Mattel - DC Comics 6" Multiverse - Collect & Connect

Reaction score
The Garner Walmart has stopped carrying them entirely. They'd had nothing since about the late 2016 wave (with Armored Batman, Carrie Kelley Robin and the Mutant Leader), and they clearanced everything down to $1 midway through last year. It all went, very quickly, too, and I haven't seen DC Multiverse at this Walmart since then. They still carry DC figures, but no Multiverse stuff that I've seen. Slim pickings at the Smithfield Walmart, as well, although I wasn't really looking the last time I went.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Multiverse Movie Devito Penguin and Ledger Joker are up for pre-order on BBTS. No pictures yet though.
I really need to check this thread more often, as I only learned about this today by googling them on a whim. I had the TRU exclusive (I think) version of the Joker, but since it was the only way to get Penguin, I pre-ordered the set.

Reaction score
So I picked up an essentials Superman and he’s nice but he just doesn’t mesh with my other figures so I’m back to the drawing board on Superman. I had a DCSH Superman but I sold him. I had always assumed the DCUC Superman was the same figure but it looks like he’s bigger? Does he mesh better with marvel legends as that’s the dominate figure in my 6” collection.

What are everyone’s recommendations on superman? I was thinking of the super friends Superman with a multiverse rebirth head, cape and hands. I’ve seen that custom around. I’m also thinking about the new kingdom come Superman with a classic vinyl logo over the existing logo. Is the new multiverse body worth it?

Any DC direct versions worth looking into?

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
Just saw on the Fwoosh next movie Multiverse figures are Batman Forever Riddler, Batman Forever Robin, George Clooney Batman, and possibly Shazam.

I wish they would get around to Keaton Batman, Batman Returns Catwoman, Reeve Superman, Hackman Lex, and Nicholson Joker before they lose the license but I doubt that's going to happen. I'd be really surprised if we get any of these actually.

Reaction score
Just saw on the Fwoosh next movie Multiverse figures are Batman Forever Riddler, Batman Forever Robin, George Clooney Batman, and possibly Shazam.

I wish they would get around to Keaton Batman, Batman Returns Catwoman, Reeve Superman, Hackman Lex, and Nicholson Joker before they lose the license but I doubt that's going to happen. I'd be really surprised if we get any of these actually.
Technically, we did get Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman already, just not as part of the signature series. I've heard the likeness fee for Nicholson is through the roof, which is why we've never seen that one. Pfeiffer Catwoman would be awesome, and I'd definitely by a BF Robin & Riddler.

Reaction score
Technically, we did get Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman already, just not as part of the signature series. I've heard the likeness fee for Nicholson is through the roof, which is why we've never seen that one. Pfeiffer Catwoman would be awesome, and I'd definitely by a BF Robin & Riddler.
I love the 4 inch Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman. I also have the Neca 7 inch versions which are also awesome. I just wish we could get all the major players in a scale that matches. Pfeiffer Catwoman would be my first choice since she hasn't been released anywhere near 6/7inch scale and then we'd at least have Batman Returns sort of finished off in larger scale. I know Nicholson is wishful thinking, but one can dream!

Reaction score
I will definitely pick up a BF Robin! I'd love a Keaton and blame Batman (preferably tdk), but I wonder how different it would actually be from the Movie masters figure, if at all?

I ordered the Kyle Rayner green lantern from toy wiz because I don't expect to see this wave at target (the ONLY place I see that carries multiverse) and this figure is simply awesome! Definitely looking forward to getting more of these this year!

Reaction score
So McFarlane acquired the rights for 6 and 12 inch "super poseable" collector's line of DC figures.

Did not see that coming!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love the 4 inch Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman. I also have the Neca 7 inch versions which are also awesome. I just wish we could get all the major players in a scale that matches. Pfeiffer Catwoman would be my first choice since she hasn't been released anywhere near 6/7inch scale and then we'd at least have Batman Returns sort of finished off in larger scale. I know Nicholson is wishful thinking, but one can dream!
Bob. I want Bob, dang it. He's our number one guy.

Reaction score
Looks like the "leak" on Fwoosh earlier might have been confused. Apparently the figures are mostly Toybiz tributes, not movie figures- 89 Batman, Joker and Riddler based off old Toybiz series plus a Robin I don't recognize and a not green skinned version of Poison Ivy.

Reaction score
So, now that all the Star Wars excitement is over. I was wondering how the DC line is shaking out, now that there's a new company making them.
I figured TF would be the place to see the first sign of what's to come, but I haven't seen anything familiar in terms of style and scale of what I'm used to seeing.
Traditional Action Figures per say. Most of it looks a bit odd and funky, even bizarre on some items.

Definitely looks very different than the past 10-20 of Mattel. What are poeple's thoughts on what they've seen or heard?

