Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Far From Home (2019)

GNT

Reaction score
A Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel is already on track for a 2019 release!On the heels of last’s night’s Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer debut, Sony Pictures has updated their release schedule to reveal that a Homecoming sequel is already on track for a 2019 release. The Homecoming sequel, which will continue to explore the adventures of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will hit theaters July 5, 2019. As a result, the studio is shifting the release of the planned Bad Boys 4 to May 24, 2019. A third Bad Boys film, titled Bad Boys For Life, is still on track for a January 12, 2018 release with The A-Team and The Grey director Joe Carnahan (taking the reigns from Michael Bay.Who do you want to see as the next villain?

Reaction score
Juggernaunt's an X-Villain, they can't use him unless they cut some deal with Fox.

Reaction score
A tad ealy me thinks, Homecoming isn't even out yet...
That aside, I'd like to see Kraven finally make the big screen. As well as Chameleon. Maybe Rhino, so they can fix the last one's mistake.
I know Spidey had a lot of Villains, but he seems to be running out of them with all the movies being done. Some of them were shared, and now owned by other studios.
So...

GNT

Reaction score
For me Mysterio or Scorpion on screen would be neat to see. I just don't want them to rehash the Green Goblin or other used villains just yet. Though s decent Rhino and Green Goblin down the track would be nice.

Reaction score
Though, upon careful reflection, we all know it's probably gonna be Venom...

Reaction score
Though, upon careful reflection, we all know it's probably gonna be Venom...

Spidey has to help with the fight against Thanos, loses his outfit and has to get a new one. Picks up the "super-smart, predictive black suit". Basically blend his SECRET WARS story with the INFINITY WAR movie. I think that's definitely workable.

Reaction score
I'd love to see the Sinister 6 in the sequel. or a Venom the Madness type storyline with both venom and carnage

Reaction score
Juggernaunt's an X-Villain, they can't use him unless they cut some deal with Fox.
True, but "Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut" is one of the best Spidey stories ever. I can dream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GNT

Reaction score
Rumours are in that Jake Gyllenhaal could be Mysterio in the next movie.

Reaction score
Wait a minute, Spidey died in Infinity Wars!

I'd pass if so, not a fan of Jake at all. Why not just get some new guy, Holland is the title star and has proven himself. So there's no need to get BIG names for villains. Even though Keaton nailed it.

GNT

Reaction score
We have a title - Spiderman - Far From Home

Reaction score
They seem to be sticking close to "home" with these titles. :p

Honestly, I was hoping for the rumored "Field Trip" subtitle. But this works.

Reaction score
This is just my OCD kicking in, but the thread title shouldn't have a "2" it. :D

Reaction score
Well...I guess it's pretty obvious what villain I'm routing for! Yup...duh...Rocket Racer and the Kangaroo! HOW'D YOU KNOW? =P

Honestly, if it's not Mysterio by this point, I'll be downright annoyed. I've waited six films now, I don't want to wait seven. I mean of course I didn't expect him to be used before Green Goblin or Ock or even some others, but I certainly espected him before now. How many classic major playing villains are even undone anymore? Mysterio, Kraven, Chameleon, Scorpion, Hobgoblin, Black Cat, Morbius, Kingpin, Carnage. That's about it.

My thoughts on each would be:

Kraven: I def. want to see him...but he doesn't offer much as far as spectacle. He uses primitive weaponry, so I think his story would have to be more a personal and psychological one. Think The Predator meets Spider-Man. Before the first Amazing Spider-Man, my idea was always to have the Lizard (sort of in the role of Vermin in Kraven's Last Hunt) origin combined with Kraven. Kraven comes to New York to investigate and hunt this rumored beast reportedly seen in the sewers, he's about to trap and take the lizard on when Spider-Man shows up, not witnessing Kraven, and the hunter witnesses Spidey take down the Lizard and thus realizes he was after the wrong prey. This is his target. This new prey is the apex predator, the Spider-Man.

Chameleon: I also would love to see him but I think he works better as a second in command to a puppet-master rather than a lead. I actually think he'd work best as a goon for Mysterio due to them both utilizing deception and trickery. I actually somewhat wrote a Mysterio film script in which it adapts a number of classic Mysterio stories, one being his first appearance where he impersonates and frames Spider-Man for crimes, thus ruining his reputation. In my version, Mysterio still does his shtick, but this time around he employed the Chameleon to play and subsequently frame Spider-Man. Mysterio uses him as a patsy in his ploy to take Spider-Man down.

