McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue

Reaction score
shipped mine back yesterday. Will be getting a new one. Unfortunately, I will have a different number, most likely a higher number, but that does not bother me.
Paint on right knee was bad. Like it was packed while the paint was still tacky. Left a large, noticeable imprint. As well as a scuff on the front of the exclusive helmet.
I will post pics later on this evening. I have to convert them from my computer to photobucket before I can post here.

Reaction score
shipped mine back yesterday. Will be getting a new one. Unfortunately, I will have a different number, most likely a higher number, but that does not bother me.
Paint on right knee was bad. Like it was packed while the paint was still tacky. Left a large, noticeable imprint. As well as a scuff on the front of the exclusive helmet.
I will post pics later on this evening. I have to convert them from my computer to photobucket before I can post here.
That sucks to hear, sorry about that!

BTW, do you have Tapatalk? It's super easy to post pics with that... no more going to Photobucket and going back and forth pasting links! Just click on the photo icon when typing your response, click on the picture you want to post and BAM!, there you go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news costell2. Thanks for posting the pics. I need to inspect mine to make sure it is okay. Glad you are getting a replacement.

Reaction score
I hope you get a replacement soon, costell2. It sucks when we receive an item that has some sort of imperfection.

Thanks lightsword...
Your welcome. It's incredible seeing the potential eFX has to create pieces of the magnitude of the McQuarrie Vader helmet that they've become so slooooow wth their releases, hence the Scout Trooper helmet, and the Y-Wing. But yeah, the statue and helmet together are like a match made in Heaven. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news costell2. Thanks for posting the pics. I need to inspect mine to make sure it is okay. Glad you are getting a replacement.
Ditto minus the I need to inspect mine part since I wasn't able to get one. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I received my exclusive McQuarrie Vader sample ( number 181) a couple of days ago. No issues with it, just a great looking piece which I'm proud to display in my collection. Here's my picture review of Sideshow Collectibles rendition of McQuarrie's conceptual Darth Vader ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Truly amazing LightSword!! Can you tell us more about the lightsaber you have under the new Vader statue?

Reaction score
Thank you for all your kind comments guys! :)

... Can you tell us more about the lightsaber you have under the new Vader statue?
Glad to do it :)

The hilt was built by Ox Works (Janne) in Finland. You can find him on Facebook here. It can be disassembled into various layouts, has a middle joint that allows for a "reveal construction". It was designed to hold a blade however, since I just wanted it as a display unit, Janne was kind enough to add an activation switch and machined a blade plug for me, so there wasn't an empty hole in the emitter. All machined aluminum construction, and has a good weight to it. It was a mini run he produced and I bought the last one he had, however, if anyone is interested, there's the possibility he will do another run on the first or second quarter of next year. I've also suggested to him to make a McQuarrie Vader version. I think if he gets enough requests that could happen. This is my first McQuarrie based Luke Lightsaber version. I'm looking into getting other versions of the Luke saber (and any other characters) based on McQuarrie's concept designs. Here are pictures of the hilt ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very cool set up LS. Thanks for the awesome photo review.

I really like the saber. Thanks for the link, I will check that out.

Reaction score
Agreed, thank you for the saber details. Looking forward to finding out more about concept sabers, much appreciated!!

I would certainly be interested in a McQuarrie Vader version, if that could be pulled together.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words, guys. I appreciate your feedback. I'll stay in touch with Janne and direct him here so he can see there's interest for the Vader hilt. Also you can post in his Facebook page and suggest to him the building of the McQuarrie Vader hilt.

* Looking forward to the announcement by SS of their next McQuarrie piece. Let it happen, SS! I'm so thankful they are creating these pieces for those of us that appreciate such great conceptual work by such influential artist. :)

Reaction score
I hate to bring it up here since no one seems to notice til I point it out. But has anyone else noticed that the exclusive head, as beautiful as it is, has an uneven dome? Screen left side is convex and screen right is concave. The prototype is concave from the front view on both sides being perfectly symmetrical but the final product I not even. According to the returns manager at sideshow, the symmetrical dome is intentional -- it obviously a QC issue and sideshow wont own up to it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know this is not the thread for it, but if you are an early Star Wars designs collector as well as a McQuarrie one, which I'm sure most of us posting here are, I like to recommend this statue offered by the Disney Store and Disney Parks, based on the famous Hildebrandt 1977 movie poster, which celebrates the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. While the price is a bit steep at $250.00 at the Disney Store, chances are you'll be able to find it for less on Ebay, and at Disney parks for $150.00

Here's my take on the statue...

