Mega Construx

Reaction score
I could have sworn there was a thread for Mega Construx somewhere but, try as I might, I couldn't find one. Anyway, I dabble in this line a bit. Mainly just the single figures from the Terminator and Alien franchise. Anyway, I came across this today at Walmart:

20200123_155842.jpg

Obviously, it's an egg from Aliens. Inside is a vacuum packed pouch full of slime with the pieces to assemble two Xenomorphs and a couple of face huggers embedded in the slime. I was shocked to see that they pretty much completely redesigned the Xenomorphs and they are really cool! They are also a little softer plastic this time around. The face huggers are pretty much the same sculpts but have a nicer "finish" to them. Looks like there may be 4 different color variations to the Xenomorph available if the packaging is any indication.

20200123_160915 (2).jpg

20200123_160948.jpg

I tried looking them up on the Mega Construx site and was pleasantly surprised to discover that they are doing X-Files figures now too!

Reaction score
I love Lego, but I do enjoy a Mega Construx set now and then - particularly the licenses that Lego doesn't get. IMO, Mega Construx had better concepts of where to go with the TMNT line, and I'm just waiting for the price on Castle Grayskull to come down just a little more. Can't wait to build that beast!

Reaction score
I picked up one of those eggs the other day. I got yellow slime, with grey and rust colored xeno's.

Reaction score
Dagnabbit - I bought two of those while on a business trip two weeks ago and completely forgot I had them. Still sitting in my car. Time to open those bad boys. Very cool. Some LV426 colony playsets would be fun as well.

Reaction score
I love the Mega Construx stuff but the distribution for anything but Halo and Pokemon is horrible. If they even show up at retail they're hardly stocked and the stuff that disappears shows up at discount stores month later. I'd really love to see them expand on some of the other properties they've touched on like: Futurama, Hellboy, Terminator and Aliens.

I've collected some of the TMNT stuff and the Heroes line (MOTU, Futurama, Hellboy, etc.).

Reaction score
True. The Game of Thrones seem to be pretty consistent now at Target. But nothing else. Though I don't look at HALO and the other properties. Really loved the Call of Duty sets.

Reaction score
My youngest has a ton of the Call of Duty and HALO sets as well as a few of their Assassin's Creed sets. I'm pretty impressed with most of their stuff. I just stick to the single figures myself and of those, just the Terminator and Aliens figures so far. If they did full on Aliens sets I would definitely jump on those! A drop ship or APC are right up their alley.

Reaction score
I got the exact set you did! With the silver slime and green and glow-in-the-dark Xenomorphs! I feel like they may be a bit pricey at ten bucks but it's still a fun one-off blind box to get. Blind egg.

Reaction score
I found Heroes series 5 at Five Below this weekend. Picked up Stratos, Donatello, Mulder and the Grey Alien. I'm bummed they were sold out of Scareglow so my hunt continues...

Reaction score
Good to know, I've been checking Walmarts for them...didn't know 5 Below carried them. Really want that Mulder and Grey Alien.

Reaction score
Good to know, I've been checking Walmarts for them...didn't know 5 Below carried them. Really want that Mulder and Grey Alien.
Yeah, Five Below gets a random wave here and there. Last I think they had either series 2 or 3 months after they disappeared from retail. It's nice for me because the 2 Walmarts I have easy access to don't stock any Mega Construx.

Reaction score
I actually surprisingly liked Mega Construx too. I picked up some of the classic Ninja Turtles cartoon sets and felt, really, they were very good quality. I love Lego, I REALLY DO, I've collected Lego all my life, but I've noticed this almost cultish brand loyalty to Lego from fans. It's really strange. Like certain brands are actually banned from being used in competitive MOC shows and stuff. Like...why? You so much as mention you bought any other type of building block set and they act like you're a betrayer and become chastised. I just think there's one major issue with Mega Construx....they always seem to do a half measure. Like I want an Aliens APC and Drop ship, more characters, just they could do so much more. Because I mean this is basically our only venue to get rated R properties in "Lego" form as Lego won't do that. Smaller or more retro properties too. I'd dig some retro 80's G.I. Joe now that they've done Masters and Classic Turtles. And honestly, much as I love the simplicity of the Lego minifigure, I've got to say...the Construx figures are also wicked cool. Have they done Predator yet? Seems logical since they dId Aliens and Terminator. OH MY GOD would I love Blade Runner and Starship Troopers. OMG ROBOCOP! Fifth Element! Universal Monsters (Lego basically unofficially did). Conan! I'd DIE for a The Thing set. Heck I think they could maybe even do Indiana Jones and LOTR now as I BELIEVE Lego is done with them. I mean Lego once did Ninja Turtles. I mean the potential IS there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol MysterioMaximus.

