McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue

Reaction score
Unfortunately I no longer have room for bigger scale statues anymore, I'd love to get this one if I had the space though..., it looks the best of the 3.

Reaction score
Looks very nice. But to be honest I prefer the old Kotobukiya RMQ Vader vs Luke statue set, much more iconic

Reaction score
These McQuarrie statues are beautiful. Provided I had the room to display them, I would have had all three on pre-order by now. Who knows ... from now until they are closer to be released I wouldn't rule out the possibility of getting rid of some things I no longer care about in my collection to make room for them.

Reaction score
Looks great, to be sure, but I think space and cost are gonna be prohibitive for me.

Reaction score
So I am learning the hard way that SSC will not let you use a PROMO Code and REWARD Points on the same order, true statement?

I want to order more than one of these or all three, if I can somehow make the funds work. How many here are getting all three or are you just picking your favorite one?

Does anyone think they would possibly extend this series beyond these three? If so which character?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The more I look at this one the more I like/want it, the other two in this line are nice but more in an ok kind of way than impressive, they just don't look as good to me..., well maybe don't speak to me as I've not been thinking about them to purchase at all really. I think the Vader statue is one of those pieces that I know I'll regret not getting so I've bit the bullet & placed an order. No idea where I'll put it but I am looking at thinning out my collection so hopefully that will resolve the issue by the time it gets delivered. :)

Reaction score
I can't help but to order all three of these. My hat goes off to SSC just for making them; but after the notorious GL, no one is more responsible for the look and feel of Star Wars than the infamous and truly brilliant Ralph McQuarrie!!

Reaction score
I can't help but to order all three of these. My hat goes off to SSC just for making them; but after the notorious GL, no one is more responsible for the look and feel of Star Wars than the infamous and truly brilliant Ralph McQuarrie!!
Preach.....Irish jedi. Words of wisdom .

James

Reaction score
Exactly. What Ralph McQuarrie did for Star Wars as a conceptual designer and illustrator, is exactly what John Williams did for its music: A work of outstanding artistry. I have all three statues on preorder.

Reaction score
Exactly. What Ralph McQuarrie did for Star Wars as a conceptual designer and illustrator, is exactly what John Williams did for its music: A work of outstanding artistry. I have all three statues on preorder.
I totally agree with everything you stated with the exception of ordering all 3 myself! Lol

That's too much money and too much space taken up for my taste! They are really cool though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I totally agree with everything you stated with the exception of ordering all 3 myself! Lol

That's too much money and too much space taken up for my taste! They are really cool though!
I agree they do take up space and are expensive, which is something that made me think whether to get them or not when I first saw them. I had to figure out a way to buy them without feeling the guilt of spending too much, and make them work within my display area. I cleared some room that'd been taken up by statues I no longer cared about, and sold them locally. That profit is paying for the three McQuarrie's.

Going a little bit into specifics, the idea is to have Vader placed on a table in the center of my collection room, alongside a 1:1 McQuarrie Vader helmet. At each side of that table there are pedestals where Fett and the Stormtrooper will go. So McQuarrie's conceptual designs will take center stage that way, as I want to get the feeling when walking in the collection room these designs are the ground zero of what was to burst later on into popular culture. The room will continue to be surrounded by mini busts, Master Replicas and other statues and dioramas

Reaction score
I agree they do take up space and are expensive, which is something that made me think whether to get them or not when I first saw them. I had to figure out a way to buy them without feeling the guilt of spending too much, and make them work within my display area. I cleared some room that'd been taken up by statues I no longer cared about, and sold them locally. That profit is paying for the three McQuarrie's.

Going a little bit into specifics, the idea is to have Vader placed on a table in the center of my collection room, alongside a 1:1 McQuarrie Vader helmet. At each side of that table there are pedestals where Fett and the Stormtrooper will go. So McQuarrie's conceptual designs will take center stage that way, as I want to get the feeling when walking in the collection room these designs are the ground zero of what was to burst later on into popular culture. The room will continue to be surrounded by mini busts, Master Replicas and other statues and dioramas
I like that idea....I don't have the room to pull that look off, but I will somehow try.

James

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like that idea....I don't have the room to pull that look off, but I will somehow try.

James
I'm right there with you! I'm lucky enough to have a theater room to display my stuff in! Lol

Reaction score

I really like your line of thinking here LightSword and can not wait to see the pics of your final result!!

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'll make sure to take pictures and post them here when I receive the statues and have it all set up.

Todd, you are lucky to have a theater room to display them. Although my wife is rather understanding of my passion for Star Wars collecting, prior to having our house built, she assigned one room for my Star Wars collection, and made sure to say she did not want any Star Wars stuff in our theater room. What was I gonna do? say no and eat TV dinners for life? So I agreed, and "signed the contract." ... A man's gotta eat! :)

.....................................................))))

By the way, this is the 1:1 helmet I'm planning on using next to the statue. It comes from Mark AKA sskunky, a member from the RPF in the UK. You can find his build post here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257758&highlight=mcquarrie+vader , and considering how high the price of the eFX McVader helmet is, this one is a great buy for the price, plus it is the same helmet seen in the duel drawing by McQuarrie, and the same helmet design Koto used for their Luke vs Vader statue.

This is the all satin paint scheme version. He also offers a version painted in g[FONT=&quot]un metal with silver for the nose and tusks for a bit extra....[/FONT]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol I hear ya, Julian! And I too had a wife once... Just once! that only allowed me to put my Star Wars stuff in one room and that did NOT include the theater room. Well, she's an ex-wife now and my girlfriend actually likes this stuff, but even she only allows it in the theater room! Lol Man, when will I ever learn?!?!

