Mattel - DC Comics 6" Multiverse - Collect & Connect

Reaction score
Those all look awful. More junk clogging the pegs that wont sell. I dont think this will last beyond a few waves and 7" DC will be dead until another company picks it up. Just my opinion, if you like them, go for it.

Reaction score
The more I look at them the more I warm up on them. I'll definitely grab Nightwing because he's one of my two favorite DC characters. I really like the colors on Batgirl and Batman lools better than I initially thought.

But also, I think the Spinmasters line looks like it could be fun and for under $8, it's worth it to find out for myself.

Reaction score
These figures are HUGE!!!! Picked up a Supes/Bats heavy handful at WM straight out of the Spawn boxes. Not much bad to say about these guys. I've already modded a little bit trimming the hairline on the necks of the Superman figures for better head tilt. Fabric capes on the way for sure for some of these.

Reaction score
I picked up the McFarlane BTAS Batman today at Walmart. Even though it's really the TNBA design with a BTAS deco, I must say I really do like the figure a lot. I had some concerns about McFarlane's quality control after buying some of their Halo figures in the past, but I'm so far satisfied.

I will definately pick up the Hellbat, Arrow and maybe the JLU Green Lantern next time.

Reaction score
I plan on getting all of these figures when they show up at Target. I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube reviews and like what I see. The only thing I didn’t like is how small Batman’s head is.

Reaction score
I have Batman, Superman, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Batman Who Laughs. Superman is definitely the best looking mass retail Superman released. Batman is a fantastic figure....not a huge fan of the head though. I'm still thinking about replacing it. The articulation and build quality is solid. The don't feel like they are going to break like DCC and they don't feel as cheap as Mattel's stuff.

They also have this weird quality where they are better in hand. I was mixed based on the promo pics, but in hand...these are just fun. They feel like Toybiz ML...where everything had a unique sculpt and there was care put into the paint apps. And the value is there. I mean $26 for a vehicle??? And look at the size of the armored figures for $20.

I think this line is going to do really well. They have sold out regularly online and in stores I'm just seeing Harley and GL. Everyone else seems to be selling through after only being officially available for a few weeks. This line will do well over it's 3 year run and Todd will get his contract extended. Then things will get nuts.

Reaction score
I agree. I have Batman and Nightwing and not only do they look better in hand (and feel sturdy), but they're also figures I like to keep picking up and trying to find different poses for. They're a lot of fun.

The only ones I can find anymore in stores are Arrow, Harley and Batman Who Laughs. I almost bought arrow twice because my experience with the two I have have been great and I've never even watched an episode of Arrow.

Todd did an interview with Jay from Toynewsi and he said they're working on wave 2 now and there's a large character in there that he keeps saying needs to bigger and the packaging peopleneed to find out how much shelf space they're able to use. I think it's either Bane, Solomon Grundy or Croc (but hoping for Swamp Thing). There's a LOT of value in these figures.

Reaction score
I imagine we will see wave 2 at toy fair this month. Almost guaranteed we see the Birds of Prey movie Harley figure. She was supposed to be in wave one as indicated by the back of some of the packaging.

Other rumored figures are....

Arkham Batman
Arkham Joker (both from Walmarts website)

WW1984
WW1984 Gold

Yellow oval Batman

Flash

Another build a Batmobile assortment

In another interview Todd also mentioned "White Knight" as something we see in wave 2. So it could be any character from that comic.

Can't wait for toy fair!

Reaction score
Interesting that there's no word on a Cheetah figure yet - that's the one I'm looking forward to.

Reaction score
Since the Arkham figures seem to be Wal-Mart exclusives, I don't think they'll be considered Wave 2 figures.

I'm very curious if it'll be a TV, Movie, or Comic Flash whenever he does get released.

Arkham Batman and whatever (hypthetical/inevitable) Catwoman, Robin, and Green Lantern figures are the ones I'm looking forward to. And of course, a Swamp Thing. I don't even care what version, just that we get one.

