Meet-Ups

Reaction score
If I will be walking to the convention center then I would be passing Denny's anyway so that would work out great.

Reaction score
any living in chicago land area going care to meet before we all head out to las fo rthe big weekend.
montie

Reaction score
Would anyone be adverse to taking a group shot say, Sunday Night after the autograph hall closes? (the Hall closes at 7 - maybe 730 -745?) We could host the picture/s on a place like photobucket and then do a list here Post C-4 - Say

Front Row, L-R

And so on - then People reply with their names?

Reaction score
I love the idea of a group photo on Sunday after 7 pm. I think is a wonderful way to have yet another souvenir from our OPX participation at CIV.

I'm also in for the Denny's thing. Since I'm from Chile, I'll love the idea of eating an american breakfast every morning! (and with a lot of people in costumes, it'd also be surreal...
)

See ya all in May!

Reaction score
Any breakfast place will work for me. The cheaper, the better. The picture sounds like fun too. I'm gonna try to get the last shift and I'll be around that Monday for a picture. Sounds good!

Reaction score
DarthBreezy, A Volunteer Meeting Place is a great idea. "You Bet A Group Shot Would Be GREAT to have, so I can remember all you super people!!!!" and Monday sounds o.k. to me, to take this group shot. I don't care when any of these ideas accure, I'll make the time to be there. Breakfast also sounds great too. On Wed. I'll be at the movie marathon. I'll be in LA until Tuesday, so anytime to "Meet and Greet" would be fine by me. Just tell me where and when and how much. Thanks for making this all happen. "Your The Best"
"Count Me In."

Reaction score
I REALLY would rather do it SUNDAY - Monday many people (myself included) have to catch a flight that night and will be scrambling...

Reaction score
I REALLY would rather do it SUNDAY - Monday many people (myself included) have to catch a flight that night and will be scrambling...

I'm with DarthBreezy on this one - my husband and I have a Monday afternoon flight, so Sunday would work best for us.

Reaction score
Sunday may also be a good day since (if) they have a fan club breakfast, opening ceremonies, movie marathons, etc will be over. Then most of us will have a little more free time to relax and grab a cup of coffee with everyone.

Reaction score
So from what I gather from everyone is that our Volunteer eating place will be DENNY'S and SUNDAY after the autograph hall closes to aim for a group volunteer photo. Yes?

Reaction score
Denny's sounds good to me. Sunday works for me too! I can hardly wait to meet with everyone.

Reaction score
As I said in the other thread - I'll find out if there is a place nearby where we can get massive amounts of prints in a short turn around.

I do have a tidly camera - maybe I'll invest in a disposable one for the shot?

ETA:

There is a one hour photo place in the mall next to the convention center... Let me see if they can handle such a big order...

Reaction score
May I suggest that you put photos on the web and have the ability for people to download them and print themselves. No need to kill yourself over getting copies and I guarantee you that organizing getting payment from everyone is setting yourself up for irritation. Y'all can post in this forum the links to pictures.

Reaction score
*face d'Oh* Of course!

The only problem I can fore see is "who can take the pic?" Unless someone had a tripod?

Reaction score
unfortunately Sunday is my sightseeing day and taking my cousin to a Dodgers game since he is letting me crash at his place for the weekend, so I won't be there for the photo, so hopefully you all can share the photos with everyone that won't be there!!
I am getting really excited about that weekend! can't wait to meet everyone

Reaction score
DarthBreezy said:
*face d'Oh* Of course!

The only problem I can fore see is "who can take the pic?" Unless someone had a tripod?
Sunday at Denny's is perfect. I think with all the business we will be giving Denny's....I'm sure we could persuade/find one of the servers who would love to do it...

See you at CIV!!!!!

Reaction score
Jentau said:
It doesn't have to be anything fancy you know.. just breakfast somewhere before the first shift starts.. so we could just find a place that's close and have some chow and then off to work
we could call it our breakfast place or something. I don't know the area but i'm sure there's gotta be someplace close that doesn't cost an arm and a leg..
Thanks Jentau for setting us on the right path!

Reaction score
Is there anyway we can do this on Saturday morning/evening. I fly out on Sunday morning. Early too.

Reaction score
I'm sure no one would be opposed to taking another picture... all you need to do is be like.."everyone over here for a quick picture! I won't be here Sunday
" If you're leaving sunday then you should have a chance for the picture too!

Reaction score
I tell ya - we're almost at the "Daily shift pic!"

If you arrive for your shift 10-20 minutes early, perhaps a couple group snaps? <font color="red"> Alternately, I would be MORE than happy to assemble a collage in Photoshop after the event which might be the very best thing since we're all so tight on time. Get pics from breakfast, candid pics, group pics... Then I'll number each 'scene', people can identify themselves, and the final high res image will be available to either download or print.

Would that work for everyone? </font>

ETA - it would either be available by e-mail or Photobucket or the like - probably e-mail is best as I think PB charges to make prints and has a bandwidth limit, that's something I'll look into.

Reaction score
I would ask that you not congregate in the autograph hall early before your shifts for group photos. Outside the hall is fine.

Reaction score
a cheap plce will be nice....I love dennys. here in Puerto Rico I always try to go to dennys once a week :p

Reaction score
I will definately go for Dennys. A group pic on Sunday looks like a plan too.
cj

Reaction score
Anne said:
I would ask that you not congregate in the autograph hall early before your shifts for group photos. Outside the hall is fine.
could we be in the hall after the final shift on Sunday for our group picture or would outside the hall still be best?

Reaction score
The final shifts won't be until Monday. The convention doesn't end until Monday, May 28.

Reaction score
I would be up for breakfast anyday and the photo on Saturday night or Sunday night.