Mattel - Masters of the Universe Classics

Reaction score
Well, I figured this news deserved its own thread!! Apparently Mattel is at the NYCC and is displaying a brand new King Grayskull figure in its package from the brand new MOTU Classics line
. The only picture found on the net so far is pretty grainy, but the report is legit. Hopefully they will announce more plans during their collector panel on Saturday.

And for those of you asking, King Grayskull is a character from one of the season 2 episodes of the new MOTU cartoon series.

Reaction score
Re: Masters of the Universe Classics

Thanks man! Awsome news. HUGE MOTU fan here!

Reaction score

Count me in with this line - can't wait to see pics!

Reaction score

So, like the cold-cast statues, does anyone know if this line will be compatible with what they have already made (as in the recent stuff from a few years ago)? I would really hate to have to reinvest in a new line of the same stuff.

Reaction score

From the early report, they are a little bulkier.

Apparently the figure is not in the case now that the con is open. The only thing Mattel has in the case right now is a vintage "Wonder Bread" He-Man. The new stuff is supposedly going to be revealed at Mattel's MOTU collector panel tomorrow afternoon.

It's going to be very hard to sleep tonight

Reaction score

Wow, a whole new line, this is great news. I wonder what kind of price point we are looking at for the figures. And please let's hope the He-Man and Skeletor variants are kept to a minimum

Reaction score

There were a few updates from the Mattel q'n'a session. They said the line will be similiar to the Mattel DC Universe line currently in stores, so I'm guessing the pricepoint will be around $8-12. They also said that the waves will be evenly shipped, so that means no cases with six Skeletors and one Beastman. They also stated that they are definately listening to the collectors on this line as it is not going to be a kid-oriented line.

Reaction score

toyman said:
There were a few updates from the Mattel q'n'a session. They said the line will be similiar to the Mattel DC Universe line currently in stores, so I'm guessing the pricepoint will be around $8-12. They also said that the waves will be evenly shipped, so that means no cases with six Skeletors and one Beastman. They also stated that they are definately listening to the collectors on this line as it is not going to be a kid-oriented line.
Ah, music to my ears. Looks like I'll have to split my time between Rebelscum and He-Man.org! Hopefully Mattel will give the .org members a chance at the exclusives like they did with Keldor and She-Ra.

And those prices I can live with, especially considering what we are paying for SW figs now.

Reaction score

grayskull looks sick but i am still peeved at the way mattel handled them. i sure hope them will fix their [censored] backwards distribution.

Reaction score

boff123 said:
grayskull looks sick but i am still peeved at the way mattel handled them. i sure hope them will fix their [censored] backwards distribution.
Yeah, the distribution of the last line was horrible and I'm not happy about this being an exclusive - there is no way I'm getting to San Diego this year. Guess I'll have to kiss some scummer butt around here and have someone pick one up.

Reaction score

This is great! Takes me back to my childhood big time.

Reaction score

jlcmsu said:
This is great! Takes me back to my childhood big time.
Same here. I'm not sure I'll get every figure though. I'm tempted to get all the ones I had as a kid (if they even make half of them) but I'll probably just keep it to the core characters.

Reaction score

Every figure in the line for me! MOTU for me ranks right up there with Star Wars! Spent many childhood hours recreating cartoon battles with MOTU figures.

Reaction score

Anyone going to SDCC 08 if they are. Pick up a King Grayskull would be great. Just PM if you can
Thanks

Reaction score

I have to say, that Grayskull looks top-notch. I loved the MOTU line as a kid. I didn't get into the last line at all. But this may bring me back.

I especially love the old-school sword with Grayskull. Reminds me of my younger days. Ah, the memories.

Now, to try and make some arrangements.

Reaction score

If anyone going to sdcc could get me a king greyskull
Id be willing to reimburse you as well.

Reaction score

I like MOTU very very much and i want see what MOTU classic toys look like. I want beast man and other MOTU heroes and villains toys.

Reaction score

I like MOTU very very much and i want see what MOTU classic toys look like. I want beast man and other MOTU heroes and villains toys.

