McQuarrie Boba Fett Statue

Reaction score
I am very excited about both of the McQuarrie statues announced so far. I just need to start planning ahead to have the cash available next fall. As great as the new movie looks to be, to me these are far more interesting than collecting any new characters from The Force Awakens.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have always loved McQuarrie designs. My favorite busts from GG were the McQuarrie proto ones. So this is one I want REALLY bad.

However, the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the Stormtrooper is the $400 price tag. With (I assume) interchangeable heads on Boba, I can see him going for $450-$500. It's just hard for me to justify nearly 1k on a couple statues is all. I would have to give up all other SW collecting (especially the 6" figures) and save for these releases and that's it.

Still...if I were to get just one statue this Boba would be it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With money and space the way they are, I'll probably wind up passing. He looks great so far, though, and in a perfect world I'd be picking one up in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
Not sold on the pose of this one. Would have rather seen it as a premium format figure.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
How can I pass on this? Payment plans make it just too easy.. Display space is my biggest issue.. I'm overstocked at the moment, but I can't say no.

I like the look of this Mc boba better than the Mc stormie on order, all my accumulated points have been used up on the stormie, and phasma HT, and with Mc Vader on the way... Aaarrrrgggghhhhh...

Reaction score
How can I pass on this? Payment plans make it just too easy.. Display space is my biggest issue.. I'm overstocked at the moment, but I can't say no.

I like the look of this Mc boba better than the Mc stormie on order, all my accumulated points have been used up on the stormie, and phasma HT, and with Mc Vader on the way... Aaarrrrgggghhhhh...
I admit the $50 a month payment plan on the McQ Stormtrooper has made me think long and hard about getting it, especially the exclusive because I like the alternate head better. Of course then I say I'd rather just have McQ Boba, and as you mentioned Darth McQuarrie is not going to be far behind. Vader would be higher on my list than the Stormtrooper for me as well. My biggest challenge is the same as yours...space. I have NO space to display these right now, unless I do some major rearranging and sale other items for cash/space.

Every time I go down the "I'm going to collect statues or mini bust" road, it always ends the same for me. I feel they get too expensive, and take up too much space. If I didn't love the 6" figures so much I could justify just collecting this line for the foreseeable future, especially if Star Wars was done like it seemed to be before Disney. But with a decade (at least) of new SW coming now...SIGH...tough decisions lie ahead.

Reaction score
Wow, $425? It looks really great but ouch. And of course they have Vader in the shadows, just to tease everyone LOL.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boy, these thing have jumped up in price.. A year ago these would have probably been in the 300-350 mark.. Thanks for adding Disney.... They'll make their 4.4 billion back in two years, the way things are going, licensing is increasing all top end pricing. And the hype from ep7.. They better deliver. I have a love/err relationship going with my Star Wars collecting addiction.. And McVader.. (Whispering) 'Yes a definite buy despite price'

Reaction score
Doubtful it has anything to do with Disney, the license is probably the same cost. Just SSC taking advantage of the popularity of SW these days along with the character.
I ordered it immediately, I've always loved the RMQ concept designs. Snagged the trooper and will definitely grab Vader as well. I think these will look great along side concept helmets.

Reaction score
Boy, these thing have jumped up in price.. A year ago these would have probably been in the 300-350 mark.. Thanks for adding Disney.... They'll make their 4.4 billion back in two years, the way things are going, licensing is increasing all top end pricing. And the hype from ep7.. They better deliver. I have a love/err relationship going with my Star Wars collecting addiction.. And McVader.. (Whispering) 'Yes a definite buy despite price'
I agree; at $300 I would have already ordered this Boba statue. Price is one thing, lack of space is an equally compelling argument on my end against starting on these as well.

McVader is going to be just as sweet, especially since REBELS cartoon basically gives us the McQ Vader now for all intent and purposes, right down to the thin lightsabers.

Reaction score
I really wish they would have made 5 of these like the Mythos line up...speaking of which anyone have a Vader or Fett mythos they want to part with?

Nope... No way... ;)

Disney's Star Wars licensing has has most definitely affected pricing on products here in Australia. My local hobby shop can't even get Star Wars items in on product they have licenses to sell, because Disney has introduced restrictions within licenses that just mean costs to the retailer increase, by such an extent they won't stock them. 2 examples I've found out about in the last 2 weeks relate to Ravensburger puzzles, and MPC model kits.. The hobby retailer has the license to stock, but has to pay some exorbitant overhead for Star Wars ones. This is fact. Sucks nuts...

Edit: am toying with the idea of parting with my slave Leia PF.. chains n all...but

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess it has, I was looking around the last couple of days and prices have risen across the board.
I looked at everything from the sig/statue/helmet perspective where the increase has always been gradual since prior to TFA being announced or Disney taking the reins.
I do love all RMQ collectibles, always have had a affinity for concept work.

Edit: Also you could sell Slave Leia now and may get a good turn around on it or hold on to it since nothing more will be created supposedly with the Slave Leia costume on it. It may become a more and more sought after piece over time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Decided to get the set now I have Darth Vader on preorder, cancelled my Hot Toys Hulk Buster figure preorder for it, this is cheaper so already paid for & got some money back too, bonus. lol :)

Reaction score
Just PO'ed this to go with McStormie. I will not get Vader unless they make a Luke. Then I'll sell the GG versions.

Reaction score
Just PO'ed this to go with McStormie. I will not get Vader unless they make a Luke. Then I'll sell the GG versions.
I think Luke is a definite really, they've confirmed there will be more statues to come so most likely Luke will be part of the next batch..., I decided to preorder Vader just incase my retailer sold out & as it happens I ordered the last of his quota so I timed my decision well. :)

Reaction score
I saw him earlier on ssc.......still very impressed with the way it looks. Can't wait to add him to the collection

James

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got a shipping notice today, will be processing on Oct 13, can't wait. Hopefully I don't have any issues with this one!

Reaction score
Saw these pictures by furystorm in the Sideshow Freaks forum for the McQuarrie Fett he received. The statue (sculpt) looks great, but as others have pointed out there, Fett's outfit looks kind of dark compared to publicity shots. They might have gone a bit heavy on the shading. I still haven't received mine, so I'll wait to see first hand how dark his outfit is when I receive it ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a given all three McQuarrie statues will look great together, or by themselves. That's because the poses, sculpting and the forever beautiful McQuarrie designs provide that visual pleasure. But Fett's outfit being that dark isn't something McQuarrie intended for the character, according to his own drawings. I'm still getting mine, but I acknowledge the coloring isn't very accurate.

Last edited: