Mattel - Masters of the Universe Classics

Reaction score
Cripes!

I recommend posting on the MattyCollector Facebook page, if you're not a member on He-Man.org. Might be some customisers on there who can help. I hope you get it sorted out soon, mate!
Thanks for the advice. I dont use facebook but I might try at the He-man.org. Im little bit angry about this.

Reaction score
I missed out on the hover robots. Guess I'll try to pick them up in November.

In good news, I'm at Celebration!

Reaction score
They look decent. Would've preferred Multi-bot tread-legs on Twistoid, but whaddyagonnado? Looking forward to adding them to the collection. I'll get two sets. One for legs, one for gyro-engines.

Reaction score
I'm diggin the legs option, they'll display much nicer than my vintage Rotar & Twistoid who are just kind of slumped at the bottom of the shelf.

Reaction score
Well, Vintage Twistoid could at least stand up in his Buzz-Cutter, as I recall. Best Rotar could ever manage is reclining propped up on one elbow on his Gear Grinder.

Reaction score
Spirit of Grayskull is up for sale, if anyone wants him! (Well, he is as of 6:44 p.m.GMT)

Last edited:
Reaction score
And he's down again. Looks like he was up for an hour and a half, from 5:30 p.m - 7:00 p.m. GMT. Which would be 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EST.

Look like I bagged mine just in time. I'll keep checking back and posting for anyone else who might still want to order theirs. I guess today I got l . . . LLLLL . . . .
I can't bring myself to use The L Word or any of its derivations. My timing was good today, is all.

Reaction score
MEGABEAST

Just a little playing around with the Modulok & Multi-Bot figures in an attempt to make a MegaBeast similar to the poster and mini-comics versions, but without too much parts duplication. I had to cheat a little bit and take one extra mid-pelvis from a second Modulok to get all the legs in. I also didn't get to use all the parts; a few splitters, sockets, and one MultiBot hip were all that I left out.

Front Right:

Front Left:

Rear View:

I may try to repaint Galen's pupils again, and certainly paint the underside of the shoulder-tail green like the original.

Reaction score
I know the original was called a "pet snake." Some people have repurposed it as a snake-themed blaster. To me, it looks like a club with MesoAmerican design influences. But the question remains . . . .

Reaction score
I always thought it was like a walking stick that Sssqueeze actually needed due to his disproportionate body weight.

Reaction score
Over at It's All True.net, this discussion has turned that thing to a Snake Army Knife. It fires lasers out of its eyes, the tongue is a taser when powered up (or tongue depressor when it's turned off, for when Tung Lashor is feeling ill) It can be used as a club or walking stick (a sssssshhhhilelagh, is how DayRaven put it). The looped tail can be used to hook enemy weapons or body parts for disarming or tripping or hurling. It's also heavy enough to use as a battering ram. Oh, and if necessary, it can be used as a prostate probe.

Forget the Power Sword or the Havoc Staff. That purple thing up there is now the coolest weapon in MOTU. };D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Man, those SDCC reveals are looking pretty dang sweet. COuple of things I would've done differently (working ab-wheel for Dragstor, vac-metal on FF He-Man), but everything else is looking amazing. Especially Saurod. WOW.

Reaction score
Hey Beedo,
Whats with the green Granamyr? Is that from the comic or something, I thought the red one was how he appeared on the cartoon, no?

Reaction score
Very exciting Matty Palooza indeed! I thought for sure I was going to save money on this line next year, but I'm betting with snake mountain and shipping for everything it'll still be around a grand to go all in.

Reaction score
I've already signed up for two Collectors' Choice subs. I'll probably just go for one Filmation sub when they get around to posting the sign-up. I'm all in for Snake Mountain and the rest, too! All they have to do is post the sale pages, and I'm there!

Reaction score
Just watched the Mattypalooza panel and was blown away. Wish Hasbro would pay attention cuz that's how it's done!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm that Point Dread and the Talon Fighter will come with Teela 2.0!

Also, I got these guys today, one to open, one to keep just in case. And the one I opened was the second figure this year that looked like it had the residue of someone's lunch welded to it. Was able to remove the offending grime with some scratching and scrubbing, but it left the surface of the battle axe scratched on one side (turned to hide it). COME ON! These are $30 figures even without shipping factored in, people! Is it too much to ask for some freakin' quality control?

