Micro Machines (2015+)

Reaction score
With the exception of a few of the new packs and the old bronze etc coloured ships, I have literally everything including 'novel' packs 4, 5, and 6. ;-) But if I did get rid of them, another forum member would have first dibs.
I understand entirely

Reaction score
While there is a lot of talk on figures, I think another category apart from vehicles and figures is highly underrated:
CREATURES

MM has only few of them, but I love most of them. Grumgar looks great, the Luggabeast looks awesome, and the old Jabba and Rancors are great as well.

While watching Rebels recently, I found so many great creatures that would be worse a release as an MM, especially as creatures do not have enough coverage on other toy lines as well.

And btw: still no sign of the 3-packs in Europe, except for some expensive ebay guys. Anyone from Europe knows where to get them, or anyone found them on amazon.com (no marketplace-ripoffs)?

Reaction score
While there is a lot of talk on figures, I think another category apart from vehicles and figures is highly underrated:
CREATURES

MM has only few of them, but I love most of them. Grumgar looks great, the Luggabeast looks awesome, and the old Jabba and Rancors are great as well.

While watching Rebels recently, I found so many great creatures that would be worse a release as an MM, especially as creatures do not have enough coverage on other toy lines as well.

And btw: still no sign of the 3-packs in Europe, except for some expensive ebay guys. Anyone from Europe knows where to get them, or anyone found them on amazon.com (no marketplace-ripoffs)?
100 % Agree

I've been dreaming 20 years with the Rancor of the R2-D2 playset, one of my favorite MM (with Ben Kenoby, Ronto and Millennium Falcon)

I think that one of the good choices of the BB has been the "unwritten rule" of one creature per wave, that had been working until w5: dewback(w1), wampa (w2), rancor (w3) and jabba or grumgar (w4).

I´m worried about W5 but I hope see other creatures like gundark, nexu, reek, acklay, opee sea killer, colo claw fish, sando aqua monster... and many more (dreaming is free).

PD: I'm from europe too and I have no idea how to get most of the hasbro MM line. I have been sweating blood to get blind bags.

Reaction score
When I post on wanting more "microfigs" I always included the creatures in this category.

I agree that more creatures are welcomed in this line. I have posted before on how happy I've been with Hasbro's versions of creatures because their likeness is much more accurate to the movies.

There was a description that included a Bantha in the blind bags. We never had this creature before, we could have a version with a Tusken Raider riding one. I'm curious to see what Hasbro will be releasing in the coming months.

Reaction score
Man, I hope so, but I am beginning to worry that perhaps only one wave was planned for this film, due to the fact that originally Ep VIII was going to be coming hot on its heels in May. I sincerely hope there are some more packs on the way, and perhaps another wave of blind bags as well. There's plenty of potential ion this film, yet, to say nothing of Rebels, CW, Prequels, etc. It seems Hasbro tends to ignore Micromachines in their press releases and fan media events, so I have little hope of seeing anything revealed at Toy Fair next month.

Reaction score
For those of you in the US, Target has been clearancing out the Rogue One Death Star playset. I picked up one today for $15, and I've also seen them for $25 and $35 as well.

In addition, the Walmarts near me seem to be getting rid of their Star Wars isles. Two of them had their isles completely cleared out and empty with all Star Wars toys on clearance and I found a sole deluxe pack for $5. I'm not quite sure what they are doing.

Reaction score
Alright so im about to pull the trigger on a load of sets both original and new, one last question, Are there a decent amount of ships out there that should scale properly to humans(action fleet, models etc)?

Reaction score
For those of you in the US, Target has been clearancing out the Rogue One Death Star playset. I picked up one today for $15, and I've also seen them for $25 and $35 as well.

