Master Replicas Leia signature blaster and Han regular blaster in Australia

Dax

Reaction score
This is a PSA for anyone currently living in Victoria that I may have a lead on a MR Leia signature edition blaster and a Han regular edition blaster. The seller is looking for $6K for the Leia version and has not yet priced the Han, but being a regular edition they've said it will be a lot less.

For those not aware and that think the prices are ridiculously high, due to local laws regarding replica firearms it is impossible to ship these in from overseas and still very risky to ship them within Australia. Pretty much the only option to obtain one now is either be a licensed firearms collector with the appropriate storage facilities, or buy them locally from a collector that already has them.

Reaction score
I would have been interested in the Hans Solo ANH blaster, but I live in Germany so this won't be possible. I would love to pick that one up and visit Australia again though :)
Chris

Reaction score
It's not impossible in fact it is relatively easy. I have imported the MR ANH Han elite, an e11 by Scott at crucible customs, the MR ESB Han (twice) and an Aliens pulse rifle.
All of this was done with a B709 permit (or state equivalent) and took less than a week from submitting my application online to the permit arriving in my mailbox.
The only hiccup came with the pulse rifle and I had to attend customs house in Fremantle where I presented my permit had a laugh and discussion with the customs officers (who loved the prop and were posing with it!) And I then walked out with it in my hands.
I've never even had trouble shipping interstate. I just use a freight company via road.
I think it's sellers taking advantage of locals who don't know how to circumnavigate these issues.

Dax

Reaction score
I think you're actually stating the same thing that I mentioned originally. If you have a firearms license you can then apply to import a firearm using the B709 permit process. This still requires the purchaser to have the appropriate storage container for a firearm as replica or not, Victoria would consider these as firearms. If you have that capacity, then yes you can easily import these replicas but not everyone is able to meet those requirements.

Reaction score
A B709 permit doesn't require a firearms licence. It's stand alone paperwork. I'm not sure how overzealous Victoria is regarding firearms but nearly every item I've imported has arrived in the country at Melbourne and gone through the same inspection process as every other inbound package and still got to me without any issues.
I still think anyone importing anything should ring the relevant police department handling the issuing of these permits but once I did and explained to the officer that it was just a replica and could never be made to function or take any calibre of ammunition he didn't see an issue.
Our gun laws are a joke though!!!

Last edited: