Micro Machines (2015+)

Reaction score
No harm in making some noise to try and remind Hasbro there is a market for these little ships. :) We have our owkr cut out for us, though, as that SDCC'joke' clearly demonstrates. It's hard to get any oxygen for SW toys these days unless it's 6", it seems.

Reaction score
No harm in making some noise to try and remind Hasbro there is a market for these little ships. :) We have our owkr cut out for us, though, as that SDCC'joke' clearly demonstrates. It's hard to get any oxygen for SW toys these days unless it's 6", it seems.
maybe because their **** is smaller than that :grin:

Reaction score
I started publishing some complaints in some FB pages (making star wars, star wars underworld, ecc): No Micromachines, No Force Friday!

Please, if someone can, please publish email, web address, FB pages where to publish our complaints! The more we are (and we write, in the same page), the better it is! Let's hear our voice!

Reaction score
Checked a few local stores - no sign of anything new for the MM line for FF, and nothing in the clearance aisles either.

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Hasbro didn't release at least a few new MM packs this year, like Kylo's TIE or the A-Wing with some repacked FO TIES and X-Wings.

Reaction score
I went to a couple spots today, hoping against hope that there'd be at least a fresh wave of blind bags... but no. One silver lining... the Hot Wheels AT-M6 seems almost perfectly to scale with the micro machine standard walkers, at least according to the free poster they were handing out at Toys R Us. I also completed my collection of Hasbro micro machine figures while there... finally nabbed the flame trooper in the Falcon set on clearance. I think I have every figure they've made now, unless the Kylo Ren headset ever leaks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So it's safe to say that there were no micro Machines for episode 8, at least not yet.

On the bright side, the Hot Wheels vehicles are great! I picked up the Tie Silencer, AT-M6, and Poe's Speeder and I'm loving all 3! Definitely getting more.

The best part is that Hot Wheels are produced by Mattel, so I can buy them without rewarding Hasbro for their decisions!

I wound up looking at some of the old Hot Wheels offerings from Force Awakens. They actually did a better job with playsets than some of Hasbro's Micro Machines. They had a death star trench, the resistance base...all things I hoped Hasbro would do. Instead we got a barren jakku wasteland.

Reaction score
it would be a bummer if this was the end of the road for MM although I never did pick any up; I thought the quality was too far from the stuff we got in the 90's. I'm sure they can't be produced as cheaply as they were back then. although MM could also just have a very niche appeal.

Reaction score
it would be a bummer if this was the end of the road for MM although I never did pick any up; I thought the quality was too far from the stuff we got in the 90's. I'm sure they can't be produced as cheaply as they were back then. although MM could also just have a very niche appeal.
I agree... it'd be a huge bummer. You're right about the quality in some respects, too; a lot of the ships came packaged with warbled wings and the default grey wasn't as true as the old school Micro machines (imo). The Death Star from the Rogue One three pack was definitely lacking when compared with either one of Galoob's models.

Some of the figures really hold up to the 'does this stack up to Galoob's work' in my opinion. Quite a few pages back people were pointing out the bloody finger streaks on Finn's helmet, and the creatures like Wampa, Rancor, and the dude on the couch were all outstanding. A post on this thread also pointed out the corrected scale for Chewie's figure, and I think the new probe droid is spot on.

Somewhat relatedly: I'm really hoping we get the largest wave of blind bags here in the US so I can see how the royal shuttle compares. Anyone seen or heard of such activity?

Reaction score
I agree... it'd be a huge bummer. You're right about the quality in some respects, too; a lot of the ships came packaged with warbled wings and the default grey wasn't as true as the old school Micro machines (imo). The Death Star from the Rogue One three pack was definitely lacking when compared with either one of Galoob's models.

Some of the figures really hold up to the 'does this stack up to Galoob's work' in my opinion. Quite a few pages back people were pointing out the bloody finger streaks on Finn's helmet, and the creatures like Wampa, Rancor, and the dude on the couch were all outstanding. A post on this thread also pointed out the corrected scale for Chewie's figure, and I think the new probe droid is spot on.