Reaction score
Good shout out LS. I did want to get this and when I saw the $250 price tag I was not sure. But if I can pick it up on eBay for around the price you mention, I will.

Reaction score
Good shout out LS. I did want to get this and when I saw the $250 price tag I was not sure. But if I can pick it up on eBay for around the price you mention, I will.
Thanks, spudmanski. What's interesting is that, as I've found out through another member here, Disney sells it at the Parks for $150.00 but then charges $100.00 at their stores in the malls.

*If anyone is interested in seeing detailed pictures of this great looking statue, I worked on a picture review here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome set up Spudmanski, and a show of great taste in your choice of collectibles. Awesome seeing the love for McQuarrie themed items!

Reaction score
I had this posted in the Gentle Giant section, but I figure it fits here as well:

This being a McQuarrie themed thread due to the statue being discussed, I'd like to point out to another Ralph McQuarrie themed item I picked up recently for retail price, which I think for McQuarrie collectors would be a nice item to own. This is the 150-piece limited edition and Celebration 2017 exclusive McQuarrie playing card deck by Cartamundi. Although long sold out, they do appear on Ebay sometimes, thus the secondary market is the best way to find one now. The deck is beautifully encased in a wooden custom box, engraved with the image of Deak Starkiller as drawn by McQuarrie. I think the card deck displays rather well next to the McQuarrie mini bust of the character. If you are interested in seeing more pictures, I posted a picture review here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.

LS, I have a great deal of respect and vision of McQuarrie. Great that the companies are producing statues, busts and props that reflect his designs.

I missed the Cartamundi cards, so now on the hunt for them. I did find the four Celebration aces, so thanks for the heads ups.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.

LS, I have a great deal of respect and vision of McQuarrie. Great that the companies are producing statues, busts and props that reflect his designs.

I missed the Cartamundi cards, so now on the hunt for them. I did find the four Celebration aces, so thanks for the heads ups.
You are welcome. Happy to know you have such high level of respect for this visionary artist. I'm always pleased to know McQuarrie fans. I missed on the Cartamundi McQuarrie deck of playing cards while at Celebration. At the time I was more into getting to the McQuarrie Han Solo bust by GG, and I had no idea this deck was being offered there. It wasn't until the day after I'd left the convention that I was looking on Ebay for Celebration exclusives, and I noticed two of these decks had been sold. I looked and looked regularly for another deck until recently one popped up, made a deal with the seller and got it for retail price plus shipping. It was listed as a "McGuire" deck of cards, so if you are looking for one on Ebay, try looking for it with a misspelled name as well. Very nice of Cartamundi to have come up with all this attention to McQuarrie as part of celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars.

Let's hope there's more McQuarrie product coming from SS, GG, and other companies. As for now I'm awaiting the arrival of a McQuarrie Darth Vader mini helmet by WonderGarage. It is made in the same scale as the Riddell and MR of the past and only 40 of them being produced. This one will go perfect with the McQuarrie mini busts in my collection and as part of the McQuarrie display area. One day I hope to get to the 1:1 McQuarrie Darth Vader helmet by eFX like yours. That's a beauty! If only I had the room for that piece!

Reaction score
*Since Photobucket.com, the "free" image hosting website I've been using for the last 12 years to host my pictures for this website has changed image policy without previous notice and now wants $400.00 a year for a subscription to host images, and since they have blocked the view of over 1,000 pictures I've done for this site, I've chosen a different image hosting site and I'm re-posting my latest image additions in an effort to have the images recorded for reference. Thank you for your understanding

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know this is not the thread for it, but if you are an early Star Wars designs collector as well as a McQuarrie one, which I'm sure most of us posting here are, I like to recommend this statue offered by the Disney Store and Disney Parks, based on the famous Hildebrandt 1977 movie poster, which celebrates the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. While the price is a bit steep at $250.00 at the Disney Store, chances are you'll be able to find it for less on Ebay, and at Disney parks for $150.00

Here's my take on the statue...

Thanks, spudmanski. What's interesting is that, as I've found out through another member here, Disney sells it at the Parks for $150.00 but then charges $100.00 at their stores in the malls.

*If anyone is interested in seeing detailed pictures of this great looking statue, I worked on a picture review here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I had this posted in the Gentle Giant section, but I figure it fits here as well:

This being a McQuarrie themed thread due to the statue being discussed, I'd like to point out to another Ralph McQuarrie themed item I picked up recently for retail price, which I think for McQuarrie collectors would be a nice item to own. This is the 150-piece limited edition and Celebration 2017 exclusive McQuarrie playing card deck by Cartamundi. Although long sold out, they do appear on Ebay sometimes, thus the secondary market is the best way to find one now. The deck is beautifully encased in a wooden custom box, engraved with the image of Deak Starkiller as drawn by McQuarrie. I think the card deck displays rather well next to the McQuarrie mini bust of the character. If you are interested in seeing more pictures, I posted a picture review. Scroll down the page here.