In addition, the Walmarts near me seem to be getting rid of their Star Wars isles. Two of them had their isles completely cleared out and empty with all Star Wars toys on clearance and I found a sole deluxe pack for $5. I'm not quite sure what they are doing.
everyone is buying them online because walmart is too lazy to get new stuff,I heard from a woman in the toy department that kids up here are only interested in video games and smartphones,sucks but at least I have confirmation from hasbro that the line is not discontinued,I think they know the line appeals to adults for nostalgia,they have already proven they can market to adults with the brony phenomenon so they are giving something for the adults to enjoy

Reaction score
When did Hasbro make that confirmation, a convention? The thing is, that can change at any point and without notice. I wish Hasbro would discuss the MM issue and explain their plan going forward - because they need retailer support to remain viable. I'm perfectly fine with a scaled back line, only being distributed during a new movie release - but they should have fans and retailers on board if this is the plan going forward.

Reaction score
everyone is buying them online because walmart is too lazy to get new stuff,I heard from a woman in the toy department that kids up here are only interested in video games and smartphones,sucks but at least I have confirmation from hasbro that the line is not discontinued,I think they know the line appeals to adults for nostalgia,they have already proven they can market to adults with the brony phenomenon so they are giving something for the adults to enjoy
Darth_Ryuken - You have some inside info you could share with the class?:grin: Future sets etc. etc.

I totally agree that Micro Machines are not being shown the love and attention. I was kind of surprised to see descriptions of R1 sets myself popping up on websites before they were released. Micro Machines were one of Galoob's best selling items at one time. I wish Hasbro would at least leak out some concept art of what will be coming out soon or a list of sets so we could get excited.

Reaction score
Darth_Ryuken - You have some inside info you could share with the class?:grin: Future sets etc. etc.
Back a couple of pages in this thread Dr reported having a conversation with a Hasbro rep. I am assuming that is what he was referring to when expressing certainty that we should expect more at some point.

all I know from a hasbro rep is that the line isn't cancelled

Reaction score
I wonder why Hasbro doesn't want to do trooper packs these days?
They were only like 3 sculpts repeated 3 times.

Anyway I went ahead and bought Hoth troops, Rebel pilots and a few Endor Rebels.

I decided to just customize the Mandalorian with Hera into a Sabine so I want be at the mercy of the line.
Now I end up ordering the Galactic Heroes Ghost since it seems potentially in scale but just needs touching up.

Reaction score
I wonder why Hasbro doesn't want to do trooper packs these days?
They were only like 3 sculpts repeated 3 times.

Anyway I went ahead and bought Hoth troops, Rebel pilots and a few Endor Rebels.

I decided to just customize the Mandalorian with Hera into a Sabine so I want be at the mercy of the line.
Now I end up ordering the Galactic Heroes Ghost since it seems potentially in scale but just needs touching up.

Hasbro announced that Trooper packs would have been one of the micro machines products from force friday 2015. For some reason, they never appeared on shelves, but a handful of the figures appeared in a Toys R Us giftset that christmas.

Reaction score
Back a couple of pages in this thread Dr reported having a conversation with a Hasbro rep. I am assuming that is what he was referring to when expressing certainty that we should expect more at some point.
you hit the nail on the head, they refused to give any details, they said they wanted us to enjoy them when they were announced, they just aren't ready to announce anything as of yet :\ that's all I know from my source

Reaction score
Hasbro announced that Trooper packs would have been one of the micro machines products from force friday 2015. For some reason, they never appeared on shelves, but a handful of the figures appeared in a Toys R Us giftset that christmas.
Wow, thanks.

Reaction score
you hit the nail on the head, they refused to give any details, they said they wanted us to enjoy them when they were announced, they just aren't ready to announce anything as of yet :\ that's all I know from my source

So Hasbro wants us to enjoy them as they are announced. I wonder what Hasbro has planned for our "enjoyment"?:p

Reaction score
Ok so I have some big news!!!!!! One of the new ship designs from episode 8 has been revealed!!!! While this is isn't revealing anything about the film, it is technically a spoiler, so consider yourself warned before reading on!
Ok, so we have a pretty legit looking leak that Kylo Ren will have his own personal Tie Fighter, just like Darth Vader's. Personally, I'm thrilled! Also, if it's Kylo Ren's ship, it's pretty much Guaranteed that we'll get it in Micro Machine form, so long as the line survives to that point.
Have a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7maJRMsAKV4

Reaction score
I´m worried about W5 but I hope see other creatures like gundark, nexu, reek, acklay, opee sea killer, colo claw fish, sando aqua monster... and many more (dreaming is free).
Not Micromachines, but in lieu of those releases you can find some of the ones you listed in the old Episode 1 Battle Bags range (colo claw fish, sando aqua monster, opee sea killer, among others).

