Mezco - Breaking Bad

Reaction score
But will he come with his tightie whities? Sadly, yea, if these come out decent and are fairly easy to track down, I'll probably get sucked in.

Reaction score
They will first introduce the "Heisenberg" figure, and at comic con they will introduce the hazmat version, and after the tightie whities

Reaction score
LOL, i cant believe they have made action figures out of this show, could you imagine kids playing with them cooking up meth n selling it in the sand pit, i take it they are for adult collectors lol

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Got mine today at TRU too! Looks great. The only other thing they had was the Bobble Head Walter. Oh, and to confirm: not a single point of articulation!

Reaction score
Yeah, found this yesterday too. Not a great value for what NECA puts out at the same price point... but had to have Heisenberg!

Anyone notice glue issues on the packaging? EVERY SINGLE ONE at my local TRU had the bubble completely detached or hanging by a thread. I told the employees but they probably won't do anything about it.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Yep, sure did. I thought someone removed something from each one when I saw that, but nothing was missing! Yeah, this should have been $12, but the sculpt is really good overall. The only disappointment in sculpting is the pistol in his hand, which has almost no detail.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've always hated pistol hands. I remember passing on a James Bond Jr. figure when I was like 5 because of that.

I sorta wish he came with a pair of regular eye glasses, too.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Count me in for the (undamaged) Gus figure, but exposed-skull version looks great too!

Reaction score
Anyone following this Toys R Us "controversy"? So stupid. Eff this stupid society

Reaction score
^ agreed. I noticed the other day on tru when I searched "breaking bad", it'd said "9 items found" (3 of which were action figures) yet only 6 were viewible...guess what 3 weren't, lol. Then the next day, search said "6 items found". It could be coincidence, but......anyway it seems like alot of people just make big deals about crap just for the feeling of self importance. If you let your kid run around adult oriented figure isles and they ask you about that BB fig, why cant you simply say, "it's a bag of diamonds, he's a jewel thief"...it's no different than telling your little one about Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, the great pumpkin, "bactine won't sting" etc...parents lie/fib/stretch the truth (whatever you want to call it) to their kids ALL THE TIME until the kids are old enough to understand. I would think a little kid would understand "cops and robbers" characters much easier than the concept of Breaking Bad. If your 5 year old fully understands that show, I think you have bigger problems than trying to ban a toy at TRU.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let's get Barbie removed from shelves too, since it sends the wrong message message about how women should look.

Reaction score
So many things about this "story" that bug me. Just another case of a company giving into a vocal minority (seriously 8500 people signed the original petition, ugh don't even get me started on online petitions, I'll lose my sh*t) due to the media drawing attention the "story"
I am bothered that Toys R Us originally actually took a stand against this lady but reversed course within a week. When will these companies realize that this country suffers from a short attention span. Hold your ground and the media will move on to the next "story" within a couple days. Its nice to see people giving them crap for buckling on Facebook and Twitter. There are so many examples of the hypocrisy being given, from the Barbie example to "violent" action figures (GI Joe), video games (GTAV, CoD), to Halloween costumes, etc. When you start with one thing that "offends" someone, which is itself subjective, you open the door for everything to be scrutinized. We're such a society of nosey bodies. "You can't do this, you can't have this because I don't like it." Ugh, it just disgusts me.
I hear that the tray of blue meth isn't even visible in the package. Short term this is making people seek out the figures out of spite to TRU and the belief that it will be ultimately hard to find or a collectible. Its good for online stores like BBTS who sell these and will help out Mezco short term. But in another case of hypocrisy, you think TRU would buckle and pull this sh-t if the manufacturer was a big one like Lego, Hasbro or Mattel?

Reaction score
The Breaking Bad toys were pretty ******, so I doubt they would have appealed to children at all. And if they did, Florida Mom should have told her kid why she wasn't going to purchase it for him instead of getting them banned. What a stupid thing to get worked up about. You can't even see the fake plastic meth in the package for the toy! Seems to me like she did this to satisfy her own ego.

Reaction score
seems to me like she did this to satisfy her own ego.
....exactly! :grin:

or even caused the 2ndary mrkt prices to jump higher than normal

maybe that was her angle, eliminate a major potential competitor...Heisenburg's elimination of Gayle tactic;)

Last edited: