Master Replicas Y-Wing Studio Scale Model

Reaction score
Re: Who\'s Ordering the MR Y-wing?

Yep, depends on price. I finally bit on an AT-AT and MR's work is phenomenal. But collecting has been expensive lately. It would be nice if we were surprised by a great deal. Several of the guesses are lower than I feared, based on size.
cool.gif

Reaction score

i will for sure get one. its just a matter of when.i have so many other things (gg,mr,ss,and,attakus) on pre-order. i cant see this being to big of a seller. ill probably snag one within the year or just before they are sold out.

Reaction score

damon5973 said:
on a side note, does anyone have the star wars 365 day book. on the first few pages there is a picture of Lucas with all the ships and models....I think the ones of the y-wings are the studio scale...

I have that book and if judging by the scale of the models in that picture the MR SS Y-Wing is going to be larger than the MR AT-AT if that is what the are indeed using as a reference. If that is the case I can't imagine these being as cheap as the MR SS Snowpeeder.

I will still order it though.

Reaction score

Trust me if you jump on the Y-Wing you'll be happy with it. Just because I will pass doesn't mean its not a great quality piece. Looking at the MR AT-AT and then at this within the offices they are definitely up to par with each other. I am just really really hesitant to believe that the Falcon won't reach the $2000's so I have hold back. If the Falcon doesn't destroy my funds I definitely will go back and get this.

Reaction score

So, anyone optimistic that the release of this wont only be the sales release, but also the physical release, i.e. it will be in stock the day of ordering?

riv

Reaction score

BigDumbWookiee said:
So, anyone optimistic that the release of this wont only be the sales release, but also the physical release, i.e. it will be in stock the day of ordering?

Hell no. Has that EVER happened with MR?

My guess would be it's pre-order for late spring shipping.

Reaction score

BigDumbWookiee said:

Thanksgiving at soonest
wink.gif
(J/K)

I'd guess maybe April. Oh well, I'm passing. The SW SS models have lost their appeal for me...

Reaction score

riv said:
BigDumbWookiee said:

Well, the EEs were reasonably close to their order date. Hey, one can hope
wink.gif
But hopefully they'll have some quality pics for us to obsess over.

Im still curious what the rumored "solution" is to protect this from dust, given the lack of a case. It was hinted months ago that something might be offered or included to help protect it.

Reaction score

BigDumbWookiee said:
wink.gif

Reasonably close? Lol...The Obi-Wan Kenobi EE would disagree with this statement. I checked the actual ordering date on this and it was back in September.

Reaction score

BigDumbWookiee said:

hope not
frown.gif
frown.gif

the longer the better.
my credit cards are maxed out
frown.gif

Reaction score

BigDumbWookiee said:
riv said:
BigDumbWookiee said:

wink.gif

Im still curious what the rumored "solution" is to protect this from dust, given the lack of a case. It was hinted months ago that something might be offered or included to help protect it.

An acrylic case would be nice...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

What else could possibly keep dust off?

Maybe it'll come with a really nice feather duster...

Reaction score

Jedi_Mike said:
BigDumbWookiee said:
wink.gif

Reasonably close? Lol...The Obi-Wan Kenobi EE would disagree with this statement. I checked the actual ordering date on this and it was back in September.

BUT it was to ship October...no no wait..November...No No wait, I meant December...Oh right make that JANUARY...I think

Reaction score

Wow, I thought ordering for the Obi had been later than that, my bad!

Reaction score

I want this, but I think I'll pass for now. I have the Vader single SE bucket, Luke ANH SE and reg. CT bucket to worry about. Not to mention that I STILL haven't picked up the Vader ROTS saber.

Besides, it might be cheaper down the road, if it's still available. The snowspeeder has been available for a year and hasn't sold out yet. Now days, you could probably pick it up for $350-$400 - about $200 less than what I paid a year ago.
frown.gif

So this time around, I think I'll try my luck in the patience game.

Reaction score

Indyjones said:
I want this, but I think I'll pass for now. I have the Vader single SE bucket, Luke ANH SE and reg. CT bucket to worry about. Not to mention that I STILL haven't picked up the Vader ROTS saber.

