Memphis Area Latest Aquisitions & Recon Report

Reaction score
Re: Memphis Area Latest Aquisitions & Recon Report

Wal-Mart in Southaven (Goodman east of 55) had a ton of the exclusive comic packs last night. I'm not sure of the case breakdown, but they had 20+ Keller/Marines and a bunch of Fett. I saw 1 separation of the twins and stopped looking once I grabbed it, so I'm not sure how many of those they had.

They also had 5+ each of the Rebo sets. As far as basic figures go, they had a McHan and flaming R2 and that was it??

Reaction score

I haven't seen much lately. I did manage to find part of TAC '08 W 1 and The Vader's Apprentice Evolutions pack at Wal-Mart, Austin Peay.

Millington Wal-Mart hasn't restocked Star Wars since before Christmas as far as I can tell.

Has anybody seen the Wal-Mart exclusive comic 2-packs in the Memphis area? I never can find Wal-Mart exclusives. I never have any trouble with Target or Toys R Us exclusives.

For those who collect G.I.Joe, the W 3 Comic 2-pack has come out. I found all except the Tomax & Xamot pack, and I missed the W 2 Dreadnok pack. Those were the two I wanted most.

I think I'm pretty much caught up on both except what I mentioned I missed.

Reaction score

has anyone had any luck finding the last two mcquarrie figures? (han & rebel trooper). I've seen other figures from the waves they're in, but only very sparingly. I did see some ugh stuff at walmart on winchester a week or so ago (including an UGH Mc boba) But i'm not out to collect everything, just what i like.

I've been out of town a lot lately & haven't had as much time to look, but even when i do get out, most of the stores haven't restocked since last time i was there. I'm starting to lose hope on completing the McQuarries without resorting to ebay or something.

Reaction score

I missed the McQuarrie Han Solo, but found the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper at Wal-Mart in Covington.

I just found the AT-AP. Blue Obi-Wan Starfighter, and General Grievous' Starfighter at Wal-Mart in Millington.

Reaction score

Did you also grab the comic packs? They are overly abundant in Covington.

Reaction score

I was in Covington 2 Saturdays ago, and I don't remember looking at the comic packs. Surely I did. I may have gotten too excited over finding the rest of the figures from the last TAC wave of '07 and forgot to look. lol

Reaction score

Now that I think about it, Covington might be the store I saw the comic-packs mixed in with the GI-Joe comic packs. Either way, for about the last 6 weeks they've had aa ton of Keller and Fett packs as well as a few Obi/Bail packs.

Reaction score

I just found the Force Unleashed wave at Wal-Mart, Millington as of Noon today (2/28) there were at least 2 of every figure from that wave left.

I found a few more from the TAC W1 '08 as well.

Reaction score

You beat me to it. I stopped by Millington last night and picked up a set plus an extra Shadow Guard. There were still plenty of each left. Now if I could only find a couple of Commando/Super Battle Droid comic packs I'll be caught up for a bit.

Reaction score

Found the rest of the figures I needed from TAC w1 08 ysterday at Wal-Mart, American Way. I'm all caught up on figures, except for McQuarrie Han Solo, and vehicles, except for Anakin's Green Starfighter.

I have yet to find any of the latest comic packs, Wal-Mart exclusives or others.

Reaction score

Toys R Us had a couple of Mouse/Basso and Jundland/Shaw packs on Thursday I think. I've yet to see the Commando/Super Battle Droid yet, but TRU.com has em.

Covington still had plenty of the Wal-Mart packs last night.

Also, I happened to be in Ripley yesterday and picked up a second Maris Brood and BD Vader for customs. I also finally saw and bought an AT-AP. I was very surprised by how much I like that one. I passed on Obi's ship again. I figure I'll pick one up later when the clone wars animated figures cause to not spend money on Star Wars.

Reaction score

I just found the Lieutenant Jundland & Deena Shan, Mouse & Basso, & Clone Commando & Super Battle Droid comic 2-packs at Target, Germantown Pkwy/Hwy 64. There was at least one of each when I left.