Scorpion: Yet again another I'd like to see. I just don't think he offers enough depth to really run an entire script himself. He's basically just a disgruntled thug who robs banks. The only depth he really has, his relationship with Jameson, won't work unless they bring Jameson into the films again. Which honestly, I'm praying they do. Scorpion works better, to me, as a role akin to what Shocker was in Homecoming. Plus considering Mac was in Homecoming with his nifty gang-tag scorpion tattoo, I think he's a major possibility of happening sooner than later. I just don't want him for a major role.

Hobgoblin: I always thought, in Spider-Man 3, Harry should have been adapted into the Hobgoblin. Now I get that it's comic-accurate to make him the Green Goblin II, but I just thought that for screen it made more sense to go with Hobgoblin. It's visually different and it's a way to get a more original character out there while still paying homage to Norman's secret identity. Instead we just got some X-Games snowboard reject. He looked like the Rocket Racer. But truth be told, I wouldn't want Hobbie before Green Goblin so I'm in no rush for this character.

Black Cat: She would be a nice addition, especially considering we've never seen a female super in a Spider-Man film. However, I will always view her more as allied with Peter than a foe. So if she's included I would want a true villain in the background.

Morbius: A lot seem to really want Morbius, but I have to be honest here. I like the character, but I never felt he really worked for Spider-Man's lore. A gothic-style vampire...in Spider-Man? I think more Batman than anything. He just never fit to me, which I think is why he largely became more his own character and less a Spider-verse character. So I really am not too eager for him on screen. Let me rephrase that. I'm not eager for him on screen in a Spider-Man film, but I'm be down for his inclusion in some other things like a new Blade, Ghostrider, perhaps even...maybe...on a Nexflix series like DD or even in his own.

Kingpin: He presents...issues due to Netflix DD. Unless you could cast Vincent D'Onofrio, I'm not for his inclusion. Now if you CAN cast him...I'm ALL for it!

Carnage: Controversial opinion but I'm not a huge fan of the character. I always found him a cheap cash grab and a very generic manic mass murder type villain. It's not hard to write someone who just runs around killing with no motive. Joker has depth, character, reason even when he proclaims he doesn't. I found Carnage just playing off the newfound popularity of Venom at the time and combining it with less thoughtful aspects of the Joker. So I can live without ever seeing him. Plus like Hobgoblin to Green Goblin, it doesn't make much sense doing him before Venom. Plus, odds are he'll be in the Venom sequel anyway.

I think of all the above left, Mysterio is just the clear front-runner. He has the most to give. He can offer the psychology of Kraven and then some, but also the visual spectacle of almost something like the Dr. Strange movie. Think about it, if you want amazing special effects scenes...his "powers" are special effects. But they're not without substance, he's much like the Scarecrow is to Batman. He can offer shocks, surprises, frights, major action set pieces, and a very intelligent and thought-provoking story-line.

Now there are always other options, more minor villains like Jackal, Tombstone, Prowler (though more allied), Beetle, Tarantula, Hydroman, and others, but I can't really see many being that considered and if they are, nothing more than a casual throwaway role.

There's also always the option of re-doing villains. Green Goblin and Ock I assume would be first to that table since it's been so long and they're probably the most crucial of all his foes. I so don't even count the GG in Amazing Spider-Man 2. Would seem a shame to never have them in the MCU as they're just such major players, but I do think we should wait a little longer. Maybe plant seeds first, like newspaper headlines featuring OsCorps or someone mentions some dude named Dr. Octavius on the cusp of innovative breakthroughs in his scientific field. I'd also like to see a version of Rhino (I liked the film design) for more than a single minute...and actually get a real fight scene with him instead of suddenly cutting away before we get to the good stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, if the rumor is true that Jake Gyllenhaal is currently in talks to sign as Mysterio, you may just get your wish!

Reaction score
Well, if the rumor is true that Jake Gyllenhaal is currently in talks to sign as Mysterio, you may just get your wish!
I'm reeeeeeally hoping the rumor is true and I think Jake is a fantastic choice!

