Memphis Area Latest Aquisitions & Recon Report

Reaction score
Memphis Area Latest Aquisitions & Recon Report

8/04/07 - Just found Wave 3 Comic 2-Packs at Target, Winchester. As of 2:30PM, there was 1 Hett/Dark Woman & 1 Infinities Leia/Vader left. Somebody bought the other Luke/Mara while I was there. There were also 2 TAC Wave 3 Stormtroopers and 2 TAC Wave 3 Anchorhead Biggs on the shelf as well.

Reaction score
Re: Memphis Area Latest Aquisitions & Recon Report

Hmm, I'll be going to horn lake and then kirby/quince. I'll stop by target in southaven and then winchester and see what's left. Thanks.

Also, the Target on crossover had some legends wave 2. I'm not sure what is in that wave, but it look like they had everything except for Fett and Sandtrooper (the only 2 I care about) and some ROTS clones from wave 1 and a couple of Stormtroopers. No comic packs put out yet from what I could tell.

Reaction score

Went to the Collierville Target today & they had lots of new stuff (comic packs, etc.) Looks like they had just restocked. Everything was in a big jumble, mixed up on all the wrong pegs (regular figures mixed in with comic packs & other toy lines next to the SW display), & scattered all over the shelf below. But while i was digging & searching, my wife spotted a McChewie! It's the first McQuarrie figure I've found at retail, which was very satisfying. If i could only find a Mcstormtrooper & McFett I'd be caught up on all the Mcfigures so far....

Reaction score

That's great that your wife can spot McChewie. My old lady couldn't tell the difference between a McChewie and a McMuffin.

Now I wish I would have put the extra miles on yesterday and did the Winchester/Forest Hill Irene/Cville hunt.

Oh well, I did go to southaven Target. They had some troopers and 1 McChewie when I left last night. On a side note, their toy aisle looked very much like KMart. Crap was everywhere, it looked like a tornado went down the aisle.

Reaction score

Yeah, my wife's great. In the last couple of years, she's found more of the hard to find figures than I have.

BTW, has anyone else in MEM had as much trouble as i have finding the McFigures? I've been frustrated all year trying to find a stormtrooper & fett, with absolutely no luck. I'm worried i might've missed the boat & those two are done shipping to retail here....

Reaction score

Patience. They will be in future case assortments.

Just like to add that in the Memphis area I've seen 15+McStormies (10 at Millington Wal-Mart a while back), 3 McFetts and 2 McChewies.

Reaction score

I went to Target(spottswood) during my lunch break today. Looks like they put a case of Legends Wave 1 recently. I left with 2 AOTC clones. Everything else is/was still there if anyone needs Maul, Grievous or Shocktrooper.

Reaction score

Made my way over to the Millington walmart (I'm very rarely anywhere near there) & boy was it worth it. They had one McTrooper & one McFett left! I got both, so i'm finally caught up on McFigures so far... Hopefully the rest will be easier to find...

Reaction score

I live in Millington and only go to that Wal-Mart late night Friday and/or Saturday on my way back from Covington.

Anyways, the Wal-Mart at Austin Peay and Covington Pike had 3 each of McFett and McStormie and 1 McChewie last night if any one is still interested. They also had a couple of comic packs left (after I got mine). I think Luke/Mara was the only one they didn't have.

Reaction score

A day late and a dollar short...

By the time I got to Wal-Mart, Austin Peay on Friday around 3:30PM, the Mc - figures were gone. They had a couple of Anchorhead Biggs and Stormtroopers. They had 1 of each Comic Pack as well.

If any of you guys collect G.I.Joe the 25th Anniv. figures are showing up at Wal-Mart - both 5 packs and single packs.

Reaction score

The GI Joe singles are also $1 cheaper at Wal-Mart than Target. Until now, I haven't bought a Joe since 1985 or so but I'm really digging the 25th anniversary. I even bought an ELite Forces Humvee at Target for them to ride in style. I'm also planning on eventually getting the Blackhawk helicopter at some point.

Reaction score

As of 12:38 8/28 Toy R Us had 1 Y-Wing left on the shelf if anyone is interested.

