Master Replicas Group Inc.

Reaction score
So, ten years later we start over. How does the community feel about this?

http://www.masterreplicasgroup.com

I am a collector that asked for the old Master Replicas to return. I feel a bit cautious though... Careful what you wish for? I see Steve Dymszo here, bring out the HAL-9000 that was released with his artifactory replicas company.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to watch the value of the old MR products impacted by this announcement and if they start making SW products again. Could see a significant drop in the market value for those old MR items which will help the community. Or it could Drive them up higher if the quality of the products isn't the same. Very interesting...

Reaction score
This brings back memories. :) It will be interesting to see what they develop in the long run.

Reaction score
Although I own many MR SW items, I hope the new company will produce SW prop replicas.
I can't imagine that any new operation will be worse than EFX

Reaction score
I'm excited about this news.. bring back high quality Star Wars replicas..

Reaction score
Didn't a website like this pop up a year or two ago and then suddenly just disappear? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them come back and especially with Star Wars props, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much yet.

Reaction score
This awesome..
My wallet hasn't recovered from some of the eBay price I have been paying for original MR items..
I hope they start to produce some awesome replicas.. Like somebody stated before.. I can't get any worse than what we have to deal with EFX..

Last edited:
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to watch the value of the old MR products impacted by this announcement and if they start making SW products again. Could see a significant drop in the market value for those old MR items which will help the community. Or it could Drive them up higher if the quality of the products isn't the same. Very interesting...
They state clearly they are collectors themselves and own their own collections. They also state they are going to be creating new props we have not seen before. I take this as meaning they are going to be producing new things, not just go on a mission of re-hashing everything MR has released before. This will be the best outcome for all collectors, stabilize and grow the community instead of trying to crash it by cannibalizing the existing MR collections and creating ill will with their already best and proven customers going forward. A joint venture of both Star Wars and Star Trek with an already large established company sounds like Anovos as first guess, or QMX as a second guess.

Reaction score
Fingers doublecrossed for ( yet another ) chance for continuing my favourite scaled lightsabers collection as eFX never came up with them as announced some years ago

Reaction score
I loved when I started collecting getting MR stuff then within 2 years MR no longer made Star Wars replicas, shocked how long it's been.

Reaction score
Well from the sounds of it it'll be years before they get a SW replica out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They will gain respect when they start churning out on a regular basis Star Wars props of decent quality and reasonable price. Kind of like what MR was doing before they stopped.

Reaction score
Didn't a website like this pop up a year or two ago and then suddenly just disappear? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them come back and especially with Star Wars props, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much yet.
^ This. They need to prove they are able to make nice props in a timely manner, with a decent customer service and communication, respect for all collectors, including international ones, before our trust should go to any of these companies anymore. We trusted others and look where we are now. I really hope this will be good news and not just some bait.

Last edited:
Reaction score
original staff?

(got Amy?)

"with a decent customer service and communication" (this)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It seems it's Amy herself who announced this. I do not mind them releasing the older MR stuff but maybe add additional feature to it. For instance re-releasing some of the older popular models with reveal feature, guts and all. I do hope Disney could somehow pass the SW license held by eFX and get it to MRG. Wonder is Steve gonna be part of the new company?

Reaction score
And I believe prices of LE sabers will no longer be what MR used to charge 10 years ago. Production, labor and licensing cost have most definitely went up. I think LE sabers won't be USD249-349. Maybe more like USD449-499? 🤔

Regardless I am just glad there is a good chance we will see consistent prop replica products again.

Reaction score
This can't be real. I must be dreaming. The King is Back! (fingers crossed)

Reaction score
Sounds like Amy will be heading up Customer Service just like the good ol days. Man. This takes me back!

Reaction score
If it's true, this might make me dig out the ol' wallet again (Finally!). (And that announcement does sound very "Amy-ish...") YAY!!!

Sounds like Amy will be heading up Customer Service just like the good ol days. Man. This takes me back!