Rebelscum photo archive Battle Bags

Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Miniatures game also yielded a few creatures that are roughly compatible with the MM range if you don't mind carefully slicing them off their bases. While the acklay and reek are too big, the nexu springs to mind as being a good size to sit among MM mini figs.

Rebelscum WOTC Miniatures photo archive

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any of the Series 6 Micro Machine blind bags? I have been hunting around a lot, at home and when on travel for business. I can find nothing at all. have these even been released?

Reaction score
Not Micromachines, but in lieu of those releases you can find some of the ones you listed in the old Episode 1 Battle Bags range (colo claw fish, sando aqua monster, opee sea killer, among others).

Rebelscum photo archive Battle Bags

Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Miniatures game also yielded a few creatures that are roughly compatible with the MM range if you don't mind carefully slicing them off their bases. While the acklay and reek are too big, the nexu springs to mind as being a good size to sit among MM mini figs.

Rebelscum WOTC Miniatures photo archive
Thank you for the recommendation, I had already seen the figures of the Opee sea killer but did not know where they came from.

I have some WOTC miniatures, but in my opinion the quality of the micromachines (especially 1997 micros from galoob) is much higher. I always been fascinated the level of detail of micromachines despite their size (for example: like in the ronto, which i spoke before, in which be seen not only can the musculature, but also the texture of the skin similar to that of a pachyderm). I don´t say that the WOTC minis are bad, but i prefer micromachines.

The resurgence of the line after so many years has been a miracle, so I expect as many micromachines as possible :D.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any of the Series 6 Micro Machine blind bags? I have been hunting around a lot, at home and when on travel for business. I can find nothing at all. have these even been released?

Other parts of the world have the BB series 6 already so they should be appearing here in the states soon.

Hasbro's distribution is odd. We have R1 3 packs and deluxe sets but everyone else in Europe and other parts of the world are still waiting as well.

Reaction score
Well my Sabine is finished
Fenn Rau was actually a great base and the picture is misleading as Hera is actually taller.
Blasterless hand had could have a darksaber as well.

Have some ideas for Ezra but no clue for Chopper and Zeb.

Reaction score
Shout-out to whoever shared the Death Star clearance deal on here... those death trooper figures are among my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Fantastic job, Razgriz!

I have some WOTC miniatures, but in my opinion the quality of the micromachines (especially 1997 micros from galoob) is much higher. I always been fascinated the level of detail of micromachines despite their size (for example: like in the ronto, which i spoke before, in which be seen not only can the musculature, but also the texture of the skin similar to that of a pachyderm). I don´t say that the WOTC minis are bad, but i prefer micromachines.
The WOTC minis are quiet inconsistent. Some are pretty rough while others are superbly detailed. Generally speaking, I found the most common minis are the sloppiest, often with compromised sculpts because they had to be pulled out of the simplest molds. the rarer figures were typically the better ones as there was the resource for WOTC to invest more in their tooling, so they often had more successful sculpts and poses with extra elements that weren't hampered by needed to be reproduced in such vast numbers. I sold my collection of them years ago, but I have selectively held on to and picked up a handful of figures that in my opinion work well with the Micromachines and match their level of detail. I'd recommend checking them out and making a decision on a case by case basis, as some were excellent.

Reaction score
Found the remote control Falcon today at a Tuesday Morning. I might have to go back for the other one they had. Much saler than Iexpected but since I honestly never expected to find one in the wild it was a nice little find. Local stores wary so much now in what they have in stock. So many haven't updated anything and the worst of the places has wave 5 blind bags but has them marked at over msrp.

Reaction score
Fantastic job, Razgriz!

