Mattel - Masters of the Universe Classics

Reaction score
I can't remember exactly. I've looked at so many sites and BBs over the last few days trying to find more information, I lost track. Might've been in the MattyCollector.com MOTUC Forum, but I can't guarantee that. If I find out, I'll post a link.
Just read about it on the Org. Apparently they now said we'll be refunded for it.

Reaction score
Looking forward to the line ending in a way, can play catch up cricket with the expensice figures im missing. It was a very very good line all things considered, but nowadays showing its age a bit esp without rocker ankles etc. So many good lines currently on the market, masterpiece tf, lego and so on ...

Reaction score
I'm hoping MOTU will continue after 2015, even if they have to rebrand it. So long as they keep the MOTUC size and articulation, that is.

I'm burnt out on Star Wars, G.I. Joe is effectively dead, Lego is bloody expensive (£250 for a Sandcrawler?!!), and whatever isn't some form of Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Starscream in TransFormers all seems to get dumped on the market in July/August, at the same time EVERY OTHER TOY COMPANY is releasing half its yearly freakin' product range onto the market. MOTUC is about the only line I can muster a great deal of enthusiasm for these days.

Reaction score
I'm confident that as long as the 2015 Sub get the minimum numbers then the line will be re-branded continue in 2016 using the same standard bucks. They have such a vast library of tooled parts now (which thay are going to want to get as much return on as possible) they can continue releasing figure with minimal new tooling i.e. just new head, armor and weapons, and I'd be happy with this. However I would not buy a line that was 100% repaints.
I really want to complete the vintage NA figures and other essential figures from other media, and most of these could be done with with minimal new tooling and creative use of existing tooling.
I'm not really fussed about any of the new characters that have been created for Classics though, especially the CAC contest characters.
What ever characters they are thinking of doing in 2016 though they need to feature some of them in the 2015 mini-comic though as featuring less demanded characters does help create more demand for them. I myself wasn't interested in Red Beast until in he was in one of the mini-comics but now I really want him.

Also assuming the main 2015 sub goes through then 2015 will also get a mini-sub. They've done one the past three years so if they're pitching this as the last year then they'd be crazy not to do one. Rumors are it will be NA or 200x. I'm hoping for NA but I'd take either, or both even, now that would be amazing and one hell of a last year.

I see PowerCon NYC is in serious danger of being cancelled if they don't sell enough tickets by this weekend. So anyone considering going should snap up tickets sooner rather then later.

Reaction score
I'd love to go to PowerCon (or any con, really). But I don't have the time, the funds, and the freedom to do so. Plus, I don't generally hear about them until the tickets are up for ordering, and by then it's too late to apply for a visa to visit the USA. Besides, if I'm hopping back across the Atlantic, I'd rather spend the time and money visiting my friends and aliit. When I don't have any more family duties over here, I may consider it.

Reaction score
Pumped for the SDCC reveals and it looks like we're currently at 40% of the sub sell in - not a bad percentage with no figures shown yet.

Also we get Flogg and Double Trouble next week!

Reaction score
Got some links over on MattyCollector's forums showing leaked images NA She-Ra, Sweet Bee, and Tung Lashor.

Also, Kowl & Loo-Kee are up on the store page, limited to 4 per customer, which should make things fairer.

Reaction score
. . . . aaaaaaand, they're off the site again. Wouldn't be surprised if they cropped up again during the SDCC festivities. I'm working all weekend, so I can't really keep an eye out, I'm afraid.

Reaction score
Its a great day to be a MOTU classic and he-man fan.
If you haven't checked out mattycollector.com for all the new sdcc motuc GO NOW!

Reaction score
Yes, Doubledown, those are the robots Skeletor had in the 1980s Filmation series. They're being sold as a "travelling" Convention-Exclusive 3-Pack, same as with Temple of Darkness Sorceress, Strobo, and Goat Man. If you can't make it to a convention, they may be sold early in 2015 to subscribers via Early Access, and if there are any left, will be sold at the end of 2015 to the general public via the usual MattyCollector site.

And, oh, man, I am SO looking forward to the next 17 months! Giddy and squealing like a schoolgirl.

Reaction score
Yes, Doubledown, those are the robots Skeletor had in the 1980s Filmation series. They're being sold as a "travelling" Convention-Exclusive 3-Pack, same as with Temple of Darkness Sorceress, Strobo, and Goat Man. If you can't make it to a convention, they may be sold early in 2015 to subscribers via Early Access, and if there are any left, will be sold at the end of 2015 to the general public via the usual MattyCollector site.

And, oh, man, I am SO looking forward to the next 17 months! Giddy and squealing like a schoolgirl.
Thanks Beedo!!

