Micro Machines (2015+)

Reaction score
oh dang, those prototypes look sharp. nice find.

also, if you don't mind my asking MicroMachineFan, where did you get your Courtship of Princess Leia set and how much did you pay for it? I'm just curious what some of the going rates are for the second set of EU sets.

Reaction score
oh dang, those prototypes look sharp. nice find.

also, if you don't mind my asking MicroMachineFan, where did you get your Courtship of Princess Leia set and how much did you pay for it? I'm just curious what some of the going rates are for the second set of EU sets.
Yeah I'd like to know as well. The eBay rates are nuts and I think it's just the same seller reposting over and over. I'd love to find those sets loose. Really just want the Lando, Emperor, and Leia figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry it took me awhile to respond. I had a hoard of Russian children in my house this weekend (don't ask), and one of them broke my laptop screen.

Honestly i get most of my stuff through EBay. I had a decision earlier to focus my collecting energy on only Micro Machines, a set that i could actually complete. So i started putting all my other half completed collections from childhood and college on Ebay. Action Fleet, transformers, original and PoTF Star Wars, etc and using the proceeds to pick up MM. even at ebay prices, so i buy a single figure or ship here and there and slowly build up. the Ebayer EvilRyu seems to have the most stock, but his prices are half again what they should be (IMO), but i guess if you are the only one to have the sets you can set our prices...
But since i am using my collection money, the prices dont hurt that much to me. that money wasnt in my budget anyway. I dont mind parting with the collections anyway since i dont have the space to display them and could never complete them anyway (i am a serious completest).

Also i have a good friend i have know since childhood who is a serious toy collector (his job is a university professor who teaches...comic books. yep he wrote a book on Captain America and is writing another on GI Joe and Transformers). So i traded him my entire GI Joe Collection for his Micro Machines and he had a Courtship of Princess Leia set (and swears he has dark apprentice and dark force rising as well, but has to dig through his toy storage unit to find them, so hopefully i will get those soon). I got a star fortress playset, a bunch of mini heads, several of the rare figure sets and few other goodies from him.

I am still trying to decide if i want to part with my Star Wars CCG collection. It is about 80% complete, it CAN be completed, but some of the cards i am missing are the hardest and most expensive to find. so completing it will be both painful and expensive and I could use the money from selling it to finish the MM collection...but I really like the set!

I have two more comic sets to sell (Platinum Edition Dark Empire and Gold Edition Tales of the Jedi) and after they are gone I will only have MM and SWCCG.

Reaction score
So I am only missing a few things to complete the SWMM set
Theed Palace and figures (of course)
Scimitar Assault Bomber
Dorsk, Borsk, Garm, Exar and Lando
4Lom, Snowtrooper and Luke Mini Heads.

That is it for SW.

I have complete Star Trek, Babylon 5 sets and the Titian A.E. playset. I am only missing the Aliens, Predator and Terminator head playsets (easy to find, will pick them up later. focusing on SW right now). I picked up the Indian Jones MM set and then found out there are 2 figures not in it that were released only in Spain (might track those down later...much later), and i am undecided on if i want to pick up the Starship troopers sets or not (loved the book, hated the movie).
I am not and will not do the galaxy voyagers sets. I dont do MM cars at all. not a car guy.

Reaction score
Those epic sets are pricey. I have those hard to find sets opened and had some extras sealed but sold the 3 hard to find sets to someone from Germany a few years back. I remember getting over $300 for all three.

Reaction score
Yup. That is also partly why I abandoned any attempt to be a Micromachines completist. I didn't like any of the Epic set designs enough to pay that kind of money for them, so it helped me redefine my collecting rules to be more sustainable. :) I have never looked back. Of course, that doesn't work for everyone. ;)

Reaction score
well at least if I pay $100 for each set, I ought to be guaranteed $100 back if I ever sell them.

still, I could probably do without them. without a Last Command and Champions of the Force set, they feel incomplete.