Reaction score
So, now that all the Star Wars excitement is over. I was wondering how the DC line is shaking out, now that there's a new company making them.
I figured TF would be the place to see the first sign of what's to come, but I haven't seen anything familiar in terms of style and scale of what I'm used to seeing.
Traditional Action Figures per say. Most of it looks a bit odd and funky, even bizarre on some items.

Definitely looks very different than the past 10-20 of Mattel. What are poeple's thoughts on what they've seen or heard?
Saw an interview with McFarlane Toys who got the 6-7inch scale license. They said we won't see any of their stuff until 2020. The few things I saw from Mattel weren't wonderful.

Reaction score
I wanted to see the **** Grayson Batman figure. That was one of my favorite storylines.
it's a little worrisome they didn't show the things we saw at SDCC like Nightwing. But if they went ahead and tooled Red Robin, there's hope for the rest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, Bizarro is an exclusive. I haven't found him in my area yet, but I did pick up Dr. Sivana from Shazam Monday night.

Reaction score
Game stop has a sale on figures right now. 20 or 25% off action figures. The Batman signature series Batman forever is also clearanced out for $10.79

Reaction score
Has anyone on the East Coast (NJ) seen the Multiverse Shazam movie figures in a store?

Reaction score
Just arrived from Amazon today!

That Penguin figure is about 27 years overdue! Finally got my hands on it after months of waiting for it to come out. If the rumors are true that this was it for the signature series, then that completes the set of five for me!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Too bad they didnt do a Reeve Superman for that line. And the Phantom Zone trio.

Reaction score
Too bad they didnt do a Reeve Superman for that line. And the Phantom Zone trio.
NECA put one out a few years back, which was of similar quality, so it does exist at least. Same for the Keaton Batman.

Bob. I want Bob and I want him now. He's my number one guy. :(
Without the Joker, though, it would seem incomplete, and from what I hear Nicholson's likeness rights are so expensive, we'll never see that version in this form.

Reaction score
NECA put one out a few years back, which was of similar quality, so it does exist at least. Same for the Keaton Batman.
I know, but that version of Reeve is too pricey and ebay is flooded with fakes. Would be nice if a cheaper option was released.

Reaction score
I know, but that version of Reeve is too pricey and ebay is flooded with fakes. Would be nice if a cheaper option was released.
True. NECA also put out a Joker around the same time, and that one got a re-do here. But unless I heard wrong, apparently there won't be anymore signature figures released, so no Reeve Superman, no O'Donnell Robin (BF version, not the pre-Nightwing outfit from B & R), and no Pfeiffer Catwoman, the latter two I would definitely want.

Reaction score
Without the Joker, though, it would seem incomplete, and from what I hear Nicholson's likeness rights are so expensive, we'll never see that version in this form.
He can go with the ToyBiz-themed figure of the Joker they're doing. Bob was, after all, the third figure in that series.

Reaction score
My Tuesday Morning had zero Mattel items except for Barbie. Great find, Echo_Six.

Reaction score
In addition to WW, they had Mera and Ocean Master from the Aquaman movie, also $9.99. Mera was tempting, because she was my biggest MIA want from the DCUC line. Think I'll stick with the DC Direct Brightest Day version, though.

Reaction score
Wal-Mart: found Killer Croc Multiverse wave. Got Alfred and Batman.

Target: found new (exclusive?) Batman Multiverse figures (3 in the series, non-CandC) - Black suit Batman, Poison Ivy, and Joker although someone beat me to him.

Target clearance: found the Primal Batcave Funko playset for $18. I dont collect the figures which were $4, but this playset will make a nice lair for my MOTU Evil Horde!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up Shazam because he was only $11 and thought he'd go well with the other Movie figures I have. Except that he's about a head taller than Superman!
Good ole Mattel cannot keep the same scale very long. I'm starting to think I'm not gonna be able to complete a proper JL team.

Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, according to DC Comics, Superman is 6'3" and Shazam is 6'4". But I guess a head taller is more than an inch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, out of all the iterations over the years I always figured they were real close, but never knew who was the tallest. Although MoS Supes does look a bit shrunk, especially the head. He's about eye to eye with Gal Gadot's WW.

Reaction score
picked up the last 2 figures needed for the BAF Killer Croc figure (KG Beast and Katanna). Croc is awesome looking. not sure what I'm gonna do with the figures of KG and Katanna though as I really only wanted the BAF pieces from those 2.

Also I have extra Killer Croc arms and Alfred Head Sculpts if anyone is interested. I know Alfred in the HTF figure at the moment. I ordered 4 Alfred's off eBay as I wanted to display each of the 4 head sculpts. if anyone is interested in acquiring these head sculpts shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

Reaction score
It's starting to really set in how much I'm gonna miss Mattel for DC figures, I'm already finding it difficult creating my dream team JL lineup.
The new DC Essentials are 7", so not really compatible with previous figures I've gotten.

Reaction score
Is there one more wave coming out this year from Mattel? I saw an image of a rumored Retro Riddler and others. Its sad Mattel lost the DC license. Their figures have been stellar lately.