Somewhat relatedly: I'm really hoping we get the largest wave of blind bags here in the US so I can see how the royal shuttle compares. Anyone seen or heard of such activity?
the biggest improvement over galoob's micro machines was that the tie fighters were made out of a more flexible plastic making them less likely to break

Reaction score
While I do prefer the original MM deco and plastic - the new MM sculpts have more detail for certain, and tend to be more accurate. Its a shame the line wasn't supported as much as it could have been. I do think there are plenty of collectors and kids that buy them, and simply aren't vocal in any forums. The discount stores have been cleared out as well, so someone is scooping up the overstock. Even if the line goes on hiatus, I'm hoping to see the RO 3-packs at a discount chain, I'd like a couple more Home One ships to customize!

Reaction score
I've give that the unpainted plastic helps make some of the details more visible. although more malleable plastic and lack of stands for the ships were a step down. and the playsets were not as well-designed as the older sets. maybe because the studio was just that tight about spoilers that the sets couldn't resemble any scenes from the actual movie.

but like I said, maybe some of the cutbacks were to get the price more in line with the prices from the 90's (and in case anyone wants a reminder what those were: http://web.archive.org/web/19980423173119/http://galoob.com:80/MMSPtop.html )

Reaction score
I have only been pleased with the new MMs I picked up. All were superbly detailed and in cases where they overlapped with subjects already done in the 90s, the new versions were improvements with more accurate proportions and sharper detail. I'm sad to see them on hold again.

Reaction score
I really like the Micros that we got from Hasbro since TFA. Over 100 ships.:grin:
Some cool unexpected ships and a surprise to see microfigs as well.
Pieces were true to how they appeared on screen and most happy that they were to scale with the originals from the 90s.

I just hope that we don't have to wait for many years to see their return. That would be a bummer.

We should all make sure to e-mail Hasbro so that they are aware that we want the line to continue.

Reaction score
I'm just happy they went back to the MM origins and gave us the same scale with peg holes that fit the old stands. Remember the "micros" they gave us during the ROTS release - those were twice as large, had lackluster sculpts, and paint that would rub off! Hasbro certainly corrected those mistakes when rebooting the MM line.

Reaction score
Ya, I remember those ROTS "micro" sets.
I remember walking into TRU to get my hands on these new sets. I was so disappointed and hated those cheap sets.

Those ships and figures looked like the simple toy decorations you put on birthday cakes.

Reaction score
the biggest improvement over galoob's micro machines was that the tie fighters were made out of a more flexible plastic making them less likely to break
lol, you're not wrong there... I have a whole little tray of destroyed TIEs from back in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ya, I remember those ROTS "micro" sets.
I remember walking into TRU to get my hands on these new sets. I was so disappointed and hated those cheap sets.

Those ships and figures looked like the simple toy decorations you put on birthday cakes.
The only highlights back in those days were the transforming ships....Invisible Hand, Tantive IV and Turbo Tank...still my favorites to this day. They didn't have the distorted transforming construction like the earlier counterparts like the Star Destroyer or Falcon. The only exception was the Rebel Transport which was practically spot on.

Reaction score
spoke with hasbro again, it seems they are making micro machines so that can either mean one of two things:
one: they are making TLJ micros to be released at a later date
or Two: they are just rehashing the models they already have and not making anything new
the optimist in me says choice A

Reaction score
Try contacting Steve Evans from Hasbro, and see if he'll give you an answer. He's the guy that answers questions at comic con. I'm sure he has social media, or maybe even a Hasbro email, who knows.

Reaction score
spoke with hasbro again, it seems they are making micro machines so that can either mean one of two things:
or Two: they are just rehashing the models they already have and not making anything new
Who did you speak with, DR, and what exactly did they say? I ask because this contradicts the information we have seen coming from Hasbro's Rhode Island HQ.

Reaction score
Hope for the best! I also tought that this time they would go out later to make ships and minifigures more central in the movie (a difficult thing if you exit in september because od spoilers). Hope in at least a couple of deluxe sets (with excutioner stormtrooper and Finn in FO officer disguise minifigs). As a last hope at least one new series of blind bags with TLJ ships!
Please, post an email of so where to write: the more we write, the more they listen to us!

Reaction score
Glad to see this group is alive with the dry spell we're going through.

So I wound up picking up the Kylo Ren playcase and Remote Control vehicles from the force awakens on clearance. I noticed that the Rey figure from the cancelled Kylo Ren Playset was in the playcase's instructions! It reminds me of how BB8 was on the star destroyer's packaging and several of the Ultimate Saga battles were marked as "non exclusive" even though we never got them elsewhere. It's sad to think that there were several products that never saw the light of day :(

I wound up paying $3 each for the RC vehicles (they were originally 20) and I gotta say...I'm not impressed. They have trouble sticking to the charger and once you finally get them going, they're really hard to control. I doubt kids had the patience for this.