Reaction score
I don't think Disney will grant Star Wars prop replica license to MR while eFX is still in the market.
I am sure when eFX purchased the license to manufacture prop replicas for the OT and now the Force Awakens and the Last Jedi, the license also comes with "exclusivity," just like most other licenses that are granted.

I believe this all depends on how well eFX does in the future with the upcoming TLJ and etc. If eFX does not churn out items in the future, most likely, MR will have more sway in having Disney grant them license instead.

However, with new streams of cash coming from their PCR sales and successful sales of the Anniversary helmets, I believe eFX is well positioned to deliver "something" more frequently in the near future.

I am still crossing for a more affordable Melted Darth Vader helmet :)

Once again, the "new" MR will not have Star Wars license at the moment. It will probably be another half-decade or more until they will be granted with SW license (and only if eFX ****s up with their current operation).

Last edited:
Reaction score
BDW where have you been? It's been a long time. Yeah great memories. Glad u are back here! By the way, the Medal of Yavin you sold me like what 10 years ago, I am still having it displayed in my room all these years.

Reaction score
I've just signed up. Taking things with a grain of salt, and wishing for the best outcome. If this turns out to be all it says it will be, I'll surely become a frequent buyer.

Reaction score
Looks like Amy is back and is Customer Service Manager i send them an email last night and got a reply back this morning

Reaction score
Hello Scimitar!

This is Amy, Customer Service Manager at Master Replicas Group. The website that popped up a year or two ago was not us and had nothing to do with us. I just wanted to let you know. :) Have a great day!

Reaction score
Hello Friends, old and new! I just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello and to let you know how excited I am to be back at the new Master Replicas Group. If you have any questions I can answer or anything else I can help you with, please feel free to contact me at any time at amy@masterreplicasgroup.com.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Amy
Customer Service Manager
Master Replicas Group

Reaction score
It seems it's Amy herself who announced this. I do not mind them releasing the older MR stuff but maybe add additional feature to it. For instance re-releasing some of the older popular models with reveal feature, guts and all. I do hope Disney could somehow pass the SW license held by eFX and get it to MRG. Wonder is Steve gonna be part of the new company?
Hi Jawa! Steve is the CEO of Master Replicas Group. :)

Reaction score
Hi Amy! Welcome back! Looking forward to some great awesome news from Master Replicas Group! WOO HOO

Reaction score
Hi Amy -

Welcome back! Assuming MRG gets the license rights it intends to get, do you anticipate releasing new variants of items/prop replicas previously offered?

Thanks,
R14

Hello Friends, old and new! I just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello and to let you know how excited I am to be back at the new Master Replicas Group. If you have any questions I can answer or anything else I can help you with, please feel free to contact me at any time at amy@masterreplicasgroup.com.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Amy
Customer Service Manager
Master Replicas Group

Reaction score
Hi Amy -

Welcome back! Assuming MRG gets the license rights it intends to get, do you anticipate releasing new variants of items/prop replicas previously offered?

Thanks,
R14
Hi Red14,

I am unable to give out any information on our upcoming products and product lines other than what is already on our website at this time. Isn't the anticipation and the surprise half the fun anyway? :)

The best way to get product updates and announcements will be to register on our website at www.masterreplicasgroup.com.

Reaction score
OMG!!!! This news just makes my day!!! MR is back, Amy is back...too much awesomeness!! Can't wait to see what you guys produce.

On a side note, I love this little jab at eFX: "What we will be doing differently however, is we will be putting up WEEKLY updates on the product’s production (and later shipping) with photos and reports from the factory. We do not want anyone to ever feel that their hard-earned money is going into a vacuum." :grin: B)

Reaction score
Hi Jawa! Steve is the CEO of Master Replicas Group. :)
Ah ok! Steve is indeed CEO of MRG. These prop replicas forums is gonna be exciting all over again just like the good old MR days! BRING IT! My wallet is ready. LOL I am gonna be so broke. LOL