Reaction score

have all of the 200x series and stactions- looking forward to classics

Reaction score

I like the look of the toys, plus the new articulation... but I really don't want to end up having to re-purchase characters that I already have from the 2002 toy line. I'm mixed on this one. Though I really ought to just get the two or so figures I need from the 2002 series and just call it quits

Reaction score

king Grayskull is going to be 30 bucks at SDCC. A little more then i thought it was going to be. I have a feeling they are going to milk as much out of this line as they can, because if this is not a line that makes it could be the very last time you see he-man.

austin

Reaction score

That's about the price that I expected it to be considering the deluxe nature of the packaging and all. I saw a QnA on another site that had given the same info. They also said that there would pretty much be no limit on what you can buy, so that tells me that they are making a bunch of them and they shouldn't be too pricy on the aftermarket. The chase one will still probably be hard to get though.

Reaction score

I might get He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, and Evil-Lyn. Other than those, I have no interest in the rest of the characters.

Reaction score

Well Mattel announced that you will only be able to get these figures from THEM online. AND ONLY 1 FIGURE A MONTH IS COMING OUT!

So I really dont see this line lasting very long. No one really knows the facts on this. But what they have mentioned earlier, shows that stores are still feeling burned on the 200X version.

If they started with the first 8 at once, I wouldnt mind the 1 figure a month after the 8.

Price + crazy shipping prices (its always the big companies that charge the big [censored] shipping cost) + losing the customers that refuse to buy online and losing the customers at stores that did not know that a new line was coming out = marked for death before it even started. Thats Mattel for you.

Plus Mattel is known for very very very bad paint jobs. So you will have alot of unhappy people who actually did order.

Austin

Reaction score

This is the first I've heard about that. Didn't they say not long ago that these would be in stores? Did they count their chickens before they hatched? I was definitely interested in getting a few of these, but if it's really one a month and online only, I'll pass.

Reaction score

^^
Same here. If this is how the line is going to be released I'll pass.

Reaction score

Yeah, I agree. If they only sell online I too think a quick death of the line will be right around the corner.

Mattel just needs to hire me to tell them what to put out on the He-Man line! IT's very simple PUT cases with different characters and NOT 10 He- mans or Skeletors!

Reaction score

And what makes matters worse is - 20 bucks a pop plus shipping. So much for cutting out the middle man.

The beastman looks awesome though. As does he-man

austin

Reaction score

Well, I officially have a great start to the MOTU classics line
! I signed up for the mailing list on mattycollector.com a little bit ago. I also just received a call from a good friend at the con and he was able to score me both versions of Grayskull as well as the inflatable power sword they have at the booth
!

Reaction score

Got King GraySkull from Mattycollector.com
$36.00 total

Reaction score

I picked up one King Grayskull at the Con, and it turned out to be the 'statue' version. Guess I'll be pickin up the regular online, though I may just wait for He-Man himself
They look really good; my only problem is with Beast-Man so far, since his right hand's no good for holding accessories. And, I guess, I'd have liked a larger shield for He-Man/Grayskull. I'm silly like that.

Anyone know if the Classics He-Man is what they had on display at last year's ComicCon? They had a super-articulated He-Man there, but I recall it being a bit less "4 Horsemen" and a bit closer to the smoother sculpts of the Thundarr & Space Ghost toys from a few years back, just with better articulation. In any case, it's all got me more excited than the New He-Man that debuted 7 years ago at the Con, where things were less articulated than DC Universe/Marvel Legends and then were even LESS articulated when they finally hit the shelves (all 87 variations of He-Man and Skeletor that clogged the pegs for all those months).

EDIT: rats, KG is sold out. Hopefully they'll have more, even if $30 is hefty. Still, the Grayskull box with light & sound show is pretty great!

Reaction score

I am waiting for my Grayskull in the mail!!

Reaction score

i like the route they went but man, 26 shipped is alot to swallow for 1 motu toy. guess i will just wait to buy the ones i want but i am still wary of mattel, i am sure we will get screwed somehow.

Reaction score

My King Grayskull Shipped from Mattycollector.com

Reaction score

Are there any pics yet of the other figures from this line???

Reaction score

Probably just the ones from SDCC, and Mattycollector. He-Man & Beast-Man are all they've revealed, I think.

When they get to Teela, it'd be cool if there was a green variant, so you could have the pre-Sorceress "Goddess" from the early mini-comics.