Cool helmet, by the way!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol I hear ya, Julian! And I too had a wife once... Just once! that only allowed me to put my Star Wars stuff in one room and that did NOT include the theater room. Well, she's an ex-wife now and my girlfriend actually likes this stuff, but even she only allows it in the theater room! Lol Man, when will I ever learn?!?!

Cool helmet, by the way!

We live and learn as we go through the perils of life :) I have to say my wife has been pretty cool with my collecting. After many years of marriage, and a lot of broken dishes (JK), we've learned to understand each other's needs. I did manage to sneak up my life size Yoda in our theater room. She likes the character and even dresses him up with a Santa's hat during Christmas. Oh, boy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've looked through several videos and pictures from different websites and I did not see the McQuatrrie statues at SDCC. I can't say with certainty, but it looks like they weren't on display. Maybe someone that was at the Con could confirm on this.

Reaction score
We live and learn as we go through the perils of life :) I have to say my wife has been pretty cool with my collecting. After many years of marriage, and a lot of broken dishes (JK), we've learned to understand each other's needs. I did manage to sneak up my life size Yoda in our theater room. She likes the character and even dresses him up with a Santa's hat during Christmas. Oh, boy!
Lol Good for you! You should post pics next Christmas!

Reaction score
Ok so im on the edge of ordering the exclusive...used to collect premiums but now only own a few ss pieces as ive turned focus to the vintage line....anyways i love the alternate head sculpt as i enjoy the vader in rebels and looks almost identical to what it is....looking to here thoughts on this as i would solely display with alternate portrait....and i cannot help to mention its been a while since buying ss but definitely an increase in price.....is 475 justified for a maquette....any thoughts pros or cons would be appreciated.....thanks scummers

Reaction score
Don't think about it......just do it, do it, do it. Lol all kidding aside, it was a no brainer for me. It's vader, mcquarrie related and the alternate sculpt will match my mcvader helmet.

James

Last edited:
Reaction score
This will disappear pretty quickly I think & you'll regret it if you miss out..., in my opinion it's the best of the 3 & will stand out as such & it's 1:5 scale so a pretty big piece too. :)

Reaction score
Ok so im on the edge of ordering the exclusive...used to collect premiums but now only own a few ss pieces as ive turned focus to the vintage line....anyways i love the alternate head sculpt as i enjoy the vader in rebels and looks almost identical to what it is....looking to here thoughts on this as i would solely display with alternate portrait....and i cannot help to mention its been a while since buying ss but definitely an increase in price.....is 475 justified for a maquette....any thoughts pros or cons would be appreciated.....thanks scummers
Judging by the quality and detail of the McQuarrie Stormtrooper statue I've just received from SS, I'm sure Vader will be something amazing to add to your collection. There aren't that many McQuarrie collectibles out there with the exception of the one mini bust that GG releases once a year, very hard to get to it sometimes, and as we all know, they're just half statues. This is a fantastic opportunity to bring McQuarrie's masterful creations from their usual hanging place on a wall, to your shelf. It's a chance to feel their textures, and view these designs from all angles, something we could only once image. Elaborate bases, attractive poses, switchable helmets, full statues, those are all pluses to look into when making a buying decision. They are more than collectibles. They are three dimensional representations of characters in their original stage that bring to life the vision of a talented artist and his inspirational work, a work that's been admired generation after generation. The price is indeed high, but so are most collectibles these days, when you think about it. The hobby has become quite expensive, hence why we should be selective and get only what "speaks" to us. That said, if you truly like this piece, you should preorder it. I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Judging by the quality and detail of the McQuarrie Stormtrooper statue I've just received from SS, I'm sure Vader will be something amazing to add to your collection. There aren't that many McQuarrie collectibles out there with the exception of the one mini bust that GG releases once a year, very hard to get to it sometimes, and as we all know, they're just half statues. This is a fantastic opportunity to bring McQuarrie's masterful creations from their usual hanging place on a wall, to your shelf. It's a chance to feel their textures, and view these designs from all angles, something we could only once image. Elaborate bases, attractive poses, switchable helmets, full statues, those are all pluses to look into when making a buying decision. They are more than collectibles. They are three dimensional representations of characters in their original stage that bring to life the vision of a talented artist and his inspirational work, a work that's been admired generation after generation. The price is indeed high, but so are most collectibles these days, when you think about it. The hobby has become quite expensive, hence why we should be selective and get only what "speaks" to us. That said, if you truly like this piece, you should preorder it. I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.
Very well said lightsword.

Reaction score
Well after months of deliberation and kind of hoping for a free shipping offer for the vader....i decided to start the new year with purchasing the mcquarrie vader...i felt if i waited much longer i wouldnt obtain the exclusive and kind of will go with my mcquarrie focus as i have finished my 12 back collection....so cheers to 2017 and Ralph Mcquarrie!

Reaction score
Well after months of deliberation and kind of hoping for a free shipping offer for the vader....i decided to start the new year with purchasing the mcquarrie vader...i felt if i waited much longer i wouldnt obtain the exclusive and kind of will go with my mcquarrie focus as i have finished my 12 back collection....so cheers to 2017 and Ralph Mcquarrie!
Cheers to it. Only three short months to wait until the release of this beautiful statue, which hopefully will be out on time. Have you gotten the Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie two volume set of books? It's a fantastic companion piece to any McQuarrie collection, and something to show to people when they ask about the statues and the origin of their design.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes i did purchase it...absolutely love it...definitely a great companion piece...and would love to add both the x wing and vader vs luke super snipes to go with the mcquarries....

Reaction score
And to my surprise and a sigh of relief the exclusive is now on waitlist...
What's the difference between the standard & exclusive? I get confused with that word as the Mythos line were exclusives but I ordered mine from a retailer & it was the exclusive too as there wasn't a standard release. lol :)