Reaction score
I guess I will count myself VERY lucky indeed.. Back when Galoob was still in business, they had a thing going where you could buy direct from them. That is the only way I got the second set of the 3 Epic collections. I think they were in the range of $8-$10 a set if memory serves me right. I'm pretty sure I also got the "Balance of Power" set as well. I believe that has an X-wing chasing a TIE fighter and shows laser blasts coming from the X-wing, with both ships balancing on a stand that can spin around if you blow on them.. hence 'balance' in the name.

Reaction score
I remember going to the Galoob website in around '99, which was too late to order because Galoob was already sold to Hasbro.

There were a lot of micro sets that I found on there website that I did not know existed.

Epic Sets 4, 5 and 6
Mini Star Wars Heads
MIB sets
Biker Mice sets
Star Ship Troopers
Indianapolis 500

I was so disappointed that I had missed out on so many direct to order sets from Galoob.

Ebay has been good for my Micro Machines collection. I don't know of any other way I could have found all the rare sets that have been released.

Reaction score
There have been many sets cancelled in the past when Hasbro bought Galoob. Some of the unreleased sets from Episode I:

Vehicles sets:
• Collection XIV, XV, and XVI

Transformation Head Sets
• Anakin Playset
• Obi-Wan Kenobi Playset
• Quigon Jinn Playset
• Nute Gunray Playset...? I've never seen pictures but heard about it.

Watto's Shop

I've been collecting prototypes for over 10 years now but I was lucky to just acquire these pieces on ebay.
These are prototype test shots of a Battle Droid and speeder. As you can see this is the speeder that was supposed to be released with the Watto's Shop set. I remember seeing those pics of Watto's shop and thinking, oh well, that's another vehicle we won't be getting. So I'm a bit surprised to have been able to get the ship after all these years. I don't know what kind of speeder this is. Do you guys know?

Reaction score
Wow...

Those photos are simply amazing. I have every single piece of the micromachines line, except two of the exclusive figures (imperial and rebel pilot). But, as a collector, I will never get the unreleashed sets and figures; the only way to do that is by trying to find out every photograph that was taken to this oddities.

Thanks a lot for sharing this pictures

Reaction score
Came across these at a garage sale today, $3 each! Might need to start collecting these old sets, but I doubt I can repeat this kind of luck! I Want to open them for my display shelf, but conflicted on if they are worth a lot more then what I paid?

Reaction score
I've been collecting prototypes for over 10 years now but I was lucky to just acquire these pieces on ebay.
These are prototype test shots of a Battle Droid and speeder. As you can see this is the speeder that was supposed to be released with the Watto's Shop set. I remember seeing those pics of Watto's shop and thinking, oh well, that's another vehicle we won't be getting. So I'm a bit surprised to have been able to get the ship after all these years. I don't know what kind of speeder this is. Do you guys know?
That's awesome! I'm jealous of your speeder acquisition!

The toy appears to be based on a background prop from Ep1. I can't find an online image to share but I have a photograph at home in a magazine that I will scan in and post here, tomorrow. It was a reuse of the blue-green Naboo Flash Speeder with a new, red paint job and replaced engines.

Reaction score
Great acquisition, DJ. I think this is the speeder you mean but there ain't much info about it, sorry to say.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Tatooine_speeder

Reaction score
I found some images...

Thanks guys. I appreciate your research on the speeder. I guess this speeder has no designation yet. I wonder if someone at Lucasfilm could help.

I really can't believe that I found this unreleased piece on ebay. Seeing and remembering those pictures of Watto's Shop 10+ years ago paid off.

Reaction score
Super score. Hopefully you didn't pay through the roof for it.

I am guessing the speeder could be classified as a custom-rebuilt Seraph 'Flash' Speeder, but there may be a specific official designation beyond that. I will never own the official MM version, but I am considering undertaking customisation job on a spare MM Flash Speeder. With the right parts it shouldn't be too hard.

Reaction score
There have been many sets cancelled in the past when Hasbro bought Galoob. Some of the unreleased sets from Episode I:

Vehicles sets:
• Collection XIV, XV, and XVI

Transformation Head Sets
• Anakin Playset
• Obi-Wan Kenobi Playset
• Quigon Jinn Playset
• Nute Gunray Playset...? I've never seen pictures but heard about it.

