Meet-Ups

Reaction score
It's at 888 South Figueroa -- just over a quarter mile AKA three and a half blocks, from the convention center.

Reaction score
Well I'll be there from about Wednesday at 3pm until our flight leaves on Tuesday....so whenever will be fine for me for both Denny's and pictures

Reaction score
Valeda_Kor said:
The final shifts won't be until Monday. The convention doesn't end until Monday, May 28.
I'm talking about the final shift for Sunday..not the whole convention... that's when we were planning on taking the group photo after the autograph hall closes on Sunday, since a lot of people have to rush for flights etc, on monday.

Reaction score
Jentau said:
could we be in the hall after the final shift on Sunday for our group picture or would outside the hall still be best?
I won't know until closer to the convention, so hang on to that thought.

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
I do like the idea of finding a designated restuarant/eating place that we can call our ~Volunteer Meeting Place~. That way we can stop in at any point during the day (before/after shifts) during the entire SWCIV event.
*~Volunteer Meeting Place = Denny's~* Here we can get some chow with our fellow volunteers. Like Sithology_101 said we can stop in anytime before or after our shifts to eat with each other, share stories and other fun stuff during the whole celebration. It's not meant to be just a one time meeting but a continual place we can go anytime
! I just wanted to make sure there's no confusion
... because that would be bad!!

Reaction score
Jentau said:
I'm talking about the final shift for Sunday..not the whole convention... that's when we were planning on taking the group photo after the autograph hall closes on Sunday, since a lot of people have to rush for flights etc, on monday.
Got it, sorry, I misunderstood your initial post! Thanks for clarifying.

Reaction score
Well there is official Mixer in the works right now this might be the best place to do this.

Rebel Legion Mixer (formerly Rebel Legion Dinner)
Sunday, May 27 beginning at 6:00pm
Westin Bonaventure Hotel

Okay gang, here's the scoop:

The Good News: The Bonaventure has given us a very nice, affordable package and it includes a dance floor and a cash bar. The cost is $25 per person.

The Bad News: We need at least 100 people to commit to this.

Participation is open to friends, family, total strangers as long as they are accompanied by an RL member, Forum members, Jedi Assembly, FanForce, whomever. If we hit the number then we're good. If we don't hit the number then the cost will be more depending on how many sign up.

Once we look like we have our "guest list" assembled, I will post information for paying.

Please post your screenname, real name, and the number of people in your party.

Fan force CIV page about the meet up

For those who have special dietary needs, here is the menu:
*Asian Veggie Spring Roll
*Chicken Tenders
*Swedish Meatballs
*Mini Beef Burritos
*Chicken Quesadilla (chicken/melted cheese on folded flour tortilla)
*Mini Crab Cakes
*Seasonal Fruit Platter
*Veggie Platter

The bar is a "No Host" so you will have to pay for drinks; please don't faint at the prices because the bar needs to clear at least $500 - otherwise we pay the difference.
*soft drinks $4.25
*mineral water $4.50
*non-alcoholic beer $4.75
*domestic beer $5.00
*imported/micro-brew $5.50
*bar selections (cocktails) $6.25
*wine $6.50 per glass
*champagne $7.00

So just to reiterate, Please post your screenname, real name, and the number of people in your party.

If you're Rebel Legion, please only sign up here or on the Rebel Legion board once. No need to confuse the person keeping track of who's coming

Reaction score
Could you post the URL to the Rebel Legion sign up? I'd prefer you not take signups for the RL meet-up here. Thanks.

Reaction score
Shoot. I was gonna try to get the Sunday OPX shift until 7:30pm that day. Also, the food isn't very vegetarian friendly.
I don't wanna spend $25 on fruit and veggies
I need to eat! Hopefully, we can still get together on some morning at Denny's or after our shifts (or before) for pictures and such.
This idea sounds great for meat eaters though! ...and those who aren't busy at 6pm Sunday night. Thanks for the info but I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Reaction score
That's a lot for water...
...I also saw on one page somewhere that they've got a food court called something like "The Galaxy Court" maybe..i'll try and find the name.. inside the LACC.. so that would be cool to eat there during convention hours since we are Star Wars people after all.
I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere..

Reaction score
<font color="purple">Yes here..it says this

Galaxy Court
The Galaxy Cafe is located in the West Hall section of the Convention Center. The remodeled Galaxy Cafe will offer our most up to date restaurant concepts. The Sandwich Company Crisp, fresh salads Shanghai Express Asian Grill Cucina Rosso, Pizzas Gourmet Grill

Could be fun if you want to get together during the convention hours
</font>

Reaction score
Jentau said:
<font color="purple">Yes here..it says this

Galaxy Court
The Galaxy Cafe is located in the West Hall section of the Convention Center. The remodeled Galaxy Cafe will offer our most up to date restaurant concepts. The Sandwich Company Crisp, fresh salads Shanghai Express Asian Grill Cucina Rosso, Pizzas Gourmet Grill

Could be fun if you want to get together during the convention hours
</font>
Yum! Salads and Pizza.