Reaction score

I found the Jedi vs. Sith Battle Pack at Wal-Mart, Austin Peay today. I haven't seen Wave 4 or 5 yet.

Sill looking for McFett
Treachery at Saleucami Battle Pack

Reaction score

Picked up a McChewie at the Target on Winchester. Very happy to finally find him. No sign of Wave 4 or 5 that I've seen.

Reaction score

I picked up a precyborg Grievous at the Millington Wal-Mart. No other signs of wave 4 or 5 other than that, and it was on a card bent to hell and back.

Reaction score

If anyone cares about UGH figures and buy 2 get 1 free sales, you might want to check out Toys R Us ASAP. I went there on my lunchbreak and picked up wave 5 Yoda and 3PO and a free Clone and left on the pegs the UGH version of Fett, McChewie, and Airborne Trooper. There is also some wave 4 left (no other McFigs though). This was at about 12:30.

Reaction score

Did a run over the last couple of days:

Wal-Mart (Millington, Austin Peay, American Way, Winchester)
Seems all the Wal-Marts are similar. They're stocked up on Vehicles and Comic Packs and have very few TAC figures. Regular peg warmers and remnants of Wave 3.

For those who collect G.I.Joe, Wal-Marts were pretty well stocked with 25th Wave 2.

Target (Colonial & Winchester)
Also well stocked on Vehicles and Comic Pack Wave 3. Remnants of Saga figures. There was one McChewie at Target Colonial on Thursday. (probably gone by now.)

No 25th Joes at Target except for a couple of 5 packs.

Toys R Us (Germantown Pkwy)
Very few figures because of the sale but plenty of vehicles including the exclusive Y-Wing and TIE Interceptor.

They had a couple of the G.I.Joe DTC Plague Troops Vs. Steel Brigade packs, but no new 25th.

Reaction score

Didn't get a chance to check too much this weekend, but came up empty handed at Raleigh, Millington and Covington Wal-Marts. I'm really starting to get annoyed with this.

Reaction score

Same here. Is it just me, or does it seem Memphis is the last place to get new stuff?

Or do we have that many collectors and/or scalpers that get there first?

This has been the hardest year for me to find stuff.

Reaction score

Decided to check out the Kohl's in Collierville and Southaven on Saturday, but found nothing past Wave 3 ...

Reaction score

the Walmarts on Winchester & in Collierville finally have the new cantina aliens from wave 3. Also wave four has finally arrived at both stores. Of course, the McVaders were long gone when i got there. Lukes & CZ-4 were at both stores. Winchester had one animated fett left on saturday (i left him as i don't care for that one, but he's probably gone by now). Winchester also had wave 6. torture han & smuggler lando were not hard to find. Again, no McQuarries in sight....

I've managed to get every McQ fig so far without resorting to scalpers, but it hasn't been easy & it seems to just keep getting harder... It's almost to the point of not being fun anymore. I expected the exclusives to be a challenge, but they were easier to get than the regular ones (except chewie)!!

Reaction score

I agree on the fun-ness of the hobby. I sure do miss the days when you could casually shop at your convenience and still end up getting everything you wanted. Oh well, atleast hitting F5 on Hasbro's site doesn't waste any gas.

Oh yeah, I stopped by Winchester Wal-Mart last night. There were a couple of Landos and General Mc left. I managed to get all of wave 6 minus McSnowy.

Reaction score

hope your 4-LOM doesn't have wonky legs. I only saw two @ winchester. One had one leg obviously shorter than the other, the other one looked ok. I took the good one...

As for the McQ figs, i wish hasbro would do the right thing & release revision cases full of nothing but the hard to find ones...

Reaction score

Stopped by the Winchester WM after work this morning and got a Smuggler Lando (only Wv6 figure I saw) along with a CZ-4.

Reaction score

Yep, I got the 4-LOM with the added feature of instability.
Oh well, I'm still happy to finally get some new stuff.

I went to the Wal-Mart on Elvis Presley yesterday for the first time in probably a year and was quickly reminded why I removed that store from the rotation. If anyone needs Poggle the Lesser, they have plenty.

