McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue

Reaction score
Yikes, I hope I did not miss out on this. Just jumped on the Wait List now for the exclusive.

Reaction score
We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in May - Jun 2017.

We apologize that this date has been modified but we look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives.

If you need to update any information on your order, you can do so easily through your online account.

Still looking forward to it...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dang! I was really looking forward to getting the statue this month. Got a new display table for it and all. Oh, well. On the upside I'll have more funds available for Celebration .

Reaction score
That sucks to hear for those of you that want this. Hopefully the delay won't be too long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just watched the live video stream on facebook & got the Sideshow rep to show my the Vader statue..., looks cool. :)
I went straight to see Sideshow area at Celebration to look at the McVader statue as it was/is one of my most anticipated purchases this year. Unfortunately I lost the SD card with the pictures of it I took. I can tell you I was impressed. That is going to look fantastic flanked by the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett. I'm sure you'll love it. I just wanted to buy it from Sideshow right there and then. :) The guy that does the TV show 'Toy Hunter" was there filming it. I had to move out of their way so they could go around with their cameras.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went straight to see Sideshow area at Celebration to look at the McVader statue as it was/is one of my most anticipated purchases this year. Unfortunately I lost the SD card with the pictures of it I took. I can tell you I was impressed. That is going to look fantastic flanked by the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett. I'm sure you'll love it. I just wanted to buy it from Sideshow right there and then. :) The guy that does the TV show 'Toy Hunter" was there filming it. I had to move out of their way so they could go around with their cameras.
The only disappointing thing about my statue will be the 1 helmet as I bought from a UK retailer, I'm sure it'll still be great but it would've been nicer to have display options. :)

Reaction score
Which helmet comes with yours? I'm sorry I haven't looked much into the regular version. The one on display at Celebration was being shown with the same style helmet as the famous McQuarrie duel painting. This one:

It's also interesting how they changed the look of his cape. To be honest, I liked more the flowing style of the cape in the concept drawing, rather than the more relaxed look of the second one. To me the look of the concept drawing made the statue look more majestic, sort of like the Obi-Wan Mythos. Nonetheless, it is still a great looking statue, really tall with the base.

First design:

Second and final design. This is how it was shown at Celebration:

Reaction score
The picture you've shown is the helmet for the regular release, I'd have preferred the helmet with the more pronounced triangular mouth piece but I didn't realise they were selling different ones this time, unlike the Mythos statues where they sold one type 'exclusive' to everyone..., my own fault for not checking but now it'd be too costly to change to buying direct.

Reaction score
I have the exclusive preordered because i love the alternate helmet....but am on the fence to keep this as room is a premium and am in the midst of putting together a first 79 run....i just dont know lol

Reaction score
Im actually leaning towards cancelling the exclusive of vader...due to limited space ...but do not want to lose the deposit...would anyone be interested in buying the exclusive off me....would only charge actually shipping and cost to me...so 475 plus whatever to ship to you....if interested let me know....hate to consider doing this but have to take space consideration...

Reaction score
I just got the shipping notice. Two weeks to wait but longer wait to display him.

Reaction score
I saw this at Celebration too and thought it looked really good. Even though I like he flowing cape better changing it the way they did will save a lot of space when displaying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I saw the statue at Celebration and was blown away by how great it looks in person. This is how it was being shown:

And now I've just got this e-mail from SSC:

" Your Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 14 days. Your card will be charged for your order on Thursday, May 11, 2017.

Please review your order information and make any changes through your online account prior to Wednesday, May 10."

Fantastic news. I can't wait to have Vader displayed with the other two McQuarrie statues

Reaction score
Very excited about this one!!

I wonder if they will continue the series and/or do anything in 1/6 scale?
I'm counting the days until I hear that hard knock on the door followed by the ringing of the bell and my Vader gets delivered. :)

I certainly hope the line continues. I'm so much into McQuarrie designs, I'm willing to put away some other collectibles I have on display in order to make room for more McQuarrie concept statues and mini busts. I deeply admire his talent as an artist, his incredible visualization of the Star Wars universe, and the positive and influential legacy he left us with. If I remember correctly I think SS had announced a few years ago they were working on a 1/6 scale McQuarrie Vader and Stormtrooper figures. I don't know what's going on with that. I think it would be great if they would release them.

