MATTEL - Hotwheels

Reaction score
Some recent acquisitions

Found the 2020 A case at Walmart the other day. That Subaru STi is super sweet and definitely the highlight of the case. Maybe even the basic car of the year IMHO.

This basic release of the Subaru STi looks right at home with it's premium brothers on either side.

The Hot Wheels id are very pricey, but some of the paint apps are really nice. I wish they would just do the nice paint variants without the chip and maybe reduce the price a little. The Mystery Machine is surprisingly my favorite out of the group I found recently. You need to see them in person, or maybe check out the video review by The Lamely Group on YouTube.

And lastly some random finds at Target

Reaction score
Love that chrome Keaton Batmobile.

Incidentally, Gamestop has a Gamestop Collectors Day case with some exclusive recolors and a 1st to market casting. I think it technically is a "B" case, but special for Gamestop. My local Gamestop had the entire case pegged for individual sale, and I noticed they had an animated series Batmobile also in chrome. I think the only other chrome Batmobile is the 60's version.
https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/collectibles/replicas/products/hot-wheels-basic-car-36-pack-only-at-gamestop/11096435.html

Reaction score
Found these hanger displays at my local Walmart with a ton of the Hot Wheels Premium Pizza Planet truck and RC. Had no idea RC was even coming.

Reaction score
Finally found and ordered the elusive ID Volkswagen T1 bus on Target.com. The ID cars are pricy ($6.99) but I collect diecast Volkswagen buses (and most classic movie/TV cars) so it was a must-buy, plus cheaper than the $20 they ask on eBay. I also bought IDs of KITT, TV Batmobile, and Mystery Machine, which is done in a cool metallic paint.

Reaction score
Finally found and ordered the elusive ID Volkswagen T1 bus on Target.com. The ID cars are pricy ($6.99) but I collect diecast Volkswagen buses (and most classic movie/TV cars) so it was a must-buy, plus cheaper than the $20 they ask on eBay. I also bought IDs of KITT, TV Batmobile, and Mystery Machine, which is done in a cool metallic paint.
Yeah, I'm really digging the id cars. It's like getting a super treasure hunt paint job only without rubber tires, which is still fine be me. I wasn't too keen on the VW bus at first, but then I saw how cool it was on a YouTube review and decided to get it. For some reason these haven't been too hard for me to find in stores, although some Targets are much better stocked on them than others.

Reaction score
Oh the Volkswagen was really hard in my area. I think there is another VW collector here in town. Whenever a new wave comes out like the Real Riders Desert Rally or Beatles cars or the Matchbox 50th, the VW in the wave is always the only one missing when I come across a freshly put out case on the pegs. Which reminds me I did finally find the Beatles Abbey Road VW bus at Albertsons (grocery store) of all places ($7.99!)

Reaction score
I was browsing ebay and came across a set of five 2019 Hot Wheels Pop Culture (Real Riders) vehicles based on Led Zeppelin album art. I didnt even know these were coming out. Will be keeping an eye out or may just buy from the ebay seller. Its Case E. Case D was the recently released Star Wars "Join the Empire" series, and Case C was the Beatles Series 2. So they should be hitting stores soon. I've seen C and D remnants at Kroger and Walmart. Target is behind and just barely stocking the Retro Entertainment Mystery Machine/Punisher Van/Smiling Yellow Sub/Toy Story RC wave. Curious the 5th car is generic Swan Song art and not Houses of the Holy.
00844525b0914bd89abe2f8630f245d1lg.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dug these gems out of the my storage tote bin. I almost forgot where I put them. Need to keep better track of these babies.