Mattel - Hot Wheels Thread

Reaction score
couple more of the Johnny Lightning series of Hollywood cars.

- Elvira Mistress of the Dark
- James Bond "Moonraker"
- Speed Racer
- Dukes of Hazzard - Daisy's Jeep

Reaction score
dug up a few more Johnny Lightning Movie rides recently that I need to get out of my storage bin and photograph.

Blues Brothers Blues Mobile
Blue Brothers 2000
Austin Powers Shaguar and Felicity's USA Vette
Grateful Dead van and buggy
Back to the Future "Great Scott" set (Delorean and Doc's truck)
James Bond Goldfinger diorama set
Herbie the Love Bug
3 different colored versions of Ecto 1A
Enos's Police Car from Dukes of Hazzard
Giles Citroen DS Coupe from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
James Bond Q's Ruse!

also have a few Ertl movie cars from **** Tracy and the Blues Brothers and a couple of the Greenlight Hollywood series as well.

hopefully one of these days I can get a group shot of all the vehicles together and post.

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but is your little find there based on an actual vintage BMW race car? Nice little pick up anyway!

Yep - sure is! :D As a kid, I remember reading a book showing a photo of one of these BMW racecars, and thinking to myself, it would be cool to either have a HW, Matchbox or model version of this - and decades later, my wish comes true!!!!

:)

Reaction score
here's a couple more Movie cars from my collection including the Ecto 1 and 1A two pack that I finally found this afternoon:

- Blues Brothers Blues Mobile from Ertl
- JJ McClure's Porsche from Ertl
- Blue Brothers 2000 Blues Mobile from Johnny Lightning
- complete set of **** Tracy cars from Ertl
- Hot Wheels 2 pack of Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A
Greenlight Hollywood National Lampoons Vacation "Honkey Lips Version"
Johnny Lightning 1997 Halloween Exclusive Ecto 1A
- Johnny Lightninig Herbie the Love Bug

Reaction score
a few more Hollywood style goodies:

Greenlight Hollywood The Walking Dead - Rick Grimes Sheriff's Car

Johnny Lightning Limited Anniversary Edition of the Ecto 1A

Johnny Lightning Back to the Future Diorama (only way to get Doc's Van and mini figures)

Ertl Cannonball Run Racecar

Ertl Cannonball Run Ferrari

Ertl Cannonball Run Rolls Royce

Ertl Cannonball Run Ambulance

Reaction score
here's a few more Cars from the collection (including some from Matchbox's Star Car Collection from 1998)

Target Exclusive Christmas Ecto 1

Convention Exclusive Glow in the Dark Ecto 1

Adam 12 Police Car - Matchbox Star Car Collection

Knight Rider - KITT from Matchbox Star Car Collection

Laverne and Shirley Shotz Delivery Van from Matchbox Star Car Collection

Amity Police Patrol Boat from Jaws from the Matchbox Star Car Collection

Reaction score
made my first Hot Wheels custom the other day the pre-Ectomobile from Ghostbusters. used an extra retro Entertainment Ecto that I had.

currently working on 2 more customs.... the Ecto 1 from the Ghostbusters Video Game and a custom Funny Car version of the Ecto 1

Reaction score
The hunt officially begins for 3 yellow submarines, I think this is going to be a hard one to find.

Reaction score
Ur custom looks great!
Everybody can relax, DarkArtist found the car!

thanks guys... I had fun making this one.. took awhile to dremel out the rivet holding the car together but it was worth it. I posted this on both my twitter feed and Instragram account and had lots of likes as well. hopefully by next week I should have pics of my Ghostbusters Video Game version of Ecto 1 and perhaps pics of the Ecto-Funny Car.

Reaction score
almost finished with my Ecto 1B (the Video game version of the Ecto-Mobile). need to add the rear light bar and it should be good to go. I'm also working on a more "screen accurate" version of the 1A and a before Ecto-1 from the reboot in addition to the Funny Car version and all new Design for a mobile Ecto Lab and a custom for a friend of mine that runs GBNJ.net. my workbench is Ecto-Town USA lol.

I'm thinking of making a few of the 1984 pre-Ecto 1 cars for sale (a friend of mine expressed interest in trying to sell them for me on eBay or online)

Reaction score
Finally finished up 3 more custom Ecto 1 vehicles:

first up my custom 1:64th Ecto 1 from the Ghostbusters Video Game (Ecto 1B)

next my custom Ecto 1 Funny Car (this one was cool and used the decal from the Real Ghostbusters Ecto 1) added the slime for additional details

Finally my last one (for now at least) is a custom Ecto 1 I did for a friend of mine that has a local Ghostbusters fan club in the area www.gbnj,net

Reaction score
Annoyingly, my Walmart, i.e. the one conveniently within walking distance, doesn't stock the 1016 Ecto-1 and Ecto-2 (motorcycle) two-pack, only the 80s Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A two-pack. I kinda want the '16 Ecto-1. Bleh. Not even the Target here in Garner has it. EBay's got it, of course, for quite a bit more than I'm willing to pay, especially for a vehicle I don't want included in the deal (Ecto-2; I'm not a motorcycle guy).

Last edited:
Reaction score
picked up the Classic 1966 Batman series of cars recently from my local grocery store. bought the entire set minus Robin (didn't like the look of the car).

Reaction score
On the lookout for the Zamac batmobile, could use some help if anyone finds an extra. My local Walmart just stocked no less than 6 cases of the F case:(

GNT

Reaction score
Seen a dark blue Batman tumbler around in the basic line, very tempting but I think I'll stick with the black one for now.

Reaction score
Did anyone collect all 8 models from the 1:50 collection? There are also 12 more from the 2012 collection (brown cards)

Reaction score
Did anyone collect all 8 models from the 1:50 collection? There are also 12 more from the 2012 collection (brown cards)
I've been getting them since the first sets back in like 2008, now they are on the third release for some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah, I recently got lucky via a local indy toy store - got all the 1:50 Bat vehicles I'm after now. :)

In recent news, I found the Beatles 'Yellow Submarine' in the small basic line - HOW COOL IS THAT!!!

Needless to say I grabbed it - pity I couldn't find a second, but I had no idea it was even being made.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've found 1 single one, only because the card was destroyed so I guess the scalpers couldn't use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah I found one a week ago, so it's out. It's very neat.
Yeah I found one the week too, per my previous posts.. I just got no response till I asked about it specifically, that's all.

It's probably going to be as scarce as the 2007 collection Ecto-1 out here, I bet. :hmm:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found the Halo warthog today along with the fast & furious Dodge Charger -- no luck with KITT though

Reaction score
Walmart must have gotten a pallet of Hot Wheels in last night, when I stopped by on Friday, the circular metal dumpbin was half empty, and the pegs had a handful hanging. Stopped by today, the bin was full & the pegs were stuffed. I counted 5 KITTS & 6 of each Warthog & F7 Charger laying around the top of the bin. I didn't have time to thoroughly search, but I didn't see a Yellow Submarine

Reaction score
Mine restocked with KITTs as well. I picked up the F7 Charger, and The Jetsons car. I'll grab a Warthog sometime I'm sure.

The Jetsons car is kinda lame with the wheels and all, but it's still alot if fun for under a buck.