Reaction score
Great showing for MOTUC - I love pretty much everything shown apart from Arrow and the Hover Robots. Ninjor looks phenomenal and I'm so glad to finally see Gwildor and Mermista being released. The 200X He-Man and King Hsss are epic, totally digging those, especially the new snake form attachment.

Reaction score
Agreed, looking forward to MOST of the reveals, but have a few nitpicks. I think I'm actually going to pass on the $110 battle ram with new MAA. I guess I could always customize the extra dekkar head if I really wanted a 200x Duncan, but I'm content with the two we've already gotten. I can live without the back half of the vehicle if that's the only way it's going to be released. Not sure why Gwildor and the last POP slot have to cost more. I get that there are more paint apps here, but it seems they are including more than we have come to expect. NA She-Ra seems out of place in the POP sub, as the whole point was to get the remaining POP characters made by end of 2015, not new variations from new mini comics. I think she would have made a better traveling exclusive. As cool as Snake He-Man looks, I'm concerned about getting the other two remaining vintage variations in the final 9 months..

Other than that, really looking forward to Tung Lashor, Ninjor, Lizard Man, the hover robots, and even Oolar. I hope the robots will be easier to acquire than the Horde troopers and the current exclusive 2 pack. Also, it will be fun to be able to change up He-Man heads even more.

I can't imagine any current subscribers not subbing for 2015 as we know almost exactly what is still to come..

Reaction score
Doubledown: Well, back when MOTU was first starting out, the origins of the characters were VERY different. He-Man was a member of a Stone-Age jungle tribe who decided one day to go out and fight evil. He rescued a green woman (The Goddess) from a wild beast, and was deemed worthy to be Eternia's champion. He was given an axe, a shield, a sword, two power harnesses (one which generates a force-field, one which greatly increases his strength), and the Battle Ram, which can travel in space and time. He carved his new home by punching the heck out of a giant boulder, was a bit snarky, and gained a few allies in defending Castle Grayskull against the inter-dimensional demon, Skeletor, and his flunkies.

Then came the Filmation cartoon with the Prince Adam story, and the jungle He-Man was largely forgotten. Fast-forward to MOTU Classics, and the notion that here have been many, many He-Men throughout the centuries (so-called because they guard the mystic Sword of He) crops up, with "Oo-Lar the Jungle He-Man" being the last "random" He-Man before the title passes back to the royal lineage of King Grayskull in the form of Prince Adam. So, Oo-Lar was retconned into being the original mini-comics He-Man with a funny new name.

He-Guy: You might think that people wouldn't balk, but I've read posts from people who are thinking of cancelling their subs because of Oo-Lar, not subbing because of the Snake Amour He-Man vs. King Hssss 2-Pack, and complaining vehemently about Lizard Man. And you know what? I offered to buy those figures off these people. Because of all the line, they were going to refuse to sub or cancel their subs because of ONE OR TWO ITEMS. Which I would be happy to take off their hands. And when I offered, they refused.

So, in essence, they're cutting off everyone else's noses to spite their own face. If they don't want a large number of the figures, or they're upset with Mattel and Digital River's slipshod handling of the products, or they can't afford it, I'd be fine with that. But risking the entire sub not going through for all the fans because of ONE OR TWO ITEMS? Selfish gits.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Doubledown: Well, back when MOTU was first starting out, the origins of the characters were VERY different. He-Man was a member of a Stone-Age jungle tribe who decided one day to go out and fight evil. He rescued a green woman (The Goddess) from a wild beast, and was deemed worthy to be Eternia's champion. He was given an axe, a shield, a sword, two power harnesses (one which generates a force-field, one which greatly increases his strength), and the Battle Ram, which can travel in space and time. He carved his new home by punching the heck out of a giant boulder, was a bit snarky, and gained a few allies in defending Castle Grayskull against the inter-dimensional demon, Skeletor, and his flunkies.

Then came the Filmation cartoon with the Prince Adam story, and the jungle He-Man was largely forgotten. Fast-forward to MOTU Classics, and the notion that here have been many, many He-Men throughout the centuries (so-called because they guard the mystic Sword of He) crops up, with "Oo-Lar the Jungle He-Man" being the last "random" He-Man before the title passes back to the royal lineage of King Grayskull in the form of Prince Adam. So, Oo-Lar was retconned into being the original mini-comics He-Man with a funny new name.
I'm old enough to remember these mini-comics that came with the original MOTU figures from the '80's ;) I always like that origin story, since He-man reminded me somewhat of a savage cave-man, and I also thought it was cool that he reminded me of Conan from the Marvel comics from that same early '80's era (it helped that the artist of the mini-comics, A. Alcala?!, also drew some of the Conan comics).