I had a bunch of the classic Turtle sets: Party Wagon, Krang, Some individual figures. I sold them off when I was doing a collecting re-focus, but they were a lot of fun. The quality of the minifigures were part of what sold me on them. The sets were nicely done too. I probably would have grabbed the technodrome before I bowed out, but that one was a little lackluster on the interior.

Reaction score
I noticed this Alien Queen toy on BBTS. I wonder if it scales with the Mega Construx stuff? It's a bit pricey, unfortunately.

Reaction score
I noticed this Alien Queen toy on BBTS. I wonder if it scales with the Mega Construx stuff? It's a bit pricey, unfortunately.
I actually just linked this to a buddy of mine. Albeit I was more ridiculing its sweet transformed mode...as a box. ;)

Reaction score
Just found these today at Walmart. I noticed these are branded as Mega Construx Black Series. $10 for each egg.

They are packed 6 in a case with 2 of each type in the case. If you look on the bottom there is a heat stamped code that will tell you what is inside. Look at the last 2 numbers in the code.

It's cool that the instructions are unique for each set that show the proper color of each figure. I just wish the parts were packed separately from the slime. I really wanted to keep the slime sealed. Now I have to open the slime pouch in order to dig out the figure parts. A nice touch was that the egg has a gasket seal. I hope it keeps the slime from drying out.

...76TC (Gray;Orange)
..77TC (Green; White)
...78TC (Red;Dark Green)

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for posting this! I was going to pick up another set, hoping for the gray/orange combo...now I know what to look for!

I forgot to mention the "Black Series" thing. I thought that was more than a little odd.

TBH, my kids and I actually kind of dug extracting the parts from the slime.

Reaction score
Lol MysterioMaximus.

I had a bunch of the classic Turtle sets: Party Wagon, Krang, Some individual figures. I sold them off when I was doing a collecting re-focus, but they were a lot of fun. The quality of the minifigures were part of what sold me on them. The sets were nicely done too. I probably would have grabbed the technodrome before I bowed out, but that one was a little lackluster on the interior.
Yeah they were really fun sets and had a shocking amount of figures. We got all four classic turtles, April, Splinter, and Casey (though never in color) for heroes and so many villains. I think they did foot, rock soldiers, krang, shredder, mousers, Baxter, bebop, rocksteady. I was really hoping they'd get into some of the old playmates toys, the real wacky ones. But it was a nice array of 80's classic TMNT. That Technodrome is MASSIVE. I wanted it so bad.

...but there was so much more they could have done. The line just like...disappeared...without an answer. The biggest regret for me was no recreation of the sewer playset.

Reaction score
Lol MysterioMaximus.

I actually have that Krang set too. Lucked out a a TRU and found it on clearance for something like 27 cents! No way I could pass that up. 😀 I always kicked myself for not grabbing the Party Wagon which now brings some $$$.

Reaction score
I really wish we could have gotten the Sewer Layer, Turtle Blimp, Transport module (those drill vehicles the villains used), a proper non black and white Casey Jones and some of the more important (but somewhat more minor) characters like Leatherhead (the alligator), Slash (the evil turtle), Rat King (homeless sewer looking mummy dude who controlled rats), and a Triceraton army builder pack. I'm just shocked we actually got Rock Soldiers.

Even more frustrating? They never did do an actual Aliens set, did they? Just figures. I mean the Power Loader with Queen, the APC tank, the Drop Ship, perhaps some of the lab and hive? Could totally do the Narcissus (escape pod) from the end of Alien too. Could even do Predators ship from the opening of the first or ending of the second. Seems like a wasted opportunity. Same with Terminator. I'd so buy a ground and aerial hunter-killer.

Heck, I'd buy ED-209 from Robocop with a Robocop. I'd buy a drop ship, countless army builder packs, and multiple bugs from Starship Troopers. I'd totally buy a Spinner from Bladerunner. I'd buy the flying taxi from Fifth Element.

Reaction score
No Alien related sets other than figures were created, BUT, this new series of Alien eggs is a good signal that they still have the license and further sets could be coming in the future.

My personal dream was to get a Planet Express ship to go with the lone Bender and Fry figures from Futurama.

Reaction score
I haven't bought any of the Aliens stuff, but I did pick up the Spock, Kirk and Borg Heroe's packs. Also nearly all the Masters of the Universe figures, aside from Scareglow. Dabbled in some of the TMNT stuff. Just now getting into Halo and CoD, which I hope to limit myself. There's soooooo many cool CoD sets, I could easily see myself dropping a ton of money there.

That said, I do agree there could be some improvements on how this line is handled. Mattel almost gets it almost perfect, then seems to forget what they were doing. Same can be said for Imaginext done by other Mattel branch Fisher-Price.

