Mattel - Hot Wheels Thread

Reaction score
Not exactly Hot Wheels, but at least car related :) so I thought to ask here

As I am collecting just selected 1:48 cars ( no matter what brand ), I would like to know, if anyone can tell me if there is a 1:48 version of Elvira´s Macabre Mobile out there ?
A veeeeery loooong time ago I used to have a plastic kit, wich was 1:24 I think. Other than that I only find a HotWheels / Matchbox scaled one.

Really would love to add that to my shel :)

Also, does anyone know, whats the scale on NECA Cinemachine Aliens APC ?

Reaction score
Not exactly Hot Wheels, but at least car related :) so I thought to ask here

As I am collecting just selected 1:48 cars ( no matter what brand ), I would like to know, if anyone can tell me if there is a 1:48 version of Elvira´s Macabre Mobile out there ?
A veeeeery loooong time ago I used to have a plastic kit, wich was 1:24 I think. Other than that I only find a HotWheels / Matchbox scaled one.

Really would love to add that to my shel :)

Also, does anyone know, whats the scale on NECA Cinemachine Aliens APC ?
I've never seen an Elvira Car in 1:43.. as far as I know it was only in the Johnny Lightning series of Diecast cars (1:64th) and as a plastic model 1:24

I believe the Aliens APC is 1:43 but not 100% sure

Reaction score
picked up a minty fresh Ecto 2016 2 pack the other night at Walmart to add to my Ecto collection. Now I'm on the hunt for the single carded release of the 2016 Ecto 1 as well. supposed to be in the first wave of Retro vehicles for 2017

Reaction score
while not a Hot Wheels product per say (it's still in the same scale as HW so I'll post it) I picked up an assortment of Hot Wheels cars for my son yesterday at a local yard sale... it was a large storage box of about 30+ Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars assorted and among the cars were 2 Ertl Dukes of Hazzard cars... Boss Hogg's Caddy and the General Lee!

Reaction score
I'm new to Hot Wheels, but have been collecting batmobiles for a couple of years. Is there a good site to look up the variations/checklists of the productions through the years?

Reaction score
Sweet find! I saw a dukes of hazard race track at a hobby shop but the general Lee doesnt have the flag on the roof anymore. Ignorance...

Reaction score
found the Halo Warthog at Walmart the other day.
Same here. I didn't get one, but my buddy bought two for his nephews. Who are big halo fans. I figured if I see it again, I may get it. It's no biggie to me, but it did look cool.

Speaking of which, there's a Hot Wheels Even at my local Kmart Saturday the 18th. Is there anything new I should be on the lookout for media wise?

Reaction score
picked up 2 of the new Retro Entertainment Ghostbusters 2016 Ecto 1's the other day. if you are into variations of the Ecto than this one is a different / darker red on the car and the light has been changed as well.

Reaction score
thought I'd share a pic of my carded Ghostbusters Ecto 1 collection (featuring all the color combos from Johnny Lightning, rare HW Convention exclusives, Retro Entertainment, SDCC and the Fuji Film promo Ecto 1)

- Johnny Lightning series of Ecto 1A
- rare HW convention Ecto's
- regular carded Ecto 1's and the promo Fuji Film version
- HW Retro Entertainment series

Reaction score
variation of the 2016 Ecto 1 from the 2 pack version to the new single Carded Retro Entertainment version.

- bigger no ghost logo, dark maroon top and new top light, plus added second chrome stripping along the length of the car, more details on top of car as well
- painted tail lights and more accurate NYC License plate
- painted headlights and more accurate NYC License plate

Reaction score
picked up a Retro Entertainment Karate Kid Ford without the windshield still in package. I thought that it was perhaps a resealed package but it was not. just a factory error. I'm happy I only paid $3 for it.

Reaction score
picked up a couple more Johnny Lightning Dukes of Hazzard cars over the weekend at a local flea market. picked up Roscoe's Camo Police Cruiser, Finchburg County Sheriff car, Enos' Police Cruiser, Sheriff Little's Patrol Car, and the State Police Car and County police Car. still on the hunt for a few missing items but I'm one step closer to having a complete set (still need Couter's and Uncle Jessie's Pick-up trucks)

also picked up a second Johnny Lightning Dodge 1977 Monaco with the Joker's paint scheme from the 1989 movie.

Last edited:
Reaction score
so I was thinking... if you worked for Mattel and was the lead designer for the Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment series line what vehicles would you like to see get made?

here's a few of mine:

Optimus Prime (Generation 1 classic 80's Peterbuilt)
CHiPs Motorcyle
General Lee
Roscoe's Dodge Monaco Police Car
Shield's Agent Coulsen Corvette (maybe a chase version of the Vette in flight mode)
Mad Max
1948 Tucker Sedan from Tucker and The Man and his dream
Wayne's World Gremlin
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen car
Austin Powers Goldmember "The Swngr 3" Caddy
Robocop's Police Interceptor
Jaws 2 Amity Island Police Department Bronco
Animal House Deathmobile
Back to the Future II Griff's Mustang
TMNT Turtle Van (Classic 80's Cartoon version)
Cannonball Run Ambulance
5th Element Police Car
5th Element Taxi Cab
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Cobra: 1950 Mercury Monterey​

Reaction score
I'd be first in line for the Turtle Van. G1 Optimus Prime is brilliant. They should absolutely do that, maybe a few others as well. In fact I'd certainly buy GI Joe ARAH hot wheels.

