), Fambaa (MTT playset)...

Depending on how you count variants, there are probably other slight paint variation (like lighter grey on some ships), but I wouldn't really consider this.

Reaction score
After checking my loose collection of MicroMachines vehicles, there are indeed both a dark and a light brown versions of the Sandcrawler. But I'd classify that as a running change in the paint more than a true variation (of the 4 loose Sandcrawlers I have, one was light brown, 2 dark brown, and the fourth was light brown, but slightly darker than the first).

Reaction score
No news from Hasbro about a new wave of MM blind bags related to TLJ..I really hoped for it!

There are good ships from TLJ and no Micros! Very sad! However I must say that as for merchandising TLJ was a real disappointment: very few things and very poor stuff! I really don't understand Hasbro & co politics...

Reaction score
We already got the news and it was bad - MM are cancelled. I would have liked to some TLJ ships myself, but it looks like we'll have to customize our own!

Reaction score
What does everyone think of the 2005 Micro Vehicles stuff. 9 Packs, 3 playsets. I know they are not 'real' micro machines, but i think they were released under the galoob brand. they seem relatively easy and not that expensive to pick up.

just wondering if anyone had them and if they were worth the money and effort. I stick pretty much only with MM (and a few choice movie hot wheels), dont do action fleet at all and have been considering this micro vehicle set for awhile, but still on the fence

Reaction score
What does everyone think of the 2005 Micro Vehicles stuff. 9 Packs, 3 playsets. I know they are not 'real' micro machines, but i think they were released under the galoob brand. they seem relatively easy and not that expensive to pick up.

just wondering if anyone had them and if they were worth the money and effort. I stick pretty much only with MM (and a few choice movie hot wheels), dont do action fleet at all and have been considering this micro vehicle set for awhile, but still on the fence
They are not the same MM scale, right? I remember them being more like the DieCasts... Therefore, I would not count them in.

Reaction score
Yeah, they didn't fall under the Micro Machines brand that I am aware of, simply "Micro Vehicles". The scale was between MM and Titaniums, and the figures were roughly Action Fleet scale. I bought one of the playsets and a few of the packs, and they're alright - the detail on the modern MM is better. That line did have a few unique vehicles though, that have never appeared in the MM or Titanium lines.

Reaction score
So, while we are all hanging our heads because of no more Micro Machines, let me share some joy with you guys: I finally added the Theed Palace Assault Playset MIB to my collection.

It is a small step for collectors, but a big step for me. :)

With that, I complete my MIB collection of all Micro Machines - MINUS the Epics 4-6, which I still need to get.

So, to sum it up:
- all playsets MIB or at least VGC
- various loose playsets for display as duplicates, especially the Heads. Thus, I have most "playset esclusive" vehicles & figures loose as well
- all vehicle sets MOC, including pod racers
- all vehicles loose for display (you probably know my display in the meantime)
- all figure sets MOC
- 95% of the figures also loose for display, missing only the Naboo Royal guards and Scout Troopers
- Epic 1-3 MIB
- Epic 1-3 loose for display
- all blind bag exclusive vehicles loose
- all bronze and pewter sets MIB
- all bronze and pewter sets loose
- the huge vehicle pack from TFA from TRU
- some of the repack-packs like "Imperial forces giftset"
- most "irregular" MM-release at least MIB, like Maul plus vehicle, Gorge Sacul plus vehicls, the gold sets, the X-Ray fleet, Remote mini falcon, VHS-release bonus, Jedi Braid and so on

Still to go:
- bronze promo mailaways
- mini micro machines 3 sets
- Epic 4-6
- some loose figure packs

I do not have and will not collect, but maybe add some if I meet them cheap:
- single packs; I own half of those, but it is no focus, as it is just repacks
- variants (hair colors, ...)
- repacks (Collectors Set, Master Collection, ...), as just repacks with nothing new

So, still a bit work to do and at least ONE big spending item (Epic 4-6), but I am quite happy, 2,5 years after I started with Micro Machines. It was crazy ride, especially to learn and understand how everything went back then, but with the milestone today I feel somehow complete, with those Epics still nagging my brain. ;) It was a ride also here in the forum, with lots of postings, lists, help and so on. Thanks for that guys, and keep this thread alive no matter what will happen.

Reaction score
That is awesome Luke! COngrats on the TPA set! it is a very cool playset

i just got my Theed palace recently as well. however i opened my MIB :) since i dont do in package collecting. i open everything. more fun that way.

I m only missing the Scimitar Assault Bomber, Dorsk 81, Borsk, Garn, Exar Kun and Epic Lando

when you say mini micro machine 3 sets? what are you referring to? I know of the three pack with the Death Satr, Falcon and Slave 1 mini ships, but i didnt know there were more sets than that one. or are you talking about something else

Reaction score
That is awesome Luke! COngrats on the TPA set! it is a very cool playset

i just got my Theed palace recently as well. however i opened my MIB :) since i dont do in package collecting. i open everything. more fun that way.#
I open most as well, that goes for everything I collect. For some playsets, I have them loose so I could leave one version sealed. So most are CIB VGC, not MIB.

I m only missing the Scimitar Assault Bomber, Dorsk 81, Borsk, Garn, Exar Kun and Epic Lando
Yes, those epics...

when you say mini micro machine 3 sets? what are you referring to? I know of the three pack with the Death Satr, Falcon and Slave 1 mini ships, but i didnt know there were more sets than that one. or are you talking about something else
I mean its a 3 pack, not 3 sets. I can post a picture of those "specials" I found. Maybe you can add some.