Mattel - Hot Wheels Thread

Reaction score
Found the Retro Entertainment GOTG Milano today at Walmart. I haven't had a chance to crack it open yet but, is it just me, or is it the same as the regular carded version?

Reaction score
What i find more funny, is that it's getting harder and harder to find the first basic release. Forcing many people to buy the more expensive version. :sneaky:

I honestly never understood how they have a $4.99 cars right next to the $.99 cars, and not expect the consumer to balk.

Reaction score
I'm glad I found the Milano in the basic line, because many of those retro line vehicles are frankly a rip-off. The more expensive version of the Milano has some slightly different deco and a new stand - is that worth the price increase? Not for me.

Scalpers, as many have said before - ruin the fun aspects of the hobby because they hoard everything only to resell it. I only found the Milanos that I did because I was at a grocery store the day they apparently put them out. Forget the notion of finding anything at a major retailer like WM for the most part, because scalpers camp out there.

Reaction score
The more expensive ones used to have better or more thorough paint apps, like the spare tire being painted on the Mystery Machine. I had found the regular Milano and bought it and figured I'd buy the "better" one if I found it later. Then I saw it and couldn't see a reason to think it was any better. Even the display stand was the same.

Reaction score
There's a HW guy here in town, and I'm sure he checks every store every few days. And possibly knows when each store get shipments. So chances of me finding anything are very nil. Though he did help me acquire the Walgreens white Fett, but i haven't seen in since. So I don't even know if he is finding anything.

Plus I'm sure he isn't the only one looking. lol

Reaction score
The more expensive ones used to have better or more thorough paint apps, like the spare tire being painted on the Mystery Machine. I had found the regular Milano and bought it and figured I'd buy the "better" one if I found it later. Then I saw it and couldn't see a reason to think it was any better. Even the display stand was the same.
Actually, the display stand is different. It's taller and has the GOTG logo. Also, as darth_sidious mentioned, the deco is slightly different. I'll take some side by side pics when I get home. Bottom line is, there's not enough of a difference to warrant the "retro entertainment" labelling and price increase that comes with it. Still, I am glad to have found it as I wanted a second one for my little boy.

As has been mentioned, it is weird how some of the "retro "entertainment" releases seem to be straight repacks of the regular release only with a few extra paint apps maybe. Some of them are definitely all new, "deluxe" versions over the regular ones. KITT and the BTTF DeLorean come to mind. The retro version of these are way more detailed, where as some like the Milano and the JJ Abrams Enterprise are barely different.

Reaction score
not Hot Wheels but I did manage to score both the new Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters Ecto 1A and the White Lightning version of the Ecto 1A from Hot Topic... still on the hunt for the chrome version of it as well.

Reaction score
It looks like the HW Milano is shipping in a new assortment, I found a couple more today at TRU, and the deco appears to be the same, though they swapped the stand out for a new blue one. Figured I'd mention it, if anyone is still searching. I bought two of them, which are up for trade.

Reaction score
picked up Retro Entertainment BTTF3 Delorean, Flintstone mobile and the new Justice League Batmobile today @Wal-Mart in Old Bridge

Reaction score
picked up the Chrome variant of the 2017 Johnny Lightning series Ecto 1A from Ghostbusters II - only 3600 being produced.

(top is regular edition, middle is the 3600 Chrome Variant, bottom is the White Lightning variant)

also here's a pic of the new Justice League Batmobile from the Retro Entertainment line by Hot Wheels:

GNT

Reaction score
Found the Justice League Batmobile to add to the ongoing Batmobile collection and found the Star ship Milano I think it's called from Guardians of the Galaxy which is pretty neat so I couldn't pass that up.

Reaction score
picked up a few Greenlight Movie Cars recently:

Starsky and Hutch Grand Torino
The Big Lebowski - Grand Tornio
Hunter 78 Dodge Monaco
Smokey and the Bandit - Sheriff Bufford T Justice 77 Pontiac LeMans police car

Reaction score
I recently found the cheaper standard card versions of The Simpson's family car and Dom's Ice Charger.

Reaction score
was going through some old boxes in my attic and found 2 vintage Corgi Junior cars from back in the day... the Superman Metropolis Police Car and the Kojak Police Car.

Reaction score
Need some help if possible for upcoming target red edition releases in the L case. I am requesting help with the Dodge Challenger model. My luck with the red editions have been hit or miss. I read that target is having a hot wheels event (similar to Kmart apparently) on the 16th in which the new red editions will be released. I have a family function that day and won't be able to attend. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
picked up the recent Retro Entertainment wave of Marvel Superhero cars the other day.. The Punisher Van looks great as does the Deadpool Taco Truck and the Spider buggy. I haven't opened the Milano as I already have the previous version or the Ghost Rider Charger yet.