Besides, it might be cheaper down the road, if it's still available. The snowspeeder has been available for a year and hasn't sold out yet. Now days, you could probably pick it up for $350-$400 - about $200 less than what I paid a year ago.
frown.gif

So this time around, I think I'll try my luck in the patience game.

my thoughts exactly.
other items take priority. the y-wing will be there.

Reaction score

Depending on price I'll probably get one too.

Edit: However I won't be purchasing anything major like LE's or Studio Scales until after the 2006 CS is made available. I will want to use any available coupons for 2006 purchases.

I wasn't able to use my LE or SS coupons from 2005 because I had already made all of my purchases before the CS kits were offered last year.

Reaction score

Shadow said:
Depending on price I'll probably get one too.

Edit: However I won't be purchasing anything major like LE's or Studio Scales until after the 2006 CS is made available. I will want to use any available coupons for 2006 purchases.

I wasn't able to use my LE or SS coupons from 2005 because I had already made all of my purchases before the CS kits were offered last year.

When typically during the year does MR offer the CS kits?

riv

Reaction score

Last year was the first year you had to buy the membership separately. And if I recall correctly, they didn't offer them till halfway through the year.

Reaction score

oblagon said:
When typically during the year does MR offer the CS kits?

There is no "typically" yet. Last year was the first time they did this style of kit. The memberships didn't become available last year until the middle of the year, but they have said they are trying to get the details hammered out sooner for this year.

Reaction score

Actually people signed up the 2005 CS at CIII. I signed up in May and in July they shipped everything out. I believe the coupons went live in between that timeframe.

Reaction score

Well, I´m not quite sure yet (I really like my AT-AT and my Nautilus). It´ll depend on the price and I´m a little bit afraid that a better, more screen accurate and signed version will appear if it sells to good!

Domenik

Reaction score

I also wait for the Falcon or an X-Wing. No need for a Y in my opinion...

Reaction score

The MR blog has a new upcoming announcement stating,

"More new products will be going up for sale in the next month!
Our first Studio Scale piece for 2006 is waiting in the wings!"

Looks like the Y-Wing may be up for order pretty soon then.

Reaction score

Yep, kind of what I expected.

Reaction score
Question about Y-Wing

Hello I'm loking for Y-Wing of Master Replicas and I have two questions about it.

How many plaques has the Y-Wing of Master Replicas and your limited edition was of five hundred or one thousand??

Reaction score
Hello I'm loking for Y-Wing of Master Replicas and I have two questions about it.

How many plaques has the Y-Wing of Master Replicas and your limited edition was of five hundred or one thousand??

This was the original MR answer:

OK. . .Here is your answer . . . Even though the "published" edition size was 1000, we only made a total of 500 Y-Wings. . . PLUS the AP's

There are two plaques (one in the box with the number),and another one (not in the box) with -Wordwide Edition 1000- title.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This was the original MR answer:

OK. . .Here is your answer . . . Even though the "published" edition size was 1000, we only made a total of 500 Y-Wings. . . PLUS the AP's

There are two plaques (one in the box with the number),and another one (not in the box) with -Wordwide Edition 1000- title.

Thank you Catch.

I've seen pictures of your y-wing and I've seen two plaques. Ok, one in the box and another one .... where is another one???

Reaction score
Got my second plaque from ebay years ago.Wherefrom official =?.I think it is a good question for Bryan from eFX.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can I get an AMEN....because you are not alone! But the real question would be, if they did....when would we get them after announced? :hmm:

I doubt that would ever happen, because the production run was cut for lack of demand at the time of their initial release. Absence may make the heart grow fonder, but that is not a good business reason to re-try a high ticket product that did not sell well the first time around. That could easily become a very expensive flop with a lot of unsold inventory.

Here is a shot of mine, #100.
2008122714s.png

Reaction score
I doubt that would ever happen, because the production run was cut for lack of demand at the time of their initial release. Absence may make the heart grow fonder, but that is not a good business reason to re-try a high ticket product that did not sell well the first time around. That could easily become a very expensive flop with a lot of unsold inventory.