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see Mysterio. I never read any SM comics, too many to follow back when I was a kid (I do recall having a Morbius issue, maybe late 70's, that was a cool issue), I lovked the old 1964ish TV cartoon and then the late 70's TV SM (although never had any "real" comic based villans) and any SM cartoon until 1990s or so.
I was never a Kraven fan.. maybe because he didn't appear in that 60's cartoon.
As far as any redo of previous villians..GREEN GOBLIN!! I never liked the green armor/static mask. I wished the mask was like Jim Carey's "The Mask" in that it would take over Norman's face and of coarse, his identity and sane Norman would've grown unable to remove the mask, hence his insanity.
0h an SP3 GG 2.0..that was TERRIBLE!! I had to keep reminding myself that it's suppose to be GG and not a crossover w/a Green Lantern wanna-be. I too had hoped that character would've been Hobgoblin. Nothing against Jamie Foxx but I also hated the Palpatine-wanna-be Electro. I get it that the classic look w/star head wouldn't fair well on film but I wished his uniform was dark green but as his powers intensified, his extremities would start glowing changing from dark to light green to yellow then finally to white
But yeah, I'm hoping rumor is true that mysterio is the villan. That may prompt me to finally see Homecoming. I've wanted to see it for Keaton but the Justin Bieber spiderman just turned me off of Spiderman just as Clooney did for Batman. (thank goodness Bale took over for next 3 and please can he come back as BM, Afflect was ..well he was BM- just a different meaning for BM

if mysterio..please don't F up the costume- same w/ SM-- Toby's costume was the best (I do admit doc-ok was better on film than classic comic look- trench coat looked bad *** same w/ Lizard- when he had the lab coat on)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see Mysterio. I never read any SM comics, too many to follow back when I was a kid (I do recall having a Morbius issue, maybe late 70's, that was a cool issue), I lovked the old 1964ish TV cartoon and then the late 70's TV SM (although never had any "real" comic based villans) and any SM cartoon until 1990s or so.
I was never a Kraven fan.. maybe because he didn't appear in that 60's cartoon.
As far as any redo of previous villians..GREEN GOBLIN!! I never liked the green armor/static mask. I wished the mask was like Jim Carey's "The Mask" in that it would take over Norman's face and of coarse, his identity and sane Norman would've grown unable to remove the mask, hence his insanity.
0h an SP3 GG 2.0..that was TERRIBLE!! I had to keep reminding myself that it's suppose to be GG and not a crossover w/a Green Lantern wanna-be. I too had hoped that character would've been Hobgoblin. Nothing against Jamie Foxx but I also hated the Palpatine-wanna-be Electro. I get it that the classic look w/star head wouldn't fair well on film but I wished his uniform was dark green but as his powers intensified, his extremities would start glowing changing from dark to light green to yellow then finally to white
But yeah, I'm hoping rumor is true that mysterio is the villan. That may prompt me to finally see Homecoming. I've wanted to see it for Keaton but the Justin Bieber spiderman just turned me off of Spiderman just as Clooney did for Batman. (thank goodness Bale took over for next 3 and please can he come back as BM, Afflect was ..well he was BM- just a different meaning for BM

if mysterio..please don't F up the costume- same w/ SM-- Toby's costume was the best (I do admit doc-ok was better on film than classic comic look- trench coat looked bad *** same w/ Lizard- when he had the lab coat on)
I always hated the Green Goblin suit, particular the helmet, they put Dafoe in. I thought the performance was phenomenal, but it was so hard for me to get past that stupid power ranger mask. I always argued that Willam DaFoe looks more frightening and more like the GG out of costume than he does in. All due respect to the man, but his face can be freaking terrifying and he simply and naturally just looks like some sort of...well...goblin. With an actor so expressive and a face like that, why on Earth would you COMPLETELY cover it up? I always found it to be a huge mistake and highly distracting.

My concept design (I was so annoyed by the final film version I actually drew out what I would have done) for a live-action Green Goblin always looked akin to one of the Moria Orcs from Lord of the Rings. That way it would be a latex mask that adheres to DaFoe's face, so we'd get every horrifying facial expression and emotion out of his preformance while still hiding his identity.

Have you seen what the original Green Goblin mask was? Before I even knew, that's pretty much what they original did too; sort of an Orcish like look. The original concept design prototype, I mean. It got as far as being made and got test shoots. Check these out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXAGC_B2Ys

Now THAT would have been a MILLION times better than what we got. Alas it was scrapped apparently because it was deemed "too scary" for the lil kiddies. So they went with the infamous power ranger look instead.

As for Kraven, I never cared much for him either...that is until I read Kraven's Last Hunt. Give that a read, it'll completely change your perspective on the character. It certainly changed mine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mysterio yes, Gyllenhaal, no thanks.