Reaction score
I got the Minimates APC, Power Loader, and Space Jockey sets when TRU was still around. Originally, my thought was to make some custom Lego Colonial Marine figures. Of course this is long before Mega Bloks did any Aliens figures. I also got several of the Minimates figure packs just for the Aliens, weapons, and accessories. It's a shame that the Minimates hands are not the same as Lego, so the weapon grips are not really compatible. Later, I got some BrickArms pulse rifles and flame throwers, helmets, and chest armor that I used to make some custom Colonial Marines. But, when Mega Construx did an actual Colonial Marine and Alien I made the switch in my display case.

I think the APC scales well with the Mega Construx Colonial Marines. I'll take a pic tonight and post it. I actually haven't taken the time to mess with the Power Loader. I'll try to dig it out and see if it works with them as well. Looks like you can still get the Power Loader set fairly easily, but the APC was a TRU exclusive in the US so that one might be a little harder to track down. Maybe eBay? 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
I saw both of these X Files ones today at FiveBelow. They had the whole case of wave 5 with the blue Alien and MOTU Stratos and Scareglow. Case was pretty picked over, but they were only $3.25 each.

Reaction score
Here's what I have in my Detolf at home. I forgot I had the Minimates Ripley in there driving. 😁 Hope one day I can replace it with a Mega Construx one. It scales pretty nicely because the Mega figures are smaller than Minimates, so much the better. You can almost stand them up inside and close the top, but not quite.

A word of caution: One of the weapon rack tabs snapped off when I was trying to put some weapons in there. My advice is just to not use it. You can't tell from the photo because I have the figure standing in front of the broken tab.

Reaction score
Very cool! I wish I had known about it back in the day, looks like they aren't available anywhere online now.

Reaction score
Here's the Minimates Power Loader I was talking about. It's kind of fragile and will fall apart if handled. You have to get it in whatever pose you want and leave it like that. Everything just pegs into place and doesn't pop in. It's not loose, but it's not tight either. As expected the Mega figures are smaller than Minimates, but I think it works out better scale-wise. The control sticks are not attached to anything. You just have to snap them in the hands, but as was mentioned the Minimates hands are designed to grip smaller handles. So, the hands are just very loosely placed in position. They'll fall out if you breath on it. You have to take the figure apart, pop the torso into the harness and attache the arms and legs back. Then the harness pegs into the main body. I need to find a regular soldier figure wearing fatigues with hair or maybe a cap to put in there. For now I just have a marine sans armor and helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well having had no luck at Five Belows in town, and now that they are closed, I ordered Mulder and the Grey Alien from Amazon. Really dig these little guys. I really, really hope they do a Scully to go along with Mulder. I also didn't know that Mulder came with the "I want to believe" poster...very cool!

20200411_191629 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Well, it's been a great week for Mega Construx! I must have missed the announcement on this wave, but I was shocked to find these two on the shelf at my local Walmart today!

20200413_205632 (2).jpg

Also in this wave are Borderlands 3 Claptrap, TMNT Raphael, and God of War. I also picked up a Claptrap for my son, as he is a big Borderlands fan. I feel like I should have been aware that these were coming, but then I also was caught by surprise with the X-Files figures too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Castle Grayskull after you build it. Still haven't pulled the trigger on that set.

Reaction score
Well, it's been a great week for Mega Construx! I must have missed the announcement on this wave, but I was shocked to find these two on the shelf at my local Walmart today!

View attachment 348786

Also in this wave are Borderlands 3 Claptrap, TMNT Raphael, and God of War. I also picked up a Claptrap for my son, as he is a big Borderlands fan. I feel like I should have been aware that these were coming, but then I also was caught by surprise with the X-Files figures too.
I wish I picked up the Call of Duty Blackhawk. Would have been a good "choppa" for Dutch.🤣 I do have the Little Bird though. Did MB ever do a proper Huey? I want to say they did, but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere on the interwebz.

Reaction score
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Castle Grayskull after you build it. Still haven't pulled the trigger on that set.
I will definitely post some pics and a review once I'm done. Been busy at home and finally cracked the box last night. It's going to take me a while but from everyone I know that has one, they say it's a fun build and the final product is really great.

Reaction score
I wish I picked up the Call of Duty Blackhawk. Would have been a good "choppa" for Dutch.🤣 I do have the Little Bird though. Did MB ever do a proper Huey? I want to say they did, but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere on the interwebz.
That's a great idea! They haven't made one that I've seen. That Blackhawk is as close as it's come and I saw someone customized it into a Huey: https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/community/gallery/bell-uh-1-huey-helicopter-custom-build