Reaction score

Millington Wal-Mart had the new comic packs as well. I picked up 2 of the 4 Commando/Droid sets Sunday morning. They also had 2 AT-APs, but no Obi or Grievous ships.

If you are looking for the Evolution sets, Raleigh still had a bunch of them yesterday. I didn't pay too much attention, but I think they had all 4.

Reaction score

If anyone is still lookinf for the Evolution sets, the Colonial/Spottswood Target had atleast 5 of each as of 12:15 today.

Reaction score

Thanks for the tip! I just picked up the Sith & Fett Legacys. Those were the last 2 I needed. There were still at least 2 or 3 of every one when I left.

Reaction score

Anyone looking for the current Target exclusives, might want to check out the Spottswood Target. Target is trying to ensure that we don't buy them though by hiding them. They are on an endcap that is closer to the food section than it is to the action figure section. They had a good amount of all of them.

I was tempted to gamble and not buy them yet hoping to catch a clearance, but I caved in and bought Aayla's ship and the battlepack.

Reaction score

I just got back from Target on spottswood. They had the order 66 and GI Joe exclusives near register 7 I think. It looked like they didn't get much of either, so you might want to hurry if you are looking for them.

Reaction score

Target on Winchester had some canisters of Order 66 with switched out figures. Nice job, champ.

Reaction score

Just picked up the Order 66 series at Target, Winchester. They still had at least 2 sets left. Target, Colonial didn't have much left.

Reaction score

DarthPhlegethon said:
Target on Winchester had some canisters of Order 66 with switched out figures. Nice job, champ.
Saw one with a Stormtrooper & Yoda there yesterday. Why they'd accept that back is beyond me ...

Reaction score

Tontus314 said:
Has anyone seen a HISS tank lately?
I've only seen 1 HISS and that was the one I got at Target, Winchester 2 weeks ago.

People are obviously buying multiples of the HISS.

Reaction score

Yep, I picked up 2 and thought I would be done, but my multiple of 4 OCD kicked in and now I would like 4 drivers. I don't care about 4 tanks though. Wierd, I know. Anyway, I picked up a third in Jonesboro last weekend and now I'm hoping to get number 4 at retail.

Reaction score

I just got back from Target on Colonial. Looks like they had a case of the new Legends and the new Joes. Not much left there, but I've found that when 1 Target in the area gets a shipment, there is a real good chance that the other Targets got the same thing, so you might want to hit a Target if you are looking for the above.

Reaction score

Found all of Wave 1 for 2008 except Mustafar Panning Droid.

Reaction score

What a wasted trip!

Thanks to Tontus314 I did find 25th Joe Snake-Eyes v3 & Jet-Pack Duke at Target, Colonial yesterday. There was 1 Snake-Eyes when I left. No new Star Wars

Target, Winchester (5/12)
Star Wars - Nothing new
G.I.Joe - 1 Jet-Pack Duke left
I was there on Saturday and nothing. I guess they put everything out on Sunday and it was gone by the time I got there Monday. Who's gonna go toy hunting on Mother's Day?! Everybody knows all us geeks spend the day with our mommas!

Today
Wal-Mart, Millington
Star Wars - Nothing new (They did have one set of the Saga Legends wave last week.)
G.I.Joe - Nothing new

Wal-Mart, Hwy 64
Star Wars - Nothing new
G.I.Joe - Nothing new

Target, Hwy 64/Germantown Pkwy
Star Wars - Nothing new
G.I.Joe - Nothing new

Toys R Us, Germantown Pkwy
Star Wars - Nothing new
G.I.Joe - Nothing new
This store is in shambles with their remodel. They have more Sigma Six Joes than 25th!

All the Target exclusives (SW, Joe, & Trans) have been marked down & moved to an end cap in the toy dept. Mostly just slim pickin's left anyway. I did see the 2 Order 66 with the POF Stormtroopers returned in them at Target, Winchester. lol What a *********!

Most of the Wal-Marts did have the SW TAC W 1 08 (including the Panning Droid) & Force Unleashed wave in stock for those who may have missed it.

Reaction score

Hmm, on Sunday there were 3 swapped order 66 packs. I hope no one actually bought one of them, although one did have an evo dooku, so it might have been worth $10 or $6 if they got the markdown price.