Watto's Shop

Awesome score! Can you please post a close-up of that unreleased Naboo platform playset on the back of the box in case those boxed pictures are yours?

Reaction score
For you microfig aficionados:

Here is one of my favorite unreleased protos. LOBOT!!!

This microfigs was never released by Galoob as it was supposed to be in the Darth Vader playset but was replaced with an Ugnaugt instead.

Reaction score
Haven't posted here in a while but are we all heartbroken at what looks to be no ep8 micros? I never found any rogue one 3 packs but got the bigger packs and death star playset. Also recently got a complete luke opening head hoth, a random greedo, and thrawn/mara/skipray/lady luck loose!

Reaction score
For you microfig aficionados:

Here is one of my favorite unreleased protos. LOBOT!!!

This microfigs was never released by Galoob as it was supposed to be in the Darth Vader playset but was replaced with an Ugnaugt instead.

:eek: WOW. Where did you come across something like that?

Reaction score
Haven't posted here in a while but are we all heartbroken at what looks to be no ep8 micros? I never found any rogue one 3 packs but got the bigger packs and death star playset. Also recently got a complete luke opening head hoth, a random greedo, and thrawn/mara/skipray/lady luck loose!

Ya, many of us are disappointed that Micro Machines have been cancelled for now. If and when they come back, who knows.

I've been going back to older Galoob sets and buying sets mainly for the variant microfigs that are out there.

Reaction score
:eek: WOW. Where did you come across something like that?

I know an ex-Galoob employee that I get prototypes from.

Every once in a while when I purchase proto pieces he'll send me some freebees along in the package. And this was one of those freebees. I was very surprised when I received it because I had just been informed a few months before that it even existed.:sneaky:

Aside from the proto battle droid I just got a few weeks ago, this is the only other proto microfig I have.

Reaction score
does your ex-employee know of any more sets that were in the works (even if they didn't make it to the prototype stage)? preferably from the OT

Reaction score
I would assume that series 3 of the EU sets would have been The Last Command, Champions of the Force, and The Crystal Star.

and then Series 4 would have been Ambush at Corellia, Children of the Jedi, and X-Wing: Rogue Squadron. and so on and so on.

Reaction score
I'd have loved to see each X-wing book made and the triple arc of the Cneterpoint Crisis. Really any would be great.

Reaction score
question for the MM fanatics.

every once and awhile when i am looking around i see a picture of someones MM collection that has a droid landing ship in it. the photo is usually blurry and i can never tell any details. Was there a real MM landing ship out in production (not prototype or unreleased)? or was it some other set like action fleet or die cast?

Reaction score
What you're probably seeing is the SnapFast Mini Model from TPM, which is roughly between MM and Titanium scale if I remember correctly.

Reaction score
Most likely as ds says. It was an AMT/Ertl model and they made four for TPM - TF Landing Craft, Republic Cruiser, Sith Infiltrator, and MTT.

Reaction score
Looks like Disney store will have some exclusive action fleet like vehicles! All plastic and the ships look great but the figures look trash. Yakface has the images. Maybe a step back in the right direction for us micro/action fleet fans

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you remember when the Star Wars movies were re-released in theaters in 1997 some locations gave out this cool promo pak.
It had micro minis of Slave One, Millennium Falcon and the Death Star.

Those micro minis are the only ones that were released but I acquired a few proto pieces that never saw the production line.
I placed the mini ships next to the regular micro versions. Hope you guys like the pics!!

Reaction score
Oh man, those are too cool. I always loved the super tiny micro machines that came nested inside the regular sized ones when I was a kid.

Too bad those never made it to production. They’d be at the top of my “to get” list.

Reaction score
I wasn't collecting in 97, so I missed out on these, and I never saw the re-released movies either. They are certainly cute, there is no better word for them. I'd love to own the Home One, its my favorite from the lot, and I'm a sucker for all things Mon Cal.

Reaction score
I bought these 3 1994 packs on EBay for only $10! I missed out on collection these when I was a kid because I was more into SW figures. Since we have no new MM's right now, I'm going to grab these old one anytime I see a bargain.