Mattel - Masters of the Universe Classics

Reaction score
Nice pics. I recently opened Saurod and he is a great figure. I've been voting in some of the polls on he-man.org for 2017 figures and accessories, and it looks like I am not alone in wanting way more 87 movie stuff.

Signed up for next year's Filmation sub, even that new Teela face couldn't scare me enough to miss out on that Evil Seed figure.

Reaction score
Just got the "roleplay" Power Sword in a crate from BBTS yesterday. I ordered it when it first came up, and I would swear that it wasn't described as "foam" until months later (recently) and too late to cancel the order. Needless to say, I'm disappointed with the final result. Not as bad as Snout Spout's trunk, but I don't think it's going to last long, even if you just put it on display. Here's a photo of just one side, near the hilt. the flaws continue on both sides, along the entire length up to the bent tip.

Yeah, unless you're desperate to unload money for tax purposes, I cannot recommend these.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I was thinking up signing up for the Classics 2.0 subscription because I love the look of the Filmation figures. Have any of you done the MattyCollector subscription before?

How much does taxes/shipping add to the cost of the subscription?

Reaction score
So I was thinking up signing up for the Classics 2.0 subscription because I love the look of the Filmation figures. Have any of you done the MattyCollector subscription before?

How much does taxes/shipping add to the cost of the subscription?
Sorry, I just saw this now. Tax & shipping varies from $5 or so and up, just depends on how many items are shipping at a time. I think the cheapest I've seen shipping lately is around $11 per box.

Reaction score
Im hoping they offer the skysled again, and the battle ram, at a decent discount. Some C-listers 30% off would be sweet, too.

Reaction score
Sorry, I just saw this now. Tax & shipping varies from $5 or so and up, just depends on how many items are shipping at a time. I think the cheapest I've seen shipping lately is around $11 per box.

Thanks for the info. :) I ended up getting a subscription for the 2.0 figures. Can't wait!

Reaction score
Anyone get anything from the 8 days of cyber Monday sale? I almost resisted spending anything there this year, but ordered a full price point dread and a half price Standor at the last minute just because of the free shipping pretty much. Kept waiting for Twistoid and the hover robots.. Not this year. :p

Reaction score
Anyone get anything from the 8 days of cyber Monday sale? I almost resisted spending anything there this year, but ordered a full price point dread and a half price Standor at the last minute just because of the free shipping pretty much. Kept waiting for Twistoid and the hover robots.. Not this year. :p
Yeah I also got a Standor. Never really but fussed about him but figured at half price I'd get him for completest sake. Now I just want to try and find a custom head for him that fits under the helmet, to replace the Stan Lee head.

Reaction score
There really wasn't anything I needed. A half price Castle was cool but I had no room for it as well as the figures offered didn't do anything for me. I got the Point dread set on sale day and couldn't pull the trigger on another.

Reaction score
Such a disappointing sale. The first time since 2012 that I havent bought anything.

Reaction score
There was plenty of stuff I wanted (I'm new to collecting MOTUC) but I just didn't have the funds for it. Sad I missed out on the 1/2 price Castle Grayskull.

Reaction score
There was plenty of stuff I wanted (I'm new to collecting MOTUC) but I just didn't have the funds for it. Sad I missed out on the 1/2 price Castle Grayskull.
new to motuc? best advice i can give you is to get the castle if you get a good deal, and sub up for the filmation figures. it's too costly now to catch up on mst of the good figures.

Reaction score
new to motuc? best advice i can give you is to get the castle if you get a good deal, and sub up for the filmation figures. it's too costly now to catch up on mst of the good figures.
That's pretty much my plan. Already got my sub for the 2.0 Filmation-style figures. :)

Reaction score
Oh, yes, yes, yes! Finally, Saurod! I'm a little late to the party finding out about his figure, but, dang, even though I don't collect this line (although Blade looks tempting), I am definitely picking Saurod up at some point. Although I've always loved the original figure, I've longed like you wouldn't believe for an updated version when the Classics line first came out. And now here he is! Oh goodie, goodie, goodie!

