MATTEL - Hotwheels

Reaction score
I have lots of inside tips on what to look for and where to look for it.

I know alot of the HW's guys creep over into the SW's isles sometimes and vice versa.

Reaction score
Re: Anyone want/need inside info on 2007 Hotwheel

ok since it doesn't seem like anyone is going to reply I'll just post the info and you can do with as you please.

First big thing you should know about is a limited one month release which is a Walmart exclusive. There are several things that make this appealing to HW collectors besides the fact that it's a limited release exclusive to Walmart the cards are Red instead of your normal blue, There are only 25 cars in the set but putting a set together is kinda hard seeing as how there are 3 or 4 cars showing up on the red cards that have yet to be released on the regular blue cards and with the 2007 line already hitting collectors are clammering to get these last few cars for their 2006 sets.

Now on to the big news of 2007 and that's the release of the "SUPER" Treasure Hunt yes you heard me "SUPER" Treasure Hunt.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
If you thought the hunt for buried treasure was tough before, think again. In addition to subtle packaging changes, this new Treasure Hunt series is divided into two tiers to make it harder to determine which ones are the “super” Treasure Hunts™ cars and which ones are not. Plus we want to make the “super” models highly collectible so we’re producing them in very low quantities with Real Riders® wheels. The regular Treasure Hunts™ cars will be nearly identical, but with a few exceptions: one being one-piece wheels.

[/QUOTE]

You all know hot hard to find a regular TH is so you can only imagine how HTF the "SUPER" Treasure Hunts will be. The Super Treasure Hunts are highly desired because of the Real Rider wheels and for those of you who don't know the difference your standard HW's car comes with a one piece plastic wheel but a Real Rider wheel is made of actual rubber therefore giving the car a more realistic look and feel.

Last but not least you have a new concept that Hot Wheels is trying for the first time and that is the Myster Car Set.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Mystery™ Car Series
Everything’s a surprise with this all-new segment. Each car will be packaged in a blacked-out blister, so you’ll have no idea what’s inside without opening it up. Go ahead! Weigh it. Shake it. Just TRY to figure it out.

[/QUOTE]

From what I understand there may even be a limited number of Treasure Hunts inserted into this set but it hasn't been 100% confirmed as of yet.

If anyone has further question as what to look for just let me know.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Hotwheels 2007

I'd love for Hasbro to do blacked out bubbles at some point just to [censored] off the Star Wars fans

Reaction score

hot wheels are not popular here, and i dont think any star wars fans ever creep over to the hot wheels section, and usually when the hot wheels guys creep to the star wars section its to buy figures to sell to us for more later on.

Reaction score

Hey BigDog thanks for the great info! Now let me share some tips with you...
Neimoidans are going for insane money in collector circles, grab up all the Greatest Battles and Heros and Villains you can find, and if you can lay your hands to any left over choppers, those are like finding pure gold in the aisle.

Were you looking for a response along those lines?

Reaction score

Naw, it's not Nemodians this season... it's those damn choppers. Selling like hotcakes on the Chinese market. BIG TIME INVESTMENT!!! Please paypal lots of money and I will clear out my WalMart and send them to ya.

Mike aka Sarge

Reaction score

Trust me GNT the blacked out blister so far has been the biggest mistake Mattel has ever made with HW's. People are ripping them open in the stores to see if there is anything good inside and either just taking the cars or leaving the blisters hanging half way off the card with the car hanging out of it.

I do think in hindsight it was probably a good idea on paper but thus far it's been a disaster when it was actually put into action.

GNT

Reaction score

They should seal them in a clamshell all the way around.

Reaction score

I totally agree with you but I'm guessing cost measures factor into that. If they want to keep the price at $1 or just a few cents above that there isn't really much they can do from that stand point.

They are already losing so much business to Jada aka Dub City diecast cars I'm not sure they could afford a price increase. The reason they sell as much as they do is because it's cost effective but even with that low cost right now more and more people are still going to the $2.99 - $3.99 stuff because it's better quality and detail.

The Hot Wheels division needs a serious overahaul badly.

Reaction score

Really the cars are getting opened and snaked!! Hmm like you said, a good promotion on paper gone horribly bad! The whole super Treasure Hunt thing also sounds like a bad idea. Those things are impossible to find! Hasbro better never do that with Star Wars, it'll be all hell breaking loose!!!