Having said that, slight cosmetic damage to a figure is mitigated by patience paying off and not having to pay a scalper ridiculous amounts to get it . . . .

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the Teela that is to come out with the Point Dread & Talon Fighter going to be in the MOTUC style or the new Filmation style?
She's in the MOTUC style but based on her Filmation appearance, much like the MAA that came with the Battle Ram was based on his Filmation appearance (except his head which was 200x). She's not in the new Filmation style line.

Some great reveals at SDCC this year. Darius is amazing, and I'm pleased with most of the Collectors' Choice sub. The weak figure for me is General Sunder who I've just never really been fussed about. My personal choice for that slot would have been kittrina. I would have also preferred Crita to be in her battle armor version, but still pleased to be getting her.
I'm glad they're bringing back the Mini-Masters.
Personally I've no interest in the Filmation style line, but am happy for the people who wanted figures in that style.
But the best news is the price drop!

Last edited:
Reaction score
As the Power-Con fury rages on, I find my interest waning in this brand. What I liked about MOTUC was that it was much more readily accessible than any other collectible line has been in ages. Miss a convention? No problem, we'll sell it on our website afterward, and it'll last longer than ten minutes. Heck, even the Chase Figures are made readily available to all at the end of the year. About the only deviations have been the Battle Armour Faker, Treasure Chest Imp, and the lucky draw / charity raffle prizes. This year's Rotar and Twistoid only lasted two hours, but at least that's better than a lot of other toy sites have managed . . . and there's the chance they'll show up again later in the year.

Now, if these Power-Con exclusives lead to more figures we can only get by going to a convention or paying extortionate amounts to the organisers for the possibility of a chance to get them, there goes the ease of collection. Being the cynical guy I am, I can see them saying: "Looks how many tickets we sold! 379 attendees, 10,423 non-attendees who only bought tickets to get the exclusives! We are a force to be reckoned with! We must have more and better exclusives and make them damn near impossible to get unless you come to our piddly little convention and make obeisance to our massive egos!" (I'm also very snarky.) And the wretched thing is, the numbers will make sense, and they'll likely get the go-ahead for more and more exclusives, and it will royally hack a lot of people off, and the line will die. Worst-case scenario.

Best case scenario? This has already hacked off enough people that they (like me) will refuse to play ball, and Power-Con's exclusives scheme will fail and they'll never try this kind of stunt again.

Hobbies should not cause you anger and stress like this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As the Power-Con fury rages on, I find my interest waning in this brand. What I liked about MOTUC was that it was much more readily accessible than any other collectible line has been in ages. Miss a convention? No problem, we'll sell it on our website afterward, and it'll last longer than ten minutes. Heck, even the Chase Figures are made readily available to all at the end of the year. About the only deviations have been the Battle Armour Faker, Treasure Chest Imp, and the lucky draw / charity raffle prizes. This year's Rotar and Twistoid only lasted two hours, but at least that's better than a lot of other toy sites have managed . . . and there's the chance they'll show up again later in the year.

Now, if these Power-Con exclusives lead to more figures we can only get by going to a convention or paying extortionate amounts to the organisers for the possibility of a chance to get them, there goes the ease of collection. Being the cynical guy I am, I can see them saying: "Looks how many tickets we sold! 379 attendees, 10,423 non-attendees who only bought tickets to get the exclusives! We are a force to be reckoned with! We must have more and better exclusives and make them damn near impossible to get unless you come to our piddly little convention and make obeisance to our massive egos!" (I'm also very snarky.) And the wretched thing is, the numbers will make sense, and they'll likely get the go-ahead for more and more exclusives, and it will royally hack a lot of people off, and the line will die. Worst-case scenario.

Best case scenario? This has already hacked off enough people that they (like me) will refuse to play ball, and Power-Con's exclusives scheme will fail and they'll never try this kind of stunt again.

Hobbies should not cause you anger and stress like this.
I don't see why there is Power-Con rage.... you can get the exclusives regardless if you attend or not... and look at them... repaints.... and not good ones if you ask me.