I remember that I always preferred that original origin story to the whole Prince Adam origin, which reminded me too much of Clark Kent/Superman - i.e., Adam in the cartoons looked almost exactly like He-man, except for the outfit...I could never figure out how people were fooled by this, other than the obvious, i.e. Adam was "hiding in plain sight"....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember these mini-comics that came with the original MOTU figures from the '80's ;) I always like that origin story, since He-man reminded me somewhat of a savage cave-man, and I also thought it was cool that he reminded me of Conan from the Marvel comics from that same early '80's era (it helped that the artist of the mini-comics, A. Alcala?!, also drew some of the Conan comics).

I remember that I always preferred that original origin story to the whole Prince Adam origin, which reminded me too much of Clark Kent/Superman - i.e., Adam in the cartoons looked almost exactly like He-man, except for the outfit...I could never figure out how people were fooled by this, other than the obvious, i.e. Adam was "hiding in plain sight"....
Also, He-Man had a tan. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
That world in the original lil comix that came with the figs was dark and weird. I loved it.

I always hated how kidded-out the stupid cartoon was as a kid, but of course we watched it while we played with he-man/etc.

Reaction score
All filmation cartoons were childish and stupid :) come to think of it, all of the american cartoons i can remember, from punky brewster, to hulk hogan via denver were like that. Good thing we had lots of 70s Japanese anime on tv in Europe.

Reaction score
Imagine that, cartoons being childish. Say the grown men who play with toys. :p
Come on :p

it's not - i guess - a crit if the cartoons per se, but more a question if tastes. More often than not, Japanese cartoons dealt with much more adult themes, and best of all, they didn't have that annoying 'moral of the story' bit tacked on the ending :p

Reaction score
The thing about Western TV cartoons (as opposed to the cinematic ones), is that until recently, they were almost exclusively aimed at kids. They weren't high art exploring complex themes, they were for laughs or for selling toys and bedsheets and the like. Occasionally, you'd get something like The Flintstones or South Park, which were aimed at whole families or adults, but they were the glaring exception until a few years ago. Whereas in Japan, if you've got an epic story that's too expensive or otherwise ambitious to film live, animation is a widely-accepted instant option.

The childishness of the Filmation cartoons wasn't entirely a bad thing, in my book. Besides hammering home the important lessons with the subtlety of a rhino-horn up the backside, they were entertaining and didn't try to force kids to grow up too fast and/or face the nastiness of real life at too young an age, as seems to be norm these days. Also, my last ex, who suffered almost unbelievable neglect and abuse when she was a child, loved the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons; they were much-needed escape and helped her to become the strong, independent person she is.

Reaction score
How am i supposed to Subscribe when EVERY TIME I go their website, I get "Currently Unavailable"??? I can't sub if you won't allow me.

Reaction score
I don't know why they won't make more Horde Troopers, Predalien. They just refuse to, saying there's not emough demand or some such bullcrap.

Sacred Knight, if you have trouble with the website, I suggest you call MattyCollector on their GO-MATTTY number, give them your details, and get them to sign you up over the phone. I do this whenever their site glitches for EA and day-of-sale, and it seems to work fine. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
so it's not CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE to you?
I wonder why it is just to me
2015 Club Eternia Subscription Quarterly Shipment Option
I don't know why they won't make more Horde Troopers, Predalien. They just refuse to, saying there's not emough demand or some such bullcrap.

Sacred Knight, if you have trouble with the website, I suggest you call MattyCollector on their GO-MATTTY number, give them your details, and get them to sign you up over the phone. I do this whenever their site glitches for EA and day-of-sale, and it seems to work fine. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Nope. I go to the online store, click on subs, click on Quarterly 2015 Club Eternia, and it takes me to the ordering page:

2015 Club Eternia Subscription Quarterly Shipment Option

If this still doesn't work for you, try calling MattyCollector on 1-877-GO-MATTY (or 001-877-GO-MATTY if you're outside the USA), like I suggest above. They're very good at getting stuff sorted out over the phone.

Reaction score
I called that number, starts with 877, and we got it fixed. oddly enough, it was my CHROME browser that was blocking it...and I have no idea why.
Firefox had no problem with it. So thanks for the idea. I just thought it was down for everyone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My pleasure, mate; glad I could help. There have been so many complaints about website glitches (for some and not others, which has happened to me a lot), I thought I'd better share my handy tip with as many people as possible. Because I WANT THIS SUB TO GO THROUGH!

Reaction score
Because I WANT THIS SUB TO GO THROUGH!
Well I did my part after I got home from work today! I've always waited till the last day to sub and even tho this year Matty decided to put a cap on it I still waited. Hopefully it will go thru cause what has been revealed so far is sweeeet!!