McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Reaction score
After all these Metal Batman versions that are dropping, The Mortal Kombat Spawn is getting harder to resist..

That Spawn is a really good figure. Take it out of the box and you'd never know it's an MK figure.

Yeah, the armored figures were definitely his pet projects. Those were his proving ground. I know there was a lot of push back and forth early on and lately they have given him more freedom. It's to be expected. I do know the mandate of "make current comic related stuff" is what lead to the Dark Knights Metal figures. The mandate was broad enough that he could make figures that interested him and still be delivering what they wanted which is a Bat heavy line based on current comic series. It's just funny that the complaints about the line being Bat-heavy are warranted but not entirely his fault.

The Bat-heavy complaint is definitely warranted, but I never see them sticking around for too long, so I think even still, he's reaching new collectors, so I don't know if he's got much reason to change it up too much.

Reaction score
Batman: The Long Halloween..

50956193667_35279f8e8d_o.jpg

Reaction score
Random clearance price! I'm really liking these heavy metal knights

Attachments

• 20210226_190941.jpg
    20210226_190941.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Reaction score
I got Robin today. Despite the limited (comparatively) articulation, the figure is still really good. It makes me appreciate the wrist and ankle ball joints a lot more.

Reaction score
I got Robin today. Despite the limited (comparatively) articulation, the figure is still really good. It makes me appreciate the wrist and ankle ball joints a lot more.

I really like this Robin too, it's unfortunate about the limited leg and waist/torso articulation. This is one character that would have greatly benefited from better engineering..

Reaction score
I really like this Robin too, it's unfortunate about the limited leg and waist/torso articulation. This is one character that would have greatly benefited from better engineering..

Especially considering the way Geralt from the Witcher 's waist is engineered, they could have really given robin some nice range.

Reaction score
I finally caved and dipped into this line: picked up the Arkham Asylum Batman and Joker. Haven't cracked them open yet, but they look super cool in box.

I'm trying to tell myself I only need them and either a standard or Red Son Superman.

Reaction score
I decided to go all in on The Last Knight on Earth wave. The Wonder Woman and Batman figure are just too cool to pass up. I figured I might as well complete the set and get the Bane BAF. Also, the Target spend $50 get $10 off and spend $100 get $20 off sweetened the deal.

Reaction score
I've been thinking about that Bane figure a lot. Would he release a regular version of it? Would he not want to make everyone that built it feel ripped off?

Reaction score
Not sure about Bane. Is there a precedent for something like this? I know Hasbro has been known to release BAF by themselves, but I really don't know how McFarlane does things. You really need Bane if you get Scarecrow. Otherwise you could get by with without it I think.

Reaction score
And that's another part of it - I have faith that another scarecrow will get released in something closer to any of his looks with legs (which i would definitely buy), but I DO like the look of this one.

Reaction score
It's a great figure. The only downside to me is the cape basically eliminates the possibility of any kind of crouching pose and limits how high you can raise the arms.

Despite that, the packaging is cool, the accessories are all awesome, the heads look great, the articulation is all there... very worth the money and I'm glad to have it (them, because by the time I jumped on, the prices were all lowered and he started adding more accessories, so I got the modern and classic figures).

Next is medieval Spawn and I have very high hopes!

Reaction score
Another handful of leaks came out yesterday. The stuff that grabbed my attention from those were mostly the Todd-Designed Wonder Woman and the Hal Jordan/Deal-breaker (?) 2 pack. After getting John Stewart a few weeks ago I'm even more excited for any Lanterns. Hopefully Kyle Rayner isn't too far beyond. Also Etrigan looks good and is a step closer to getting a Swamp Thing!

