Master Replicas Y-Wing Studio Scale Model

Reaction score
And to think back in 2006 I was going to pass on one. I am sure glad I didn't very happy with mine. #111

Reaction score
On a side note, I tried to view your collection with the link in your sig but I get a 404 error. Is that an active link?

Thanks for the notice, the link was originally to my listing in the Registry, now I have it pointed to my collection thread in the props section. I need to update that thread, I've added so much that isn't properly represented yet. Just need to find the time to do all of the shooting, (photography), that I have on my to do list.

The Y-Wing is awesome, the detail is amazing and the replica Turbo Cannon is a big plus.

Reaction score
For the people who have the MR Y-Wing and the eFX TIE Fighter, would the small Death Star turret that comes with the Y-Wing fit on the TIE's base? Anyone has some close up pics of that turret please?

Reaction score
Got my second plaque from ebay years ago.Wherefrom official =?.I think it is a good question for Bryan from eFX.

Thank you for your help Catch. I'll look on Ebay. My number edition is 170 :) i'm very very happy with my Y-Wing :)

Reaction score
For the people who have the MR Y-Wing and the eFX TIE Fighter, would the small Death Star turret that comes with the Y-Wing fit on the TIE's base? Anyone has some close up pics of that turret please?
I don't have the TIE Fighter, but I do have the MR Y-Wing with the replica Death Star Turbo cannon. I have one picture of it posted in this thread above. I can try to help with more pics of the turret, what angles are you interested in? It is designed with a recess in the front to act as the plaque holder for a standard MR plaque as shown in the above photo. The turret actually is weathered and detailed very nice, the turbo lasers do elevate up and down.

Reaction score
I don't have the TIE Fighter, but I do have the MR Y-Wing with the replica Death Star Turbo cannon. I have one picture of it posted in this thread above. I can try to help with more pics of the turret, what angles are you interested in? It is designed with a recess in the front to act as the plaque holder for a standard MR plaque as shown in the above photo. The turret actually is weathered and detailed very nice, the turbo lasers do elevate up and down.

Thanks in advance for your help. :) I would like some close up oics since everything I've seen online was of the Y-Wing proto and from far away.

Reaction score
Finally got mine and it is a beauty, I heard a lot of a bad paintjob, but I think it is better than the PJ on the Snowspeeder.

I took more pics for my limelight thread since there a not that many pics of the Y-Wing in the WWW: LINK

OQ2KFzk.jpg

Hxyliuj.jpg

ODNJDFr.jpg

AwsoRne.jpg

4shPZWt.jpg

zD4BUMI.jpg

8mnx9ER.jpg

IPxEBBp.jpg

PO8zQQL.jpg

g96gUP4.jpg

UDhDt9d.jpg

x6RA37T.jpg

xqJn8S3.jpg

UZwWhF8.jpg

uvgiZ8h.jpg

eA61AXk.jpg

AKmt4ub.jpg

gMK5Tm5.jpg

MjH4ERy.jpg

n1bSGNM.jpg

O1iXPwu.jpg

dlBGWee.jpg

X50bRj8.jpg

ZS5BumH.jpg

p60kYai.jpg

TvpwWeN.jpg

EjpCdqe.jpg

zrg9FNS.jpg

t5daa2a.jpg

SPCmPKF.jpg

Chris

Reaction score
Congratulations on picking up such a grail piece and thanks for posting such wonderful photos.

one of my regrets was not picking one of these up when they were initially released.

Reaction score
I have #100 in my collection. The best part, despite the plague stating an edition size of 1000, only 500 were actually produced.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, I first was a bit afraid buying it for a higher price than regular collectibles due to the negative feedback it got from a lot of collectors (bad paintjob for example). But I cannot second that. It is actually very well done, just the base is not done as MR did them usually and the base is too small and has no cover. Everything else is perfect imo. Do not hesitate to pick one up when you have the chance to.
Chris

Reaction score
Thanks, I first was a bit afraid buying it for a higher price than regular collectibles due to the negative feedback it got from a lot of collectors (bad paintjob for example). But I cannot second that. It is actually very well done, just the base is not done as MR did them usually and the base is too small and has no cover. Everything else is perfect imo. Do not hesitate to pick one up when you have the chance to.
Chris
Yeah, collectors are fickle. I've always liked mine. The paint job is factory, so it will never be as good as custom paint. The model itself is solid. For the base and acrylic cover I just had a custom case built.

Reaction score
Yeah, collectors are fickle. I've always liked mine. The paint job is factory, so it will never be as good as custom paint. The model itself is solid. For the base and acrylic cover I just had a custom case built.
Like Shadow said the underlying model is a great base. I got mine for a great price (#363) so I decided to get it repainted but when it was up on blocks I decided to go the whole hog and hacked off a lot of the old piping and had them replaced with brass pipes in a more accurate manner.
Would have been happy with the original but if you have access to a good model maker or are talented enough to undertake the work yourself you can have an even better y-wing.
471ba52ba9c01d4fe8ff0b5efb3b2d5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thats beautiful! Thanks for the photo. Years ago I ordered a broken Master Replicas Snowspeeder. This is a bit of inspiration for me to fix and paint mine. Well done.