BTW, did I miss the Thundercat's subscription?

X

Reaction score
I don't see why there is Power-Con rage.... you can get the exclusives regardless if you attend or not... and look at them... repaints.... and not good ones if you ask me.
Well, for starters, they're not going to sell the figures on MattyCollector.com after the convention, something that's been done with every other convention exclusive so far apart from the raffle prizes, Treasure Chest Imp, and Battle Armour Faker. Secondly, if you want the figures and you can't go, you also have to buy a ticket for the convention anyway, AND pay a premium on top of that, something we've never had to do before. Thirdly, these have been produced in a much smaller, limited run, and they're making a big point of "You probably won't get these," which is not a way to make friends in the collector community, especially the long-time fans and completists. And finally, while I, personally, can live without these figures, there are a lot of fans who have wanted these particular figures for a long time, and being told you can't get them very easily, have to buy a ticket anyway, pay a premium as well, and probably won't get one . . . . yeah. That's where the rage comes from.

For me, it's more like a case of: if this takes off, what's to stop them from doing the same thing again and again and again, and with items more people -- including me -- might want? What if they pull the same kind of stunt with Stridor? They can use this to say: "Look how many tickets we sold! (397 actual attendees, 10,574 non-attendees who just wanted the figures) We are a force to be reckoned with! We want to do this again!" And Mattel will simply look at the numbers and agree, not giving a toss how it makes the wider fan base -- their actual paying customers -- feel.

Furthermore, and much more importantly, it's a very small clique of the fandom flexing their proverbial muscles and deciding what direction the brand goes in and who gets access to it (i.e. them and their friends, mainly, and everyone else can go hang), and making everyone else jump through hoops.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm hoping to actually go to power con next year, but not really interested in the figures so it doesn't really bother me I guess.. I am more upset by the fact that I didn't get early access to the SDCC items from subscribing to the regular and 200X subs and therefore missed out on Rotar and Twistoid and that the King Hiss torso is going to cost more. I guess I will just do without them (and the hover robots) unless they are all on sale at the same time Cyber Monday.

I really appreciate that non-convention attendees will be able to pick up the repaints directly from the convention if they are so interested.

Reaction score
It's not so much "will" as "might possibly," mate. People who go to the convention get to buy as many as three of each. Non-Attendees get a crack at one each. Watch eBay explode immediately after the convention, and the majority of the people who can't afford to go be told "Sorry, all sold out."

Oh, and did I mention, no refunds or exchanges if you get a broken or damaged item?

Yeah.

Reaction score
I'm hoping to actually go to power con next year, but not really interested in the figures so it doesn't really bother me I guess.. I am more upset by the fact that I didn't get early access to the SDCC items from subscribing to the regular and 200X subs and therefore missed out on Rotar and Twistoid and that the King Hiss torso is going to cost more. I guess I will just do without them (and the hover robots) unless they are all on sale at the same time Cyber Monday.

I really appreciate that non-convention attendees will be able to pick up the repaints directly from the convention if they are so interested.

Any ideas how these exclusives will be available to non attendees? I wouldn't mine the Camo Kahn and maybe the red Beast Man.

Reaction score
Well I forgot to order my sub (alot going on here :(
Are there any other options for securing all of the figures?

Reaction score
Well I forgot to order my sub (alot going on here :(
Are there any other options for securing all of the figures?
I'd try posting on the Matty Collector forums, and ask if's there's any way you can still buy a sub. Maybe PM CatrasWrath on there as well, if she still works for Matty and ask her the same.
Alternatively there's the Marketplace forum on He-Man.org.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd try posting on the Matty Collector forums, and ask if's there's any way you can still buy a sub. Maybe PM CatrasWrath on there as well, if she still works for Matty and ask her the same.
Alternatively there's the Marketplace forum on He-Man.org.
I'll give it a try, thanks!

Reaction score
Anyone catch the Point Dread and Talon fighter with Teela reveal at Grayskull-Con? The ship and playset look great, still don't know the price though...

Reaction score
I've seen pictures. Teela is not looking as good as I'd hoped. Haven't heard about the price though. What's the skinny on that?