Reaction score

I just found Waves 4,5, & 6 at Wal-Mart Millington including McFett! They're on a display shelf in the isle leading to the toy dept and there was at least one of everything left if not more of some figures.

Good day!

Reaction score

was there a mcvader? dangit, i was just out that way this afternoon....

Reaction score

Dang, I live up that way, and hardly ever stop by during the week. I briefly thought about going last night, but decided I would rather go home. Oh well.

Reaction score

Yup. There where several McFetts, McVaders, and McSnowtroopers. The only thing they where short on was Ellis Helrot & Darth Revan.

Reaction score

Wow, thanks for the tip. I was able to pick up everything I needed with the exception of McSnowy and Revan. I figured I was going to leave empty-handed when I noticed the car parked next to me had some Star Wars book on the dashboard. It was nice seeing that many new figs at one time.

On a side note, Raleigh Wal-Mart didn't have anything new.

Reaction score

I went to Target on Colonial during my lunchbreak. They had Han Luke and McStormtrooper UGH versions. Since I don't care about a gold coin, I left em there if anyone is interested.

Reaction score

Saturday morning the Millington Wal-Mart put out 1 case of waves 4-6. I picked up Revan and left everything else. I'm sure it has been picked through by now, but you never know.

Has anyone seen wave 7 in the Memphis area yet? Or maybe wave 3 of the new Joes. I haven't seen them since I picked up most of the wave at Target a few weeks ago.

Reaction score

I haven't seen SW TAC W 7 yet.

I found one lone Firefly at Wal-Mart, Millington, so G.I.Joe W 3 has been here.

Reaction score

Anyone seen any of the Target exclusives yet in the Memphis area? I've checked Colonial and Southaven this week and nothing new.

Reaction score

I found the Anakin/Assassin Droid Comic 2-pack @ Wal-Mart, Millington on Wednesday, and I found the Target exclusive AT-RT Assault Squad & ARC-170 Elite Squad @ Target, Colonial yesterday. Be sure to look on the top shelf!

Reaction score

Found the Clone Attack On Coruscant & The Hunt For Grievous Battle packs at Target, Winchester today (11/25). They also had Capture At The Droid Factory & Betrayal On Bespin Battle Packs but I passed on those. They had at least one AT-RT Battle Pack as well.

They had the Ultimate Hoth & Endor Battle Packs on and end cap. I passed on those for now because they're $50 a piece. I hope they stick around a little while until I can get one.

Reaction score

found the mcquarrie snowtrooper at Kohl's on G'town parkway yesterday (Nov. 28). they were 9.99, but on sale for about $8. There were two left after i picked up mine.

Found one McQuarrie Starkiller Hero (Leia) at collierville Target today. There's no more of her (that i could find), but they had tons of the awesome Hoth & Endor Battle Packs. They also had a few of the other seemingly more difficult to find figures from the newer waves (some of the expanded universe stuff. don't really remember the names but i think they were the ones from the KOTOR game?) & the yoda riding the animal.

I'm just thrilled to have almost caught up on the McQuarrie figs. I've been out of town for a month & hadn't really had time to shop at all. Then i snagged a vader on HTS.com & then came home & found these two within a day of each other. Seeing as this sub line was the only thing i was really determined to get this year, i'm very pleased (despite the deplorable distribution...) Now to just find the McRebel & the McHan....

Reaction score

ok, just checked the photo archive & C'ville target had all of wave 5. well, no more starkiller heroes (that i could find anyway) but when i left this evening there was still at least one of every other figure. good luck!

Reaction score

Stopped by the WM on Winchester after work today and saw a couple of the Destroyer Droids (didn't buy one, though I probably should have). Couldn't find any other Wave 8 figures, though they had quite a number of SL Biker Scouts along with TC-14 (which I did buy), RA-7, R4-I9, and a single Imperial Officer.

Reaction score

Target in Southaven had all of the exlusives last night. At least 4 of each, with the exception of the ARC-170. There was 1 left after I picked mine up. If you go down there looking for the TIE Bomber, they had 4 on the top shelf above where they keep the GI Joes. The other exclusives were on the end cap.