McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue

Reaction score
Congrats on your new acquisition.

I certainly hope that at some point they decide on making Luke. It would be perfect to go alongside the Vader statue. The McQuarrie set (Vader, Fett and Stormtrooper) are my favorite statues in my collection ...well, the Mythos Obi-Wan, too. :)
Thanks LightSword! I would also love to see a Starkiller (which would be the perfect compliment to the Vader) and the McQ Snowtrooper, my personal favorite design of his. Let us have those two and I would be satisfied with the line.

I will say I do kick myself for not getting the Mythos Fett when I had the chance to order it. Secondary prices are insane for that piece now.

Reaction score
Thanks LightSword! I would also love to see a Starkiller (which would be the perfect compliment to the Vader) and the McQ Snowtrooper, my personal favorite design of his. Let us have those two and I would be satisfied with the line.

I will say I do kick myself for not getting the Mythos Fett when I had the chance to order it. Secondary prices are insane for that piece now.
Funny you said that. That's exactly how I feel about not getting the Fett. Now prices are too high for what I'm willing to pay. That was another great line that should had been kept alive.

Reaction score
Maybe they’ll bring that line back , since they just made a Mythos obi wan recently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Funny you said that. That's exactly how I feel about not getting the Fett. Now prices are too high for what I'm willing to pay. That was another great line that should had been kept alive.
Agreed on both accounts. I also don't understand why the Mythos statue line ended (I know the 12" figures are still being produced for that theme). Gentle Giant at least for example get that McQuarrie items are ALWAYS going to be popular and to this day release a McQ bust a year. It just makes sense. Not sure why SS stop popular lines knowing that SW fans are the most passionate and spend the most (especially on OT characters).

Also, not sure why my photos aren't always showing but here it is again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agreed on both accounts. I also don't understand why the Mythos statue line ended (I know the 12" figures are still being produced for that theme). Gentle Giant at least for example get that McQuarrie items are ALWAYS going to be popular and to this day release a McQ bust a year. It just makes sense. Not sure why SS stop popular lines knowing that SW fans are the most passionate and spend the most (especially on OT characters).

Also, not sure why my photos aren't always showing but here it is again.
Nice display. Those three statues are awesome. I'm so glad there are collectors that truly value the artistic talent that Ralph McQuarrie was, as well as his legacy in film history. George had the idea of this far way galaxy, but it was through McQuarrie's eyes and talent he got to visualize it and the rest of the world as well.

As for Gentle Giant producing a McQuarrie mini busts each year, that is something I give them a lot of credit for. That said, nowadays there seems to be a few uneducated folks in the art that McQuarrie offered, posting unappreciative comments about his work and putting it down. In some cases they ask for the McQuarrie mini bust line to end: "Not much more to make"- they say. "They look anything like Star Wars but space stuff"- they claim, They go around suggesting substitutes for the line. I just shake my head to this kind of diminishing rhetoric towards such talented person. So, with that in mind, I'm hopeful that GG takes McQuarrie's work under account with the utmost value it deserves, and continues producing his work for years to come, despite such trolling comments. But again, as far as statues by SS go, at least we should get a Starkiller made.

This is how I'm displaying mine:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice display. Those three statues are awesome. I'm so glad there are collectors that truly value the artistic talent that Ralph McQuarrie was, as well as his legacy in film history. George had the idea of this far way galaxy, but it was through McQuarrie's eyes and talent he got to visualize it and the rest of the world as well.

As for Gentle Giant producing a McQuarrie mini busts each year, that is something I give them a lot of credit for. That said, nowadays there seems to be a few uneducated folks in the art that McQuarrie offered, posting unappreciative comments about his work and putting it down. In some cases they ask for the McQuarrie mini bust line to end: "Not much more to make"- they say. "They look anything like Star Wars but space stuff"- they claim, They go around suggesting substitutes for the line. I just shake my head to this kind of diminishing rhetoric towards such talented person. So, with that in mind, I'm hopeful that GG takes McQuarrie's work under account with the utmost value it deserves, and continues producing his work for years to come, despite such trolling comments. But again, as far as statues by SS go, at least we should get a Starkiller made.

This is how I'm displaying mine:
Before I got the Vader, I had the statues displayed like this with the McQuarrie Artbooks (and yes the books are open, I just leave the plastic on the rest of it because I am OCD:

I also own a couple of the GG mini busts for McQ as well. I used to own more, but the Stormtrooper, Fett and Vader seemed redundant once I got the SS statues so I did sale those. But I still have McQ Snowtrooper and Han busts, plus whatever one they release this year.