Reaction score
I'm still trying to get caught up on the conversations, but I'm very interested in a get together. Even better at the Westin since that's where I'm staying. Sorry .. a little confused, nothing is set in stone yet for a greet and meet? or is it?

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it is a great idea, but about every single day and time slot has been approached and every time someone jumps in and says they cant that day or that time. So I say we just scrap this whole idea since it is gonna be impossible to get everyone together and thats the sad truth/

Reaction score
I think we'll wind up getting together. I mean, we can't all 300+ of us be busy on the same day/night. So it might just be a few of us together for breakfast but still I think that is good if we get to meet...even just a handful of us at a time. I'm not giving up on this! I know me and my sisters (that'll be 3 of us) will be up for Denny's breakfast like we mentioned earlier so that's at least a start.

Reaction score
<font color="purple">We're not looking to have any mandatory meet and greet session where everyone's gotta be there..Just some friendly conversation with whoever wants to get some chow before or after our volunteer shifts. I know we most likely won't be able to have everyone be at the same place at the same time but we just want a place to call our own so if we wanted to sit down with other awesome OPX volunteers we can.

For example.. it might be nice to eat at Denny's prior to the first shift on thursday.. The shift doesn't start until 11:30 but we need to make sure we're on time so 11:00 would be good to be there. So if we get to Denny's around what 8 o'clock that might be nice to eat with others that are excited to volunteer and meet our "People" that we're going to be spending the day with!!

or.. during convention hours.. maybe checking out that Galaxy Court to get some grub & hang out.. that might be a better alternative instead of walking to Denny's while the convention is still rockin..

If only like 5 people end up hanging out that'd still be worth it to me. But if other people don't want to do it then that's fine too, you don't have to. But i'm still going to do it!
Can't wait to meet everyone!</font>

Reaction score
<font color="purple">It's not hard to pick a place to eat at
A lot of people said Denny's would be good since it's on the way and open all the time ...so we picked Denny's...

If the example looked complicated then I'm sorry about that..you'd just want to make sure you have enough time to eat without rushing off to your shift...because that would be bad

and really the point is just to have a good time volunteering with everyone, share some stories and eat!!

If you want to do a fancy thing i'm all for that too but it's cool just to know that if you go to Denny's you'll probably run into some of your OPX Buddies and I like that idea!
</font>

Reaction score
Grab a bite to eat at Denny's....meet other fellow volunteers and chat for awhile.

It's not that complicated??

I'm sure it may be easier to spot each other and meetup after the first day....when we have our new ~volunteer~ t-shirts on. ( Thanks Anne! )

People might not want to sit and talk to you (or even get near you) if your jumping up and down yelling "I'm a SW volunteer"!!!

Less that a month...wooohooo!!

Reaction score
Yes that is true about the shirts!!
That will definately make things easier!! I think we might be able to swap our badges on wednesday so we'll probably have those as well..I wonder if we can get our shirts at that time too??

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Has anyone set up a date as of yet for the first official day (Thursday). I know my brother and i are interested in meeting at Dennys that morning
looking forwarding to meeting that morning.

Reaction score
I don't think we have anything set in stone but my sisters and I are (hopefully, if we get that shift) working Thursday morning so we might see you down there!

Reaction score
I signed up to work on Thursday also!! I think the first shift starts at 11:30 (it's a noon opening if I remember right) so I would guess anyone that has the first shift needs to be inside before then. As the day draws closer, we could set up a better time since I don't think I will have my orange shirt until I check in to work on Thursday.

Reaction score
How much time do you think we'll need ..just in general...to eat and still get down to the Autograph Hall for our shifts? Denny's seems to be pretty good about getting your stuff to you...

Reaction score
Just though I'd pop in to say:
May the Fourth be with you!

I am up for meeting at Denny's too... if I am not working.
Brandon

Reaction score
Someone should call Denny's and let them know to beef-up on their supplies!.....

I'll be there startin' Wed. morn' and every morn' after that.

Reaction score
<font color="purple">Only 7 more days for me!!!Then I'll be in LA!!
AWESOME!!!

Thursday morning at Denny's:

Our shift starts at 11:30 so if we get to the convention center at 11:00 would that be good? Does anyone have a suggested time that they would like to meet at? I was thinking around 8 (that might be too early but i always rather have more time than not enough
) What does everyone think? (Even if you're not scheduled to work the 1st shift please come and eat with us!
)</font>

Reaction score
where is the denny's? I'm working the 1st shift and would love to come to breakfast and get a chance to meet everyone.

Reaction score
Valeda_Kor said:
It's at 888 South Figueroa -- just over a quarter mile AKA three and a half blocks, from the convention center.
Here is the location that was posted in an earlier post.

Reaction score
There is orientation that thursday morning at 10:30 so we need to make sure we're at the autograph hall by then.. so did 8 sound good or 7:30? What do you think

Reaction score
Remember you had to have got your volunteer badge from me on Wednesday in order to come to the orientation.