Reaction score
TomRen Good catch on spotting that Rey microfig in the playcase instructions.

I've been trying to email Hasbro's customer service but I keep getting an error.:\

Reaction score
I have been out of the country for awhile. No luvk finding MM in Russia. Mores the pity.
Anyway, when i got home I went around to my usual haunts looking for blind bags. At Walgreens i found series 5 listed on clearance for $.29 each (the peg listed it as $.89 but they ring up at $.29 at the register with a walgreens card). So i spent a whopping $5 and cleaned them out.
At Giant, series 5 are listed on clearance at $1.15 each. The bad news is the peg lists them as discontinued

so y'all might want to check your local stores. I havent found any BB at target, Walmart, Riteaid, CVS, Marshalls, Kohls, or anywhere else in a long while. Just at a few giants and walgreens and it looks like they are going away there too

Reaction score
Unfortunate news via TheForceGuide interview, MM are on hiatus just like Titaniums - so don't expect anything new for TLJ.:

TFG: Cool. So, Titanium Series is continuing with those die-cast figures from the 40th Anniversary and Force Awakens, but there’s no new titanium vehicles or helmets this round. Are those lines done for now?

JN: They are, yeah. We’re gonna rest those for a bit. We got a lot of vehicles out, and helmets. It felt like we’re at a point where—the demand and the response has been good, hasn’t been amazing. I think we’ve gotten out what we really wanted to, and now we’re gonna rest it and do some other new things. It may come back in the future. We’ll see.

TFG: Same with Micro Machines, I would suppose?

JN: Yeah.

Reaction score
I'm perplexed by their own claim that, Hasbro got a lot of ships out :wtf: If they are speaking historically, since taking over Galoob, then yes it's accurate - but since TFAs, not so accurate methinks...

Perhaps I'm putting emphasis / were weighting that isn't there (or explicit) on new molds/sculpts, as opposed to repacks.

Reaction score
I'm perplexed by their own claim that, Hasbro got a lot of ships out :wtf: If they are speaking historically, since taking over Galoob, then yes it's accurate - but since TFAs, not so accurate methinks...
They're just spinning it as positively as possible without pointing any fingers, assigning any blame, or guessing about reasons. Typical PR speak. Only important takeaway - they're resting. Even the "may come back" is PR. So I wouldn't be holding my breath in the short term, though, it is possible some day.

Reaction score

Perhaps I'm putting emphasis / were weighting that isn't there (or explicit) on new molds/sculpts, as opposed to repacks.
typo: 'were', should be 'more'

Reaction score
This isn't really a surprise, my local store is always deserted, months behind on getting stock in and dearer than any other retailer

Reaction score
Since news is slow on any new sets....

I had posted several months back that I have some Micro Machines prototypes. I got some protos that went to production and some that never did.

I think some of you may be interested to see some of these pieces, so I'll post some pics in the coming days.

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
Since news is slow on any new sets....

I had posted several months back that I have some Micro Machines prototypes. I got some protos that went to production and some that never did.

I think some of you may be interested to see some of these pieces, so I'll post some pics in the coming days.
Awesome! New series or old Galoob series?

Reaction score
The prototype pieces I have are from the Galoob series from the 90's. I just recently unexpectedly acquired a vehicle from an Episode I play set that never came out.

Reaction score
Oh yes please! So many great unreleased Micro Machines from 1999/2000 that unfortunately never saw the light of day. Be it TPM sets, playsets and Action Fleet, and all those sweet Titan A.E. Micro Machines.

Reaction score
I also want to post a pic of my recent(as in last night) acquisition. My first rare epic set. now i just need the scimitar and 5 epic figures. sigh.

and since Titan A.E. was mentioned, a set i got this summer

Reaction score
Those epic sets have some of the coolest and rarest ships. I like that Leia is holding a red lightsaber.

There were actually a few more sets for Titan A.E. that were cancelled.

Reaction score
My local Kroger had a clearance rack of toys near the front. They had the two Rogue One 5 packs and the associated Rebels set marked at $3.88. I was really tempted to pick up doubles, but I've already got all three of those sets and I'm trying to have some self control...

I did grab a back series 6 inch Death trooper. It was marked $14. But when I got home and checked the receipt, it had rung up for $10.49!! Makes me wonder if the MMs would've rung up even cheaper than the $3.88 sticker price...