Here is a shot of mine, #100.
2008122714s.png

I guess I'm going to have to disagree with you. B) I think the demand is quite high right now, look at the asking price for these...up to $3500? I've also seen many scummers looking for this piece (myself included), but there's no way I'm spending that kind of money for this. If you go by eFX's marketing model, they only produce a scant more product than demand. Look at the TIE figher, they said it was going to be no more the 1000, final was 657, so they won't have any inventory to mark down to move. If I were a betting man, if eFX produced under 500, they'd sell every single one. Again, look at the eFX TIE and X-Wing. Both were already produced by Master Replicas and both sold out...again. So, in my opinion, I think there's a market for the Y-Wing. I'll keep hoping it's produced again. Heck, I didn't think we'd have any more movies and look what happened. ;)

Reaction score
Again, look at the eFX TIE and X-Wing. Both were already produced by Master Replicas and both sold out...again. So, in my opinion, I think there's a market for the Y-Wing. I'll keep hoping it's produced again. Heck, I didn't think we'd have any more movies and look what happened. ;)

Those 2 items were never produced by Master Replicas, I think you maybe talking about the ones produced by Icons, which weren't studio scale replicas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess I'm going to have to disagree with you. B) I think the demand is quite high right now, look at the asking price for these...up to $3500? I've also seen many scummers looking for this piece (myself included), but there's no way I'm spending that kind of money for this.

Which is part of why this won't be offered again; collectors are too fickle. When the edition size was thought to be 1000 units people on this board thought it was overpriced at $799. Now that we know that it is really limited to 500 units, it is commanding a value far above that initial price. If the supply suddenly increased again, the same people would complain there are too many and not worth the asking price again. The old threads on this are still in the archives; this is a pattern that repeats itself often. Again, collectors are fickle - if something is rare everyone wants one, increase the supply and no one wants one!!

Reaction score
Which is part of why this won't be offered again; collectors are too fickle. When the edition size was thought to be 1000 units people on this board thought it was overpriced at $799. Now that we know that it is really limited to 500 units, it is commanding a value far above that initial price. If the supply suddenly increased again, the same people would complain there are too many and not worth the asking price again. The old threads on this are still in the archives; this is a pattern that repeats itself often. Again, collectors are fickle - if something is rare everyone wants one, increase the supply and no one wants one!!

I agree with some of your points and disagree with others. When these were first offered, I couldn't afford it (not sure other about potential buyers). If supply suddenly increased, the people looking to buy (who could afford them), would, the people looking to sell to make a profit would complain. I buy things because I want them in my collection, not because they're rare, but because of this damn Star Wars curse over me. :D My collection is an extension of me, everything I purchase brings me back to my childhood, when I was that 14 year old kid, sitting in awe, watching a movie that to this day, still elicits emotions in me. My collection is not an investment. They only way I sell any of my collection is for a family emergency, otherwise everything is willed to my kids, they can do what they like with it after I'm gone. :hmm:

So, just speaking for myself, some collectors may care about "the rarity" of an item, I don't. 500 or 50,000, I'll still want what I want, regardless of production size.

Reaction score
I buy things because I want them in my collection, not because they're rare, but because of this damn Star Wars curse over me. :D My collection is an extension of me, everything I purchase brings me back to my childhood, when I was that 14 year old kid, sitting in awe, watching a movie that to this day, still elicits emotions in me. My collection is not an investment.

Our collecting attitudes are a lot alike, my collection goes back 35 years, and I never sell or trade anything from it. Because of the nature and longevity of my collection, a lot of my items are now rare; my collection partly defines me. I collect what I want, so I'm constantly adding and never reducing anything except my available space to display everything I have. I'm blessed that my wife is a collector also, she encourages me rather than questions more stuff coming in.

Reaction score
Our collecting attitudes are a lot alike, my collection goes back 35 years, and I never sell or trade anything from it. Because of the nature and longevity of my collection, a lot of my items are now rare; my collection partly defines me. I collect what I want, so I'm constantly adding and never reducing anything except my available space to display everything I have. I'm blessed that my wife is a collector also, she encourages me rather than questions more stuff coming in.

Wow, appearently very much alike...except the fact that my wife isn't a collector, but totally stands behind me with my obsession! For a non-Star Wars fan...she is the best! :D

On a side note, I tried to view your collection with the link in your sig but I get a 404 error. Is that an active link?

Reaction score
A collection speaks words about a person, I for one have a wife who does not care for Star Wars. She is rather supportive of new items that I want. She even let me display my entire McFarlane Spider-man collection. She is understanding the "nerd" she married, but I do appreciate her and she is great. Enjoy the collection fellow scummers!