Reaction score

They have always had problems with people opening packages and taking the cars but it's 100 x worse with these new blacked out blisters. Anyone who has ever seen a HW car knows that the packaging is about as simple as you can get anyhow and it's not that hard to peel the blister back enough to slide the car out.

I agree the whole Super TH is another disaster waiting to happen. Again I can see where they are coming from and why they are trying it but it just won't work.Their thinking is we make a Super TH line which is basically the same exact car just with different wheels and of course a slightly lower production # and the hardcore collectors and Scalpers will go for those leaving the regular TH's for your casual collector and that way everyone will be happy but you and I both know that's not going to be the case.

2006 has to be the worse year idea wise that Mattel has ever had for it's HW line and 2007 isn't looking like it's going to be much better.

Reaction score

Yup, those dirty scalpers will go for everything!! And with those Super Treasuer Hunts being so hard to find, they will be out in force each and every day!!!
It'll be hell for the real collectors!!

Reaction score

I'm not sure how many so called "REAL" collectors there really are anymore. You have people complain because they can't find a TH but they are the same people who if given a chance will open 20 cases on a pallet and only take the TH's and nothingelse or they will go to Walmart,Target,ect...and if there isn't anything valuable or what they consider HTF they will walk out with nothing.

Myself I gave up on TH's long ago and pick up whatever catches my eye regardless of how many are hanging aka Pegwarmers or how rare it is.

Reaction score

If I see a car I like, I buy it. I like Batman, so I bought most of the Batmobiles in the 1/64 line (except those 2-packs), and even got the 1/18 Batmobile. I saw a new version of the Batmobile #1 from the 2004 line, redeco'd flat black and gold chrome (renumbered #207), so I picked one up. (Funny thing is, these 1/43 Batman cars from Corgi don't appeal to me at all.) I also picked up the new repack of the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile, just because I think that's a funny car to see on a Hot Wheels card. In the 2006 line, I think I bought about six or seven that I liked the designs of. Stuff like Hot Tub, Bone Shaker (black/black chrome version), and a couple of others whose names escape me at the moment. But, I'll get a cool-looking Johnny Lightning car, or anything else that catches my eye. As a kid, I was more into Matchbox cars, anyway -- mainly because Hot Wheels didn't even come out until I was already seven!

Reaction score

Hmm sounds like you guys have too many speculating collectors!!! Sucks, same thing happened with Baseball Cards and Comic books!! Too bad, but at least the commons are still there for the kids!! I mean all these years and Hot Wheels are still one of the cheapest toys out there!!

Reaction score

E_CHU_TA said:
and usually when the hot wheels guys creep to the star wars section its to buy figures to sell to us for more later on.
As long they hit HW section first the next aisle over...that gives me a couple of crucial seconds to grab the SW figs first.

Reaction score

I rarely buy Hot Wheels, but like Dan said, I only buy the ones that are appealing to me. Not so much the concept cars or the weird designs, but regular model cars (Vipers, etc.). I did recently buy the flat-black Batmobile, however. Pretty cool car.

After Star Wars, I collect 1:18, 1:24, and to a lesser extent, Hot Wheels. I have a 1:18 of the original Batmobile, the Ecto 1, the Blues Mobile, and the DeLorean from BTTF II. I also have an original model DeLorean I'm very proud of. Good stuff.

Reaction score

I would love to collect the bigger size cars but I just don't have the space to display and it makes no sense to buy them just to stick them in a closet or a box.

Reaction score

bigdog6374 said:
I would love to collect the bigger size cars but I just don't have the space to display and it makes no sense to buy them just to stick them in a closet or a box.
A very good point, my friend. I need to sell some of mine that I don't display anymore. I have some displayed right now, but not nearly as many as I would like. When I get some more space, I'm hoping to have them in a display case.

Reaction score

bigdog6374 said:
Myself I gave up on TH's long ago and pick up whatever catches my eye regardless of how many are hanging aka Pegwarmers or how rare it is.
Wise words. I think a lot of SW collectors, including myself, should do the same with Star Wars figures!

