Mattel - Hot Wheels Thread

Reaction score
Hey all,

I didn't know where to post this but on the heals of last years Ecto 1 another movie car is getting the Hot Wheels treatment.I just found the Delorean Time Machine at Kmart this morning.I have no idea how to post pics on this forum.It is very cool.

Reaction score
Re: Hot Wheels Back to the Future Delorean found

Mattel has the license to BTTF product, details here BTTF

Reaction score

Yeah,I know that but I was not expecting the hotwheels version of the Delorean to be out so soon.The Ecto-1 was a pain in the but to find.

Reaction score

Just heard the Delorean was released, so I'm on the lookout!

Reaction score

elkkthunder said:
Mattel has the license to BTTF product, details here BTTF
gotta say was kinda hoping that Mattel woould have had a teaser for us BTTF fans with perhaps a sneak peak of product at Toy Fair. would have loved to see at least a mock-up of a figure.

Reaction score

I found one Tuesday at Walmart.

It's been done better in this scale, but for only 98 cents it's pretty sweet.

Reaction score

Whats the number in the corner? Does it say anything on the sidebar, or just BTTF? And what color is number and writing in? Thats how I found the Batman ones, I have a heck of a time if I actually look at the cars for some reason.

austin

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Hot Wheels Back to the Future Delorean

Any pictures of it carded?

Reaction score
Re: Hot Wheels Back to the Future Delorean

All I keep seeing is the regular silver Delorean. Any pics of this?

Reaction score

cpenafan said:
Whats the number in the corner? Does it say anything on the sidebar, or just BTTF? And what color is number and writing in? Thats how I found the Batman ones, I have a heck of a time if I actually look at the cars for some reason.austin
The number in the top right corner is 18/50. The sidebar says "Back to the Future Time Machine". The bottom of the card says "2011 Models". The top of the card, to the left of the hook, it has "Back to the Future" like it appears on the movie posters.
Here's a pic I found on Google:

Reaction score

Thanks barkatthemoon.

Went out early this morning and found one at Kmart with the info. It was in the back and would have probably not found it without knowing. Have to be on the look out for another one for my kids.

austin

Reaction score

The number on the top says 18/50. Its shipping in the same case with the standard Delorean DMC-12.

Reaction score

Got 5 of these today at one store.

Reaction score

I've been looking for this but no luck yet. I haven't been looking for it as hard as I was for the Ecto-1 (which took me over 6 months to find at retail) but I think I'll have a much easier time with this.

Reaction score

I found the BTTF Delorean today @ TRU. It's the one item they haven't jacked up in price.

Reaction score

These have been scarce in my area. I got one to open, one to keep and extras for friends.

Reaction score

Found one at my Kmart. It was right in the front of the pegs. If it hadn't been, I don't think I would have wasted my time riffling through all the cars.

Reaction score

This is are out in the UK too, if anyone's looking for it, found it in Asda over the weekend

UK card isn't as nice as the US version though, big blue warning box spoils the front...

Cheers,
Doug

Reaction score

Still haven't found one here. I'm starting to think that one of these days I'm going to have to get up early and beat the Hot Wheels guys to the punch.

Reaction score

That must be the reason I can't find one....

Reaction score

I found the time machine once and generously gave it to a friend. Still looking for one for myself. But I've been informed that ALL the HW collectors are looking for them. And they're pretty hard core when it comes to their cars.

Reaction score

Oh, they're hardcore alright. I'd have to say that they're some of the most aggressive collectors in my area. But they start to warm up to you once they discover you're not there for Hotwheels. I never did see an Ecto-1 in the wild.

Reaction score

My search for this car had been going on for so long I was starting to think I would have better luck finding a Bigfoot or a UFO. Finally, I found three at a Wal-Mart and then two more at a Freds.

I have two left for anyone who wants em. All I ask is you pay shipping.

Reaction score

I saw one of these at Target today and picked it up. It marks the first Hot Wheels car that I've ever purchased.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Hot Wheels - Back to the Future Delorean

Have yet to find one here

Reaction score

I don't mean to bring down this thread, but I literally found out about this Delorean yesterday from THIS THREAD. So fast forward to last night, I went to wally and found 2 on the front pegs. Along with 2 camaro's that were variants.

I am sorry to those that can't find this. My wally is out in the boonies not near anything so it is an untapped resource. I looked for more (any more I could find) to offer up to this thread, but nothing. Sorry. I tried.

Reaction score

CyberScout, you have a PM. Still haven't found one of these here, but there are packs of HW guys about at local stores at opening every day of the week.

Reaction score

Opened a displayer box at my work, Walgreens, and there were four BTTF Deloreans out of 60 cars. Not bad odds to finding this one, and I guess there is another non-BTTF DMC Delorean out there, but I think I will stick with this one. (Only my second HW in recent years after the Ecto-1).

Reaction score

Can you post pics of the new Batmobile? What number is it? Once again something I had no idea that was out.

thanks.

austin

Reaction score

i"m going to pass on the HW BTTF Delorean... I have the Johnny Lighting version from a few years back and it's still one of the best versions to date...

that Arkham Asylum Batmobile look sick though. will definately be on the lookout for that.

Reaction score

I have the Johnny Lightning Delorean also -great looking car. Had to get the HW version also.

Reaction score

so i broke down last night and spotted a HW BTTF Delorean and bought it. the card was massively damaged, not sure if someone did it or if it was damaged by some other means but hey, I'll open it and give it a good home.

Reaction score

Oh now I am confused. This whole time I had the regular silver Delorean and I thought it was the back to the future one then today on a toy run I found the real silver one and got a couple of those.

Reaction score

I saw Walmart raised the Hot Wheels to $1.11 today. They've been $0.97 for years.

Reaction score

barkatthemoon said:
I saw Walmart raised the Hot Wheels to $1.11 today. They've been $0.97 for years.
i noticed that as well and was bumed to see the price increase. guess it's now going to be even harder to find the exclusives as most fans will just grab perhaps the one car and leave the rest resulting in a tons of pegs clogging up with leftovers... oh well.

while not a HW I did manage to get a mint 1/18th scale electronic version of the BTTF Delorean for $15.00 from a local comic book shop. currently in the process of making scale versions of Marty and Doc to put inside of the Delorean. i finally have a little time to myself to do some custom work so hopefully I'll be able to get cracking on them.