Reaction score
I think we need to change how we view waves with McFarlane. It wont be quite as simple as we are used to from Hasbro. For instance, I'm pretty sure this wave one consists of something like 6 assortments. Theres a Superman assortment (Animated and Comic), Batman Assortment (animated and comic), Build a Batmobile, Armored, Animated (GL and Harley? I could be wrong about this one), and general multiverse (Arrow).

I could be wrong but that's what I'm hearing. So "wave 2" may not drop all at once. We might get wave 2 of Build a Batmobile at a different time than wave 2 of Superman. What I've heard is that this means new figures might come out more frequently....but only like 2 at a time. I'm pretty sure he does this to track sales data better as he can see which assortments stores are requesting more of more frequently. If stores keep ordering more of the 2 figure wave 1 Batman assortment he knows both of those are a hit. He doesn't have to guess from an entire wave of 6-8 figures which ones are selling and which ones aren't.

Reaction score
I think youre 100% right about it not being traditional waves. Last week I saw a post on Instagram about the Amored Superman, Hellbat, and animated green lantern starting to hit and it was phrased in a way that made it seem like they were basically "wave 1A". Plus, movie Harley is apparently advertised on some packages already, but she has definitely not been released yet.

Also, I saw a picture on Instagram of The Batman variants today. Both Animated and Comic have a Blue/Grey color scheme variant. Of course, now that I've decided I'm actually DO want the BTAS figure, I'm sure I'll only be able to find that variant now (It looks weird because that's not how he was colored on the show, so I don't want it).

Reaction score
Arkham Batman and Arkham Joker look really good. That joker will probably the the definitive one from this line for me.

Reaction score
was able to find the complete wave of McFarlane DC Multiverse Batman wave at Gamestop the other day. these looks awesome and the buildable Batmobile is a nice touch.

BATMAN - HELL BAT

NIGHTWING

BATGIRL

THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS

BATMOBILE (buildable)

Reaction score
I know it was weeks ago, but of the new stuff revealed...I'm pretty much down for all of it except Gold Armor WW. I really hope the line expands beyond Batman and we get a proper Justice League. I'm mixing in DC Essentials figures in to help get me there but I know I'll be selling them off once I get replacements from Todd.

Reaction score
So....

Dawn Breaker
Devestator
Flashpoint Batman
Grim Knight
Modern Flash
Modern Joker
Murder Machine
Red Death
Red Hood
Vehicle & Figure

Pretty happy with this leaked list

Reaction score
Those all look awful. More junk clogging the pegs that wont sell. I dont think this will last beyond a few waves and 7" DC will be dead until another company picks it up. Just my opinion, if you like them, go for it.
Is it too early to quote this? White Knight figures are excellent. The Dark Knights look amazing...all the end of year stuff looks amazing.

Reaction score
Is it too early to quote this? White Knight figures are excellent. The Dark Knights look amazing...all the end of year stuff looks amazing.
I agree. Due to space and money, I'm not getting most of the Dark Knights stuff, but these figures look awesome. McFarlane's stuff overall is getting very exciting.

In a thread on Toyark a few months ago, I read that a lot of issues with wave 1 came from basically WB telling Todd he had to make changes on stuff that was already too far along in production and supposedly it became such a headache that Todd tried to get out of the agreement. Apparently it was all ironed out though.

Reaction score
I hear there was a lot of push back and forth on wave 1. It's definitely not quite as good as the more recent stuff but even so, there's quite a bit to like in wave 1.

Both Armored figures look fantastic. BWL turned out great. AC1000 Superman is probably the best mass retail Superman figure to date. Nightwing and Batgirl both look really good, they just are unfortunately too tall compared to the rest of the line.

DC1000 Batman....he's a solid figure but that head sculpt kind of kills it.

Arrow is serviceable.

The Animated figures.....eh, they could have been better.

All in all I'd say about half the wave is good/really good, the other half is adequate. The biggest problem with the wave is at first glance, there's nothing fresh feeling about it. Outside of BWL and the armored figures it's almost more of the same....even though the details added are Todd's unique flourishes on the character.

