Mattel - DC Comics 6" Multiverse - Collect & Connect

GNT

Reaction score
I couldn't see a separate thread for the 6" DC Comics Multiverse figures so here it is. These were revealed at SDCC

Anyone going to collect this line?

Reaction score
I couldn't see a separate thread for the 6" DC Comics Multiverse figures so here it is. These were revealed at SDCC

Anyone going to collect this line?
I'm not that big into the 6" line so I'll be passing on these. I wish Mattel would do something like this for the 3.75" Multiverse line. I'd love a BAF figure or build a mini environment type piece included in a wave of 3.75" figures

Reaction score
I grabbed a Superman from Target a few days ago. I am not into the Arrow or Flash. I may pick up Wonder Woman, Joker and Batman at some point.

I hope they make Ultraman, Superwoman and Owlman down the road...can never have enough of them :)

Reaction score
I think i may be very late to the party. But who is that dark skinned Superman figure?

Reaction score
I believe that is Val-Zod from the New 52 Earth 2 series. I don't collect Earth 2 so not to sure of the storyline.

Reaction score
I've been trying to keep my collection limited to 3.75" figures. I've dabbled in the earlier Arkham themed Multiverse line. But I'm considering that Flash figure. I never got the DCU Classics Flash figure. He's look great with my Bale Batman and MOS Superman.

Reaction score
Just found the Batman :The Dark Knight Returns Batman figure at Walmart this morning. Didn't know that it was even in existence. Looks like a Superman and Son of Batman are also available but they weren't there. I believe it's the same figure previously released but in the blue/grey colors.

Reaction score
saw these again last night at both Walmart and Target. I had the Joker in my hands but I'm just not feeling it. call me crazy if you must but this is NOT The Joker.... I'm old school so I prefer the purple/ green outfit... not this sorta weird sadistic looking version. maybe it's because I didn't read any of the new Batman comics in awhile.

Reaction score
Just found the Batman :The Dark Knight Returns Batman figure at Walmart this morning. Didn't know that it was even in existence. Looks like a Superman and Son of Batman are also available but they weren't there. I believe it's the same figure previously released but in the blue/grey colors.
Say what? Pictures....needed

Sent using Delorean Time Machine

Reaction score
I also saw these this morning and grabbed the Superman. He comes with a Kryptonite arrow. I didn‘t buy Batman because it‘s just a repaint of the stocky Dark Knight Batman from a few years ago.
It was cool to see something new that was totally a surprise. I hadn‘t heard about these at all. The package says “anniversary special edition“.
Just Googled them and they were apparently revealed at NYCC last year. o_O
How‘d I miss that?

Oh, they are Walmart exclusives!

Say what? Pictures....needed

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw these today, had no idea they were in the works. I'm trying to cut back on my purchases overall but man...Bat's and Superman were tempting.

Reaction score
I really want to grab the Arrow and Flash someday, but I'm not in a rush; my local Target has at least 2 of each right now.

Reaction score
Picked up Superman from the Dark Knight Returns line. Passed on Batman and didn't see Son of Batman

Reaction score
Yeah, Superman has proven to be QUITE elusive. And a lot fo stores aren't even carrying the little limited sale carton. I snagged a Superman on Friday afternoon and havent seen another since. Hopefully these will show up in larger numbers once sales prove successful.

Reaction score
Found 1 Superman and 4 Batmans at. Local Wal-Mart. Grabbed 1 of each. No son of batman though.

Reaction score
Ugh, that Superman uses the same body as Batman and it just does NOT work for him! I mean, Batman was supposed to be older and kind of gone to seed, it works for him. But Superman just looks fat and out of shape. He's beefy in TDKR, but not like that... I've come real close to giggling the couple times I've seen it now!

Reaction score
I'm not trying to start rumors, but everywhere I've gone, I've seen a lot of Batmans and either one Superman or one Son of Batman. I haven't seen any come out of a case, so I can't speak with authority. It just looks to me like every story is getting a bunch of Batmans (Batmen?) and then either one Superman or Son of Batman.