Reaction score
Great list! I'd also love to see:

- Goliath and the Knight Industries Tractor Trailer w/opening ramp from Knight Rider
- Shaggin' Waggon from Dumb and Dumber
- Tron Light Cycles, Light Tank and Recognizer
- Street Hawk Motorcycle
- Inspector Gadget Police Car/Van

And my ultimate wish-list has always been a line of die-cast vehicles from the cartoon M.A.S.K., either with or without simple transformations. I have a vintage Thunderhawk from a mail-away promotion but it's very basic and other than a few stickers, you'd never know it was supposed to be Thunderhawk. HW already released an IROC Camaro for Simon and Simon so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Reaction score
I'd also like to see Hot Wheels give us these Ecto-1 variants as well:

ECTO 1B from the Video Game:

Extreme Ghostbusters ECTO 1

Reaction score
Still haven't seen it around here. I was beginning to think the people finding it were hallucinating. Is this in the regular assortment for $1, or the other deluxe package?
Or is it in the Marvel assortment?

Reaction score
There is a basic $1 version of the Milano out now, and a $5 "retro" version with more deco coming later. Its a shame when a huge movie like GG v2 opens that companies like this aren't prepared at all and are releasing this ship is such low numbers that it become scalper bait like a ton of HW items. I wish they'd put enough in each case to meet demand, and slow how many go straight to ebay.

Reaction score
Stopped by a store (wont mention which due to lurking scalpers) today and was excited to find a Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy sitting on the front of the pegs! I started to check the other pegs and found two more! I'm happy I got to these before a scalper put them on ebay! lol They also had three different batmobiles, but I don't collect those. Wish they'd put more starships in the basic assortment, I'd collect more often if they did.

Reaction score
Stopped by a store (wont mention which due to lurking scalpers) today and was excited to find a Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy sitting on the front of the pegs! I started to check the other pegs and found two more! I'm happy I got to these before a scalper put them on ebay! lol They also had three different batmobiles, but I don't collect those. Wish they'd put more starships in the basic assortment, I'd collect more often if they did.
Your lucky to have found them. In my area it seems the major hot wheels collectors or possibly scalpers are getting to the stores before me. I only consider myself a casual collector because I only collect the ones based on movies/tv/video games and a few here and there that I think are funny like the pedal cars ones. I want a Milano but can't find them anywhere. If you want to part with one of yours I would be interested.

Reaction score
Not Hot Wheels, but I got Greenlights Supernatural '67 Impala today, scale 1:43
Another moviecar done in my favourite scale, more to go.

Anyone know if there are 1:43 versions of Ecto 1, Keaton Batmobile, Tumbler, Bumblebee Camaro, Elviras Macabre Mobile ? Dont care about company

Reaction score
Not Hot Wheels, but I got Greenlights Supernatural '67 Impala today, scale 1:43
Another moviecar done in my favourite scale, more to go.

Anyone know if there are 1:43 versions of Ecto 1, Keaton Batmobile, Tumbler, Bumblebee Camaro, Elviras Macabre Mobile ? Dont care about company
Hot Wheels did a 1:43 Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A and there is a 1:43 version of both Batmobiles (I think Ertl did the Keaton one back in 89), and I believe Jada now has 1:43 versions of the Batmobile from 66, 89 and Batman Begins. not sure about bumblebee and Elvira though. the only versions of Elvira's car that I know of are an old plastic model kit and the 1:64 scale Johnny Lightning car.

Reaction score
Picked up the Retro Entertainment BTTF Delorean in Hover Mode today at Target. Was really surprised to find these there, I never see this line at Target!

Reaction score
while not Hot Wheels they are still in the scale of 1:64th and have a Retro Entertainment feel to them. Jada Toys released Transformers The Last Knight vehicles. was able to pick up Prime and Bumblebee.. they had Hot Rod but I wasn't a fan of how he looked and didn't see any sign of Barricade or Crosshairs

Reaction score
Interesting, I'll have to keep my eye open for these. I rarely get down the Hot Wheels isle, so hopefully they might still be a chance.

Reaction score
I had no clue about the Milano, but I'll keep an eye out. It took me years to find the JJ Enterprise.

Reaction score
found Barricade from the Transformers line on Sunday. still not sold on Hot Rod and Crosshairs seems to be the HTF one at the moment.

Barricade kinda gives me a sorta "Robocop" feel to it with the large cannons on the back. plus I can't tell what make or model the car is. looks like a cross between a Mustang, Camaro and Ford Taurus