The newer stuff feels that much more exciting because it's all new stuff and I'm pretty sure wave 1 was rushed into production. So issues like DC1000 Batman's head just aren't there anymore.

Btw, it seems like scaling has been fixed for the most part. It looks like AC1000 Superman and BWL are proper scale. DC1000 Batman, Nightwing and Batgirl are too tall. Newer stuff lines up with AC1000 Superman and BWL nicely. The one exception seems to be Superman Infected. He somehow was mis-scaled too small.

Reaction score
Oh make no mistake I loved wave 1. I think Batgirl is underrated. I think a lot of negative criticisms were based on Batman and Superman's capes, instead of something like Nightwing or Arrow who don't have capes and might be a little easier to judge the general sculpting on.

The animated figures are cool, and im glad to have Batman and Harley. I can't imagine a better way to do that Batman, so I have nothing negative to say about him. Maybe something with the elbows?

I do agree the upcoming stuff looks real refreshing, but I do want to see a lot of non Batman figures (Swamp Thing, Constantine, Deadman, Blue Beetle, Green Lantern, Saint Walker, Dr Fate). Especially McFarlane-ized versions of them.

Reaction score
Tye Butler mentioned wanting to do Justice League Dark so I'm sure some cool stuff is coming down the pipeline.

The only figures we know about that haven't been shown are Death Metal Batman, his motorcycle from Death Metal, Damian Wayne Robin, Superman Red Son, The Drowned.

Which are all welcome additions...I'm a fan of building the Bat-Family, but I want some more "classic" characters mixed in as well.

Reaction score
Quote me all you want, these Do clog the pegs at Target (and Walmart) where I live. The only ones that sell are the ones the scalpers can turn a profit on. The only explanation is that collectors dont want them, and kids/parents don't want to spend that much on say a Batman or Superman when there are cheaper options. By comparison, the Marvel Legends figures continually have empty pegs. Target has so many of these DC figures, they moved some to a back endcap, next to toys like a giraffe-necked Paul Stanley in a Fireman's hat and a Batman/Robin/Batmobile bowling pin figure set. Like I said, if people love them, go for it. In my area these will be future stock for Tuesday Morning and Ross Dress for Less.

Reaction score
Quote me all you want, these Do clog the pegs at Target (and Walmart) where I live. The only ones that sell are the ones the scalpers can turn a profit on. The only explanation is that collectors dont want them, and kids/parents don't want to spend that much on say a Batman or Superman when there are cheaper options. By comparison, the Marvel Legends figures continually have empty pegs. Target has so many of these DC figures, they moved some to a back endcap, next to toys like a giraffe-necked Paul Stanley in a Fireman's hat and a Batman/Robin/Batmobile bowling pin figure set. Like I said, if people love them, go for it. In my area these will be future stock for Tuesday Morning and Ross Dress for Less.
My biggest beef with them are the scale. I refuse to buy a 7" super hero figure when I have tons of 6" Marvel figures. I decided to save my money and just get a few Mezco One 12 series figures. I got the Batman Supreme Knight, the Chris Reeves Superman, and the new Wonder Woman figure on pre-order. That'll be my 6" DC collection right there, and I'm fine with that.

Reaction score
Quote me all you want, these Do clog the pegs at Target (and Walmart) where I live.
I believe you, but it's not the same story where I live at all. I've only every seen Batman and superman figures at target, and usually just 2 or 3. Never seen a Batgirl in the wild anywhere except for at C2E2, and she was pretty rare. On the flipside, it's been literal years since I've seen empty Legends pegs, and those aren't because they're well-stocked. These are figures from 2014/2015 that still haven't moved. Generally, Legends sell better than everything, but everyone already knows that. I buy from both lines, so I don't have a dog in the fight, but in my area the DC stuff moves pretty quick.

Reaction score
The AoA figures from Legends don't seem to be faring so well. So much that AoA Wolverine has become a IG contest where you submit pictures of your store with pegs clogged from him.

