Master Replicas Y-Wing Studio Scale Model

Reaction score
Word on the street is the MR Studio Scale Y-wing will be available for ordering next week (unconfirmed). Who's standing in line to get one? Depending on price, I'm likely to nab one.
Anyone else?

Reaction score
Re: Who\'s Ordering the MR Y-wing?

Im in, without a doubt in my mind. Any OT Studio Scale, count me in 100%

Reaction score

last year was too expensive, i'm out

Reaction score

How can I get in on these "word on the street" deals?
smile.gif
Thanks for telling us.. don't know if I will buy.

Reaction score

Markimus said:
smile.gif

MR's latest email said a new Studio Scale was close at hand (Im paraphrasing), and on their calendar they have Jan 19th marked as the debut for something, so we're putting two and two together, going by assumptions that the only SW Studio Scale that could be ready for release is the YWing.

Reaction score

BigDumbWookiee said:
Markimus said:
smile.gif

MR's latest email said a new Studio Scale was close at hand (Im paraphrasing), and on their calendar they have Jan 19th marked as the debut for something, so we're putting two and two together, going by assumptions that the only SW Studio Scale that could be ready for release is the YWing.
ANother email in which I did not receive. I can barely afford the LEs and have room for them so unfortunately I am passing on the SS's for now

Mauricio

Reaction score

I'm in line for one.

Does anyone know if it will be available from secondary dealers? Or with the recent LE/CE changes it will only be available through MR directly?

Reaction score

BigDumbWookiee said:
Markimus said:
smile.gif

When you click on it it says: "Thank a teacher you can read this! San Dimas High School Football Rules!"

laugh.gif

Reaction score

Mauricio said:
I'm in line for one.

Does anyone know if it will be available from secondary dealers? Or with the recent LE/CE changes it will only be available through MR directly?

I'm 99.9% sure Studio Scales will remain available through both MR direct and authorized dealers alike.

Reaction score

I never thought of this a have to have kind of prop. Might I ask what the interesting things about it are?

Reaction score

qwa_raig said:
I never thought of this a have to have kind of prop. Might I ask what the interesting things about it are?

Same thing interesting about an XWing, or TIE Fighter, or other Star Wars vehicle, it's just a unique item representing the film. To each their own, I'd be asking the same thing about a Prequel Trilogy Studio Scale.

Reaction score

qwa_raig said:
Might I ask what the interesting things about it are?

A few things:

1. Studio scale
2. ANH prop
3. Price (supposedly very affordable according to Steve D.).

Only bad thing is....no display case!

Reaction score

What are we expecting for price?

Reaction score

I'm hoping no more than $499 without a display case.

Reaction score

Vaapad_VII said:
What are we expecting for price?

PURE speculation here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was $400, given the pricing on other Studio Scales, lack of a acrylic cover, etc.

Reaction score

I'm actually thinking it'll be priced at around $450 without the case and all. I've seen it and its pretty big nice, but I plan on getting the Falcon so all the SS models are out until I figure out the price and availability of that bad boy.

Reaction score

And there you have it! $400, $450, $500, I bet somebody's right!

Reaction score

im not getting one. i never had any interest in the studio scale line. they just dont do anythign for me, no matter how nice they're gonna look, plus i dont have the room or funds for them. I'm already out of room for my sabers >_<

Reaction score

Wow - that's lower than I had expected, considering it's size

Reaction score

BigDumbWookiee said:
And there you have it! $400, $450, $500, I bet somebody's right!

Someone needs to bid $1 and "come on down."

Reaction score

Well, I'll up you guys and wager $599.

If memory servse, this should be bigger than the snowspeeder, so minus the acrylic cover should leave the same price

Reaction score

I bet these will be available much cheaper since i feel it is a weak vehicle choice.

It just isnt as cool or recognizable to non fans as hte other pieces.

..if this was a SS landspeeder I bet it would sell

Reaction score

ortiz34 said:
..if this was a SS landspeeder I bet it would sell

I'm hoping for one of these at some point. But after the Vader TIE, Falcon, and Xwings are produced
smile.gif

Reaction score

Saw the prototype and it's a really interesting piece. Much more iconic than the snowspeeder IMO. But due to the size and price point, it's just not that high on my list of "must haves".
Probably wait a few years for the price to come down similar to the snowspeeder or wait until MR releases a CE version.
smirk.gif

Reaction score

I believe the email said the next release was "waiting in the wings", a sure indication to me that it will be the Y-Wing. I am in if it is $599 or under. In order of love of the crafts:
1) Vader TIE fighter
2) Falcon
3) X-Wing
4) Y-Wing
5) Standard TIE

Reaction score

I definately will order it as I have the Icons X-Wing and TIE Fighter and it will look good with those.

Does anyone think MR will make an Studio Scale X-Wing or TIE Fighter or did the Icons versions satisfy most collectors? I don't really see them on people's want list and i'm not sure how much more improved they would be (except for the crappy cases).

Other than that I will wait for the Y-Wing and hopefully SS Millenium Falcon next year.

Also would anybody want to see MR make a TIE Interceptor?

Reaction score

Scoob77 said:

Personally I'd prefer it as I always like the Interceptors over the standard TIEs anyways. I have no doubts that Master Replicas will be making an X-Wing Fighter and a TIE Fighter. Those two ships are way too iconic to skip over. I am actually expecting those to be the SS offerings for 2007 because of the Anniversary but who knows when we'll get them.

Reaction score

Scoob77 said:

Way back at Celebration 2, Steve had mentioned this was a possibility someday.

As for the Y-Wing I'm getting closer to finishing my own.

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/3064/image147ws.jpg
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/7334/image134mh.jpg
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/2232/image129zl.jpg
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/8501/image100cp.jpg
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/5278/image099ui.jpg

Reaction score

If the mystery studio scale item is, indeed, the Y-Wing and it's around or under $500 like some of you are predicting, I'll order one. If not, I'll wait and see if I can swing a sweet deal on it like I did on the Snowspeeder and AT-AT.

Judging from MR's behavior lately, the mystery SS item may not be the Y-Wing. It may be a rehash of the snowspeeder in red colors, or a sepcial edition of the Vader helmet. The Boba helmet wouldn't be ready to go yet, would it? I'm in "wait and see" mode.

Reaction score

I'll pass until the price becomes too good to resist. It just isn't a very iconic piece in my book and I for one am saving my cash for something more must have.
If it were the Falcon, an X-Wing or either TIE I'd probably go for it. Always wanted the Icons TIE and X-Wing, so I'll hold off on the Y-Wing.

Reaction score

boba_flint said:
As for the Y-Wing I'm getting closer to finishing my own.
Man, that looks sweet!! I'm a big fan of studio scale modeling. I've built myself a 32" Falcon
smile.gif

Eric

Reaction score

Think I am going to stick with Code 3 vehicles. They are a bit smaller, but the detail is amazing, and my office is quickly running out of room.

Reaction score

It all depends on price.

And even then I will think "wouldn't I rather save $XXX for the Falcon?"

Reaction score

I am definately in....I saw some nice production drawings of them and I saw the cockpit. the Whole thing is like 28 inches long. I was thinking it would be closer to arund 800-900. But if it is below that then I am even happier.

on a side note, does anyone have the star wars 365 day book. on the first few pages there is a picture of Lucas with all the ships and models....I think the ones of the y-wings are the studio scale...