MECCANO to TRILOGO: The BOOK !

Reaction score
Greetings to all fellow collectors.

I’ve been collecting for quite a while now and those who know me are aware of my interest for the European (Trilogo) and French (Meccano) markets. I came slowly to own a full set of Trilogo carded figures (including early variants), as well as Meccano and Bilogo ROTJ vehicles/playsets (some of you might already have seen my limelights on this board).

During all those years I also accumulated quite an exhaustive quantity of toys related materials like retailer catalogs, magazines, in-pack catalogs etc… and I also managed very early to keep track of all the items I had or seen in a photographic database for future reference.

As other before me, I noticed that only little information was available about Trilogos and close to none about Meccanos, despite a real demand from collectors, casual or confirmed. Although Kenner toys have been covered extensively in many different books, European items remain undocumented.

A book (in English) looked like the best way to share the best amount of information and provide a strong photographic base, all in a single reference . In early 2006, I took upon me to get that work done.

This book is now on the point to be released. It is dedicated to Star Wars action figure toys, from the illusive Meccano line, by the French licensee in 1978, to the European Trilogo line that was available until 1986.

It features the most extensive coverage ever published about both lines with the whole collection presented for the first time, information and photography plus other printed material (retailer / in-pack catalogs, advertisements, sweepstakes, toys instruction sheets...),

More than 500 illustrated and explained pictures within 144 full color A4-scale pages.

The book design is inspired from vintage retailer catalogs, from a collector to collectors, professionally printed (offset), made of quality paper, with quality pictures, many scanned documents and detailed information.

You can get more information, see sample pages, from the website I have set-up at http://www.meccano2trilogo.com. Shipping, in a well protected envelope, is expected to start in October 2006. Pre-orders will be available soon.

Do not hesitate to contact me for any information.

Reaction score
Congrats on finishing the book. Let us know when it is available.

Reaction score
I want one to, perfect complement to Kellermans.

How do you plat to do this, I bet there will be quite a few peopele here that will buy that book?

Reaction score
Wow Stephane
I cant wait until I can order a copy, it looks terrific.
From the sample pages it truly looks like you've catched the true vintage feeling

I think the price is great too so I really hope it will be a best-seller.

Mattias

Reaction score
Hi Guyz. Thanks for your feedback and for your support emails

The book will be available in october and I expect to accept pre-orders once the printing will be launched, in 2-3 weeks.

Yes, I really tried to capture the meccano vintage retailer catalog feeling and the page layout is partly inspired from the 1986 catalog. It should be great to be stored aside your vintage catalog collections :)

Reaction score
I'll definately be ordering a copy. Looks like a great reference and I love the design.

Ste

Reaction score
Wow, you put all the data together just in this year?? That is impressive. I look forward to seeing it's release.

Maybe a few of us Aussie boys should get together and do a book on the Toltoys releases

Once again great work Stephane

Reaction score
This is just what the community needs! You should produce one in French as well, so that I can use it when I teach French.

If you need any idomatic help from French to English, let me know. Though, your English is perfect. Can't wait!

Reaction score
chiquetaba said:
A book (in English) looked like the best way to share the best amount of information and provide a strong photographic base, all in a single reference

This book is now on the point to be released. It is dedicated to Star Wars action figure toys, from the illusive Meccano line, by the French licensee in 1978, to the European Trilogo line that was available until 1986.

It features the most extensive coverage ever published about both lines with the whole collection presented for the first time, information and photography plus other printed material (retailer / in-pack catalogs, advertisements, sweepstakes, toys instruction sheets...),

More than 500 illustrated and explained pictures within 144 full color A4-scale pages.

The book design is inspired from vintage retailer catalogs, from a collector to collectors, professionally printed (offset), made of quality paper, with quality pictures, many scanned documents and detailed information.

Shipping, in a well protected envelope, is expected to start in October 2006. Pre-orders will be available soon.

Ok Stephane, I'm looking forward to acquire your "More than 500 illustrated and explained pictures within 144 full color A4-scale pages" book on French to European Vintage Star Wars Action Figure Toys to my library. Waiting for your announcements on taking orders from Rebel Scum forum members!

Your book (please be sure to authograph my copy
) will make a great addition alongside these prized Pictorial Reference Books in my Vintage Star Wars Action Figure Toy Book Library :

John Kellerman's well researched and documented STAR WARS VINTAGE ACTION FIGURES : A Guide For Collectors

STAR WARS ACTION FIGURE DATA BASE Vol. 1 (1978-1985)
published by Hobby Japan and released recently on March 2006 :

Reaction score
I remember when I first became a member of these forums, I saw the post with your complete set of Tri-Logos. It was really impressive and I thought to myself how cool would it be if someone wrote a book on these and other foreign vintage toys. I am thrilled about this new book and I can't wait to get one. It will be an excellent resource to add with the other existing books.
Rock on!

Rick

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Books on foreign vintage Star Wars toys has been severly lacking. I am happy to see this one come out and look forward to adding it to the library. I will definitely be placing an order for one.

Mike

Reaction score
Stephane,
I'm definitely be interested. It looks great. We'll probably do a group order since there are a few of here in Edmonton.
-Ryan

Reaction score
I had no time this week-end to reply and Thank you all for your support and feedbacks !

Brody_Walker said:
Wow, you put all the data together just in this year?? That is impressive. I look forward to seeing it's release.
Reply to Brody: no I didn't put that material in just a year, it took me 6 months to actually write the book, but I've been taking pictures, scanning and gathering information since many years now.

Do not hesitate to spread the word because I think many collectors out there don't read the forums as we do

As a reply to some questions, I can arrange multiple orders to save on shipping cost, but we'll see that once pre-orders will be open.

I also plan to sign the book to anyone who request it and maybe to hand-number the first 500 copies.

Reaction score
Well I would not turn down a chance to have a copy of this book aswell signed, would look nice sitting next to my book signed by john kellerman

Reaction score
Sweet - this is a definite must-get for me. Look forward to when the pre-ordering is available, it looks fantastic.

Reaction score
Hi. I dig up that post to let you know that the book printing process is on its way and that preorders will start soon, mostly next week.

I also wanted to add that the book will not be only a "photography bible" of all the meccano and trilogo items & documents, you will discover and learn many things inside it
like the story behind the infamous cardboard diorama, the figures really available on square cards with years and all the front and backs variations explained, why the meccano production seems so hazardous, what is an early Trilogo card and how to spot them etc, etc...

HWR

Reaction score
I would like my name to be on the pre-order list too. And I would like my copy signed if possible.

-Henrik