Reaction score

I quit collecting HW's ever since I got the Escalade now
HW's suck,if scalpers wanna keep on buying newer and newer
cars then let em otherwise they should just give up, I mean
the HW'S I grew up with were late 80's early 90's and now
to me the new HW's are worthless, too bad I opened all of
them which are stuck in the attic oh and plus I have a HW's
collectors case, sorry for the rant.

Reaction score

Any good Hotwheels site to ID old cars (70s-80s)? I recently found all my old HW, Matchbox, other cars and would love to get rid of them. I have no idea what they are named.

Reaction score

macross7 said:
Any good Hotwheels site to ID old cars (70s-80s)? I recently found all my old HW, Matchbox, other cars and would love to get rid of them. I have no idea what they are named.
Not really. If you knew the names of them or what casting they were there are several sites but none that has just pics for identification purposes at least that I know of.

If your interested in getting rid of them send me a PM of what your looking for in return.

Reaction score

I'm always looking for older loose HW's or Matchbox pre-2000 so if anyone has some they are looking to get rid of just send me a PM of what your looking for in return and maybe we can work something out.

I'm especially interested in older style pickup trucks

Reaction score

Now I remember. You were one of those Hot Wheels guys that registered here regarding the UGH's from last year.

Reaction score

So this morning I'm at Target and the usual HW guys are no where to be seen. After checking on SW, I go to the car aisle to look for CARS, nothing there either. As I'm leaving, I walk past the HW and there are 2 TH on the front pegs, one is a STH (the one with the '$' I'm assuming. they are both the same car.

I picked them up. Now what? The HW guys told me what to look for, but the truth being I don't like any of the HW guys by me. They always snub me and won't give me the time of day. They ask me what SW guys to look out for, but I think that's more so they can pick up popular items to sell themselves. none of them have had a single figure in 3 years they picked up that they thought I may need. How much are TH and STH going for?

Reaction score

try 40 or 50 bucks. dont hold back. f them-go to ebay.

Reaction score

Depends which casting it is. If it's the newest TH out then shove them of Ebay. The key thing to TH's is to have the newest release out and turn it around quick before the next one is released because TH's don't hold their value very well anymore. Outside of 1995 which was the first year they started doing TH's.

The Super Hunt if it's the newest one out should get you between $40-$60 on ebay right now maybe more if you get 2 guys bidding that just have to have it now. The regular one will fetch probably $10-$15 tops as they aren't viewed as TH's by most collectors they look at the regular ones as glorified basic cars.

Reaction score

bigdog6374 said:
Depends which casting it is. If it's the newest TH out then shove them of Ebay. The key thing to TH's is to have the newest release out and turn it around quick before the next one is released because TH's don't hold their value very well anymore. Outside of 1995 which was the first year they started doing TH's.

The Super Hunt if it's the newest one out should get you between $40-$60 on ebay right now maybe more if you get 2 guys bidding that just have to have it now. The regular one will fetch probably $10-$15 tops as they aren't viewed as TH's by most collectors they look at the regular ones as glorified basic cars.
You are a hot wheels guy, aren't you?

Reaction score

I dabble here and there. I collect the older style pick up trucks.

Reaction score
Re: MATTEL: Hotwheels 2007

So, you collecting any Star Wars figures with those Hot Wheels?

Reaction score

Nope used to back in the 80's when I was a kid. Only SW figure I have now is the Holographic Yoda I got from Amazon.com

Reaction score

bigdog6374 said:
Nope used to back in the 80's when I was a kid. Only SW figure I have now is the Holographic Yoda I got from Amazon.com
So, what are you doing on a Star Wars site?

Reaction score

I like the off topic board. Wasn't quite sure you had to collect Star Wars to post there.

Reaction score

I'll take some pictures and post them what I have. Some are crappy but some are in good shape.

Reaction score

bigdog6374 said:
I like the off topic board. Wasn't quite sure you had to collect Star Wars to post there.
Might be a good idea, since this is a Star Wars fan site.

Reaction score

Ok and to me a Star Wars fan you have to collect the figures?? lol

You make no sense at all.

Reaction score

bigdog6374 said:
Ok and to me a Star Wars fan you have to collect the figures?? lol

You make no sense at all.
Oh, so sorry. But, ya know what? Think you're the one that's confused. The Hot Wheels Forum isn't here. Or did they kick you off?