I think Mysterio and Chameleon as a duo would be good. Then Black Cat as an Ally for Peter.

Far From Home, is this about him getting back to Earth from Space after IW? lol

Reaction score
Mysterio yes, Gyllenhaal, no thanks.

I think Mysterio and Chameleon as a duo would be good. Then Black Cat as an Ally for Peter.

Far From Home, is this about him getting back to Earth from Space after IW? lol
I'm def. glad you like most my concepts, hopefully they go with it. I mean...I'm clearly die-hard spidey. I was even part of the Spider-Man fanclub as a kid. Yes there really was one. Hah! I even bought the first appearance of Mysterio (Amazing Spider-Man #13), years ago, and got it autographed by Stan Lee. Even basically stalked the poor man, long story, found out at the same hotel, not super creepy...just some (lol)...just to meet him out of the convention experiences. By God it worked and he was as charming and sweet as you can imagine and so kind. I talked to him for a good ten minutes before I was shooed away. It was amazing! Even gave a free auto and photo with him. I'd like to think he gave me that because he recognized a true fan of his work and not someone just trying to get stuff off him to sell on Ebay. Because we went in depth, though he got a lot of details wrong. But firstly he's so elderly, this was over a decade ago too, and secondly, from his POV he made SO many characters it's simply impossible to remember them all.

I guess your only issue is the casting. See I dig Jake as. But I can also dig others. Just not a fan of Jake Gyllenhall?

If I may, since he's really getting up there and not doing so well of late, I want to put it out there. As a fan who Stan granted far more to than just a convention meet up, meaning a few seconds and a photo, I actually met the man. For real. Can even prove it. Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, and John Romita Sr. (among others but those especially) really helped form my character. I wish I could have met them too. They all showed me so much. Ethics. Morals. Right and wrong. As a child I learned something from comic books...I learned how to try to be a good person despite the world spitting on you all the time. My father and my favorite comic book writers and artists showed me how to endure this cruel and horrid world. But they also showed me it's not always horrid at all. In fact, it's just an adventure. That we all take in our own way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think Gyllenhaal works better as a creepy weirdo bad guy sort. See Donnie Darko/Nightcrawler. It's hero roles I have a hard time seeing him in...

Reaction score
Looks great though Gyllnehal looks like the Prince of Persia without the helmet

GNT

Reaction score
Nice I see a trailer for this one, glad they've used new villains as well which is always good to see.

Reaction score
Prediction time: as the worlds leading authority on all things Mysteriom heh teasing, I got so much ofthis plot pretty much DOWN. Also some theories.

1. Amazing Spider-Man #13: Mysterio introduces himself to the world as a hero. Of course you later discover he's a disgruntled special effects expert. He impersonates Spider-Man, defames his character, and frames him for crimes...upon which he'd then show and up on the real Spider-Man and defeat him. He has a history of using illusions and gadgets to make himself APPEAR mystical or all-powerful. Of course he's later ousted as a crook and continues a life of crime to get revenge upon Spider-Man.

This is essentially the arch they are going with. The kids think he is a hero for stopping these elemental monsters, which by the way, appear to be (potentially) Sandman, Hydroman, and Moltenman inspired. These characters are among Spider-Man's most VISUALLY artistic and elaborate powered characters. They're very fantastical when compared to some others, also (outside of Sandman) they're not particularly well-known or good enough characters to hold down their own films. So...I'm 99.9% sure...there is no Sandman, Hydroman, or Moltenman. They're illusions. They're not real. Of course a special effects master would want to go with EYE-CANDY major elaborate villains to PRETEND to defeat. Also, it's a way of winking at us, the fans, by getting someone like, say, Moltenman or Hydroman into a movie...even if they are just made-up by Mysterio.

2. I'm not even entirely sure that Nick Fury is Nick Fury, HE too could very much so be Mysterio manipulating the whole scenario.

3. Like I said, Mysterio impersonated Spider-Man. What if this black stealth suit Spider-Man ISN'T Peter. What if it's Mysterio as well, or, perhaps even better...a way of getting another ACTUAL villain in but logically: who works with a special effects workers? Actors! What Spider-Man villain is an actor...the Chameleon. I could def. see him being a perfect underline, the Shocker to Keaton's Vulture, to Mysterio.