Reaction score
I've seen a couple variations on the assortments in my area. A lot of stores have gotten the pre-packed cartons (DKR Qty 6) (BVS 6" standard figures Qty 36) (DC unlimited 12" (Qty24)

One store I found the DKR slots were ALL batman. Then another piggybacked behind it with 2 Batman, 2 Superman and 2 Son of batman. Batman will definitely be the one left over at your stores. Supes and SOB will be in short supply.

Reaction score
Could've sworn I saw a Green Arrow (Mike Grell Longbow Hunter version) at Target a few days ago, kinda wishing I picked it up because I can't find anything online about it.

Reaction score
Could've sworn I saw a Green Arrow (Mike Grell Longbow Hunter version) at Target a few days ago, kinda wishing I picked it up because I can't find anything online about it.
The only Mike Grell Green Arrow I can find online is part of the 6" DC Icons line. There is a 6" Multiverse Collect and Connect Green Arrow, but it's the TV show version, which I'm sure you've already discovered.

I'm on the fence about the upcoming End Game Joker, as I think $20 is too steep for the sculpt. Opinions?

Reaction score
I found wave 2 (or wave 1.5?) at a Walmart

Aka reverse flash, zero year batman and black superman

Reaction score
The only Mike Grell Green Arrow I can find online is part of the 6" DC Icons line. There is a 6" Multiverse Collect and Connect Green Arrow, but it's the TV show version, which I'm sure you've already discovered.
I'm starting to wonder if what I saw was the result of someone swapping the Icons Green Arrow with a TV show Arrow; either way I'm going to pick up that Icons GA because it looks very cool.

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if what I saw was the result of someone swapping the Icons Green Arrow with a TV show Arrow; either way I'm going to pick up that Icons GA because it looks very cool.
I didn't know the Icons series was available in brick-and-mortar stores. In any case, BBTS has it in stock right now for a good price. I'm looking forward to receiving my Icons "No Man's Land" Harley Quinn and "Death in the Family" Joker eventually. The Batgirl of Burnside set that was just announced looks fantastic, in spite of the price point!

P.S. Mike Grell will be here in Lexington next weekend for LexCon.

Reaction score
It bugs me that the Dark Knight Returns Batman is in the gray and blue outfit, as opposed to the gray and black he wears for most of the story. Anyone know if they plan on releasing a variant?

Also, the Son of Batman member was a weak choice, in my opinion. What do I have to do to get a Mutant Leader, DC?

Reaction score
Yeah, they released a black/gray one back in '13 or so, as part of the Batman Unlimited line. It's a pretty good figure, much better than the DCC one from over ten years ago that they've rereleased.

Also, the Mutant Leader and Robo Dark Knight were shown at TF as part of the new Multiverse line. They're on the way later this year. There's also the $60+ priced ML from Mezco, if you really need one now.

Reaction score
I found a case of Batman, Superman, Nightmare Batman, and Aquaman today at Walmart.
Lex Luthor is listed on the back but was not in the case. There‘s also another character silhouette that says “coming soon”. It looks like a small person so maybe it‘s Flash?
I didn‘t buy Nightmare Batman but I may because he comes with the grappling gun piece. He also comes with a bunch of batarangs which is nice.
Aquaman is an excellent sculpt with great paint apps. He comes with the actual grappling “hook”.

Reaction score
So on closer inspection, the silhouette seems to be another version of Superman as it‘s the same outline. Maybe it‘s a really battle damaged version? That‘ß the final figure in the 8 that make up the grappling gun.

Reaction score
Looking at the Mutant Leader again, Mattel seems to have based him off of only one panel: the first time he appears, wherein he has studded spikes on his head. In the remainder of the comic, he has no spikes on his head. Like so:

Though maybe he's based off of this:

Reaction score
The Mutant Leader and a DKR armored Batman were announced at Toy Fair.

Reaction score
Anyone have the Flash figure, any comments on him? Still thinking of getting him for my realistic Justice League.

Reaction score
Picked up the flash....and an awful waste of plastic he was packed with. I like him. Arms are a little short but he's nice.