MEGO - Star Trek Reproductions

Reaction score
Anybody gonna get these? Based on what I've seen for far I'm really impressed and will definitely be getting the first two in the series. Should be interesting to see if the line does well enough to continue.

Reaction score
Re: MEGO Star Trek Reproductions

I'm going to be getting these for sure. I wish Hasbro would do a actual reproduction of some of the Star Wars figures rather than just the cards.

Reaction score

I think I'm going to pick these up as well. Anyone know how they'll be packaged or how they'll be distributed? I may just pick them up from Newforce.

Reaction score

I've been hoping for these since Star trek 2.0 ads sufaced on youtube

Reaction score

Very cool - I was hoping we'd get Bele. And the Vintage Playset? Had that as a kid - glad to see they're bringing that back. Don't know how much it'll cost but gotta have one.

Reaction score

Trev said:
Very cool - I was hoping we'd get Bele. And the Vintage Playset? Had that as a kid - glad to see they're bringing that back. Don't know how much it'll cost but gotta have one.
Actually the playset shown in the pics is a vintage one but they are considering reproducing it as well. I feel like if they do there will probably be some changes made to it, such as updated artwork.

Reaction score

I didn't see a picture of the playset where I could read the little card they had on top of it. Granted, I've not had tons of time to scour all the usual sites. If they're going to have the playset on display they should release it instead of just getting hopes up. I'd prefer they didn't update the artwork - keep it as it was.

Reaction score

Trev said:
I didn't see a picture of the playset where I could read the little card they had on top of it. Granted, I've not had tons of time to scour all the usual sites. If they're going to have the playset on display they should release it instead of just getting hopes up. I'd prefer they didn't update the artwork - keep it as it was.
They're talking about the line over at www.megomuseum.com and one reason why the company is reluctant to reissue the bridge playset is because the original was way overproduced which makes them fairly easy to find on ebay. If they changed some of the artwork but still kept a retro look, like with the new card backs, I think a reissued playset would sell fairly well.

Reaction score

I passed on all these, but then I saw Chekov. May have to pick them up after all.

Reaction score
Back in the late '70's, I was a small child & do remember getting some of the original Mego Star Trek figures, notably the Klingon - I may have had some other figures, as well. Enjoyed the detail, cloth outfits, etc. - these were extremely well-sculpted toys at the time - Bones even looked like DeForest Kelly! Never got that many, however, since I was obviously more into SW toys...

When the Mego ST Re-releases came out back in the 200X's, I looked them over but for whatever reason didn't get any at all - I was too involved in collecting SW & G.I. Joe: ARAH toys at the time. However, I did think it was cool that they were not only re-making older figures, but also figures that had never been made in the original line, i.e. the Gorn, Romulan, etc.

Now, I'm regretting not having gotten these. I just looked these retro ST figures up, and they're extremely expensive on the secondary market these days.

Hopefully these will be re-issued at some point, but I doubt it. Obviously, if you snooze you lose - I should have gotten these when they were out; I remember TRU & some comic stores were carrying them for reasonable prices...

Reaction score
Back in the late '70's, I was a small child & do remember getting some of the original Mego Star Trek figures, notably the Klingon - I may have had some other figures, as well. Enjoyed the detail, cloth outfits, etc. - these were extremely well-sculpted toys at the time - Bones even looked like DeForest Kelly! Never got that many, however, since I was obviously more into SW toys...

When the Mego ST Re-releases came out back in the 200X's, I looked them over but for whatever reason didn't get any at all - I was too involved in collecting SW & G.I. Joe: ARAH toys at the time. However, I did think it was cool that they were not only re-making older figures, but also figures that had never been made in the original line, i.e. the Gorn, Romulan, etc.

Now, I'm regretting not having gotten these. I just looked these retro ST figures up, and they're extremely expensive on the secondary market these days.

Hopefully these will be re-issued at some point, but I doubt it. Obviously, if you snooze you lose - I should have gotten these when they were out; I remember TRU & some comic stores were carrying them for reasonable prices...

Good News for you! They are getting reissued by Diamond Dist. Sold through Comic Book stores etc.