Reaction score
Nice colors on yours, for that price I may have done the same as a second presentation for the Y-Wing. But I usually do not touch original paintings or change something since it devalues it in my opinion even when it looks better after the upgrade. For broken collectibles it is another story :)
Chris

Reaction score
Nice colors on yours, for that price I may have done the same as a second presentation for the Y-Wing. But I usually do not touch original paintings or change something since it devalues it in my opinion even when it looks better after the upgrade. For broken collectibles it is another story :)
Chris

To each their own but I don't plan on selling and the moment I saw the stock paint I knew I had to fix it. Under that bland, lifeless paint job there is a kick ass model waiting to be brought to life. Although from what I understand some were maginally better than others unfortunately I've only seen 3 in person.

Reaction score
Like Shadow said the underlying model is a great base. I got mine for a great price (#363) so I decided to get it repainted but when it was up on blocks I decided to go the whole hog and hacked off a lot of the old piping and had them replaced with brass pipes in a more accurate manner.
Would have been happy with the original but if you have access to a good model maker or are talented enough to undertake the work yourself you can have an even better y-wing.
471ba52ba9c01d4fe8ff0b5efb3b2d5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
By the way I think someone asked in onother thread how the turret of the Y-Wing looks with the eFX Tie fighter. I just see you got it displayed exactly like this.
Chris

Reaction score
I don't know if you got yours second hand from a seller. Master Replicas made the second plaque showing the final official edition size for it available to all purchasers back in the day.
Yes actually I'm the 3rd owner of this Y-wing. The previous owners didn't go to MR to receive their second plaque. I remember receiving plaques separately for a couple sabers I both directly online from MR back in the day.
My Falcon is also 2nd hand and I didn't have the correct "cannon" spelled plaque that MR gave out. Sadly, the EFX Wedge helmet's corrected plaque didn't reach me as well even if I bought it directly from a reliable distributor. (They didn't receive the plaques from EFX anymore).

Reaction score
Yes actually I'm the 3rd owner of this Y-wing. The previous owners didn't go to MR to receive their second plaque. I remember receiving plaques separately for a couple sabers I both directly online from MR back in the day.
My Falcon is also 2nd hand and I didn't have the correct "cannon" spelled plaque that MR gave out. Sadly, the EFX Wedge helmet's corrected plaque didn't reach me as well even if I bought it directly from a reliable distributor. (They didn't receive the plaques from EFX anymore).

PM sent

Reaction score
I was able to pick up a Y-Wing on here last month (#007) but it didn't come with any paperwork. Not a deal breaker but a nice to have.

I also own a sealed EFX TIE Artist Proof and EFX X-Wing Artist Proof and have a sealed Death Star base coming for the X-Wing.

There is a guy selling a Y-Wing AP without the box right know. As an AP collector I've been trying to make a deal with him but the guy won't budge. A little aggravating as this is only the second AP I've seen...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I was able to pick up a Y-Wing on here last month (#007) but it didn't come with any paperwork. Not a deal breaker but a nice to have.

I also own a sealed EFX TIE Artist Proof and EFX X-Wing Artist Proof and have a sealed Death Star base coming for the X-Wing.

There is a guy selling a Y-Wing AP without the box right know. As an AP collector I've been trying to make a deal with him but the guy won't budge. A little aggravating as this is only the second AP I've seen...

I've seen that and its pickup only no box. Probably wise as I would have concern's as every single Star Wars piece he has for sale has significant damage. The damage to the sideshow pieces is just wow. Seeing it in person before picking it up would be wise in this situation... There is a story here. As Shipping it without the box could be a continued Greek Tragedy.

Reaction score
I offered my box and plaques for his paperwork and plaques. Figured that would be a good deal for him as that would open up the market for potential buyers. Obviously I would prefer to keep my box but I don't ever see myself getting rid of it.

We were messaging back and forth and I thought he was going to take my deal, then out of the blue he posted asking to buy other people's shipping boxes. After that I just got a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing, too unsure for my taste...

Reaction score
I offered my box and plaques for his paperwork and plaques. Figured that would be a good deal for him as that would open up the market for potential buyers. Obviously I would prefer to keep my box but I don't ever see myself getting rid of it.

We were messaging back and forth and I thought he was going to take my deal, then out of the blue he posted asking to buy other people's shipping boxes. After that I just got a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing, too unsure for my taste...

Yep there is a story here... Somethings off

Reaction score
They were supposed to launch a whole studio scale run to include multiple models but that never happened. The only thing that was released was the $16k Star Destroyer.

Reaction score
I was told EFX Slave One's would start shipping starting in June last year. That never happened either. Such a shame. I would be so on board for more studio scale vehicles.

Reaction score
They were supposed to launch a whole studio scale run to include multiple models but that never happened. The only thing that was released was the $16k Star Destroyer.

This what happened to QMX's studio scale premier line as well realistically as its a pretty narrow market at those prices. There will always be folks in the market with that kind of cash but not enough to sustain a full time crew working on them.

Reaction score
Sorry no, I am an absolute completist, I once even bought just the box from the Sideshow OG Grey Hulk PF for 1K from somebody. :eek:
Chris

Reaction score
Ah ok, I admit I am a completist as well. I am currently looking for Y-Wing paperwork.

I will say that price for the box is a little too much for me lol, but I understand!