Mattel - Masters of the Universe Classics

Reaction score
Got my sub yesterday, really hoping all goes through like normal. (Though I did cut back on sub this year)

Reaction score
Final tally was 90% Close enough that they're extending the sign-up period from the 22nd to the 25th.

Anyone sitting on the fence, might be a good idea to sign up this weekend.

Reaction score
Okay, gang, this is it. The last weekend chance to sign up for the subs, in case you were sitting on the fence. The sub doesn't go through, we don't get anything, except some really jacked-up quarterly items.

Reaction score
At this point, mate, eBay and Amazon are your best bet for rounding up anything not yet in your collection. And I'm afraid it'll get very, very expensive.

Reaction score
ha, yeah, the prices were always an issue for me to put them hold. Between Star Wars, GI Joe and Marvel Select and buying guns, I just had to put He-Man on hold.

Reaction score
Doubledown: Well, back when MOTU was first starting out, the origins of the characters were VERY different. He-Man was a member of a Stone-Age jungle tribe who decided one day to go out and fight evil. He rescued a green woman (The Goddess) from a wild beast, and was deemed worthy to be Eternia's champion. He was given an axe, a shield, a sword, two power harnesses (one which generates a force-field, one which greatly increases his strength), and the Battle Ram, which can travel in space and time. He carved his new home by punching the heck out of a giant boulder, was a bit snarky, and gained a few allies in defending Castle Grayskull against the inter-dimensional demon, Skeletor, and his flunkies.

Then came the Filmation cartoon with the Prince Adam story, and the jungle He-Man was largely forgotten. Fast-forward to MOTU Classics, and the notion that here have been many, many He-Men throughout the centuries (so-called because they guard the mystic Sword of He) crops up, with "Oo-Lar the Jungle He-Man" being the last "random" He-Man before the title passes back to the royal lineage of King Grayskull in the form of Prince Adam. So, Oo-Lar was retconned into being the original mini-comics He-Man with a funny new name.
Hi Beedo,
Has Mattel released any other figures from those mini-comics or is Oo-Lar set to be the first? Thanks :)

Reaction score
Demo-Man came with an early mini-comics-inspired Skeletor head.

The Goddess is an early mini-comics version of Teela. She's translucent green and tends to suffer from Exploding Crotch Syndrome, owing to a manufacturing error that left her hip assembly much more brittle than the rest of her.

Battleground (Bikini) Teela is based on the comic book version of the character, but if you take her head and pop it on a standard Teela body, you can make an early mini-comics Teela.

Preternia Disguise He-Man only ever appeared in the final vintage mini-comic before he became a sub exclusive a couple of years back.

Horde Prime got an optional UK comics head packed in with him.

Procrustus the four-armed giant only appeared on two pages of "The Magic Stealer."

Temple of Darkness Sorceress is a white repaint with Teela boots from the mini-comic of the same name.

Strobo was in the comics, but not the mini-comics (dunno if you count that or not).

Geldor was the main villain in "The Secret Liquid of Life."

The Unnamed One only got mentioned once in the last vintage mini-comic before he became this year's sub exclusive.

Goat Man was in one illustrated story book (dunno if you count that or not).

. . . and I think that about covers it, mate.

Reaction score
My pleasure, mate. Been a MOTU fan since 1982. 'Course, I can't always remember which versions of which rules we have to use at work for making changes to customers' credit accounts, but I can tell you all kinds of obscure stuff about people and places that don't actually exist. };D

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, the blue Mer-Man that came with Aquaman in those Toys R Us 2-Packs could be considered an early mini-comics version, as well. Keep forgetting about those 2-Pack variants.

Reaction score
Glad (and relieved) the sub went through and we can complete the collection. Really looking forward to Saurod, Sssqueeze, Laser Power He-Man and Laser Lights Skeletor, Dragstor, Peekablue and Blast Attak!!