My personal experience with the figures. I've seen Hell-bat and Unchained Superman exactly once each. I've finally started seeing Batgirl, BWL and Nightwing assortment. I don't think stores were stocking those very much until recently actually. I know this is the second run of those figures though because Todd mentioned BWL was selling so well they had to make more of them. Same with the armored figures. The BWL, Nightwing and Batgirl figures are moving though. I've gone back to those same Targets and seen maybe one left over at any given time.

Of the White Knight figures (the most recent release) Batman seems to linger longer than the others. I've seen Azrael just once, same with Joker. Joker is an army builder though so it's not surprising he's moving if people want to make a GTO army. At one WM, they moved the DC Multiverse figures to another aisle as they do their reset though. So unfortunately there are a few White Knight Batman's hanging out over there. But still, the in store stock is 5 total figures. I'd hardly call that clogging the pegs.

The most prevalent figures I've seen from this line are DC1000 Batman and Animated Batman. But I also know that stores ordered more of those figures as I believe those are the same assortment. Todd doesn't make typical waves. He makes small assortments of 2-3 figures.

WW...the Armored version hangs around on the pegs at Target in the electronics section.

Arkham figures seem to move pretty well.

Like or dislike this line. Sales numbers are strong. They regularly sell out with fan channel stores and many of the figures they had to issue second runs to meet demand. They oversold Wave 1 Batman figures but he hasn't reached AoA Weapon X in terms of overstock. Not even close.

Mezco figures are nice...but I've decided they just aren't for me. I got Sovereign Knight Batman and he looks great, I just don't like posing him too much. I'm worried too much about pinching the fabric and ruining it overtime. I know the articulation is pretty good on him but I'll never take advantage of it because I don't want to strain him.

I too didn't want 7" figures because they wouldn't scale with my ML figures and I couldn't pose them together. But then I thought about it and realized I never posed my Marvel Figures with DC before so what's the difference. And frankly it's because I never liked any DC figures before this line. Besides, I already have NECA figures that don't scale with ML. And I have SW figures that don't scale with ML....and Ghostbusters. At some point it just didn't matter. If I have enough DC figures they will be on their own anyway.

Reaction score
The 7" thing bothers me simply for displaying withing the prior DC figures I already bought, and nothing to do with crossovers!

I can't have Batgirl towering over Batman and Superman for crying out loud. lol

Reaction score
Maybe because I just pick and choose DC figures, so I have less of these than Marvel Legends, but I feel like there hasn't been a lot of consistency across dc lines even when the same company was making them. But also for that reason, I think the DC direct deadman and DCUC Swamp thing might be good to display with these.

I won't be getting that infected Superman, but if they gave him a new headsculpt, he would be an instant purchase. That Metal Batman looks really awesome, even though he would be my 4th one of this line, he might be the one to display. I'll probably also get that Flash because I like the character and the figure looks really sharp

Reaction score
I still haven't seen Shazam, but i feel like I'm gonna want this figure after I eventually do. Mattel was really starting to figure it out at the end. The Clayface BaF is awesome!

All that said, I'm very looking forward to McFarlane's eventual Pattinson Batman figure and any King shark figure he decides to make.

Reaction score
I agree that Shazam figure is very nice, and the icing on top is that I only paid around $10 for him during a sale!
Though unfortunately they're all sold out and going for much higher by those 3rd party sellers.

I think Shazam was one of the better DC outings of recent Snyderverse years and it worth seeing, that said it is definitely more of a child's take so you do have to watch it from a different perspective than the others.

Reaction score
I haven't heard anyone I know say they didnt enjoy it. Even people that don't like superhero movies seemed to really enjoy it. By and large I've enjoyed the DC movies I've seen. Some more than some of the MCU, so I'm sure I'd see the joy in this one too.

Reaction score
The new Batman that was debuted yesterday is a part of something called the Gold Label collection which apparently will be figures from different aspects of pop culture.

However in the video that Todd did showing the figure, he said he's allowed to do his own redesigns on some DC characters and so figures of those. I'm pretty excited about what can come out of that!

Reaction score
Does anyone know is the Mcfarlane Batman Metal figures Walmart exclusives or going to show up at other retailers?