The trailer is entirely set up to make you believe that there's these new huge elemental threats and there's a new hero in town, Mysterio, to stop them...maybe even show Spider-Man and the Avengers up. But that's not it at all, it's what Mysterio always wants you to think. The master of deception and illusions.

Expect a Sherlock Holmes level reveal after Mysterio is defeated explaining how he did it all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The "villains" are apparently supposed to be based on the Elementals characters from the 1970s.

Reaction score
The "villains" are apparently supposed to be based on the Elementals characters from the 1970s.
That is true, but there is just no denying they are visually inspired by Hydroman, Sandman, Moltenman, and some believe the Air element is Electro abose the bridge in the lightening storm. Because these look nothing like the actual comic Elementals, whom were Dr. Strange characters, but much more akin to physical interpretations of actual Spider-Man villains. It's a wink to longtime fans. This even proven by an Easter Egg in the Venice scene of a boat that has "ASM 212" on it. That meaning the first appearance of Hydroman, Venice naturally being where this water Elemental attacks. Then you top it off with the fact that Mysterio seems to be using powers akin to Dr. Strange. Which l think all the more points to them not even existing at all but being elaborate holograms, illusions, technology, and effects Mysterio is manipulating and creating. I believe his plan will be like a Greco Roman play, making the world believe that divine entities have come to destroy mankind for the follies of mans greed and violence...and he, by wanting to show Spider-Man up or some other nefarious scheme, acts as the worlds savior for reasons yet unknown. But we all know he will get ousted as the con artist and criminal he is by the end. But it's a wonderful way to work in some other Spider-Man villians...while NOT actually working them in at all or even likely calling them it by name. Though they could have a scene where Spider-Man stumbles across a Mysterio dressing room or studio and finds early production and design concepts for his Elementals (likely named the more regal and God- like names of the actual comic Elementals) where the Easter Egg could be their prototypes were nicknamed simply Hydroman, Sandman, and Moltenman. Think "Walrus Man" on 77's Star Wars, later Ponda Baba. In this universes interpretation, some Spider-Man villains...are just what Vader is to Lucas or the Alien is to Ridley Scott: a creation of imagination. The creation of a brilliant but bitter film genius, actor, artist, and magician..(which is why.he steals shtick from Dr. Strange too...special effects are JUST AS MUCH CREATING MAGIC is his jealous mindset and DESERVE APPRECIATED! HE deserves his WORK to be appreciated and will stop at nothing to do it, including hurt, steal, and destroy those who foil him. He probably went mad after being let go from a film project...all this is typical of him in his common ASM issues) turned deadly con artist criminal; Mysterio!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw about that ASM 212 thing. And apparently there’s references to Molten Man & Sandman’s first appearances in the respective elemental attack scenes. So it could very likely turn out to be those 2 & Hydro-Man (and possibly Electro) working with Mysterio. Perhaps Fury isn’t who he seems to be either, maybe a Chameleon in disguise. Which would be a total of 6 villains. Just my personal spitballing here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind finally seeing Chameleon on screen. And i think your Nick Fury theory is interesting. We'll see. It looks okay for a Sophomore attempt and will likely be good as was the first. I'm just more interested in Captain Marvel at this point. As I'm kind of Spider-Man'd out after already seeing 6 movies with him, as well as two going on 3 ensemble appearances.

Reaction score
Just jumping to this thread from the End Game thread. The 2nd Trailer is epic and mind altering. Is Mysterio being truthful?? He is Mysterio. I certainly am all for multiverse!!

Can we somehow make the Venom movie part of this multiverse? Please?

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind finally seeing Chameleon on screen. And i think your Nick Fury theory is interesting. We'll see. It looks okay for a Sophomore attempt and will likely be good as was the first. I'm just more interested in Captain Marvel at this point. As I'm kind of Spider-Man'd out after already seeing 6 movies with him, as well as two going on 3 ensemble appearances.
I'm normally right there with you.. I can't stand all the remakes, rehashes, reboots, or whatever "re-" you want to call them we get today. However, I absolutely love the Tom Holland character, and Marvel just always seems to do things right, so I'm OK with it all. (side note.. I never really minded the other Spidermen.. Toby and Andrew, but again, just a bit tired of the remakes, and re tells, etc.) plus they always seem to lose it and go off track once they get past the original movie or two.

I'm right there with what was mentioned above, Mysterio was always an illusionist, and I like the Chameleon theory.. could be spot on!