Reaction score
Anyone buying the MOTU Giants? I like Skeletor and Beastman. Don't like the fact that there isn't any mini comics or packaing you can open and reseal again.

Reaction score
Oh, heck, no. Huge, expensive, and an enormous step backward in sculpting and artistry. Wouldn't take 'em if I were paid to do so.

Reaction score
Agreed, I can't really think of a figure I would want scaled up like that. That's never been my scale, and I'm not about to start investing in it. Now, I do like the larger figures in my collection - Tytus, Megator, Procrustus, Granamyr, Shadow Beast, Gygor,... Frost Giant, Sentinal, Stay Puff, Nazgul, and the three Lotr trolls. But they are in scale with smaller stuff :)

Reaction score
Exactly. The occasional huge item that's in scale with the stuff I collect: that's fine. In fact, I'd like to see a few more such items. An entire line of huge stuff? Forget it.

Reaction score
ah. Thanks. I was never a big fan of the Cartoon. I loved the toys before the cartoon was ever made.
I'd watch the cartoon, but we always made fun of Priss Adam.

Reaction score
Any news from nycc? It seems like it's been so long since the announcements from San Diego. Opened all the new POP stuff last month, daughters probably enjoyed them more than me. While I appreciate the detail in the sculpted hair, I wish it was softer plastic that didn't hinder the head articulation. Waiting to open Rio Blast and most of the NA figures.

Reaction score
"Spirit of King Grayskull" is the 2015 Chase figure. I really only want one to look like the statute from MYP and park it in the Motuc Castle Grayskull. Glow in the dark? Not really important to me..

Reaction score
I really hate the Chase Figure method of figure sales. I really hope they do the same thing as this year: offer the Chase and Travelling Convention figures to subscribers on Early Access for a decent amount of time first.

This is a sweet figure, all things said and done. Hope to get it really soon.

Reaction score
Not buying anything this month. There's only eldor i want/can buy as a cherry picker and its just not worth the shipping. Better this way cause next month's going to be a killer snd then hopefully there's black friday/cyber monday to look forward to. Maybe finally i can buy the sky sled for cheap.

Reaction score
Yeah. Wow. Here's hoping MOTUC 2015 goes off without compromise and hitches. I don't believe in luck, so I'll wish him success, instead.

Reaction score
They're saying he's coming to Habsro, we'll see. Just in time for Ep VII.

Looking forward to news re this year's BF/CM.

Reaction score
If he gets them to re-release the original version of the Cobra Night Raven S3P, that would be spectacular.

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone's figures are discoloring. I have a few figures still sealed and in the white shipping box and they look like there is a white discolor on them. Is this common? Can it be fix if I take them out of the package.
Thanks

Reaction score
Yes, it's a problem that's been discussed extensively on matty and the .org. Apparently, putting a hairdryer to the blister will remove the white residue on the figure. Never tried it myself, havent looked at my misb figures in ages.

Reaction score
SO I know this isn't a Mattel thing... it's for the mini-statues put out a few years ago. I just don't know where else to post. I found a Hordak Mini-statue on Gamestop's website. Totally psyched. It was in stock, around $25, and I have been looking for this for a while now. Well... If you shop at Gamestop, be careful! I'm not sure if anyone buys anything from them, but they're a trusted company right? Anyway...

If you order something online that shows it's in stock, it might not be. Their FAQ's show that they have 4 statuses: Pre-order, Usually ships in 24 hours (available now), back ordered, and currently unavailable online. It may show that it ships in 24 hours, but they may not actually have it. And if you want to cancel your "pending" order, THEY WON'T DO IT. I spoke to online support this morning, and they refused to cancel my order even though the site's FAQ's state that you can cancel an order. They said that I can send it back whenever it finally ships to me; which is a time frame that they can't confirm. So I have this pending order that will remain pending for an indefinite period of time. The item I ordered isn't made anymore, and they're saying that the manufacturer will be sending them more "soon." How can a manufacturer send them something that they haven't made for over 5 years? Once the inventory is gone, it's gone... they can't replace it, right! I've never dealt with a company that won't cancel an order. Even little small businesses will cancel an order that they can't currently fulfill, but not this national company.