The WOTC minis are quiet inconsistent. Some are pretty rough while others are superbly detailed. Generally speaking, I found the most common minis are the sloppiest, often with compromised sculpts because they had to be pulled out of the simplest molds. the rarer figures were typically the better ones as there was the resource for WOTC to invest more in their tooling, so they often had more successful sculpts and poses with extra elements that weren't hampered by needed to be reproduced in such vast numbers. I sold my collection of them years ago, but I have selectively held on to and picked up a handful of figures that in my opinion work well with the Micromachines and match their level of detail. I'd recommend checking them out and making a decision on a case by case basis, as some were excellent.

True, I remember that the WOTC miniatures had different categories depending on the rarity of each mini. Maybe give them a second chance.

Reaction score
I loved the WOTC Starship Battles minis, but they were a bit too expensive and hard to track down because of the blind boxes. It took me a long time to get a complete set. Many also suffer from warping, worse than MM. The MM 3 packs remain my favorite after all these years.

Reaction score
I'd never even heard of those WOTC minis before... I'm not too mad at missing out on them, though. I feel the same about the old Action Fleet figures - they're nowhere near as detailed or rad as the Galoob/Hasbro minis of today.

Also, add my name to the 'bring back figure packs' squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Found the remote control Falcon today at a Tuesday Morning. I might have to go back for the other one they had. Much saler than Iexpected but since I honestly never expected to find one in the wild it was a nice little find. Local stores wary so much now in what they have in stock. So many haven't updated anything and the worst of the places has wave 5 blind bags but has them marked at over msrp.
What do you think of the RC falcon and star destroyer? I passed on them, but im curious how they work :)

Reaction score
I'd never even heard of those WOTC minis before... I'm not too mad at missing out on them, though. I feel the same about the old Action Fleet figures - they're nowhere near as detailed or rad as the Galoob/Hasbro minis of today.
Many of the figures are junk, no question, but there are nice minis to be found in the range as well. If you're the kind of fan that can cherry pick without needing to 'collect 'em all', then the WotC range is worth a second glance. I have selectively acquired a number of the ships from the WotC Starship Battles series and a few from the others to help inflate my Micro Machines collection, and once they're all mounted on identical bases, a person would be hard pressed to distinguish between them, unless you already knew which releases came from which lines. The ships in particular have been great for hitting Prequel and Clone Wars era subjects that have yet to grace the MM ranges, and there are a few nice beasties as well. Warped plastic syndrome is their biggest issue, but I have been lucky enough to secure mostly good specimens for my collection. They're all in boxes at the moment, but I will endeavour to pull them out and snap some photographs of my mini ships some time to show how well they blend with MMs. Some are every bit as well detailed, and right now it's the only line to to for ships like the Wild Karrde, Ventress' Fighter, a Separatist Tridroid Fighter, Geonosian Fighter, the Sundered Heart, Palpatine's Shuttle, and a number of others

Reaction score
Here are some cool creatures that Galoob gave us.

Rontos, eopies, and fambas, Oh my!
Great creature-themed photo and better collection.
I had never seen close up photos of the Sando and the Colo of the Gungan Sub/Otoh Gunga playset. I like them, are nice.

Reaction score
When did Hasbro make that confirmation, a convention? The thing is, that can change at any point and without notice. I wish Hasbro would discuss the MM issue and explain their plan going forward - because they need retailer support to remain viable. I'm perfectly fine with a scaled back line, only being distributed during a new movie release - but they should have fans and retailers on board if this is the plan going forward.
I hope Hasbro gives Micro Machines some attention at the NY toy fair but I'm not holding my breath. I imagine Hasbro will show the higher ups in the toy industry what will be coming for MM SW episode VIII but nothing to the general audience.

I remember hearing someone, last year, mention that they saw a big set that was probably something for Micro Machines. I guess that was the R1 Death Star playset.

Reaction score
Yeah, my expectations are pretty much zilch, based on past years. Even when talking and sharing imagery with fan media, Hasbro seems to completely ignore the Micromachines range at events such at TF. :( At best we could hope for someone attending to ask them about the line, but I am not expecting much.