You also are correct, without Ralph Mcquarrie there is no Star Wars. Irony is many of his designs I find superior to the final filmed versions. I remember when I was a kid I used to love seeing his art in magazines before ESB came out, or on cards and stickers. I always was fascinated by these "different interpretations" of Star Wars that I as a child didn't realize were production art. I remember as a teenager seeing them in SW OT books and then truly appreciating how incredible his talent was.

His work should always be revered. My biggest regret is when I got out of collecting SW a couple years ago during my Divorce (I am now remarried) I sold off a Boba Fett prototype signed McQ piece. I could kick myself over that. Around the same time I didn't get the Fett Mythos statue either LOL.

Lastly, not only is your McQuarrie collection awesome (especially that Vader bust and the Koto piece) but I love your display room! Great pieces!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Before I got the Vader, I had the statues displayed like this with the McQuarrie Artbooks (and yes the books are open, I just leave the plastic on the rest of it because I am OCD:

I also own a couple of the GG mini busts for McQ as well. I used to own more, but the Stormtrooper, Fett and Vader seemed redundant once I got the SS statues so I did sale those. But I still have McQ Snowtrooper and Han busts, plus whatever one they release this year.

You also are correct, without Ralph Mcquarrie there is no Star Wars. Irony is many of his designs I find superior to the final filmed versions. I remember when I was a kid I used to love seeing his art in magazines before ESB came out, or on cards and stickers. I always was fascinated by these "different interpretations" of Star Wars that I as a child didn't realize were production art. I remember as a teenager seeing them in SW OT books and then truly appreciating how incredible his talent was.

His work should always be revered. My biggest regret is when I got out of collecting SW a couple years ago during my Divorce (I am now remarried) I sold off a Boba Fett prototype signed McQ piece. I could kick myself over that. Around the same time I didn't get the Fett Mythos statue either LOL.

Lastly, not only is your McQuarrie collection awesome (especially that Vader bust and the Koto piece) but I love your display room! Great pieces!!
I have felt exactly the same way as you about McQuarrie's work. Indeed some of his work should have been transferred to the screen exactly as he drew it. Incredible talent , indeed.

It's sad you sold your McQuarrie signed prototype piece, but if it was to get yourself in a better position due to your divorce, then it was worth the loss. The good thing is that you are now remarried and can look forward to better experiences. congrats on your marriage, by the way!

Lastly, thank you for your kind words about my display room. It is my hibernating cave, where the rest of the world vanishes, and I'm suddenly entered into one I can completely control to my desires. It's been said : "A man's home is his castle, but his man-cave is his sanctuary" I'm sure many of us feel that way. :)

Reaction score
I have felt exactly the same way as you about McQuarrie's work. Indeed some of his work should have been transferred to the screen exactly as he drew it. Incredible talent , indeed.

It's sad you sold your McQuarrie signed prototype piece, but if it was to get yourself in a better position due to your divorce, then it was worth the loss. The good thing is that you are now remarried and can look forward to better experiences. congrats on your marriage, by the way!

Lastly, thank you for your kind words about my display room. It is my hibernating cave, where the rest of the world vanishes, and I'm suddenly entered into one I can completely control to my desires. It's been said : "A man's home is his castle, but his man-cave is his sanctuary" I'm sure many of us feel that way. :)
Thanks, at the time McQuarrie was still alive and though I got a decent price for it which did help with paying her alimony while separated (which I thankfully did not have to do once the Divorce was settled) it sucked. It actually really stings now as he has passed on and I'll never touch that piece again for anywhere near what I paid for it. Add on my love and appreciation has only grown for McQ as an artist the older I get and it was a rough piece to lose.

I'm very happy with my wife now, I even say if I had met her first she would of been my only wife but what can you do LOL?

My wife calls my room my sanctuary too or my "special place" where I literally shut the door and relax. We all need that for sure!

Reaction score
Added the exclusive Boba Fett for an unreal price yesterday. Debating keeping the original non exclusive to display with my other McQ pieces and displaying the exclusive with my other Fett pieces, or possibly selling the regular. Have to think about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats!The Fett statue is an awesome piece, and having the exclusive now, you can choose two different helmets thus, more display options. Happy to know you've got a good deal on it.

Reaction score
Thanks! Yes I should of probably not gotten another one but the deal and the fact this was the version I always wanted made it too hard to pass on.