Reaction score
I'm counting the days until I hear that hard knock on the door followed by the ringing of the bell and my Vader gets delivered. :)

I certainly hope the line continues. I'm so much into McQuarrie designs, I'm willing to put away some other collectibles I have on display in order to make room for more McQuarrie concept statues and mini busts. I deeply admire his talent as an artist, his incredible visualization of the Star Wars universe, and the positive and influential legacy he left us with. If I remember correctly I think SS had announced a few years ago they were working on a 1/6 scale McQuarrie Vader and Stormtrooper figures. I don't know what's going on with that. I think it would be great if they would release them.
I could not agree with you more on all of the above and can't wait to see if this line evolves further. I would certainly try to find more space to place his work over anything else that I have... because to me McQuarrie is Royalty!!

Reaction score
I sometimes feel bad that I did not recognize and appreciate his incredible brilliance until very late, almost too late before his passing. His legend only seems to have grown much stronger since then, almost similar to when Obi-Wan was struck down by Vader!

Reaction score
I sometimes feel bad that I did not recognize and appreciate his incredible brilliance until very late, almost too late before his passing. His legend only seems to have grown much stronger since then, almost similar to when Obi-Wan was struck down by Vader!
Many artists, poets and writers continue to live on through their stories, art, and ideas after their death. Posthumous popularity isn’t all that bad. Their legacy allows them to continue to be an important part of our world, despite no longer having a psychical presence. Strange as it might seem, some well known names did not become really popular or famous until after their passing, although being "royalty" while among us, as you well pointed out about McQuarrie. While he was well known in certain circles, his work was unknown to quite a few people, and it wasn't until after his death that many "discovered' his talent, and as a result his popularity has increased in recent years. McQuarrie joints the list of other great artists lacking popularity until death came knocking at their doors, names such as Edgar Allen Poe, Vincent van Gogh and El Greco. It comes to show that when you contribute to society by enriching it with your work, sometimes later than sooner your name goes up in lights.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very happy with how the production piece turned out. My one minor nitpick is they toned down the flowing of the cape from when it was first shown, way back when. However, this will go with the other two McQ pieces perfectly.

As much as I want this line to continue, I just don't see it happening. I really want a snowtrooper to go with the Stormie, but I've accepted that this will most likely not happen.

Either way, I'll be very happy to have the three pieces displayed together.

Reaction score
Getting charged for this today according to the SS E-mail I got. Come home, Vader!

Edit: Annnnnnd it's been shipped! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Getting charged for this today according to the SS E-mail I got. Come home, Vader!

Edit: Annnnnnd it's been shipped! :)
Congrats.... I'm just waiting for mine to be picked up. I have a tracking number as a label has been made already. I can't wait to pair it up with the mcvader helmet..... ooooh yeah.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats.... I'm just waiting for mine to be picked up. I have a tracking number as a label has been made already. I can't wait to pair it up the the mcvader helmet..... ooooh yeah.
Now that is a pic I would love to see!! Mine is due to arrive next Wednesday :whistling:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Scummers,
Congrats to those that got the McQuarrie Vader. If anyone who ordered the McQuarrie Vader Exclusive version and is having a change of mind, please message me. I'm willing to buy at cost or reasonable offer.

I missed out on the initial order and really would like this as part of my collection. Thanks!

Reaction score
Congrats.... I'm just waiting for mine to be picked up. I have a tracking number as a label has been made already. I can't wait to pair it up the the mcvader helmet..... ooooh yeah.
Thanks, PURPLERAGE03. Congratulations to you as well, to Irish Jedi, and every other person getting a hold of this statue.Yours will certainly look great next to the efx McQuarrie helmet; the perfect pair. I have to wait to receive my statue to determine if there's enough room for CFO's other version of the helmet. If there is, I'll be getting his. Meanwhile I had a McQuarrie based Luke hilt finished by Ox Works for my McQuarrie display area. He'll be shipping it tomorrow. I'm officially calling May: "McQuarrie Month" :)

* Very much looking forward to the continuation of this line by SS. Now that they've produced Vader, the next offering could be Luke to pair up with him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and wishing for more.

Reaction score
Hi Scummers,
Congrats to those that got the McQuarrie Vader. If anyone who ordered the McQuarrie Vader Exclusive version and is having a change of mind, please message me. I'm willing to buy at cost or reasonable offer.

I missed out on the initial order and really would like this as part of my collection. Thanks!
Check the Classifieds. About a month ago someone was offering the exclusive version. Good luck!

* Edit: This is the person that has it : Exclusive McQuarrie Darth Vader statue

Last edited:
Reaction score
McVader arrived today 377/750, did a quick inspection and this is an awesome statue.

Reaction score
Ohhh boy... I can't wait to get him. Any ideas on the next statue in the line?
Nothing else has been announced, although there's the possibility something will be mentioned, or shown, during SDCC. It would make sense if Luke is next as to pair him up with his father. Fingers crossed the line will continue.