Thanks for the comments.

You are welcome. Happy to know you have such high level of respect for this visionary artist. I'm always pleased to know McQuarrie fans. I missed on the Cartamundi McQuarrie deck of playing cards while at Celebration. At the time I was more into getting to the McQuarrie Han Solo bust by GG, and I had no idea this deck was being offered there. It wasn't until the day after I'd left the convention that I was looking on Ebay for Celebration exclusives, and I noticed two of these decks had been sold. I looked and looked regularly for another deck until recently one popped up, made a deal with the seller and got it for retail price plus shipping. It was listed as a "McGuire" deck of cards, so if you are looking for one on Ebay, try looking for it with a misspelled name as well. Very nice of Cartamundi to have come up with all this attention to McQuarrie as part of celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars.

Let's hope there's more McQuarrie product coming from SS, GG, and other companies. As for now I'm awaiting the arrival of a McQuarrie Darth Vader mini helmet by WonderGarage. It is made in the same scale as the Riddell and MR of the past and only 40 of them being produced. This one will go perfect with the McQuarrie mini busts in my collection and as part of the McQuarrie display area. One day I hope to get to the 1:1 McQuarrie Darth Vader helmet by eFX like yours. That's a beauty! If only I had the room for that piece!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bringing back the pictures of the McQuarrie Darth Vader statue that Photobucket blocked ...

I received my exclusive McQuarrie Vader sample ( number 181) a couple of days ago. No issues with it, just a great looking piece which I'm proud to display in my collection. Here's my picture review of Sideshow Collectibles rendition of McQuarrie's conceptual Darth Vader ...

Reaction score
I've just received another Ralph McQuarrie concept Darth Vader collectible. This is a .45 scale helmet by WonderGarage commemorating the 40th anniversary of Star Wars and honoring its greatest artist. You can find the whole picture review here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just got my Exclusive Vader today after a long search for the right price to go with my Fett and Stormtrooper (regular) McQuarries. I love this line, a shame it doesn't seem to be continuing.

Reaction score
Congrats on your new acquisition.

I certainly hope that at some point they decide on making Luke. It would be perfect to go alongside the Vader statue. The McQuarrie set (Vader, Fett and Stormtrooper) are my favorite statues in my collection ...well, the Mythos Obi-Wan, too. :)

Reaction score
I certainly hope that at some point they decide on making Luke. It would be perfect to go alongside the Vader statue. The McQuarrie set (Vader, Fett and Stormtrooper) are my favorite statues in my collection ...well, the Mythos Obi-Wan, too. :)
I agree completely LightSword, would love to see SSC finish this up with a matching Luke!!

Also, looking at all these pics again makes me regret that I never found a set of the Cartamundi Celebration McQuarrie cards :(

Reaction score
I agree completely LightSword, would love to see SSC finish this up with a matching Luke!!

Also, looking at all these pics again makes me regret that I never found a set of the Cartamundi Celebration McQuarrie cards :(
Agree. I would be happy with the line ending by offering a Luke statue. I think they would go out with a bang if they ever do this. Right now it feels like one of those TV series they cancel without giving the viewer an end to it.

The Cartamundi deck is very hard to find. Sometimes I like looking at Ebay auctions of items I have, and see how often they come up for bids. Since I bought my deck early last year, I've only seen it on Ebay once. The four free McQuarrie cards (one for each day of the convention), do show up with regularity, but again, the deck seems to be a rare collectible. Just keep an eye on Ebay, as you never know if someone will sell one at some point. I'm wondering if Cartamundi, due to the success the deck had, will have another McQuarrie card deck for next year's Celebration, or reissue this one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Cartamundi deck is very hard to find. Sometimes I like looking at Ebay auctions of items I have, and see how often they come up for bids. Since I bought my deck early last year, I've only seen it on Ebay once. The four free McQuarrie cards (one for each day of the convention), do show up with regularity, but again, the deck seems to be a rare collectible. Just keep an eye on Ebay, as you never know if someone will sell one at some point. I'm wondering if Cartamundi, due to the success the deck had, will have another McQuarrie card deck for next year's Celebration, or reissue this one.
Thanks for the feedback. Please be sure to let me know if you ever happen to see a Cartamundi for sale, even on EBay :)