Reaction score
Oh, yes, yes, yes! Finally, Saurod! I'm a little late to the party finding out about his figure, but, dang, even though I don't collect this line (although Blade looks tempting), I am definitely picking Saurod up at some point. Although I've always loved the original figure, I've longed like you wouldn't believe for an updated version when the Classics line first came out. And now here he is! Oh goodie, goodie, goodie!
Good choice! The 87 movie figures are some of my favorites from the whole line. I really hope Mattel ponies up for the rights (from Warner maybe?) and makes a whole 6 to 12 figure line focusing on movie likenesses.

Reaction score
Oh, yes. I'd kill for a Karg or Movie!Skeletor, and maybe those black-armored troopers. Saurod came in the mail today. Love him to bits!

Reaction score
Bit the bullet and nabbed a Multi-Bot in the box off of eBay. I find him (them?) more visually interesting than Modulok, even though Modulok came first.

Reaction score
Anyone gotten an email for the Club Grayskull Triple Ship option? I haven't gotten one yet, and no subscriptions show up for me when I log into the Matty Collector website.

Reaction score
Anyone gotten an email for the Club Grayskull Triple Ship option? I haven't gotten one yet, and no subscriptions show up for me when I log into the Matty Collector website.
No 2016 sub emails for me yet, but I did get the Serpentine King Hssss email. Initially I was going to pass as I was mad they didn't just pack in the torso piece with Buzz Saw Hordak, but after I saw some figure reviews I caved. I feel he's a decent value since he comes with extra weapons for the Snake Men. Since Rebels is done for the season, I think I'll be revisiting some MOTU animated series for the next few months...

Speaking of MOTU, is anyone planning on attending Power-Con in L.A. in June? If so, send me a PM as I'm looking to split a hotel for Friday & Saturday.

Reaction score
I've not gotten anything about my Triple Ship yet. Subscriptions don't show up in the My Subscriptions on Matty Collector website until the first shipment of that sub is sent. I'm always nervous about the first shipment for triple or quarterly subs that they get to it and say oh your sub didn't go though for some reason and now the first few figures for that year are sold out.

Reaction score
Annnnnd Multi-Bot was sent to the wrong address. Good job, FedEx. And since they apparently don't deliver on weekends, he isn't coming to the (hopefully) correct address until Monday.

Reaction score
Multi-Bot finally came today. Woo!

To me honest I would love the robot soldier from the 87 movie.
I'm such a geek for that film that I not only know there are three distinct types, but what their names are (although I can't brag too much considering said names can be found in the end credits under a "Trooper, Warlord and Air Centurion Costumes Designed by" credit, so anyone with a copy of the movie can learn them).

The Troopers are, well, what their implies; the basic, no-frills disposable soldier. They carry blasters.
The Warlords are the ones with narrower helmets and long capes. They wield battle staves.
The Air Centurions are the floaty disc dudes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got a subscription email this morning:

2016 Club Grayskull Subscription: Triple Ship - Initial Figure 1 1 1 $20.00
2016 Club Grayskull Subscription: Triple Ship - 2nd Figure 1 1 1 $20.00
Shipping & Handling: $13.39
Tax: $2.72
Total: $56.11

So I'm guessing this is He-Man and Trap Jaw? And Evil Seed will ship later with one of the other shipments.

I'm excited!

Reaction score
Also got my Club Grayskull Triple-Ship subscription email this morning. No sign of Collectors Choice Triple-Ship yet thought. I'm not sure If I read on he-man.org if it had been delayed because of Vultak being late or something.

So I'm guessing this is He-Man and Trap Jaw? And Evil Seed will ship later with one of the other shipments.
Yeah I believe thats correct.

Will this be Filmation Evilseed? I always thought that version looked cooler.
Yeah its the Filmation Evilseed thats coming with Club Grayskull but he is the Subscription exclusive figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool. I lack a subscription, though. Guess it's the secondary market somewhere down the line for me, heh. It's no biggie. I've got my sights currently set on Lizard Man, anyway. Him and possibly Modulok.