Reaction score

Tontus314 said:
Hmm, on Sunday there were 3 swapped order 66 packs. I hope no one actually bought one of them, although one did have an evo dooku, so it might have been worth $10 or $6 if they got the markdown price.
I only saw the 2 with Dooku and Yoda. They were jumbled on the end cap, so there may have been a third.

Reaction score

I just found the Crimson Empire Comic 2-pack at Wal-Mart, Winchester. There were 2 left. They also had several Zev Senesca's (no others from that wave) on an island display with Hulk & Iron Man stuff.

I also found Anakin's Jedi Fighter (green) at Target, Winchester. It was the only one they had, but it's out!

Reaction score

Freedom said:
They also had several Zev Senesca's (no others from that wave) on an island display
I saw those. Guess the clones don't last long.

Reaction score

I picked up Roadblock and Flint from wave 8 at Millington Wal-Mart last night. I left Cobra Commander on the pegs. Sadly, they didn't have the others from wave 8 that I was hoping to get.

Toys R Us has a couple of Zevs but nothing else from the wave. They also had a very small stock of the buy 2 get 1 free Indy figures.

Reaction score

The Battle Rancor With Felucian Rider And Saddle is out at Target! It's $39.99!

I haven't seen anything else new, Star Wars or G.I.Joe, in a while.

Did anyone ever see the G.I.Joe Toys r Us exclusives?

Reaction score

I've seen the battle packs a few times, most recently last week I think. The 3 packs I saw only once and they only had 1 set (which I now have). If you are looking, I think you can still get them at www.TRU.com

I've seen the Rancor a few times and I'm still on the fence with this. The rider is interesting, but also kind of dumb looking with the arm/leg combo things. I'll probably end up getting it when I go to a couple of Targets that don't have any and then I see 1 at another Target.

Reaction score

I just found the Utapau Shadow Trooper & Covert Ops Clone at Wal-Mart, Winchester finishing up that wave for me. I've seen more of this wave popping up lately so check your Wal-Marts. I'm officially caught up on Star Wars until the onslaught next month.

I found the rest of G.I.Joe Wave 8 at Wal-Mart, Austin Peay a couple of days ago finishing up that wave for me. I'm still looking for Wild Bill, Spirit, HISS Driver, and the comic packs.

Reaction score

I haven't seen wave 7 in a few weeks now. I've been seeing wave 8 quite a bit lately.

Also, no signs of the Mygeeto battle pack anywhere.

Reaction score

I just saw the STAP Attack & Hoth Patrol battle packs at Toys R Us. I don't need the Hoth Patrol since it's just a repaint of Hoth Luke, a Taun Taun, and a Wampa, and passed on STAP Attack for now.

There was a Cobra Commander w/ MASS Chrystals, Baroness, Major Bludd, & Viper @ Wal-Mart, Millington.

There was a Tiger Force Flint & Cobra Commander w/ MASS Chrystals @ Toys R Us.

There were PLENTY of Jet-Pack Dukes @ Target, Hwy 64.

There was a Cobra Commander w/ MASS Chrystals, Baroness, & Roadblock @ Wal-Mart, Hwy 64.

Reaction score

I just got back from Target on Spottswood. I'm not sure what happened, but they are down to only 1 biker scout. No other Star Wars figures at all, other than a couple of comic packs. No Rancors, vehicles or battle packs either.

Also, not much in the Indy or GI Joe either.

Reaction score

With the exception of Wal-Marts Raleigh & Winchester, the Star-Wars is pretty sparse. I think those two must have got the American Way stock.

As far as Joes, Toys R Us finally got some in. I found Spirit and the Joe Ranking Officers 3-pack.

All I need now is Wild Bill, HISS Driver, and the comic packs.

Reaction score

Finally found a Shadow Stormtrooper at the Olive Branch WM earlier.

Reaction score

Went to Target on Colonial yesterday. They had 62 order 66 2-packs. Looked to be a pretty even mix also. Not on clearance, but with that many this late, they probably will be shortly. They also had 4 or 5 Rancors, but zero basic figs.