MATTEL: Bravestarr

HWR

Reaction score
I remember back in the late 1980's some large (eiher 8" or 12") Bravestarr figures was sold at a local department store. I have a couple of questions concerning them, as I loved that cartoon back then.

How many figures (and vehicles / playsets) exist in the line?
Are they hard to come by today and are they expensive to obtain?
Was the also produced small 3.75" firures from the Bravestarr cartoon?

HWR

Reaction score
Re: Bravestarr

Thanks for the link, Ben. That page answars all of my questions and a lot more.

Reaction score
Re: Bravestarr

I quite like the artwork on the packaging for the playsets but the actual toy itself does not have much of play appeal.

Reaction score
HWR said:
I loved that cartoon back then.
Bravestarr was something only I thought I knew about when I first watched it , I think I was watching it a few years after it was popular so none of my friends knew about it and even years later when trying to describe this cartoon to people in High school I never had any luck, people thought I was mad!

I had a video of possibly the first 2 or 3 episodes so although I have never seen any others or didn't have the toys I knew the whole back story and how they introduced the characters, I still remember putting that video on and watching it over and over (I even stopped playing with my Star Wars figures to watch this cartoon! )

I thought about collecting the line as it was so small but I can't afford two and really the figures hold no memories for me, I would be happier with the DVD!

J

HWR

Reaction score
Bumping this old thread, as I just got the DVD box with episodes of the Bravestarr cartoon. Already had a box with some of the episodes, but now I finally have all of them.

To bad so few characters came as action figures and that Mattel didn't make a line of 3.75" inch figures too. A bit strange they never made a Stampede figure, as he was the main villain.

HWR

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Joe.

I bought it a year or two ago, but haven't seen it yet.

The box I bought with the "rest" of the episodes" turned out to be part of a three volume set (it was listed as part of the two volume set in the eBay auction), so I got a lot of overlapping episodes, but not all of them. Therefore I bought the 7-disc box with all episodes and will sell the other two boxes.

Saw some of the episodes yesterday and still enjoyed them after all these years.

HWR

Reaction score
Bumping this very old thread about my favorite cartoon of all time.

A couple of years since I last saw it, but still have the box with all episodes. I remeber, some kids got addicted to a drug in one episode and in the end a kid actuaslly die from an overdose. Wasn't that very controversal for a cartoon in the US back in the 1980's?

Still wish they had made a 3.75'' line of figures based on it or at least made more characters in the large figure line.