McQuarrie Boba Fett Statue

Reaction score
I think the Boba Fett statue looks great, if it were yellow like Gentle Giant's recent offerings I'd be unhappy but being darker isn't something I'm bothered about as it still looks good & also makes it stand out more so against the Stormtrooper & that for me is a definite plus. :)

Reaction score
Yesterday I received the McQuarrie Boba Fett statue I had ordered last week. These are some of my observations and pictures ...

The gray shading of the undersuit is indeed quiet darker than the promotional pictures we'd seen, and darker than McQuarrie's own drawings. Renditions of McQuarrie's concept Boba Fett by other companies such as Hasbro's action figure and Gentle Giant's mini bust, were painted sporting a closer looking shading to the artist's work. Collectors looking to get a statue with an exact look to that of McQuarrie's work, I'm afraid this might not be the statue for them. Personally I don't see the dark gray shading as a factory error, but I can understand why the surprised new look could lend itself to that assumption. I see it more as how the artist interpreted highlights on the suit, bringing out folds and wrinkles present on the sculpted fabric, and as a way to create a significant visual contrast against the light armor parts of his suit. Lighting is rather influential on this piece. Depending on how lit the area chosen to have it displayed is, the shading will diminish or be enhanced greatly.

On the positive side of things, the sculpting is quite elaborate, and its sharp details, dynamic pose and beautiful rendering of both helmets can be appreciated. Paint application is consistent with no color bleeding between parts, especially in very small areas of the outfit and helmet were red and blue colors were applied. I particularly like the Slave 1 inspired, massive base he's standing on. It is full of intricate details, and weathering effects. Its bright colors help enhance the overall look of the statue, giving it more presence.

All for all, I'm pleased with my purchase and love how it displays next to the McQuarrie Stormtrooper statue. While I think it would have been nice if SS had mentioned, prior to its mass release, the noticeable change to the shading of Fett's undersuit to what was originally advertised, and while I would have preferred the shading of his outfit to be a tad lighter, I can live with it being the way it was painted. Having already purchased McQuarrie's Fett and the Stormtrooper, I can hardly wait for next year's release of the McQuarrie concept Darth Vader statue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks very nice Julian & the 2 together are very impressive..., can't wait to get these myself. :) I still like the darker colouring of the Fett statue as I think it makes it stand out more from the Stormie, if Vader were in between the 2 though then that wouldn't be needed or matter (I think).

Reaction score
Glad you like it, Kev.

Yeah. Once you first get Fett out of the box you notice how dark the undersuit is compared to promotional pictures we have gotten used to see That said, the sculpt is so impressive (to me), that the darker shading was not a problem. A well lit area will also make the shading look lighter. As I moved the statue around for the pictures, it was interesting seeing how the shading changed depending on where the light was hitting it. I'm a bit picky when it comes to buying collectibles with a look as close as possible to the original, but considering some of the original drawings for the helmet had it heavily shaded, I'd like to think they took that approach and used it for the undersuit. I'm sure when Vader comes out the three of them together will make for a very impressive display.

On a side note, Fett looks best displayed on a high shelf, possibly above eye level. This is because the position of the heads/helmets is tilted forward, looking down, and the detail on the front of the helmet can't be appreciated if displayed too low.

Reaction score
Good to know, got my next auction this month & then I'll be setting up the detolfs so the McQuarrie's will be going on top of those along with the mythos statues, that should be plenty high enough I think. :)

Reaction score
Good to know, got my next auction this month & then I'll be setting up the detolfs so the McQuarrie's will be going on top of those along with the mythos statues, that should be plenty high enough I think. :)
Those should look really nice on top of the Detolfs, Kev. I'm eager to see pictures of your collection when you have it all set up. Good luck with your auction!

Reaction score
Hey guys, while not statue-related, this is McQuarrie related.. For those of you still looking to get the awesome Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie book, Barnes and Noble has it back in stock for $158.87 however, if you use coupon code 25BNFRIENDS, you can get it for $119.15 with free shipping and delivered to you before Christmas.

Reaction score
Hey guys, while not statue-related, this is McQuarrie related.. For those of you still looking to get the awesome Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie book, Barnes and Noble has it back in stock for $158.87 however, if you use coupon code 25BNFRIENDS, you can get it for $119.15 with free shipping and delivered to you before Christmas.
As always, love the pictures you posted above!
Also, I was holding out on the McQuarrie book due to a tightened budget, but I just had to jump on it at that price. Guess i'll consider it a Christmas present to myself. Thanks for posting details for that deal.

Reaction score
Thank you, Erick. I appreciate your kind words. As for the book, I think it is a great deal for this low price, and perfect as a self-given Christmas present. I had previously ordered one from Target a while back, but they cancelled my order without any explanation. This low B&N price was perfect for me. It is a actually a Christmas present from my wife :) I'm glad the details on this sale have been of good use to you. Now let's wait for Santa to bring them home!

Last edited:
Reaction score
*Since Photobucket.com, the "free" image hosting website I've been using for the last 12 years to host my pictures for this website has changed image policy without previous notice, and now wants $400.00 a year for a subscription to host images, and since they have blocked the view of over 1,000 pictures I've done for this site, I've chosen a different image hosting site and I'm re-posting some of the images I previously worked on for this thread in an effort to have the images recorded for reference. Thank you for your understanding

Yesterday I received the McQuarrie Boba Fett statue I had ordered last week. These are some of my observations and pictures ...

The gray shading of the undersuit is indeed quiet darker than the promotional pictures we'd seen, and darker than McQuarrie's own drawings. Renditions of McQuarrie's concept Boba Fett by other companies such as Hasbro's action figure and Gentle Giant's mini bust, were painted sporting a closer looking shading to the artist's work. Collectors looking to get a statue with an exact look to that of McQuarrie's work, I'm afraid this might not be the statue for them. Personally I don't see the dark gray shading as a factory error, but I can understand why the surprised new look could lend itself to that assumption. I see it more as how the artist interpreted highlights on the suit, bringing out folds and wrinkles present on the sculpted fabric, and as a way to create a significant visual contrast against the light armor parts of his suit. Lighting is rather influential on this piece. Depending on how lit the area chosen to have it displayed is, the shading will diminish or be enhanced greatly.

On the positive side of things, the sculpting is quite elaborate, and its sharp details, dynamic pose and beautiful rendering of both helmets can be appreciated. Paint application is consistent with no color bleeding between parts, especially in very small areas of the outfit and helmet were red and blue colors were applied. I particularly like the Slave 1 inspired, massive base he's standing on. It is full of intricate details, and weathering effects. Its bright colors help enhance the overall look of the statue, giving it more presence.

All for all, I'm pleased with my purchase and love how it displays next to the McQuarrie Stormtrooper statue. While I think it would have been nice if SS had mentioned, prior to its mass release, the noticeable change to the shading of Fett's undersuit to what was originally advertised, and while I would have preferred the shading of his outfit to be a tad lighter, I can live with it being the way it was painted. Having already purchased McQuarrie's Fett and the Stormtrooper, I can hardly wait for next year's release of the McQuarrie concept Darth Vader statue.