Reaction score
Another handful of leaks came out yesterday. The stuff that grabbed my attention from those were mostly the Todd-Designed Wonder Woman and the Hal Jordan/Deal-breaker (?) 2 pack. After getting John Stewart a few weeks ago I'm even more excited for any Lanterns. Hopefully Kyle Rayner isn't too far beyond. Also Etrigan looks good and is a step closer to getting a Swamp Thing!
I was glad to see Armored Batman from The Dark Knight Returns. I hope this is the beginning of all the main characters from that comic. I never did finish my Mattel DC Multiverse set of TDKR figures. And, I was reluctant to get into the MAFEX figures that are being released these days due to the price. I'm really glad McFarlane is doing them.

Reaction score
According to a new leaked listing, we're getting Swamp Thing (and a variant!) as a megafigure!!

Also a handful of Jokers (4 technically), a new batman, red hood, batgirl, power suit lex Luther, lobo, animated Flash, animated Superman, reverse flash and Superboy prime.

Reaction score
That Dr. Fate looks really good!

I also saw an image of what the new Shazam outfit for the sequel looks like the other day, much better than the first should look good in figure form.

Reaction score
Didn't know McFarlane was doing '66 Batman stuff! They are 6" too, so I might not have to buy another Batmobile (though I probably will, who am I kidding). Batcave playset too! So excited for these.

1623081234060.png

Reaction score
According to the comments over at The Toy Ark, this is what's on tap for this line:

• DC 6″ Retro Batman 1966 – Unmasked Batman – NYCC 2021
• DC 6″ Retro Batman 1966 – The Riddler
• DC 6″ Retro Batman 1966 – Batman “Surf’s Up! Joker’s Under!” Version
• DC 6″ Retro Batman 1966 – Joker “Surf’s Up! Joker’s Under!” Version
• DC 6″ Retro Batman 1966 – Batman
• DC 6″ Retro Batman 1966 – Robin
• DC 6″ Retro Batman 1966 – Joker
• DC 6″ Retro Batman 1966 – Batmobile
• DC 6″ Retro Batman 1966 – Batcave Playset

Reaction score
Yeah, about the only thing I might not get is the Batmobile. I have the Mattel one, and I'm pretty happy with it. Fortunately, these are the same scale. I'll have to see more pics of the McFarlane one.

Reaction score
super excited to see the Adam West 66 Batman teased as coming soon. I have all of the old Mattel versions as well as the Neca version but I can't wait to see what the McFarlane ones look like. Here's hoping we get variants for Catwoman, Riddler and Mr. Freeze.

Reaction score
Same here, as a long time fan of 66 Batman I've got tons of stuff...Mattel, NECA, Hot Toys, Funko...but there is always room for more.

Reaction score
I've been thinking about that Bane figure a lot. Would he release a regular version of it? Would he not want to make everyone that built it feel ripped off?
Looks like McFarlane will release a "Mega Scale" Bane of some sort. Speculation is that it is a repaint/re-deco of the BAF Bane. I mean it makes sense that McFarlane would simply re-use the recent Bane parts rather than sculpt an all new figure.

Reaction score
Looks like McFarlane will release a "Mega Scale" Bane of some sort. Speculation is that it is a repaint/re-deco of the BAF Bane. I mean it makes sense that McFarlane would simply re-use the recent Bane parts rather than sculpt an all new figure.

I read about this too. A friend of mine got that BaF Bane and told me one of the legs won't stay on. I thought he was doing something wrong or never got it on right, then insane a handful of other people post the same thing on Instagram. One guy even had the figure standing and picked it up by the chest and instead of picking the figure up, basically lifted it off the legs!

Maybe I'm naive, but I feel it being assembled at the factory will fare better for it.

Reaction score
I could have probably done without the BAM POW accessories. lol

These have got me to thinking that I'd also like a Classic George Reeve Superman and Linda Carter WW in the same scale and aesthetic as these.

Reaction score
Saw a Snyder Cut Flash today at my local Walmart. Didn't see any other JL figures on the pegs.

Reaction score
The McFarlane-designed Wonder Woman is up for preorder now. I think she looks pretty cool for the most part.

Reaction score
I just grabbed the new Suicide Squad Harley at Game stop. I'm not gonna try and build King Shark if anyone wants his lower half.