Tell me if this is logical: based on their chat conversation with me, and in their FAQ's, if it's not in stock, the button to "add to cart" is supposed to be grayed out. The chat person confirmed that this is the rule. Gray = not in stock. Red = in stock and will ship in 24 hours. NOT out of stock. NOT back ordered. NOT pre-ordered. NOT "need to wait for the manufacturer to send it to us." It means, in stock and will be sent out to me roughly within a day. Chat person confirms that the button is still red and means it's in stock... no exception to the rule, and yet also confirms that they do not have the item in stock. So which is it? Is this not misleading? "We can't confirm a time frame," is what they said regarding when it will be back in stock. I can't cancel my order even though the company is unable to fulfill their side of the order agreement, and even though their site says that you can cancel depending on where the order is in the process. If you rely on a statement from a company when deciding whether or not to go ahead with a purchase, and this turns out to be wrong or untrue, this is identified as misrepresentation. If you enter into this type of transaction, then you are to be able to cancel the transaction. Apparently, this doesn't apply to GameStop. Luckily, this is only for a $30 item, and they luckily haven't charged my card yet. So I guess that this accounts for something. Just be careful.

Reaction score
SO I know this isn't a Mattel thing... it's for the mini-statues put out a few years ago. I just don't know where else to post. I found a Hordak Mini-statue on Gamestop's website. Totally psyched. It was in stock, around $25, and I have been looking for this for a while now. Well... If you shop at Gamestop, be careful! I'm not sure if anyone buys anything from them, but they're a trusted company right? Anyway...

If you order something online that shows it's in stock, it might not be. Their FAQ's show that they have 4 statuses: Pre-order, Usually ships in 24 hours (available now), back ordered, and currently unavailable online. It may show that it ships in 24 hours, but they may not actually have it. And if you want to cancel your "pending" order, THEY WON'T DO IT. I spoke to online support this morning, and they refused to cancel my order even though the site's FAQ's state that you can cancel an order. They said that I can send it back whenever it finally ships to me; which is a time frame that they can't confirm. So I have this pending order that will remain pending for an indefinite period of time. The item I ordered isn't made anymore, and they're saying that the manufacturer will be sending them more "soon." How can a manufacturer send them something that they haven't made for over 5 years? Once the inventory is gone, it's gone... they can't replace it, right! I've never dealt with a company that won't cancel an order. Even little small businesses will cancel an order that they can't currently fulfill, but not this national company.

Tell me if this is logical: based on their chat conversation with me, and in their FAQ's, if it's not in stock, the button to "add to cart" is supposed to be grayed out. The chat person confirmed that this is the rule. Gray = not in stock. Red = in stock and will ship in 24 hours. NOT out of stock. NOT back ordered. NOT pre-ordered. NOT "need to wait for the manufacturer to send it to us." It means, in stock and will be sent out to me roughly within a day. Chat person confirms that the button is still red and means it's in stock... no exception to the rule, and yet also confirms that they do not have the item in stock. So which is it? Is this not misleading? "We can't confirm a time frame," is what they said regarding when it will be back in stock. I can't cancel my order even though the company is unable to fulfill their side of the order agreement, and even though their site says that you can cancel depending on where the order is in the process. If you rely on a statement from a company when deciding whether or not to go ahead with a purchase, and this turns out to be wrong or untrue, this is identified as misrepresentation. If you enter into this type of transaction, then you are to be able to cancel the transaction. Apparently, this doesn't apply to GameStop. Luckily, this is only for a $30 item, and they luckily haven't charged my card yet. So I guess that this accounts for something. Just be careful.
They sound like they're crazy. Hopefully it'll work out for you.